Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.


That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 15, 2015, we have entered Year Two of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quality of life changes, UI improvements, weapon balance tweaks, and whole new ways to play. At its core, Destiny is still a cooperative role-playing FPS with levels and rep to grind and new and exciting gear and weapons to seek out. But it's getting a whole lot bigger with version 2.0 and its biggest expansion yet, The Taken King.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

destiny-the-taken-king-listing-thumb-01-us-16jun15?$Icon$

The Taken King

In Year One of Destiny, we the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Today, the Tower stands because of the bravery and sacrifice of our ranks. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and now protect her Reef from those who would tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially when we plunged into the depths of the Dark Below and stood face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

Now a deeper Darkness stirs. From the shadows beyond, Oryx himself has learned of our triumph, and he will not abide our insolence, our courage - our Legend. He is assembling a mysterious, twisted force that he plans to unleash upon our world. It is our duty to stop him. Prepare yourselves, Arcadians: the Taken King comes for us all.

destiny-thetakenking-screen-04-us-15jun15?$TwoColumn_Media$

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!
(and with the new firmware, we now have a PS4 Community!)

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (Sept. 22, 2015): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up very frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Keeping Track of Things

Guide for anyone getting back into the game, courtesy of reddit and shared with the thread by @Erevar

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Year Two Emblem Codes from TTK Collector's Edition (codes still being cracked):
3VF-LGC-RLX (Insula Thesauraria)
Redeem Here

Year One Shaders, Emblems, and Grimoire Codes:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

Destiny-Massively-Successful-Over-5-Million-Unique-Twitch-Viewers-On-Week-One-459279-2.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
GMaster7 on
«13456799

Posts

  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So. Was this all according to keikaku? Oryx, lore and Books of Sorrow possible spoilers,

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2015
    Awesome loot haul yesterday!

    Thanks to Motorboat Kitten, I got the scout rifle, shotgun (3rd time), Titan mark, 2 Kingslayer shells, and an exotic engram from the raid. Later, ObiFett and Vagabond, helped me get my exotic solar sword! This new gear finally elevated me from 299 to... 304! So I hit my Vault and grabbed the 8 exotic engrams I'd been saving, and received a 310 Zhalo Supercell and 310 Claws of Ahamkara from the group. :)

    Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Awesome loot haul yesterday!

    Thanks to Motorboat Kitten, I got the scout rifle, shotgun (3rd time), Titan mark, 2 Kingslayer shells, and an exotic engram from the raid. Later, ObiFett and Vagabond, helped me get my exotic solar sword! This finally brought me up from 299 to... 304! So I hit my Vault and grabbed the 8 exotic engrams I'd been saving, and received a 310 Zhalo Supercell and 310 Claws of Ahamkara from the group. :)

    Why do you elude me so?

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So. Was this all according to keikaku? Oryx, lore and Books of Sorrow possible spoilers,

    Yeah, I'm not sure if that's the "plan" so much as simply his failsafe for the endgame of his logic. Then again, that thing does look ultra evil.

    PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Where's Xur at this week?

    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Where's Xur at this week?

    Over by the speaker


    Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    He's next to the Speaker.

    If I'm at 292 and looking to climb, are Strikes still the best bet? I have so rarely seen any blues in the 290 range.

  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Continuing the armor in pvp discussion, does the bonus from armor that you get from using a certain elemental subclass count too? I'm assuming it would.

    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'd say raid at 292

  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    The omolon one for next weeks Armsday is a 34 impact sniper rifle. That should put it on par with Her Benevolence and just behind Black Spindle.

    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    The omolon one for next weeks Armsday is a 34 impact sniper rifle. That should put it on par with Her Benevolence and just behind Black Spindle.

    Yup, I have it on order. But I have to wait a week for it. :(

    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    He's next to the Speaker.

    If I'm at 292 and looking to climb, are Strikes still the best bet? I have so rarely seen any blues in the 290 range.

    You've done the quest that caps in the Nightfall, right? Also the Court quests?

    Both cap with guaranteed 300's.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    The omolon one for next weeks Armsday is a 34 impact sniper rifle. That should put it on par with Her Benevolence and just behind Black Spindle.

    It puts it *above* Her Benevolence (which clocks in, like LDR and similar models) at 31 impact. It exactly splits the difference between the LDR and Efrideet archetypes. And it's the only sniper in the game with that impact.

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    The omolon one for next weeks Armsday is a 34 impact sniper rifle. That should put it on par with Her Benevolence and just behind Black Spindle.

    It puts it *above* Her Benevolence (which clocks in, like LDR and similar models) at 31 impact. It exactly splits the difference between the LDR and Efrideet archetypes. And it's the only sniper in the game with that impact.

    Oops, my mistake.

