As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Ugh Carnage, and I like Thor, but Unworthy Thor and Carnage seems like a waste of two hero slots to me.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    The new Gaz CEO pretty much confirmed on GamesBeat that the PC version is now the redheaded stepchild and everything is going into the console and next game.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The new Gaz CEO pretty much confirmed on GamesBeat that the PC version is now the redheaded stepchild and everything is going into the console and next game.

My Googling is failing me right now...is there a link to the article or something?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Erlkönig wrote: »

My Googling is failing me right now...is there a link to the article or something?

I was watching the livestream he was on for the GamesBeat conference, I think this link should work:

It's about 20 minutes long, don't have time to find the exact relevant part, I think it was in the middle-ish.

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesbeat/videos/all

Elementalor on
  • Options

I was watching the livestream he was on for the GamesBeat conference, I think this link should work:

It's about 20 minutes long, don't have time to find the exact relevant part, I think it was in the middle-ish.

Ahh, gotcha. That link'll help me out, thanks!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

NP, I dunno why the twitch isn't showing up for me, but if you can see it, awesome!

• Options

NP, I dunno why the twitch isn't showing up for me, but if you can see it, awesome!

Heh, actually I couldn't see it in your post. When I quoted you, though, the URL is right there staring me in the face and begging me to copy/paste it in another browser tab.

• Options
    ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Someone summarized all of Gazillion's Q&A from the PC Timeline thread and put it in a Google Doc. Very handy way to catchup on all of Gazillion's responses:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ROEGRPFnNfJZDtSgF3TyvzwlqK-krZiUPYAL3pdFCLw/mobilebasic

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    The new patch is live. Highlights are a bunch of Guardians of the Galaxy stuff (including two of the new Fortune Cards for free if you log in before Wednesday), Cosmic Chaos, and a fix to the crash issue that would happen when exiting the game when running it on a Windows 10 computer with the Window 10 Creators' Update.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Free Baby Groot pet login bonus today.
    ?.png

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Cosmic Prestiged Star Lord and Rocket, the xp boost they have for that right now is pretty nuts.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Gazillion Community Manager says PS4 Open Access will start May 19th (the day after Closed Beta ends). Still no date set for Open Beta.

No wipes planned after closed beta ends.

ydejin on
  • Options
    Live Launch (Open Beta) for PS4 starts May 23. Still no dates set for XBox One.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Gamespot has 50k early access keys.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    PS4 Marvel Heroes Omega Noob Questions:
    1) When you upgrade your inventory, is that per character or over all characters?
    2) Storage is probably upgraded over all characters?
    3) Synergies, is that just a global bonus over all characters as soon as you hit lvl.25, or only for the characters added to the synergy grid on the right? Do you get the bonus even if you have only 1 character leveled to 25?
    4) Can inventory size be upgraded without spending cold hard cash?
    5) I guess in the beginning of the game, you basically donate all your trash loot to the vendors?
    6) Which vendor is leveled up best early in the game? What is the general strategy/order in leveling up vendors?
    7) Where can I find information on what the stats actually do? I noticed via Traits on the Skill tab that you have a kind of primary stat that affects certain other stats? But also, I do not have a clue what Dodge/Deflect/Brutal etc. do.
    8) Which characters attack the quickest? (thinking about a life on hit build)
    9) Which characters are the ones that work for a critical hit build?

I'm currently exploring the game a bit in the Closed Beta, but not try to level up too much, because everything will be reset on the 18th; I hit 25 yesterday so that I unlocked the Synergy tab. Maybe I'll push on to level 32 to unlock that Talent tab (it's too bad you can't examine the locked tabs before you reach that level...)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    PS4 Marvel Heroes Omega Noob Questions:
    1) When you upgrade your inventory, is that per character or over all characters?
    2) Storage is probably upgraded over all characters?

For the PS4 version inventory and storage both appear to be shared by all characters. I haven't played the PC version, but that appears to have a per-character storage system that does not seem to be present on the PS4 version.

3) Synergies, is that just a global bonus over all characters as soon as you hit lvl.25, or only for the characters added to the synergy grid on the right? Do you get the bonus even if you have only 1 character leveled to 25?

