As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Automata Kickstarter

• thurulethurule Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Degraine wrote: »
    Well, just looking over the known letters I noticed that F, L, M, N and S all have the same basic appearance. And they all start with an 'eh' sound when you pronounce them individually. P and T should be related, by that logic, but K's got a similar structure too...

I'm going to guess that B and D are variations on G. J is K with the lowest dot omitted. That leaves C, H, Q, V, X, Y and Z, but I've got no idea on those.

I like the way you think. I've made some guesses (starred) with all of this in mind. Hard starting sounds are similar and soft starting sounds are similar. B and D both hard G and V both soft.

i4j1q9i4bdvz.png

thurule on
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    thurule wrote: »
    I did the same thing today. Here you go.
    cksvev4lx56n.png

I told you to post your image in the official thread last night @Ayefkay, BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I dont do it for the fame mang

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    HE DOES IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE CTOCK!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not bad, thurule. I like how you extrapolated the numbers!

It's a shame that logic doesn't appear to apply to the letters, by rights V should be W without the lowest dot, but that's N. I don't know what R would be the equivalent of.

HE DOES IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE CTOCK!

for the REDACTED

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    I hear you love to ███████ after a hard day down on the ████!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Paging @Kiko (and also @PA Jamie in case that isn't the right Kiko). How close are the guesses? I need to know because my brain is broken.

• callmegarcallmegar Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Jon Molnar deciphered a bit more from a stretch goal on the kickstarter (TO BE ANNOUNCED), check it out on:
    http://www.cogspace.com/clickwise/
    dvqkj23p54sx.jpg

callmegar on
    00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
    Weird. I have no idea what the pattern is then, C and D are mirrors of each other, (I would have made that D and G, myself) so maybe the same will hold true for J and K. V and Z as variations on T?

Yeh, i still cant figure the pattern, but atleast we can pretty much confirm the pin says 'regal swangee'

8fuuo_RK.png
    That or Fecal Squeegee.

• LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    sorry if I missed it but has anyone figured out what 2YsME8i.jpg?1 says

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    sorry if I missed it but has anyone figured out what THAT says

I think that's just regular Clickwise, not Clocktalk. That first section would be 4 vowels, a consonant/number/symbol, a vowel, consonant/number/symbol, vowel. The last section would be 5 vowels, consonant/number/symbol, 7 vowels, the same consonant/number/symbol twice.

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @PedroAsani I'll have to bug Kikerz about it this week. I'm not fluent in Clocktalk ;)

edited July 2015
    callmegar wrote: »
    Jon Molnar deciphered a bit more from a stretch goal on the kickstarter (TO BE ANNOUNCED), check it out on:
    http://www.cogspace.com/clickwise/

Nice, thanks! Looks like he borrowed my image to do it, but that's ok. ;) Here's an updated one. Let me know if any more turns up!

<updated below with J!>

thurule on
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Jerry posted this on Friday, I'm actually surprised it hasn't shown up here yet:
    i-GqRDRQ4.png

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    it has, a few times

:/

8fuuo_RK.png
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    I dont do it for the fame mang

FWIW, I think yours looked a lot nicer than mine from a design aspect. Mine's just thrown together blocks. :)

haha, i just put the grey background to not make my eyes hurt as much! i think our combined efforts did a solid attempt at figuring out what the pin says. Safe to say it definitely says "REGAL SWANGEE"

Sadly, i dont feel any closer to deciphering the clickwise pattern, just a bunch of dots and lines to me :P

8fuuo_RK.png
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    it has, a few times

:/
    Ohhhhhhhh... the host you used for your image @Ayefkay is apparently blocked by my work, so I never saw it (just checked on my phone and it showed up fine there).

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    That's what @Ayefkay gets for hosting all his images on bigdickhorses.com.

haha, i just put the grey background to not make my eyes hurt as much! i think our combined efforts did a solid attempt at figuring out what the pin says. Safe to say it definitely says "REGAL SWANGEE"

Sadly, i dont feel any closer to deciphering the clickwise pattern, just a bunch of dots and lines to me :P

Yeah totally. Problem with clickwise is that if it's /actually/ another language it'll be a lot tougher. I'm not going there. :)

edited July 2015
    Now with more J! Also, now that Jerry is using/referencing it, I want my cred! ;)

fp4b18d1jzg6.png

I kid, I kid!

thurule on
    Oh good. Now I can spell my name too.

i am only posting to show my name as clickwise in my sig........