    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yay new thread! Xur is over in the section with New Monarcy and the Shader vendor, though at the far end of it.

    I hope I get a high impact Legendary sniper rifle sometime soon. Right now I have a low impact 283 one, and it makes me sad.

    The omolon one for next weeks Armsday is a 34 impact sniper rifle. That should put it on par with Her Benevolence and just behind Black Spindle.

    It puts it *above* Her Benevolence (which clocks in, like LDR and similar models) at 31 impact. It exactly splits the difference between the LDR and Efrideet archetypes. And it's the only sniper in the game with that impact.

    Our resident Eirene expert right here

  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I don't even know if @Vagabond even likes sniper rifles, but he did NOT half-ass when he did my homework for me. =D

    Recapping some of the knowledge from last thread (credit to Vagabond and @dinoarus ):
    Eirene can NOT roll Surplus. (BOO!)
    The Hakke sniper that you can buy via work-order CAN roll Surplus. (YAY!)

    I personally bought one of each on all three of my characters.

    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I mean, at worse multiple crappy rolls on Gunsmith weapons ends up being 3 legendary marks for 2.5k glimmer. I'm having a hard time not being capped! I still haven't had to use my insane amount of 200 glimmer cryptarch items! I'm sitting on 583 of them... oops?

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I mean, at worse multiple crappy rolls on Gunsmith weapons ends up being 3 legendary marks for 2.5k glimmer. I'm having a hard time not being capped! I still haven't had to use my insane amount of 200 glimmer cryptarch items! I'm sitting on 583 of them... oops?

    You can also roll the work-orders over into the following week for a chance at better perks or a different element.

    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Erevar wrote: »
    I don't even know if @Vagabond even likes sniper rifles, but he did NOT half-ass when he did my homework for me. =D

    Recapping some of the knowledge from last thread (credit to Vagabond and @dinoarus ):
    Eirene can NOT roll Surplus. (BOO!)
    The Hakke sniper that you can buy via work-order CAN roll Surplus. (YAY!)

    I personally bought one of each on all three of my characters.

    But the Hakke snipers don't LOOK COOL.

    EDIT: Shit I better remember to get my orders in before the raids tonight.

    jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So. Was this all according to keikaku? Oryx, lore and Books of Sorrow possible spoilers,

    Totally, but I think they are half right:
    There is even precedent for this in the Book of Sorrow, he kills his sisters in the Throne World which leaves them dead dead[1], but through enacting their nature or, I suppose, ontological base (in the case of Savathûn, cunning, and Xivu Arath war) he is able to resurrect them[2]

    I wouldn't say it was 'just as planned' more than just his fail safe should everything fall apart - this is why he has left the items to create ToM on the way to him, and his heart which is the final piece.

    He'll be back. In Destiny 4...

    *[1]So King Auryx took up his blade and beheaded Xivu Arath... beheaded Savathûn... These were true deaths, for they happened in the sword world. (XXVI: star by star by star)
    *[2]... from their blood rose Xivu Arath, saying, “I am war, and you have conjured me back with war.”... From their ashes rose cunning Savathûn, saying, “I am trickery, and you have conjured me back with trickery.” (XXIX: Carved in Ruin)

  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Celian wrote: »
    I mean, at worse multiple crappy rolls on Gunsmith weapons ends up being 3 legendary marks for 2.5k glimmer. I'm having a hard time not being capped! I still haven't had to use my insane amount of 200 glimmer cryptarch items! I'm sitting on 583 of them... oops?

    You can also roll the work-orders over into the following week for a chance at better perks or a different element.

    They take up too much space and I'm too lazy to move guns around. Considering I have 1 Rank 4 and 2 Rank 3... it's a lot of vouchers for a gun. You can't kill things with vouchers!

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So I just finished off my Nightstalker last night, and what is up with the shadestep, anyway? It certainly looks cool, but what use is it? Does it have iframes, or is it just good for side-stepping a bit quicker?

  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So I just finished off my Nightstalker last night, and what is up with the shadestep, anyway? It certainly looks cool, but what use is it? Does it have iframes, or is it just good for side-stepping a bit quicker?

    Make taken captians much easier to deal with. I also use it to dodge big shit from tanks aND bosses


    Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It's a great escape in PVP

    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Celian wrote: »
    I mean, at worse multiple crappy rolls on Gunsmith weapons ends up being 3 legendary marks for 2.5k glimmer. I'm having a hard time not being capped! I still haven't had to use my insane amount of 200 glimmer cryptarch items! I'm sitting on 583 of them... oops?

    You can also roll the work-orders over into the following week for a chance at better perks or a different element.

    They take up too much space and I'm too lazy to move guns around. Considering I have 1 Rank 4 and 2 Rank 3... it's a lot of vouchers for a gun. You can't kill things with vouchers!