As soon as 1 character hits level 25 the Synergy system unlocks. At that point, any character including characters below level 25 can choose up to 10 different synergies from the synergy choices you've unlocked by getting other characters above level 25 or above level 50.
    4) Can inventory size be upgraded without spending cold hard cash?

This does not appear to be possible in the closed beta, although AIUI it is possible in the PC version.
    5) I guess in the beginning of the game, you basically donate all your trash loot to the vendors?

No. AIUI that's the right way to do things in the PC version. But in the console version, you should sell all your trash loot and buy research projects. See explanation of the console crafting system here, and see developer followup post in the same thread confirming that you should buy research projects instead of donate.

I don't know the answer to your other questions.
    Maybe I'll push on to level 32 to unlock that Talent tab (it's too bad you can't examine the locked tabs before you reach that level...)

Definitely agree. When closed beta started, all the tabs were unlocked, I was really annoyed when they level-locked them. The good news is as soon as your first character hits level 32, the talent tab is unlocked for all your other characters too (although the talents themselves are still locked), so even if you switch over to a level 1 character you can look over the talents you'll be able to unlock later on.

ydejin on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Inventory in the PC version works very differently to the console version.
    The inventory is not expandable, however it has 60 slots, plus a smaller inventory on your team-up character (which aren't available on console) with an additional 30. You also have STASH tabs, which are purchasable shared inventory, similar to the PS4 version, but there's like 40 of them plus character-specific tabs you can buy to make sorting easier.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Many thanks for those answers! The thing about the vendor being able to refresh his stock is very useful, because I was really wondering how to upgrade that R&D guy.

Many thanks! :biggrin: :+1:

• Options
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    So if I start playing this on PS4 today am I going to have to worry about losing any progress again?

• Options
    So if I start playing this on PS4 today am I going to have to worry about losing any progress again?

Actually you can't start playing it today. The servers are down until 8am Pacific Time tomorrow. After that they will be open for Early Access (which AIUI is for anyone who played in the Closed Beta). Generally access is May 23rd.

No wipes are planned after the servers come up tomorrow morning.

• Options
    HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    Is it worth it to go to ps4? I've been playing casually over the years, but no significant progress, maybe like 3 60s

• Options
    I believe that the PS4 version supports couch co-op, which is always nice.

Little question: what is "prestiging a character"? Is that like a clicker game, where you reincarnate it so that it gets betters stats? Because there are PS4 trophies that say "Prestige a character" and "Prestige a character twice".
    What are its benefits?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Prestige is starting over at level 1. The PC version has/had minor rewards for prestiging multiple times. Cosmic (final) prestige takes 25 times longer (varies with event XP) and is only for insane people.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wow, so the big and final reset happened on PS4, and when you start, you get 400 energy splinters, and you MUST purchase a hero. But you know, all the heroes that cost 400 energy splinters in the Closed Beta, are suddenly now 525 splinters, so the only ones you can by are either Angela or Squirrel Girl.

For me it was no big thing, I wanted Squirrel Girl anyway, but I was a little bit peeved that I could buy a Scarlet With, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage or Black Panther from the start :mad:

Anyway, Squirrel Girl is really fun :biggrin: I especially like her "kick into the opponents acorns" power :lol:

At one point I met a Doop, I guess that's the Treasure Goblin of Marvel Heroes? He dropped 2 Legendary marks and a thing that earned me 25K gold/rep, which was nice for leveling up those vendors/crafters.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    How did they nerf SG for console release? Can't imagine her original powers are still there.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Wow, so the big and final reset happened on PS4, and when you start, you get 400 energy splinters, and you MUST purchase a hero. But you know, all the heroes that cost 400 energy splinters in the Closed Beta, are suddenly now 525 splinters, so the only ones you can by are either Angela or Squirrel Girl.

It turns out this was a bug. They're working on a fix, but it still sucks for anyone running into it in Early Access. I picked up the Avengers pack, so I've got a lot of heroes already unlocked. Glad you're enjoying Squirrel Girl.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/865624153579167744

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/865624387025747968

• Options
    @Corporal Carl if you log back in, you should have an additional 500 eternity splinters in your delivery box. This is an apology/correction for the earlier bug. Combined with the Eternity Splinters left over from your Squirrel Girl purchase, this should let you purchase almost any of the other heroes.

Also anyone who has access on PS4 should probably login sometime this weekend to get a free 500 ES.

