• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ddog's automarking is super useful

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Holy shit, mission 18 was a clusterfuck of a mission,
    and an incredibly messy extraction full of really intense running gunfight, where I relied on my helicopter to kill just about everyone.

Also, ooft. Miller nearly had me going there for a second. I mean, he seems like the sort of person who would kill a bunch of kids for money, but christ.

Post mission 18 cutscene
    Jesus christ miller what the hell

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    You get super reliant on it though

I got a mission where I couldn't use my buddies and I discovered I had gotten SO LAZY

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

It's making me terrible at situational awareness but I don't care.

He's also really useful for distracting guards. You can sprint straight at them if Ddog is chewing on them and otherwise pestering them. Saves a lot of time.
    I've also used him to chew a dude out of cover whereupon I shot him with my sniper rifle. Worth his weight in gold.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    What do I need to do to actually get Quiet as a Buddy?

I'm assuming you don't care about mild mission related spoilers, so this will contain a few.
    Mission 11. Beat her in it. You do not need to worry about lethal weapon usage, the cutscene where you get to choose for her to live or die is completely unaffected by how you take her out. Choose to keep her alive, naturally.
    Make sure to visit her in MB where she is being kept just like you visit Ddog.
    Then after a while she will become available just like Ddog.
    Huh, OK, I guess I just need to wait more. Thanks!
    It basically took until I got to Africa for her to unlock. Eventually, Ocelot will tell you to come see her in the medical wing. Give you a side op and everything.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Every time someone questions me on Mother Base they get a CQC slam

"hey boss how about developing some new stuff" OKAY WE WILL START BY DEVELOPING YOUR CORE BY SLAMMING IT ON THIS STEEL FLOOR

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Gatsby just asked me a very important question

My money's on dub

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    has anyone made kanye west's "power" their helicopter music?

it is very important to me that someone do this

• Options
    I am about to start mission 13, in this spoiler I am going to talk about story developments thus far including what is in the tapes
    so zero is apparently indisposed, "bedridden" even, and skull face has taken over the whole of cipher

and ocelot is only very loosely aligned with cipher as of now, pretty much just "keeping tabs on each other"

we now have the setup for the completely straightforward revenge story I always wanted, where big boss will kill skull face and then zero will get better and be like "thanks man hey you want to run foxhound" and since he's not the one who blew up mother base big boss won't hate him that much and he'll be like "ok"

and ocelot will be like, hey I helped kill skull face too can I be a patriot for real again and zero will be like ok

also did I hear that skull face was zero's XO? is that right? it would make sense if zero was skull face's XO but I'm pretty sure that's not how I heard it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Boss fight strats for mission 11:
    Pop out of cover, scope target. Mark.
    Pop back into cover. Call supply drop on target.
    Watch half of their stamina drop.
    They run off. Repeat tactic.

Beat a boss for 10,000 gmp and no real risk to my personal safety
    I think the additional trick is you have to act the decoy while the supply drop is coming in otherwise she will teleport away. I just finished the mission that way after trying too hard to do it with the tranq pistol after my first attempt at the supply method failed

End of mission 11 spoilers:
    You know how I know that's not Big Boss? He doesn't yell while firing machine guns

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am about to start mission 13, in this spoiler I am going to talk about story developments thus far including what is in the tapes
    so zero is apparently indisposed, "bedridden" even, and skull face has taken over the whole of cipher

and ocelot is only very loosely aligned with cipher as of now, pretty much just "keeping tabs on each other"

we now have the setup for the completely straightforward revenge story I always wanted, where big boss will kill skull face and then zero will get better and be like "thanks man hey you want to run foxhound" and since he's not the one who blew up mother base big boss won't hate him that much and he'll be like "ok"

and ocelot will be like, hey I helped kill skull face too can I be a patriot for real again and zero will be like ok

also did I hear that skull face was zero's XO? is that right? it would make sense if zero was skull face's XO but I'm pretty sure that's not how I heard it
    They did say it was the other way around, Zero above Skull Face

They make it really hard to understand clearly because in that tape they kinda just stop saying people's names and say "he" a lot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mission 12
    It was actually pretty easy with D Dog at my side. Having him automatically mark dudes from 70 meters away is ridiculously powerful.

