Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Promptly ignoring Mondaily for dungeons, finally tackled Bahamut in XIII elite, was able to get him down with little issue, then popped over to normal for the first IX dungeon of the new update.

FUCK THIS BOOK. HOW DOES IT WORK?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Promptly ignoring Mondaily for dungeons, finally tackled Bahamut in XIII elite, was able to get him down with little issue, then popped over to normal for the first IX dungeon of the new update.

FUCK THIS BOOK. HOW DOES IT WORK?

you need to hit it for a specific range of damage before he shows up.

for elite its something like 18k-22k making 2 max 9999 hits show him every time.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I just kept hitting him until he showed. Worked on both.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Goddamn that is atrocious. I ended up stumbling into the right range with Tyro smacking it with Full Break in between full 9999 spells, but come the fuck on.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    whew...

I just did lake dohr from the last update and completely forgot to bring a lightning spell to get the second target condition.

luckily I still got mastery but that was not a nice feeling.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    whew...

I just did lake dohr from the last update and completely forgot to bring a lightning spell to get the second target condition.

luckily I still got mastery but that was not a nice feeling.

Heh I actually did the same thing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Barely got Champion on the Lulu event boss rush. Feels great though, because I did it with a normal team. No advance, no mythril refresh.

• Options
    Is seymour Flux in Elite dungeons as easy as the ++ fight? That was much easier than Natis elite!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    You can nullify most of the fight with Tauntaliate plus Silence.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Really loved how unique those two FFIX dungeons were.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is seymour Flux in Elite dungeons as easy as the ++ fight? That was much easier than Natis elite!

No, either I was incredibly unlucky or he is hands down the worst boss in the X dungeon series. Very nasty physical aoes so it's a race to get mitigation up at the start and after each dispell. Oh, and since Morts the one with dispell he can dispell THEN aoe you in the same turn, gg.

• Options
    Seymour does Dispel, Mort does the AoE.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Bluecyan wrote: »

No, either I was incredibly unlucky or he is hands down the worst boss in the X dungeon series. Very nasty physical aoes so it's a race to get mitigation up at the start and after each dispell. Oh, and since Morts the one with dispell he can dispell THEN aoe you in the same turn, gg.

If you silence Seymour, he can't reflect, dispel or flare. Bring Gilgamesh (or Tyro) for Tauntaliate hijinks, and the only damage to worry about is Mortibody's physical AoE Cross Cleave - which in Third Pilgramage EX++ he can't use until his third turn and even then only 20% of the time. Sure, there's Total Annihilation, but if you're using AdvanTauntaliate the fight will be over too quickly for that to be a problem, and if not, you can just damage Mortibody enough to force him to heal, interrupting Total Annihilation (which takes three turns for Mortibody to cast, so you have plenty of time).

Daffydd on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    About how many charges of Draw Fire do you think I'll need to Tauntaliate the FFX +++ encounter, where my retaliator is a level 80 Cloud with about 425 ATK and an Advance RW? I've actually completely neglected to craft the ability before today, and it's current R2. I was going to give my other melee characters temple/double cut to increase the damage

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, Cloud can't use Draw Fire.

R2 should be fine in general, though. The length per use feels pretty long.

• Options
    Mine is R3 and I'm thinking about going R4. These new FF III elites have awful trash, I had to draw fire retaliate to avoid losing medals on the early stages.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I've got Draw fire at R4 and never needed all the charges on any fight, be it using Tyro or Gilgamesh with Advance. I'd say R3 should be fine in most cases.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Shamus wrote: »

Are there any Samurai who can? I've got Stephiroth, Auron and Cyan all at least level 50.

EDIT: Disregard. Forgot about Tyro.

Javen on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »

Are there any Samurai who can? I've got Stephiroth, Auron and Cyan all at least level 50.

EDIT: Disregard. Forgot about Tyro.

Gilgamesh as well I believe

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    All caught up on Dungeon Elites. I'll be short 20 stamina when Shadow unlocks tonight, but oh well. Sitting on 210 mythril. Wondering if I want to pull on his FF6 banner or give Lulu's a Cult of Three pull attempt. The 200 reserve is all for super banners next week.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I've got 80 mithril now, hope to have 100 by the time the SSB banners show up. All I really want is some good FF8 synergy and then I'm only really missing III in terms of a good or decent retaliate weapon.

• Options
    Is RoR coming next week? I heard they are doing Seph's event next.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If that's the case, I guess I'll save up for another 50. Seph getting to 80 is cool, but I don't really care for his banner so much.

