As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp][Specter Ops]: Game Over - Agent Captured

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'll put up a new board when I get home in a bit

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Turn 5

Board:
    1912lbvdyh36.png
    The Beast is at O8
    The Gun is at G10
    The Prophet is at D5
    The car is at F8, and is empty
    The Blue Jay is spotted at C5

The Agent may move, @Preda

Steam
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I activate an equipment and, pending @Zombie Hero clarification, I'm last spotted in D7.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Update: The last seen token is at C8.

The Hunters may move.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero No pre-cog trigger?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    @Zombie Hero No pre-cog trigger?

Not this turn.

Steam
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So... probably adrenal equipment, so agent is probably at A11. I can set up for quickdraw quite easily. Disc, think you need to bring the car around? Can't catch up on foot, especially if we abandon car now and he equips again.

EDIT: Or if you chase, then beast needs to pick car up. I'd love sight to B10, so he doesn't double back.

Gun moves to E13.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    I suppose it's unlikely anyway. Agent is likely in A C or D 11 after an adrenal surge. The prophet can't move fast enough to cut the agent off.. Gun can however. I'd suggest E13.

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »
    So... probably adrenal equipment, so agent is probably at A11. I can set up for quickdraw quite easily. Disc, think you need to bring the car around? Can't catch up on foot, especially if we abandon car now and he equips again.

EDIT: Or if you chase, then beast needs to pick car up. I'd love sight to B10, so he doesn't double back.

Gun moves to E13.

The Gun sees nothing.

Steam
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hunters may use the car. Entering and Exiting the Car ends the each hunter’s turn
    daww

Egos on
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    Hunters may use the car. Entering and Exiting the Car ends the each hunter’s turn
    daww

Actually, this is imprecise. It does end their movement. I'll update the OP

Steam
  • Options
    daww

wait isn't that what is says?

• Options
    daww

wait isn't that what is says?

Well, sometimes the distinction between movement and turn makes a difference. For instance, if you were to drive to a spot, and then get out, and then see the agent, you could then fire, because only your movement ends.

(note that earlier when discrider spotted the agent, but was inside the car, his movement had already ended, so he couldnt then get out and shoot).

Alternatively, getting in the car still gives you an action, such as using the motion senser (provided the car has not moved).

Steam
  • Options

Am I being obtuse and I can reach the car this turn? the closest I can get is J8 , no?

• Options
    The Prophet gets in the car

• Options
    The Prophet gets in the car

The prophet does not see the agent

Steam
  • Options

Am I being obtuse and I can reach the car this turn? the closest I can get is J8 , no?

Too far. You got 5 moves though, you can cover the distance carless :)

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Bleh. Words at 6 in the morning.

It would be a super-ballsy move for the agent to be at C11 or D11, considering that's asking to get shot twice by the Gun (one for spotted, one for quickdraw on next turn). A11 is far more likely - only a 1/2 chance of being shot on quickdraw if he keeps going south and Prophet/beast out of position.

@Egos No, you couldn't get there in 1 turn. I was thinking maybe it was worthwhile for the Prophet to chase, and maybe have me and him corner the agent, but no. You running across map, while the Prophet drives is probably the better option.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Zombie Hero On that subject, actually... how does that work? I mean the Gun's powers. Let's say the Agent was at C11 and Gun moved to E11. Gun sees agent and rolls 2 dice to shoot, because... agent spotted normal rules.

Agent's next turn, he moves to say B14. The Agent doesn't cross paths with any other hunter's sight line. So... does the 'Last seen' marker get placed on C11, and the Gun gets a quickdraw attack?

Similarly, let's say Gun is at E11, Prophet at E13. Agent moves from C10 to B14, crossing both hunters' sight lines. The 'last seen' marker would go on B13 or C13 - out of LoS of the Gun. Does the Gun therefore NOT get a quickdraw attack? Or does he get a quickdraw attack, because he spotted the agent during the turn, and we're simply counting distance to the marker, regardless of obstacles?

Rulings on these might help Preda decide his next turn. Because it seems like going near the Gun in close quarters is suicidal.

Edit: Nevermind. FAQ knows everything. Like the fact that the Beast can do 2 damage if it lands on a hunter. Eeek.

plaidhatgames.com/images/games/specter-ops-shadow-of-babel/SpecterOPSFAQv2.pdf

Kaneski on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Zombie Hero On that subject, actually... how does that work? I mean the Gun's powers. Let's say the Agent was at C11 and Gun moved to E11. Gun sees agent and rolls 2 dice to shoot, because... agent spotted normal rules.

Agent's next turn, he moves to say B14. The Agent doesn't cross paths with any other hunter's sight line. So... does the 'Last seen' marker get placed on C11, and the Gun gets a quickdraw attack?

Not in this case, because the agent didn't enter a square that Gun has LOS, only left one.
    Similarly, let's say Gun is at E11, Prophet at E13. Agent moves from C10 to B14, crossing both hunters' sight lines. The 'last seen' marker would go on B13 or C13 - out of LoS of the Gun. Does the Gun therefore NOT get a quickdraw attack? Or does he get a quickdraw attack, because he spotted the agent during the turn, and we're simply counting distance to the marker, regardless of obstacles?

The hunter would get a quickdraw attack as the agent passes through B11. In this case we will put the last seen on C13, but then inform the gun that the she can make an attack on distance 2. (distance is calculated from gun to last seen token, which is 2 in this case.)

