As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    dang, didn't really think it would get that far

fox' films nonwithstanding the x-men are a popular property that they can keep monetizing in a lot of ways (games, comics, animation, tv, etc.) Maybe they really are determined to write the FF out of the IP

also I spose I should log in and unlock mr. F

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Honestly Marvel is probably fine with what Fox is doing with the X-men. They'd really crowd the MCU and they've always had a slightly different tone. While sure, they'd rather not share any of the money pie at least Fox is making the X-men generally go and make revenue.

Fox has been sounding fucking the FF up for a couple decades now and been unwilling to sell the license back for reasonable money. Marvel responding by driving them into the fucking ground is extreme but they've been doing it for while in the comics. There hasn't been a FF book in a couple years and the Richard's have been off on an extended vacation playing creator deities or something.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    They deleted the original thread on this, here's the patch notes for tomorrow that explains all the costumes/pet/achievement changes.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Link doesn't work, looks like the TC forums are gone.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    No need to test, the MH devs hired last week for pennies on the dollar know exactly what we don't want already.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Reminder for those who are like me and had thrown all your default costumes into the costume blender, Doom is getting a new default costume. His current default Future Foundation costume will no longer be available after that happens, so now is a good time to prestige him if you don't have that item anymore.

• Options
    Link doesn't work, looks like the TC forums are gone.

Try this link.

Also spidey event is starting today after the patch maybe?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I tried playing again recently, and I'm not sure what it is but I feel like I don't have that one go-to hero anymore. With all the changes stuff doesn't quite play the way they used to and it's throwing me off.

• Options
    Ahaha, did the blender, got Doom's classic costume...which will be his default costume after tonight. /shakes fist at the rng gods

• Options
    Patch Notes!
    EXTRA! EXTRA! Daily Bugle Overrun by Sinister Six!

J. Jonah Jameson has claimed to have uncovered the identity of Spider-Man, but he’s only teased his readers with this and hasn’t published yet. The various members of the Sinister Six see this as their chance to finally rid themselves of Spidey and they aren’t willing to wait for the next edition! They want this information NOW! (Of course if they can cause massive destruction along the way, that’s even better!)

Heroes must fight their way through several different floors of the Bugle and remove the villains from the premises by any means possible. The terminal culminates with a rooftop fight against a new villain, The Vulture!

Editor’s Note: J. Jonah Jameson’s sources of information may not be entirely reliable. The opinion’s expressed in said article belong to the author.

The Daily Bugle Terminal pits players against a random assortment of villains who have at various points in time been part of the Sinister Six!

New Location:

Terminal: Daily Bugle (Level 20 minimum requirement to unlock)

New Missions:

Legendary:

Vulture’s Vengeance (Level 20 minimum requirement)

Daily Bugle Event (Account):

Speak to S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Stan Lee in the Avengers Tower for your next assignment.

Daily Bugle Beatdown
    Reward - Daily Bugle Press Badge (Artifact)

New Items:

Legendary:

Vulture’s scavenged some Alien Tech and cobbled together a new Legendary Item

Medallions:

Vulture rummaged through the trash heap and brought his own Medallion with him
    The Sinister Six have created a Unique Medallion that represents their membership since Otto’s calculations are a little off, and there’s clearly way more than six of them.

Artifacts:

Vulture, Green Goblin, Tombstone and Kraven have become jealous of the rest of the Sinister (can these guys even say) Six and brought Artifacts of their own with them!
    Additionally, The Sinister (way more than) Six have stolen Spider-Man’s Webbed Wings! (Artifact)

Newspapers! Read all about it!

The Spider-Menace is headlining several Bugle Newspapers which can be found from any enemy in the Operation!
    New Fortune Card:

The new Spider-Man Homecoming Fortune Card is now available! During this event, you can log in each day until July 12th to receive one for free as a login gift! Includes a chance at the following:

Epic Tier:

Spider-Man Homecoming Homemade Suit (Costume)
    Spider-Man Homecoming Homemade Hood-Up Suit (Costume)
    Spider-Man Homecoming Suit (Costume)
    Iron Man Spider-Man Homecoming Mark 47 Armor (Costume)
    Stack of 3 Combo Boosts
    Ultimate Upgrade Token

Rare Tier

Vulture Wings Flourish
    Holo-Stark Flourish
    Spider-Man Logo Flourish

Uncommon Tier

S.H.I.E.L.D Supply Boost
    Experience Boost
    Currency Boost
    Infinity Orb Case
    A Random Daily Bugle Newspaper

Event Bonuses:

Starting today, June 28th until July 12th, the following event bonuses will be active:

50% Bonus Experience for all Heroes!