• Options
    edited December 2015

I know it's slated to be the next event after the FFVI one starting today, but since it's a 4 phase event that's not in the usual format I don't know if it will follow the usual "every 6-7 days" schedule.

Javen on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

nobody knows as far as i can tell. apparently the translated banners won't come out until after the ff6 event starts, so we'll probably know more then.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I just started the Classic dungeons in DU4, and they're (at least the two FF8 missions so far) only giving out (including Mastery and First Time) 1 Stamina Shard per, instead of 2. I remember some early missions having a total of 4 shards apiece. Seeing how as I want to get through the first bit of DU5 to unlock Red XIII, I'm hoping all of DU4 isn't like this.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Rius wrote: »
    I just started the Classic dungeons in DU4, and they're (at least the two FF8 missions so far) only giving out (including Mastery and First Time) 1 Stamina Shard per, instead of 2. I remember some early missions having a total of 4 shards apiece. Seeing how as I want to get through the first bit of DU5 to unlock Red XIII, I'm hoping all of DU4 isn't like this.

Stamina rewards definitely drop off, where eventually you'll reach a point where half of the dungeons don't even give stamina. If you're looking to boost your stamina, go back and try out some of the earlier elite dungeons from previous updates. The first half of most games have elite dungeons that give 2-3 stamina shards each.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It is. Most dungeons give out 0-1 shards weighted towards 1. The early VI and IV elites should have 2-3 shards each though.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Give me a tip on the ++ fight. Completed it on Expert, but never landed Poison. Maybe that was my fault. Am I targeting the top target or bottom target with Poison Buster? Don't only use the name, it means nothing to me.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Boooo.

I guess the tradeoff is getting orbs and such instead of shards for Mastery/First Time. I can handle that.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Give me a tip on the ++ fight. Completed it on Expert, but never landed Poison. Maybe that was my fault. Am I targeting the top target or bottom target with Poison Buster? Don't only use the name, it means nothing to me.

The top part. If you tap his tiny blue head, that's it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

You gotta target the vaguely human shaped thing in the center with poison and silence. That's Seymour.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Dammit, I was all ready to tackle the +++ battles, then I remembered that you need to bring Wakka and Lulu to get a Master rank.

• Options
    Use eggs to boost him to 50 if you have to and Advantaliate the boss. Even at 50, they get the 10 extra levels from realm synergy, so it's not as bad as you think.

Then consider keeping Wakka as a key member on your team for the next while as he'll be the earliest "Support" to get an RM2. Bring him to Sundailies if you have to. A high level support user even if you don't have Full Break yet is really handy to have for those Breakdowns and (Status) Busters.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Controversial opinion time: while I like Black Power Tuesdays, I'm not a huge fan of continual Heat Rays. I know, crazy! But that's just me.

• Options
    Yeah their levels aren't too bad. I boosted Gilgamesh to 50 using my egg stock, and Lulu is already level 55, but Wakka is only 35 or so. I can probably use the eggs from the event tonight to boost him the rest of the way. And I stuck him with a ranged weapon so he can hang out in the back row to hopefully reduce any physical damage the boss might do with his AoE. As for support characters, I've gotten used to bringing along Barrett, since he fits the same role, and I have his Gatling Gun, where the SB is an AoE Armor Break + high damage.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The lulu event +++ is cheesable, if you want to do the fight with minimal fuss and a couple event-specific hones

Bring 4 retaliators (r2 retaliate on all of them)
    Lulu with break
    One character will need fira/firaga strike for medals
    Having Tyro bring haste is also good
    Planet protector is a great RW

Turn 1, have lulu break herself and everyone else retaliates
    Haste the boss, buff your attacks, dont let retaliate fall off

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    The lulu event +++ is cheesable, if you want to do the fight with minimal fuss and a couple event-specific hones

Bring 4 retaliators (r2 retaliate on all of them)
    Lulu with break
    One character will need fira/firaga strike for medals
    Having Tyro bring haste is also good
    Planet protector is a great RW

Turn 1, have lulu break herself and everyone else retaliates
    Haste the boss, buff your attacks, dont let retaliate fall off

Ah yes, the cunning "Stop hitting yourself Yoji, stop hitting yourself" strategy.

Did you get mastery even without Wakka?

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Controversial opinion time: while I like Black Power Tuesdays, I'm not a huge fan of continual Heat Rays. I know, crazy! But that's just me.

I'm more of a white power kind of guy... :bzz:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
This discussion has been closed.