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    Move to L13

if horrid idea, let me know.

• Options
    Move to L13

if horrid idea, let me know.

You can get to K13

• Options
    edited September 2015
    ah you're right...move to K13
    instead

Egos on
  • Options
    Turn 6

Board:
    ozzqepw3towt.png
    The Beast is at K13
    The Gun is at E13
    The prophet is inside the car at F8
    The Last Seen token is at C8

The Agent may move, @Preda

Steam
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm last seen at B13. No equipment tapped.
    Gun can quick draw on me.

Preda on
  • Options
    The Gun gets to roll one die for Quick Draw, at a distance 3.

Steam
  • Options
    Edit: Nevermind. FAQ knows everything. Like the fact that the Beast can do 2 damage if it lands on a hunter. Eeek.

plaidhatgames.com/images/games/specter-ops-shadow-of-babel/SpecterOPSFAQv2.pdf
    SO FAQ wrote:
    Q. Can a hunter enter the vehicle and use the motion sensor in the same turn?
    A. No, the hunter must start their turn in the vehicle to use the motion sensor

ok, this is news. This situation hasn't come up yet so we didnt do anything wrong. So keep this in mind for future reference.

Steam
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for FASTEST GUN IN FUTURE WEST

FASTEST GUN IN FUTURE WEST:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Humm. I think I may have shot a hologram. There's no reason, other than mistake, for the agent to step into B13. A13 is fine to access B14 - with less odds of being shot. And if the Agent was at A11, getting to column C is easier through B10. Bluejay's holo is not revealed, nor an announcement is made that it's been used. And I still refuse to believe that the agent went to C11 or D11 last turn.

So... yeah. On top of it all - using the holo prevents any other spottings/last seen marker placements. Need to mull it over a bit more before deciding how to move. For the moment, I think the Agent is most likely to be at D11.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    I can sniff out on H11 if you want

• Options

Humm. I think I may have shot a hologram. There's no reason, other than mistake, for the agent to step into B13. A13 is fine to access B14 - with less odds of being shot. And if the Agent was at A11, getting to column C is easier through B10. Bluejay's holo is not revealed, nor an announcement is made that it's been used. And I still refuse to believe that the agent went to C11 or D11 last turn.

So... yeah. On top of it all - using the holo prevents any other spottings/last seen marker placements. Need to mull it over a bit more before deciding how to move. For the moment, I think the Agent is most likely to be at D11.

This is incorrect. The Hologram must be tapped and we are informed but we are not told what card was used.

• Options
    The only thing that makes sense is Agent at C or D and moving through B13 to the road. You should move to B15.

• Options
    edited September 2015

This is incorrect. The Hologram must be tapped and we are informed but we are not told what card was used.

Really? Huh... That makes it... bleh.

Alright then.

Gun moves to B16.

Edit: Meant 16. Keys are right next to each other.

@Zombie Hero

Kaneski on
  • Options

Alright then.

Gun moves to B15.

@Zombie Hero

Actually, looking at the rules I don't understand where it says that cards are declared as tapped, adrenal surge, holodecoy or stealth field alike...

• Options

Alright then.

Gun moves to B15.

@Zombie Hero

Actually, looking at the rules I don't understand where it says that cards are declared as tapped, adrenal surge, holodecoy or stealth field alike...

Yeah... now that you mention it... Maybe we weren't supposed to know surge was used either?

• Options

Alright then.

Gun moves to B16.

@Zombie Hero

You're probably right actually. The tapping is on the card text itself, so the Holodecoy doesn't need to be tapped.
    I was assuming it needed to be so that the agent doesn't cheat.
    In which case, I think you're right about the decoy.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Alright then.

Gun moves to B16.

@Zombie Hero

You're probably right actually. The tapping is on the card text itself, so the Holodecoy doesn't need to be tapped.
    I was assuming it needed to be so that the agent doesn't cheat.
    In which case, I think you're right about the decoy.

No biggie, though. B16 is a decent spot for the Gun, and if the agent is sticking around that area, his objective is almost certainly 1-6, since we'd pre-cog if it was 1-5..

Kaneski on
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Alright then.

Gun moves to B16.

@Zombie Hero

The Gun sees nothing

Clarification: Holo Decoy is unique in that it is not announced when it is used, nor that the agent is using a card at all. Surge and Stealth Field you have to announce that they get tapped, but not precisely what card was played.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Damn. Ok, he's almost certainly at D11, and probably trying for 1-6 objective.

Ok, here's the thing. I'm at least 2 vertical turns ahead of him. So short of using up a lot more equipment, he can't really bum-rush me without risking snipe and quickdraw combos. Like... if he's not going for the 1-6, well then - no big deal on losing him right now - he's still a few moves away from objectives, and he has to get past quickdraw. If he IS going for 1-6, then the prophet should disembark to E9 and beast to F12. It blocks movement, so it forces him down 1 path if he wants 1-6. That's an all-in play though.

We can hedge by getting the beast to G12 for the view, and the car to N11 for the redeployment or possible motion sensor use if pre-cog triggers.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    The Prophet activates the motion sensor and then gets out at E8

Frankly, getting out and being able to shoot seems better than driving around when we're fairly sure he's still in this block.
    And I can motion sensor and leave the vehicle where it is, so why not.