As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wtf my draft [chat] disappeared this is an outrage i want my money back

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I need to pick up some peppermint oil so I can control the spidery invasion.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    I'm selling some old music stuff on eBay for almost nothing.

This is stuff that I should just throw away.

But I am going to see if I can get someone to pay me to come and take it away.

What a delightful scam.

My Dad did this on Craigslist with an old chest freezer and a fridge because the disposal fees were prohibitive.

I actually have another auction going for a countertop wine cellar for essentially the same reason.

Although that one only has a few views so far. I might have to hawk that one on Craigslist.

Best method if no one buys:

"FREE X ON SIDEWALK AT THIS ADDRESS"

It'll be gone inside a day.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Also Jeep living with me would be rad because I'd take all the spiders to live in my room.

Also we're both pretty good cooks.

But tbh I'm kind of a slob when it comes to cleaning, you'd throw me out before long.

Oh good point cooking is essential

I am actually not super neat pretty often. Especially when I'm stressed. The constant studying has left my eyebrows and my room a mess.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

What a delightful scam.

what old music stuff

A Squier bass guitar that needs to be repaired, a 20 watt combo amp, a soft case, and a music stand

I described everything honestly and listed it as "For parts or not working" (the guitar doesn't work, it needs a new pick guard and probably some soldering to get it to work again, the cab works fine)

I set the starting bid to 99 cents and for local pickup only

One bid so far: 99 cents

For that price just let someone punch you for a buck

Hmm, do I dare pursue the perfect career?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    One nice thing about the south, you can leave anything out on the curb and someone will take it. So many junk farmers and flea marketeers.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

What a delightful scam.

what old music stuff

A Squier bass guitar that needs to be repaired, a 20 watt combo amp, a soft case, and a music stand

I described everything honestly and listed it as "For parts or not working" (the guitar doesn't work, it needs a new pick guard and probably some soldering to get it to work again, the cab works fine)

I set the starting bid to 99 cents and for local pickup only

One bid so far: 99 cents

For that price just let someone punch you for a buck

Hmm, do I dare pursue the perfect career?

this could start a bidding war

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Also Jeep living with me would be rad because I'd take all the spiders to live in my room.

But tbh I'm kind of a slob when it comes to cleaning, you'd throw me out before long.

I am actually not super neat pretty often. Especially when I'm stressed. The constant studying has left my eyebrows and my room a mess.

I'm imagining shiv with Einstein eyebrows.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    what kind of amp?

• Options
    It's like, I'll get bit less now because I have a gangly chitinous protector hanging out on the wall.

On the other hand

TcJG2tDl.png

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that there is an American tennis player named Jack Sock.

It must have been pretty rough growing up with a name that sounds like something a 14-year-old boy keeps under the mattress next to a worn-out copy of Hustler.

I just learned this today as well while my wife was watching the US Open.

I asked her if he had a brother named Ankle.

She just glared at me.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It's like, I'll get bit less now because I have a gangly chitinous protector hanging out on the wall.

On the other hand

TcJG2tDl.png

I FORGOT TO WIPE!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    did someone say they hated the sun

because

we gonna have a problem

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Fox News is not a million times more popular than PBS

PBS newshour has over a million more viewers than fox news, and NPR has 5-6 times as many listeners as fox news has viewers

People think Fox News is more important than it is, but even their highest rated show, the Oreilly Factor, only has around 2.5 million viewers
    Not sure where you're getting these numbers from? Especially for PBS, which are hard to source, presumably because they pursue less advertising.

per http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/03/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-september-2-2015/457307/

O'Reilly had three million viewers yesterday, Fox News as a whole had ~2.5 million viewers throughout primetime.

I'm having trouble finding good numbers on PBS, but they seem to only have had slightly less than 1 million viewers for NewHour in 2012: http://www.stateofthemedia.org/2013/network-news-a-year-of-change-and-challenge-at-nbc/pbs-newshour-viewership-falls-2/

I'd be surprised if they really shot up 3.5x (if they're truly pulling a million more viewers than Fox, now) in the space of 2.5 years

oh I was looking at number of users of PBS newshour online

which is probably a larger number than actually watch it?

