As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Very Common [4th Of July] Thread

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    my docket is:

the patriot
    willdependence day episode of lucas bros moving co
    uncle sam
    charlie goes all america on everbody's ass
    independence day

then work

Not the other two America episodes of It's Always Sunny?

What's the third one? A quick mental inventory isn't bringing it up.

The Gang Wrestles for the Troops.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Ohhh yeah, that's a good one.

Also "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition" isn't explicitly American but it's got a looot of pro-American content.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I am watching ID4 RIGHT NOW.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i have dug my dvd player out of obscurity and founds my dvd folders.

I am going to watch/listen to 1776 now.

Then maybe Independence Day

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Was cleaning up a bit and went outside to throw some junk in the trash and oh man. As soon as I opened the door, I was hit by a wave of bbq smells. The 4th of July is also It-Smells-Really-Good-Outside day.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I survived today's reenactment! I am not even tired in the slightest so I guess my exercise has been working!

Also my musket did not miss fire once, which is a personal best!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I slept in till 5 because I work the night shift and am now eating Chinese food and listening to podcasts while playing Marvel Heroes

That's

American I think

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I slept in till 5 because I work the night shift and am now eating Chinese food and listening to podcasts while playing Marvel Heroes

That's

American I think

As long as you're playing an American hero.

• Options
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    AMERICA

ujkgy1k7jqt7.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    When I drove over the bridge today, there was some dude on one of these waving an American flag at the cars

CFhgn13VAAAlhQI.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just slammed two hotdogs into my stomach through my mouth. Also a bunch of chips and two cans of soda.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    zango11zango11 Registered User new member
    Happy 4th of July everyone :)

Here in N. Ireland I just came back from a family friend's house who had a huge celebration for 4th of July as he spent 10 years living in America and is the one celebration he loved the most so he honours it every year. Must say I tried key lime pie for the first today and it was pretty good! :)

• Options
    Muscles are just now starting to realize that they've done a shit ton of work today and are stiffening up.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I worked all day

This nights plans include: laying on my couch bored

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have to pick my buddy up from work

which honestly I am not thrilled about.

Lots of drunks out tonight I'm sure.

• Options
    ch0wlq28xtb7.jpg

SAFETY

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    that is a very large very blurry photograph!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I really hate fireworks, tbh. So do my dogs. I'll be glad when this shit is over.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    that is a very large very blurry photograph!

WITH EXPLOSIONS

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Our neighbors have set up a bonfire in their backyard, and are throwing fireworks onto it

I'm... not super happy about that

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    did I miss this? how the fuck is this not in here?

fuckin' John Philip Sousa deserves a goddamn place at the table, i tell you what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mRn9chmRAY

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Our neighbors have set up a bonfire in their backyard, and are throwing fireworks onto it

How big are we talking fireworks-wise?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Lando is protecting me from the big booms

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

How big are we talking fireworks-wise?

Hard to say... they were launching roman candles yesterday, but I think they've moved down to the tamer kinds you can buy at roadside stands (in adjacent states, as technically fireworks are illegal here)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    There's some really, REALLY big fireworks going on out there this year.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Still not cool, didge

The cops will give that thing a pass but if they're dong it past like midnight call someone

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    We're waiting at the train station after a party at our friends' place. Fireworks in every direction, though we can only hear them.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    About to watch a whole mess of fireworks get launched from a couple barges on the Mississippi River

• Options
    Getting sleepy!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Still not cool, didge

The cops will give that thing a pass but if they're dong it past like midnight call someone

You're dong past midnight.

Like a dong gremlin.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    There's one night a year where I can hear explosions and smell fire all around me and be like "nah, it's cool because of the date!"

That's kinda weird.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    There's one night a year where I can hear explosions and smell fire all around me and be like "nah, it's cool because of the date!"

That's kinda weird.

Do you not have new year's?

• Options

That's kinda weird.

Literally every day

• Options
    Kaplar wrote: »

That's kinda weird.

Do you not have new year's?

The fireworks are less prominent in our area I guess? It's usually just drunk people being super loud.

• Options
    So we don't think Lando is afraid of fireworks and thunder and such

But he does like to protect us from them

But he's taken to laying in my lap this evening

I think maybe he thinks I'M scared

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2015
    awwwww

when my sister goes surfing the dog always tries to rescue her from the waves
    but the dog is scared of the waves
    so afterwards she always sulks for at least an hour, i guess she thinks my sister is being horribly rash and inconsiderate.

tynic on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I MAKE FIREWORKS

I LOVE EXPLOSIONS

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I MAKE FIREWORKS

I LOVE EXPLOSIONS
    how many times do I have to ask you to shut the bathroom door??

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    That apocalyptic sound that just rattled your windows and set off your car alarm

That was me