As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    note to all potentially interested parties: one thing they did in this patch was refund splinters people had previously spent on redundant stash tabs; if you accidentally bought a second tab for splinters and couldn't use it, those have been refunded.

also, amusingly, they evidently forgot they gave everybody 2x stash tab 16 for christmas last year and if you still had the spare stash item kicking around (two thumbs pointed at this guy), you got 600 splinters for each of those too.

so if that applies to you, you're potentially sitting on quite a little windfall

god
    damn
    it
    I got rid of mine after seeing that it didn't do anything.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Huh, nice! I just kept the 2 STASH 16s around for the laughs. Even after logging in after the servers came back up I'm now up 1200 ES and don't have to grind out for Bolt or Fury.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there's an appropriate amount of forumgoers salty about it, because evidently at some point now lost to memory asros said that the stash 16s would never be exchangeable for anything

so the hoarders and the 'devs are liars' crowd have their rallying cry forever, I suppose

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Costume Wars 2017 voting is on now until April 10: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/317674/costume-wars-2017-voting-ends-4-10

Vote on as many costumes from that list of popular user suggestions as you like, the devs will start working on costume(s) that people show a lot of interest in.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    So I had 1200 es in splinter boxes sitting in my inventory today when I logged in, I'm not sure why but I'll gladly take it!

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Thanks to the gracious Asros The Marvel's Iron Fist Celebration and St. Patrick's Day Festivities has been extended until Wednesday(3/29)@ 11:59AM PST along with Odin's Bounty is active throughout ALL valid zones! Please to enjoy.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Nick Fury and Medusa out today along with a pile of visual updates, big changes to Luke Cage and Kitty, and the rework of the Infinity system.

Also the SHIELD event is back. Notes here.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    it almost feels like infinity points are worth spending again... im still really clueless how the gameplay mechanics are currently (and thats with the 24k levels ive gotten in this game) and its hard to try to get back into the game when it still isnt fully updated? changed? modded?

Either way I am pretty gobsmacked at the level of detail graphically that has been added. (compared to launch anyways). although the captain marvel chase costume still looks like butts :(

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Marvel Heroes Omega announced for PS4
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/05/marvel-heroes-omega-coming-to-ps4-this-spring/

Hopefully we can transfer progress over, I'd definitely play more on my tv.

Q&A
    https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

No transfers.
    No crossplay between pc and ps4.
    38 characters at launch. Iron Man and War Machine are exclusive to founder packs for 6 months.
    Closed beta, then open beta, then early access period before launch.
    PS+ Members get extra benefits like a free Daredevil costume, discounts on Gs, and early access to heroes.

Kanden on
  • Options
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Marvel Heroes Omega announced for PS4
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/05/marvel-heroes-omega-coming-to-ps4-this-spring/

Hopefully we can transfer progress over, I'd definitely play more on my tv.

Q&A
    https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

No transfers.
    No crossplay between pc and ps4.
    38 characters at launch. Iron Man and War Machine are exclusive to founder packs for 6 months.
    Closed beta, then open beta, then early access period before launch.
    PS+ Members get extra benefits like a free Daredevil costume, discounts on Gs, and early access to heroes.

That sounds awful. Guess I won't be trying that?

Haha. No, I probably will. I have no self control.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, MH Omega is coming to Xbox One later too

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    All of that whining about 'dumbing down the game for consoles' is starting to look a little justified.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Got Fury. Got him to 60 (using story mode) by the time I got to beat Tombstone.

I have to find all the items that summon SHIELD agents, but between him and Coulson I've got a nice little group that follows me around (as long as there's baddies to keep their interest, anyway).

• Options
    I'll probably check it out on Xbone.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Got Fury. Got him to 60 (using story mode) by the time I got to beat Tombstone.

I have to find all the items that summon SHIELD agents, but between him and Coulson I've got a nice little group that follows me around (as long as there's baddies to keep their interest, anyway).

I didnt make it very far with fury he felt like all the worst parts of the punisher doubled up on the worst parts of black widow.

(so got him to 34 or so).

Also i think the gameplay trailer for the omega release is not representative of actual gameplay

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    New patch, and with it, the Wealth of King's County event returns. Well, starting Thursday, and continuing through next week's Wednesday.

Also the Dimensions Collide Terminal is now available at any time, not just during the Dark Dimension event. Some Danger Room progression changes. And some Hero and Miscellaneous changes and such.

The biggest of the last bit, to me, is that Medkits now heal 20% of your Max Health instantly, and then another 4% per second for 5 seconds, totaling 40% health overall. This should make Medkits feel even more instantly reactive, especially with the Catalyst affix that gives spirit and additional healing when using a Medkit.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    MH Omega is going to include local co-op,

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Bought the Spidey pack to get in, the pricing is kinda weird, Spidey, Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon, and Wolverine are the most expensive heroes at 600 splinters or $13.50, Angela and Squirrel Girl are the only 200 splinter $4.50 heroes, everyone else is 400/$9. No more stash tabs, just increasing overall stash space at 50 spaces for $10, you can increase your player inventory by 5 spaces for $2 a pop. As far as I can find there isn't even an eternity splinter vendor anymore, it's all done through the store page. You still get a 400 splinter set at the start. No random hero for 175 anymore

Also there's like no costumes. Iron Man has 2, Spidey has 2 with 1 locked behind purchasing everything available right now, most only have 1. Starlord is especially strange because his default costume has changed to one that looks more like the comics, and his only purchasable costume is the movie one.