8fuuo_RK.png
    Sigs can only be 80 pixels high REKT'EM!

Nice design though. Reported to zerzhul.

Gonna make mine with random clocktalk BECAUSE WHO WOULD BOTHER TO CHECK!?

Gonna make mine with random clocktalk BECAUSE WHO WOULD BOTHER TO CHECK!?

Someone like me. ;)

thurule wrote: »
    Now with more J! Also, now that Jerry is using/referencing it, I want my cred! ;)

fp4b18d1jzg6.png

I kid, I kid!

Where do you got the 'J' from?

00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2015
    I love the clocktalk in the signatures, but since ffmh was /so nice/ as to bring it up, 80px high is the limit for sigs in total, not just the images.

@callmegar yours is currently 122px high and @Ayefkay yours is 134px

Easiest way to check is to right click on it in a modern browser and "inspect element" Select the <div class="Signature UserSignature"> and that should tell you how tall it is.

And since you brought it up @fishfishmonkeyhat yours is 93px but I didn't notice till I looked ;) It's not usually a big deal unless it's very obviously too big or obstructive, but since attention was brought, I figured I'd clear up the regs. An example of text plus images making 80px tall is mine, which is precisely 80px, and a good example of an image that is the full allowable size with no text is the following:
    cFhq9lX.jpg

<3

someone should make a clocktalk sig that I can start using to replace huge sigs that says "this is a regulation signature" and is precisely 500x80 like that geth image ;)

zerzhul on
    The signature nazi. Hope new sig is under regs.

00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
    Hoisted?

BY MY OWN PETARD?!

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

someone should make a clocktalk sig that I can start using to replace huge sigs that says "this is a regulation signature" and is precisely 500x80 like that geth image ;)

6D71qzu.jpg

IhtGIyi.png
    I hope he doesn't translate it before he starts using it..

>_>

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    In case you haven't backed it yet and don't get the updates.

You can now add the hoodie to any pledge level, just add an extra $70 ($75 non-usa) on to your pledge and they'll ask in a survey at the end if you wanted a hoodie for the extra pledge.

Full details on the KS page.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm disappointed. After pledging for the pin level - we get a new pin, rather than a rare existing one (such as DLC). With over 1300 of them being made - it's hardly rare. So I'm questioning whether I should stick with it - or move along. The Camp Weedonwantcha KS also offered a pin, and they had approximately 500 pledge for that one (and at a much lower buy-in), making that both rarer and more affordable.

I'm not saying that I don't want the KS to succeed - I do. But with the falling Australian dollar, the higher pin print-run, and the higher initial buy-in, paying more for a less rare pin isn't as appealing. Obviously the solution isn't to drop the price of that tier, but perhaps add more to it. Just as a thought - a double secret box would be cost effective and probably help them get over the line.

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    I think I'm disappointed. After pledging for the pin level - we get a new pin, rather than a rare existing one (such as DLC). With over 1300 of them being made - it's hardly rare. So I'm questioning whether I should stick with it - or move along. The Camp Weedonwantcha KS also offered a pin, and they had approximately 500 pledge for that one (and at a much lower buy-in), making that both rarer and more affordable.

I'm not saying that I don't want the KS to succeed - I do. But with the falling Australian dollar, the higher pin print-run, and the higher initial buy-in, paying more for a less rare pin isn't as appealing. Obviously the solution isn't to drop the price of that tier, but perhaps add more to it. Just as a thought - a double secret box would be cost effective and probably help them get over the line.

I would argue that the pin would be rarer for the simple fact that it's more expensive. If you drop $150 on a pin, are you going to be casually giving it away? I would imagine the majority of these pins are going into a collection and not into circulation, unlike the standard pin.

Not only that, but they will still be somewhat more rare than the usual "limited pin" drop of ~2000.

In the end though, you're getting a cool reward for supporting a cool thing. I wouldn't think of the pin in monetary value, but as a thanks gift for helping make a project happen. :)

That's pretty awesome. Should we break his bubble and tell him it's clocktalk and not clickwise? ;)