Additional 100% Bonus Experience when playing Iron Man or Spider-Man!

ANNIVERSARY STORE SALES

While the Anniversary event has concluded with today’s update, our Anniversary store sales will remain active until June 29th at 2PM PDT.

Be sure to pick up whatever was on your Anniversary list before these sales end!
    HERO CHANGES
    JEAN GREY

Psychic Lethargy now properly slows by 30% naturally, increased to 60% with Telepathic Dominance active.

NICK FURY

Fixed an issue where Eyes Everywhere wouldn't reset the cooldown of Lola On Loan with Blitz enabled.

NOVA

Gravimetric Surge now displays the right buff icon.

THING

Pulverizing Fury no longer requires you to hold the hotkey while channeling.

SHE-HULK

You should no longer be able to get CC'ed while using Pillar of Justice.

WOLVERINE

Furious Assault will now properly grant bonuses to Tornado Claw with Building Momentum active.

ITEM CHANGES

Added the following Hero Team affiliations:
    Human Torch: Inhumans
    Venom: Guardians of the Galaxy
    Black Bolt: Inhumans
    Scarlet Witch: Inhumans
    Beast: Inhumans

The Normal Hyper-Viper Generator Artifact can now be traded.

Applied proper icon to Sentinel Eradication Chip Artifact.

Increased Summoned Ally Damage Rating on the ARMOR Alternate Reality Chaos Portal.

Fixed an issue with Cosmic Affixes not spawning on new Cable and Sentinel Artifacts.

Fixed an issue that allowed the Danger Room Black Box to award item level 66 items; rewards from this box will now correctly only award item level 63 items.

Fixed a visual issue with the Atlantean Jewel artifact where it would show a knockdown animation when the player used their Medkit.

Fixed an issue that caused Tombstone to occasionally drop his Cosmic medallion on lower difficulties.

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES & BUG FIXES

Added more Objectives to Magneto’s “Once and Future King”, Spider-Man’s “Nothing Like the Classics”, Squirrel Girl’s “Undefeated”, and Ultron’s “Age of Ultron” achievements.

Doop no longer sometimes gets stuck in the environment attempting to flee from players. Now has a chance to intentionally flee towards nearby enemies.

Corrected the Day 1,060 Days of Service login reward. This should be granted retroactively to those that have already received a login reward for this day.

Fixed an issue where the Assist mode for the S.H.I.E.L.D. Air Support Team-Up did not apply its damage bonus to the Hero.

Fixed an issue in Lieber's Brewhouse where the chests appeared before defeating all enemies in the treasure room. The hidden/extra (non-treasure room) chest should spawn upon defeating the extra boss (Che Luck), and the usual treasure room chest should spawn upon defeating all enemies (5 total enemies).

Fixed the portal in Lieber's Brewhouse to take the player's character downstairs to the bar area from the top floor.

Fixed an issue where a Grim Reaper attack was causing Heroes and Team-Ups to get stuck in a looping animation.

Fixed missing minimap icon for the Green Goblin boss.

The hidden room in Lieber's Brewhouse now spawns a S.H.I.E.L.D. Minor Supplies chest upon defeating Che Luck.

KNOWN ISSUES

A.R.M.O.R Chaos Portal Artifact no longer lists summons, but still summons entities anyways. This is a display issue and will be fixed in the next patch.
    You get one of the new Fortune Cards each day you log in during this event which is nice.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Why the fuck do they keep adding legendary items if the plan is to phase them out

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    unlocked mr F with some event splinters

I dunno if I'll ever play him but it seemed like the right thing to do

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Okay, so, it's been a while since I've played

Why does it list costumes as loot from the Fortune Card? Can you still just buy costumes you want with G's?

• Options
    Okay, so, it's been a while since I've played

Why does it list costumes as loot from the Fortune Card? Can you still just buy costumes you want with G's?

Depends. For the most part, yes, but some that are in cards tend to be exclusive to them so you can't get them without RNG.