But it doesn't change my point, 2.5-3 million viewers for O'reilly, Fox's most popular show

that's not a lot for the amount of power and attention the GOP gives them

the nightly news has an average of 22.5 million people according to stateofthemedia.org

the same site has Fox News Channel at a median average viewership of 1.7 million viewers in 2014

override367 on
  • Options
    ah yeah I saw those online numbers too, they're kind of wacky

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

because

we gonna have a problem
    \o/

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm guessing the rest of PBS has pretty low ratings. Whereas most of Fox's primetime shows do very well

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am home.

Team happy hour was fun. Two of the new dudes are cool. Probably go drinking with them at some point. But I still got work tomorrow.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Today's second date was excellent. I can't even remember the last time I had a second date.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

because

we gonna have a problem

The sun is kind of annoying
    It gets right in your eyes
    I'd rather sit inside with air conditioning
    Eating crisp French Fries

• Options
    I'm guessing the rest of PBS has pretty low ratings. Whereas most of Fox's primetime shows do very well

if anything I'd bet that NewsHour is one of PBS' lowest rated shows

kids gotta get they sesame

also is antiques road show still a thing

• Options
    PBS puts all their content online for free so it's no surprise that they get larger online numbers

Fox News average viewer is over retirement age so it's unlikely that their online presence is very large

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Guys

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Guys

SEXIST

• Options
    I mean I've watched a lot of history detectives but the last time I watched newshour it was called the macneil-lehrer newshour

• Options
    what kind of amp?

A little Hartke 20 watt bass combo.

Hartke doesn't even make it anymore, I got it around 2002.

I'm actually selling another bass combo amp (PJB Bass Cub BG-100) as well that I picked up recently. It's good, but it leaves me with very little room to upgrade with additional cabs (it only has a line out, so the external cab would have to be active), so I'm trying to sell that off and replace it with a Fender Rumble 500 that's roughly the same price.

• Options
    Guys

Dolls

• Options
    jeez I had no idea how old the average conservative news media consumer was

that industry...uh

doesn't look like it has much of a future

• Options
    I just thought you should know

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Trace wrote: »

I'm imagining shiv with Einstein eyebrows.

They don't get that bad

But when I'm busy and stressed I do not do nearly as good a job of shaving and basically don't pluck my eyebrows or clean my room and everything becomes a symbol of my inner chaos.

• Options
    what kind of amp?

A little Hartke 20 watt bass combo.

Hartke doesn't even make it anymore, I got it around 2002.

I'm actually selling another bass combo amp (PJB Bass Cub BG-100) as well that I picked up recently. It's good, but it leaves me with very little room to upgrade with additional cabs (it only has a line out, so the external cab would have to be active), so I'm trying to sell that off and replace it with a Fender Rumble 500 that's roughly the same price.

turns out I don't know anything about bass amps

• Options
    I don't think new girl cooks and on the one hand I really like people who cook but on the other my kitchen is basically still my kitchen so

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Today's second date was excellent. I can't even remember the last time I had a second date.
    today

jesus man you should see a doctor you might have a memory problem

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

that industry...uh

How old?

Farting dust or already dust themselves?

• Options
    The thing is

• Options

that industry...uh

heh, yeah

maybe that's the reasoning behind Glenn Beck's The (totally not gay) Blaze dot Com

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    isn't the conservative news industry fed by the fact that people tend to trend conservative as they grow old

maybe we should just send all the olds to the meat packing plants?

i mean chanus is immortal so i'm pretty sure he doesn't count

• Options
    The thing is

ben grimm

• Options
    This pasta could use more sauce, but on the other hand this means I have more sauce on the rest than usual which is :D

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    isn't the conservative news industry fed by the fact that people tend to trend conservative as they grow old

maybe we should just send all the olds to the meat packing plants?

i mean chanus is immortal so i'm pretty sure he doesn't count

funny, the older I get, the more I just want to renounce capitalism and start a commune in the middle of fucking nowhere

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's the downside of the whole "lol just wait until all those horrible old people die off" thing

People keep aging into that contingent and it changes them

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.