As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp][Specter Ops]: Game Over - Agent Captured

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Move to E15 unless there are objections?
    sorry missed that the C11 prophet move was recent, for some reason thought you were referring to a past move.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Move to E15 unless there are objections?
    sorry missed that the C11 prophet move was recent, for some reason thought you were referring to a past move.

Okay, I gave enough time for possible objections.

Anyways, the beast lands right on top of the blue jay!

You may roll an attack, and you may make a roll for brutal strength.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Attack of the Beast-Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYvS9rV__k

Attack of the Beast-Man:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Brutal Strength
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr60kvuKw3w

Brutal Strength:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ouch.

• Options
    Successful attack and Brutal strength roll.

Turn 8

Board:
    jhf4cz9b7wtj.png
    The Prophet is at C11
    The gun is at D18
    The Beast is at E15
    The Blue Jay is at E15
    The empty car is at F8

NOTE: There is a smoke bomb centered at D14 that lasts until the end of the Agent's movement this turn.

The Agent may move, @Preda

Steam
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Hooooly... what a call @discrider / @Egos

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    A flash bang explodes in D17 blinding the Gun.

I'll claim an objective next round.

Hunters can go.

• Options
    @Zombie Hero @Preda What's the beast's current vision in the Smoke cloud? Can he see anything?

• Options
    As just as my turn ends the smoke dissipate. He sees clarely now. But he sees noone.

• Options
    The prophet enters the car
    I doubt he's going for 6 if he flashbanged the Gun. Best for me to just bring the car around.

• Options
    If he wasn't going for 6, though, he'd never end up at D11 2 turns ago. He could've just gotten past me from A11 with 1 equipment use and MAYBE 1 wound, with you and beast out of position to do anything... The fact that he tried to get to 1-6 is what got him into the Beast's jaws, so I reckon he's still trying.

Damn... I think if you moved to G13, we'd have him. Or maybe leave 1 spot, covered by quickdraw, for him to be. 13 row, H14, B17, C19, E19 - only spots for him to be to triggers precog Only C19 and E19 justify the flashbang.

Just thinking - any way we can use the beast's nose to narrow down choice between B17, C19 and E19? A sniff from H15 maybe? If the beast smells him from H15, then he's definitely not in C19. I'll either kill him by going to E20, or we'll know he's back around the 1-6 block, which is great. If the beast doesn't smell him - he's at B17 or C19. I'll move to C18 and either win, or pin him with quickdraw, forcing last equipment or back across the road.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Why would he flashbang you if he wasn't going to cross your vision?
    He doesn't need to flashbang you to get to 6, nor does he need to flashbang you to get back through the smoke at D14, so he must have needed to flashbang you to run straight past you to C19 or E19.
    I think you should move to E20, Sniper shot up (for two damage I guess if he's at E19).

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    He doesn't need to flashbang you to get to 6, nor does he need to flashbang you to get back through the smoke at D14, so he must have needed to flashbang you to run straight past you to C19 or E19.

Decoy. Last turn you hedged that the smoke may have been one. Didn't turn out to be, but still - have to have the thought. Even if it's legit flash use - the smell plan solves the problem, much more safely. ;)

• Options
    He could also capture 1 and 2 at B17 without requiring the flashbang, so he's probably at E19.
    I'd suggest flushing that out first and then dropping the beast on him at E19 (or going back to 6 with the beast if he's not there).

• Options
    He has 1 wound left, and I need double-1s to miss at 1 square away.

>_>

Also the fact that I haven't drawn blood this game and would like the killing blow :P

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »

Decoy. Last turn you hedged that the smoke may have been one. Didn't turn out to be, but still - have to have the thought. Even if it's legit flash use - the smell plan solves the problem, much more safely. ;)

He doesn't have the equipment to waste at this point. I don't think a decoy is likely at all.

• Options

He doesn't have the equipment to waste at this point. I don't think a decoy is likely at all.

1 wound, cornered by beast and gun means he can't brute-force either. So tricksy hobbitses is his best chance.

• Options

>_>

Also the fact that I haven't drawn blood this game and would like the killing blow :P

He has 3 wounds left. He starts at 6 in a 4-player game.

• Options
    I mean... I'm not really arguing against you, just that the smell plan achieves murder with all the OH&S requirements :P

• Options

>_>

Shit, does he? I thought that was for a traitor-filled game. Ok, nevermind then - good catch.

Gun moves to E20.

• Options

>_>

Shit, does he? I thought that was for a traitor-filled game. Ok, nevermind then - good catch.

Gun moves to E20.

The Gun does not see the Agent.

Steam
  • Options
    so want me to head back near 6 since he wasn't at e19 or gamble on him being near b17-c19?

• Options
    6 I think

• Options
    @discrider @Kaneski
    preference re: where to go on I2-13 area? sniffing isn't that useful considering im going last...but would tell us if he is in the area and not spotted.

• Options
    I reckon move to G13 and scout out that area around 6, although he could still be standing in F12 or H14.

• Options
    If you go all-in, i13 is most likely spot if he indeed went for 6. H15 and sniff - confirm he's around 6, but be closer to support me if he's at c19 after all.

• Options
    I assume H15>E13 as if he is in the area, much more likelier I'd be closer?

• Options
    There's not much reason to sniff... he'll place a completed objective token next turn, and we get the same sort of information from that...

• Options
    alright let's try
    move to I13 so I as in Ivan - hard to read with a one next to it.

apologies if he is in g13, disc.

• Options
    The Beast Sees nothing.

Turn 9

Board:
    lr598u7z790l.png
    The Beast is at I13.
    The Gun is at E20.
    The Prophet is inside the car at F8.
    The last seen token is at E15

The Agent may move, @Preda

Steam
  • Options
    I claim objective 1(3).

Hunters may move.

• Options
    The Prophet uses the motion sensor
    @Preda are you in the F column, or are you SW?

• Options
    I'm SE.

• Options
    so F18 likely last turn right? flashbanged Gun, completed objective- likely to I19, since neither of us can reach it? or wrong thinking?

• Options
    F17. Gun would see him at f18.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    F17. Gun would see him at f18.

If you were blinded during the agent's turn, wouldn't Quick Draw not function?

sorry if being dense

e: Or if he started there at the beginning of this turn, you would have saw him and shot him? I take it...
    hmm
    qi83o8q5n5uc.jpg

Egos on
    gun.JPG 160.1K
  • Options
    The flash grenade only lasts until the end of agent movement. If he flashed and stopped in f18 - gun would see him immediately from d18, as soon as agent turn was over.

• Options
    The flash grenade only lasts until the end of agent movement. If he flashed and stopped in f18 - gun would see him immediately from d18, as soon as agent turn was over.
    Flash Bang: Reveal this card. Place the flash bang token on the board up to 4 spaces away from your agent's location. All hunters that can see the token lose their vision until the start of their turn. If your agent is visible at the start of their turn, put it on the board.
    k missed that last bit

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Move to J18
    unless strong objections, can go to H18.

Egos on