Options

Poop Poop Feces Samus Master Chief LOL Echo Kekekeke

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    After watching that original one of his, I have to say that even though this guy rips off tons of stuff, and has really, really bad writing/characters, his action scenes are really fun and well done.

I actually think the original one is my favorite one.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i thought the dance scene was just as good as the fighting
    productionwise

Qorzm on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    left-field ending aside (wtf? that makes the crotch-shield thing.. weird)

I liked it, but

- the way he animated most things didn't feel like they had any weight or mass
    - oh dear god the textures, if he was already just using premade models, might as well taken some textures
    - the lighting is bad

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really liked it, espeically the stuff where Samus still had her suit.

The only thing that really bothered me was the whole random lesbian thing. I mean, I almost groaned when it looked like Samus was going to fall madly in love with Master Chief because that would have been really lame. Then once it's revealed MC is a chick I was thinking "Oh, ok cool. Weird twist and it sorta makes sense they joined sides." Then the whole lesbian overtone kicked in and I skipped right over groaning and went into a state of confused shock.

It was all better once the dancing started though. I was laughing and the the k-pop sounded just like any generic hip-hop so I just ignored it.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    chickenmaniachickenmania Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really liked it, espeically the stuff where Samus still had her suit.

The only thing that really bothered me was the whole random lesbian thing. I mean, I almost groaned when it looked like Samus was going to fall madly in love with Master Chief because that would have been really lame. Then once it's revealed MC is a chick I was thinking "Oh, ok cool. Weird twist and it sorta makes sense they joined sides." Then the whole lesbian overtone kicked in and I skipped right over groaning and went into a state of confused shock.

It was all better once the dancing started though. I was laughing and the the k-pop sounded just like any generic hip-hop so I just ignored it.

I thought it was meant to be random and campy. If that's the case - and I assumed that is is - it's pretty damn funny.

chickenmania on
    Nerds.
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    anyone think the action scene with him in the middle with the shotty kinda resembles a scene from equilibrium?

variant on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    variant wrote: »
    anyone think the action scene with him in the middle with the shotty kinda resembles a scene from equilibrium?

My thoughts exactly. The whole gun-fu thing.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    the shotty sequence was the best part.

edit: and Samus beating MC into the ground with the grapple beam.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No, the best part was the aforementioned sniper rifle + double shields = omg massacre part.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

My thoughts exactly. The whole gun-fu thing.

And how about the part that was directly tooken out of the Matrix where MC shoots like 3 rockets from the launcher. :P

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I laughed a few times throughout. The direct rip of Matrix music/choreography and light saber sound effects is probably what did it. But I was entertained and the action was good. The guy has talent. At least he seems to be doing what he loves. The video was made more out of fan love than anything else, which is fine by me. Whatever makes you happy, especially if it's constructive and creative.
    Metroid is a girl?
    HALO IS A GIRL?!
    :winky:

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hate this kind of stuff. I also hated AC. I also dislike Anime.

I'm a strange kind of geek.

RonTheDM on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's amazingly well done for an amateur, but it's also kind of retarded as fuck.

bruin on
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i really dug the one about the akuma wannabe.

Bruan on
    Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So uh, I'm late to the party, but I was pleasantly surprised by this video. :^:

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

It wouldn't be this one, would it? I don't know, there were a few scenes in that movie that were kind of similar to that sequence.

Masonite on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The consensus seems to be that derivative schlock is... schlock.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One side of my brain: This is SO cool!

Other side of my brain: This is SO stupid!

Yeah, I'm mixed. The responsible high-schooler and the irresponsible impulsive instant-gratification energy-drink-addicted sides of my brain are in constant struggle.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Masonite wrote: »

It wouldn't be this one, would it? I don't know, there were a few scenes in that movie that were kind of similar to that sequence.

I was thinking more of the scene where he goes all melee with the pistol butts.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

There were more than a few nods to that movie, actually. The part when the two of them are fighting HtH reminds me of the fight at the very end.

edit: Watching it again.. not so much.

Masonite on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    would have been a lot better without the matrix soundtrack.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    I have never in my life seen something that was simultaneously so amazingly stupid and ridiculously awesome.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, stuff like Kung Pow probably beats it out.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

DMC3 has the best gun-fu (minor spoiler warning).

I would love to see what the guy behind Xiao Xiao could do with some 3D models.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    I would love to see what the guy behind Xiao Xiao could do with some 3D models.

Pretty sure the later Xiao Xiaos use 3D models.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, you guys all took that way too seriously. I can see you hating it if you hate stuff like Advent Children (which I still think is the product of people just deciding it's bad because half-retarded nerd japanophiles like it too, I don't see why someone who likes 300 or God of War would dislike this sort of stuff, it's all the same ridiculously overblown, ridiculously awesome fighting).

Anyway, the whole thing was great, save for the matrix references (maybe just a little insanely overdone, you know?). I was laughing my ass off throughout, and I found all the "omg lesbian" stuff really funny too. I'm pretty sure this stuff was meant to be campy, so stop worrying about what people will think about you if you enjoy it and just enjoy for christ's sake.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I must say, I enjoyed that. Thanks for the link.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lesbians? Sold!

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    He says in the rant that his "selling out" was more of how he used two such well-known characters like MC and Samus in order to get more people to watch it and see what he can do, rather than creating something original that wouldn't have the advantage of appealing to the Halo and Metroid fanbases. I figure the ending was something similar, b/c who doesn't like lesbians?

I enjoyed watching it quite a bit. A few of the direct Matrix refs made me cringe a little, but most of the fighting was original enough for me to enjoy it immensely.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ZhouZhou Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Looks like this guy started making this when the Matrix was all new and "cool".

I though it was stupid.

Zhou on
  • Options
    SynapseSynapse Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really enjoyed Samus whipping the Chief around against various buildings with her grappling beam.

Synapse on
    brawl code: 1719-2854-9722
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I liked how 450 had the marathon logo on her chest. Which was also the logo of the spaceship MC was in at the start. You know.

It was fun. I like Halo. I like Metroid. I like Lesbians. And I occasionally enjoy ridiculously overblown fight sequences. So the experience was positive overall.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It was kinda fun until the end of the opening sequence when super ninja master chief arrived, after that it didnt feel anything like either game any more.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I thought it was cool. I like seeing fan generated content.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkHawke wrote: »
    It was fun. I like Halo. I like Metroid. I like Lesbians. And I always enjoy ridiculously overblown fight sequences. So the experience was just about the best thing ever.

This is how I feel.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can't quite get all the "This is nerdy, with over the top fighting and fanservice! Therefor it sucks!". It is supposed to be! The fighting was over the top, but enjoyably so if that is your thing, and the lesbian innuendo was hot, if that is your thing.

If it's not, then this movie is not FOR you.

Vic on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah. People like Zhou are just fucking retarded.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh man. That was awesome. Pure campy Matrix-inspired awesome.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Haven't read the thread: what the fuck was that in the middle...Rifle Kata?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    It has its rough spots, but think about the time put into this. Given that time I bet you the haters in this thread couldn't even DRAW Samus fighting MC.

Samus was way too shiney, and it was more than a little boring after a while.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Unshittified the topic.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.