Kanden on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I've been watching DegenTP play the PS4 beta and it looks way worse than the PC version.
    only like 30 characters right now, ALL Fantastic Four stuff has been removed (none of them will be playable, they've even done stuff like replacing Mr. Fantastic's name in item flavor text with other scientists), a much smaller inventory you have to buy Gs to increase, super expensive STASH, no team-ups, no raids, it's just rough all around. The new hero roster and costume closet look good though.

The limited roster is also hurt by two characters being purchase only: War Machine is a timed-exclusive for PS+ members only, and Iron Fist is locked (again, timed exclusive) behind buying all the Founder's Packs, which costs about $200.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Buying all the founders packs doesn't even get you all of the heroes.

• Options
    Gaz obviously still hasn't lerned2price things.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I've been watching DegenTP play the PS4 beta and it looks way worse than the PC version.
    only like 30 characters right now, ALL Fantastic Four stuff has been removed (none of them will be playable, they've even done stuff like replacing Mr. Fantastic's name in item flavor text with other scientists), a much smaller inventory you have to buy Gs to increase, super expensive STASH, no team-ups, no raids, it's just rough all around. The new hero roster and costume closet look good though.

The limited roster is also hurt by two characters being purchase only: War Machine is a timed-exclusive for PS+ members only, and Iron Fist is locked (again, timed exclusive) behind buying all the Founder's Packs, which costs about $200.

So what you're saying is, this is the best version of Marvel heroes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Played some more on PS4 last night, and it feels like there's a lot of stuttering while playing. The weird part is that the frame hitches aren't at regular or predictable times (sometimes it's while fighting and other times I'll just be walking around an empty area). I wonder how much of game's roughness falls under the "Closed Beta" umbrella and are likely to be addressed when the game launches.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Popped back in last night after a long time off. Had heard mixed-to-negative things about that most recent overhaul. Leveling sure as hell sped up though, and it's much less overwhelming to pick up a new hero and get a feel since you're not spending points on the abilities anymore. Angela feels fun up to level 50.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Played the PS4 beta last night and I certainly am going to be playing a lot of this.

I think i mashed buttons through some of the more important tutorial screens - will this game let me pick one hero to uncap for free like the PC version?

And what carries over from the beta? The characters we unlock but all progress is reset, right?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    All progress and Gs get reset, if you buy a pack with money you keep that. Pretty sure eternity splinter purchases will be reset too.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure your Gs will come back, you'll just need to spend them again.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I have NO idea why I've been playing the ps4 beta all weekend. I leveled Star Lord up to 39. The game runs like pure ass. Yet I kept playing. I haven't even played the PC version in like 8 months.
    What am I doing to myself?

I do like kicking back and playing on the big screen, but (so far) this is not a fantastic port like Diablo 3 was to consoles. This is worse in every possible way. Constant stuttering, effects vanish half the time, sounds don't play a lot of times, selling is a nightmare (slow because of interface and slow due to stuttering), etc.

And I should have looked up if we keep our stuff because any desire to play more just died when I saw we don't keep our progress. *cuts self*
    I'm sure it's for the best.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I have NO idea why I've been playing the ps4 beta all weekend. I leveled Star Lord up to 39. The game runs like pure ass. Yet I kept playing. I haven't even played the PC version in like 8 months.
    What am I doing to myself?

I do like kicking back and playing on the big screen, but (so far) this is not a fantastic port like Diablo 3 was to consoles. This is worse in every possible way. Constant stuttering, effects vanish half the time, sounds don't play a lot of times, selling is a nightmare (slow because of interface and slow due to stuttering), etc.

And I should have looked up if we keep our stuff because any desire to play more just died when I saw we don't keep our progress. *cuts self*
    I'm sure it's for the best.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just going to hook up my Nvidia Shield and stream Marvel Heroes PC to my TV instead of playing the PS4 beta. I think that would be the best use of my time to get accustomed to using a gamepad instead of mouse/kb.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I had streamed while I played for a friend of mine who was interested in seeing how it was.
    Here is the saved stream: https://twitch.tv/videos/137664858
    If you want to see just how bad it ran. Especially toward the end after I'd played a while and hopped on a new char because I couldn't beat Loki. It's missing sounds, voice overs, effects, etc. Like it had a memory leak.

vamen on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    All progress and Gs get reset, if you buy a pack with money you keep that. Pretty sure eternity splinter purchases will be reset too.

Well that sucks... This game is pretty bland as it is, and now I'm going to lose all the progress I've put into She-Hulk and do it all again?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Well that sucks... This game is pretty bland as it is, and now I'm going to lose all the progress I've put into She-Hulk and do it all again?

Agreed.
    The game has the basis for something excellent but I have a feeling this version is really going to fall short.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I really should have done some research before buying in on the PS4, because finding out that all progress will be reset just killed any desire to play until release, especially since it ran like crap. My kid liked watching me run around as Spider-Man at least, and I think I can get a couple of friends to check it out once it's free, so I'm not super down on the the game.

• Options
  • Options
    PC CONTENT TIMELINE
    As mentioned before, our team has a content timeline that we plan to share with you guys. We are shooting for sometime next week for post it but needs some final touches. MichaelMayhem did confirm that he was working on the next hero...

We really appreciate your patience.