Of course, I also lethaled a LOT of dudes. Had bodies found a couple times, but that was okay since I don't care much about rank right now and they always sounded the alert when I was nowhere near the body anymore, so they all congregated away from me.

The only part I had trouble with was getting way from Sahalahadingdong. It was really frustrating, especially since he always seemed to place himself between me and the chopper. And then when I was hiding from him while the chopper was 60 meters away, he BASHED THE ROCK I WAS HIDING BEHIND APART. I was like, "Oh fuck, oh fuck!" and ran between his legs toward the chopper, praying that he wouldn't turn around until it was too late. Which he didn't. Thank God.

No retries. 8-)

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit Kojima.

Post mission 11:
    First off I don't understand how she isn't a S rank at combat she's a way better sniper than the End or Sniper Wolf. Anyways, I went to go check on Quiet in her cell and of course she is lying on her stomach with her top undone kicking her feet up.

At least the music that plays here is pretty good? Also we seem to have invented force field technology so that's cool.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I stopped before getting too deep into Mission 1 but this game is pretty intense

The amount of angles you can take are sort of crazy

I'm not really sure what to think about objectives, though. It's saying I've gotten 1 of 6, but I don't see what the other 5 are supposed to be?

Also annoying: how enemy alertness will spread between bases on the map.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    when you got spotted with quiet as your buddy she takes it upon herself to kill/tranq everyone

like the fastest way to clear out a base is to set her up at a good vantage point then run in and get caught and dive for cover

• Options
    I stopped before getting too deep into Mission 1 but this game is pretty intense

I'm not really sure what to think about objectives, though. It's saying I've gotten 1 of 6, but I don't see what the other 5 are supposed to be?

The objectives are secret for the first playthrough

When you go to the menu that lets you replay them, you'll see what all of them are

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

When you go to the menu that lets you replay them, you'll see what all of them are

Alternatively, you can get info on a lot of them by interrogating guards

But you don't have an interpreter in that first mission so o guess nevermind

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

You can destroy their communications in two ways, both of which will prevent them from contacting HQ and spreading alertness.

Either destroy their radio equipment or blow up each individual dish, there's 3 per base. Once you've done that anything you do to that group of dudes is your eyes only. Be nice.
    Outposts are tied to the nearest major base with communications equipment I think?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I suppose that makes sense!

Not sure what to think about how heavily reliant you are on tagging enemies. It's really easy to miss them when scouting and potentially fuck yourself over.

Not all that different from Far Cry 4, I suppose, but there a single enemy seeing something out of the ordinary doesn't turn the entire map over into an advanced level of alert either.

I like though that enemies will stay unconscious for a very long time. Makes taking an outpost purely kill-free seem much more possible.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Does an outpost get un-captured if the guys you tranq wake up again?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I love it, personally. Love that getting up high gives a real tactical advantage. Love that preparation is so important.
    It isn't necessary though, you can sneak through a whole base without marking anyone with the binos.
    Plus you get a buddy eventually that will automark anyone nearby, so keep using that buddy if it bothers you.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    As you progress you get some stuff that makes marking way easier

You can also interrogate guards about where their comrades are, which will auto-mark them in your map of they cooperate

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    when you got spotted with quiet as your buddy she takes it upon herself to kill/tranq everyone

like the fastest way to clear out a base is to set her up at a good vantage point then run in and get caught and dive for cover

you get the ability to do this at will and tell her to knock it off with higher social link level

• Options
    I wonder if this ridiculously advanced 1984 tech is going to be addressed in the actual plot or if it's just completely handwaved because really who even cares did you see what happened in the Prologue?

• Options
    I wonder if this ridiculously advanced 1984 tech is going to be addressed in the actual plot or if it's just completely handwaved because really who even cares did you see what happened in the Prologue?
    They had an AI and functional nuclear mech in 1974

Metal Gear is Sci fi

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They had an AI and functional nuclear mech in 1974

Metal Gear is Sci fi

Yes

This is a fact i'm very well aware of, but thank you

It's still pretty damn weird to have floating holographic technology in nineteen eighty four

I don't really care either, but it's still pretty odd.