Official post:
    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

• Options
    Well, thanks for the update :biggrin: I just logged on again and got my 500 splinters :biggrin:

I have been playing for around 6 hours straight this evening, because I wanted to get to level 25 so that I could examine the synergies tab a bit more... I'll look at that tomorrow to see which hero I'll pick with my splinters...

I've also seen a team-up of two insane people: black suit Spiderman and Iron Fist were running along, which means that there are at leat two people who bought the 5 founders for over 200 euros so that they could have that exclusive costume/hero :eek:

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular

Nah, it'll probably be part of the summer Anniversary event, which I assume will start in two or three weeks.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The anniversary has historically been a week event in mid June, iirc

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Well, one advantage of the Eternity Splinters bug they had on the PS4 is that I can now try out several characters and level them up to level 10 to get a better feel for them, instead of having to buy a character immediately.

So I have time before spending my splinters.

Also: Moon Knight felt pretty meh, until I got his cone-of-crescent-projectiles and I was all like "best thing ever!" :biggrin:

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I did not know you could get a ticket for 90% off G's from the daily coupon on pc. So I now have like 12,500 g's. Is there anyone left from the last Advance Pack to come out?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm probably just bad at the game, but does Omega feel like way overtuned for anyone else? I've got everyone to 60 in the PC version and I've had very few times where I'd just die over and over, even in cosmic terminals and raids and stuff. I'm playing Thor in Omega level 60, decent but not great gear and I'm just constantly dying, I have to be in super-heroic difficulty to get any real upgrades but like everything's killing me so fast. There's no real penalty for death, it's just kinda annoying.

• Options
    So I decided to use some of the consumables when playing with Scarlet Witch (which I bought with the splinters) and I ended up being level 41 in no time.

I also have gotten 2 SHIELD Supply Boxes, and when I opened one where these lots of purple Scarlet Witch stuff in it, and even a gold medallion! But I noticed that everything was level 41.

Does this mean that if I level myself first to 60 (I guess that's the max. level?) and then open the other box, I'd get lvl.60 gear?

And can it also be that the PS4 has no daily logins yet?

One thing I feel which is very-bad-Diablo-3-like is that it seems I have to do the story first for each character before unlocking legendary quests for that character? Now the first time, it isn't so bad, but I've tried out a few characters and am pretty bored already beating up Venom/Shocker/...

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    So I decided to use some of the consumables when playing with Scarlet Witch (which I bought with the splinters) and I ended up being level 41 in no time.

I also have gotten 2 SHIELD Supply Boxes, and when I opened one where these lots of purple Scarlet Witch stuff in it, and even a gold medallion! But I noticed that everything was level 41.

Does this mean that if I level myself first to 60 (I guess that's the max. level?) and then open the other box, I'd get lvl.60 gear?

One thing I feel which is very-bad-Diablo-3-like is that it seems I have to do the story first for each character before unlocking legendary quests for that character? Now the first time, it isn't so bad, but I've tried out a few characters and am pretty bored already beating up Venom/Shocker/...

I believe that the box's level is set when you earn it. So, you can 90% fill your bar, switch to a level 60 character and finish it off. But the gear in it isn't super awesome amazing, and you're probably better off opening them as you level.

I don't know about the console version, but on PC legendary quests unlock at level 20.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular

I believe that the box's level is set when you earn it. So, you can 90% fill your bar, switch to a level 60 character and finish it off. But the gear in it isn't super awesome amazing, and you're probably better off opening them as you level.

I don't know about the console version, but on PC legendary quests unlock at level 20.

In the closed beta, you just needed to do the story once, and it unlocks for all characters. So it's better just to power through on one dude, then you are open to doing whatever you want.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well, I'll guess I'll do that then with my Scarlet Witch; she's 60 now, and I am in the Savage Land, and I still have to go through 2 or 3 other story chapters...

And with the SHIELD supply box, I had one at lvl.1 when I switched over to the characters of my Founders p`ack, but I opened that lvl.1 box with my lvl. 60 Scarlet Witch and all contents were lvl.60 :biggrin:

So what's the end game? Hunt for Cosmic versions of all your gear which boost your character the best? But I read in the ingame guide that there is even a higher rarity: Omega?

Corporal Carl on