• Options
    Just a heads up, the sales end today at 2:00 PST.

• Options
    Kind of worrying how little fanfare/publicity the xbox release is getting. It doesn't even appear in the store when you search for it.

• Options
    Does anyone know if the founder's packs on consoles include stash tabs for the heroes included?

• Options
    Hahahaha. If you gameshare on Xbox you share Founders packs.

• Options
    ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the founder's packs on consoles include stash tabs for the heroes included?

Console version doesn't have per character stash tabs.

• Options
    ydejin wrote: »

Do you know how much general stash increases cost, then?

• Options
    ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    ydejin wrote: »

Do you know how much general stash increases cost, then?

Don't recall the dollar amounts, but the first one is cheap, all other upgrades are quite expensive for what your getting.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I guess they haven't completely removed all F4 stuff from the game quite yet, I just got a H.E.R.B.I.E. from a shield supply box.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So trying this on the Xbox, I assume I just punch things as hard as possible with Ribbon Lady until they give up their pants, turn the difficulty up as soon as I can pass the trial to get better pants from punching things, and it really doesn't matter what I use to do this till I hit cap?

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    So trying this on the Xbox, I assume I just punch things as hard as possible with Ribbon Lady until they give up their pants, turn the difficulty up as soon as I can pass the trial to get better pants from punching things, and it really doesn't matter what I use to do this till I hit cap?

Pretty much. On my second character through I passed the Heroic trial at level 11 and the Super Heroic trial once I hit 30 for my signature.

• Options

Pretty much. On my second character through I passed the Heroic trial at level 11 and the Super Heroic trial once I hit 30 for my signature.

Lovely. I gather, speaking again of Ms. Ribbon Lady, that "jump on their heads, confuse everything, then pound my face on every button that looks like it might AE, repeat" is the right approach in general?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I know this thread title is just a joke, but for a second I considered the idea of someone trading the F4 for Carnage, and it broke my heart

• Options
    Spider-woman? Spider-Woman!

• Options

Lovely. I gather, speaking again of Ms. Ribbon Lady, that "jump on their heads, confuse everything, then pound my face on every button that looks like it might AE, repeat" is the right approach in general?

I assume you're talking about the lady from Spawn? No idea, never played her.

I am taking the opportunity on console to play the heroes I never put any real time into on the PC version. About to start leveling Blade.

• Options

I assume you're talking about the lady from Spawn? No idea, never played her.

I am taking the opportunity on console to play the heroes I never put any real time into on the PC version. About to start leveling Blade.

Hell, is she? (Angela) I just saw 200 slivers, and it was her or Squirrel Girl. The almighty rodentine horde was kind of amusing, but eh.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Angela was originally a Spawn character before getting rolled into Marvel through weird copyright stuff. She's cool in the comics, haven't played her in this.

• Options
    angela's pretty strong

I expect as many new heroes as possible will use existing assets (so basically, team-ups) which has me holding out hope for playable jubilee

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    The Homecoming event is getting extended by a week, including the free daily Homecoming cards. July 19th is now the last scheduled day of the event.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    On consoles we only got the boxes. Our Operation is still on the Dr. Strange event. I want to do the Spider event :(

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    400 splinters if you are so inclined.

?.png

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    400 splinters if you are so inclined.

?.png

Ooo, as a full playable character? How's he play like?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    All physical dmg, seems a bit like Venom. Don't have him fully geared yet to put him through paces.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    All physical dmg, seems a bit like Venom. Don't have him fully geared yet to put him through paces.

Watched a short video, from what I saw it seems like he's a copy of Venom in the sense that he has attacks that use/drain HP and ones that build/spend the secondary resource. Not 100% sure if that's accurate though.

• Options
    The console version of the Homecoming event is perhaps the worst event I've ever played in Marvel Heroes. There's no XP boosts, no themed packs on sale, if you blink you might even miss that it's there.

Nothing even drops, you have to craft these research thingies for 100k each. Who has that many credits 2 weeks after the game launched on console? Most people's loot hasn't been sold but donated.

At least they reduced the amount of XP needed to level a legendary.

• Options
    I will say another nice thing about the patch though, the VIP system is a nice gesture and anecdotally the loot boxes have good stuff. I got 9 of them from leveling heroes and in those 9 boxes got 4 costumes and enough essence to trade for an enhanced costume.