• Options
    the patriots kept technology levels in check to better suit their purposes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I don't see how that is any weirder than having a functional AI based on a dead person's brainwaves a decade prior

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

This last bit actually bothers me more than the crazy tech

Because god dammit Ocelot you obviously speak Russian

• Options

He says that being able to actively interpret and translate over a radio is an entirely different skill set and it's one he doesn't have, he can speak Russian but he isn't a trained interpreter

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I looked up how to increase your bond with buddies and the tips for increasing your bond with quiet are pretty good
    Since Quiet is a human, bonding with her is more complex than it is with D-Horse and D-Dog. However, the rewards are also much bigger.

The very first thing you can do to increase your Bond with Quiet is to use a non-lethal weapon to defeat her during Mission 11. After this, visiting quiet in her cell once per stay also increases the bond.

Once she is available for deployment alongside you, using her abilities and retrieving supply drops ordered by her will also increase your bond.

Later on, staring at Quiet in first-person view for at least five seconds in the Aerial Command Center (once per visit) will also greatly increase the bond.

This is especially true if you stare at her breasts for at least 10 seconds, which will trigger her to come close to you. Staying inside the ACC for at least 5 minutes with her will trigger her to crouch into a cat position.

As Quiet’s bond with you increases, her poses in the cell or ACC will change greatly. After 75% bonding, you can use the well-advertised grenade-ricochet ability where Quiet will shoot a grenade you toss to send it flying towards enemies or gunships.

In addition to this, Quiet’s Equipment is also more complex and better upgraded every after every 10% increase in bond (starting from 20% Bond).

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

He says that being able to actively interpret and translate over a radio is an entirely different skill set and it's one he doesn't have, he can speak Russian but he isn't a trained interpreter

You don't really need a trained interpreter to be told by someone what that guy just screamed into the radio

I can 100% buy not being able to do an active conversation

But I just want to know what these people are saying on the radio, Ocelot

• Options
    I looked up how to increase your bond with buddies and the tips for increasing your bond with quiet are pretty good
    Since Quiet is a human, bonding with her is more complex than it is with D-Horse and D-Dog. However, the rewards are also much bigger.

The very first thing you can do to increase your Bond with Quiet is to use a non-lethal weapon to defeat her during Mission 11. After this, visiting quiet in her cell once per stay also increases the bond.

Once she is available for deployment alongside you, using her abilities and retrieving supply drops ordered by her will also increase your bond.

Later on, staring at Quiet in first-person view for at least five seconds in the Aerial Command Center (once per visit) will also greatly increase the bond.

This is especially true if you stare at her breasts for at least 10 seconds, which will trigger her to come close to you. Staying inside the ACC for at least 5 minutes with her will trigger her to crouch into a cat position.

As Quiet’s bond with you increases, her poses in the cell or ACC will change greatly. After 75% bonding, you can use the well-advertised grenade-ricochet ability where Quiet will shoot a grenade you toss to send it flying towards enemies or gunships.

In addition to this, Quiet’s Equipment is also more complex and better upgraded every after every 10% increase in bond (starting from 20% Bond).
    I was happy about this until I got to about halfway through and then I was not happy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I dunno, have you ever seen him speak Russian? Maybe he's been lying this entire time and is still covering for it rather than letting Big Boss know.

• Options
    maybe ocelot can't teach big boss basic russian phrases because the brain damage is impeding his ability to learn language

I think the brain damage language thing is a little undercooked though since snake still speaks flawless english and never seems to struggle to get words out the right way

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    however, I love the discoloration effect after being seriously injured

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever get tired of the flight back to Mother Base
    This last time I came in at night but there was still kind of a glow on the horizon and all the lights were on and gosh it just looked so cool

Also I took a ride out from command to one of the other platforms and the chopper actually goes below the strut at one point and kicks up spray from the sea and I thought it was just the best damn thing

I recommend taking the drive between platforms and spinning the camera around so it's parallel with the car from the side, looking at the ocean

it's p. cool

I did this and nearly flipped my jeep over the guardrail.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I threw a guy into the ocean and got a game over and ocelot told me "maybe you're not the big boss we hoped for..."

are oceans considered lethal now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Help

How do I get Quiet some clothes?

Or is that not an option???

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.