    I need to set a reminder on my phone to post lots of screenshots of my perfectly rolled sniper rifles 2+ weeks from now. >:P

    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So I just finished off my Nightstalker last night, and what is up with the shadestep, anyway? It certainly looks cool, but what use is it? Does it have iframes, or is it just good for side-stepping a bit quicker?

    Cool backflips.

    Also, raid spoilers:
    If you've got the ogre gaze, you can shadestep to dodge the tracking bolts. They'll lose their tracking.

  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Dajoran wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So. Was this all according to keikaku? Oryx, lore and Books of Sorrow possible spoilers,

    Totally, but I think they are half right:
    There is even precedent for this in the Book of Sorrow, he kills his sisters in the Throne World which leaves them dead dead[1], but through enacting their nature or, I suppose, ontological base (in the case of Savathûn, cunning, and Xivu Arath war) he is able to resurrect them[2]

    I wouldn't say it was 'just as planned' more than just his fail safe should everything fall apart - this is why he has left the items to create ToM on the way to him, and his heart which is the final piece.

    He'll be back. In Destiny 4...

    *[1]So King Auryx took up his blade and beheaded Xivu Arath... beheaded Savathûn... These were true deaths, for they happened in the sword world. (XXVI: star by star by star)
    *[2]... from their blood rose Xivu Arath, saying, “I am war, and you have conjured me back with war.”... From their ashes rose cunning Savathûn, saying, “I am trickery, and you have conjured me back with trickery.” (XXIX: Carved in Ruin)
    Yep. Noticed that the other day when I was browsing Grimoire. Not a plan, but a backup. And a damn fine one since who doesn't want a touch of malice?

    Though I'm still not sure that the card itself has been found, just datamined? Wondering where/how you acquire the actual thing. Perhaps having your character explode into a ball of light as Oryx steps out of your corpse bigger and better.

    I don't mind it since I liked Oryx as a villain/victim and wouldn't mind a STUNNING REVEAL

  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I guess I'm glad reddit is a small subset when I read responses to a thread title like this:

    "If this was 3 months ago and Titans were complaining about Nova Bomb, Golden Gun, and Blade Dancer, face it, you'd tell them to suck it up and run away"

    Because that's fucking real talk in that title.

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I guess I'm glad reddit is a small subset when I read responses to a thread title like this:

    "If this was 3 months ago and Titans were complaining about Nova Bomb, Golden Gun, and Blade Dancer, face it, you'd tell them to suck it up and run away"

    Because that's fucking real talk in that title.

    uh, but people did complain about bladedancers and called for them to be nerfed all the time.

    Golden gun has never felt OP and neither has Nova Bomb.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I know you love your new subclass but if you think Sunbreaker is balanced right now, you are sorely mistaken, perhaps if Voidwalkers could shoot single targets 5-7 times I guess? And every Nova Bomb healed him as well?

    If Golden Gunners could shoot 5-7 times (with a range reduction I guess) and had damage reduction and self heal from Golden Gun kills?

    Those are the closest things to compare with I can think of right now, people also said that Bladedancers should be nerfed all the time.

    I do know a little about Titans too, my Striker got to the Lighthouse in an all Titan squad once. (FUCK THEIR MELEE, that thing throws me off something fierce and gets me killed a lot)

    People who only play one class in PvP tend to overestimate other classes supers.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So I just finished off my Nightstalker last night, and what is up with the shadestep, anyway? It certainly looks cool, but what use is it? Does it have iframes, or is it just good for side-stepping a bit quicker?

    I would, however, love to know if it actually has iframes

    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I know you love your new subclass but if you think Sunbreaker is balanced right now, you are sorely mistaken, perhaps if Voidwalkers could shoot single targets 5-7 times I guess? And every Nova Bomb healed him as well?

    If Golden Gunners could shoot 5-7 times (with a range reduction I guess) and had damage reduction and self heal from Golden Gun kills?

    Those are the closest things to compare with right now and people said that Bladedancers should be nerfed all the time.

    Yeah, from that same Reddit post:
    so you give sunbreakers the ability to titanskate and on top of that the hammer of sol, which is a combination of the best traits of bladedancer (health regen on kill), nova bomb (AoE, good distance to targets), GG (multimple instant shots, but more of them and the super lasts longer), it has the armor bonus of a radiance/ram warlock (they had to wear an exotic for this btw) that let's you tank GG shots and high impact sniper headshots, while being on the fastest class in the game. if you dont think they went a bit overboard with this and that it's not broken you've not used all of the classes enough to see how much better than any other super HoS actually is.

    I also posit that that is some real talk right there

  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Shutting down Sunbros mid-super is even more satisfying than shutting down Blancers.

    I'm looking forward to Iron Banner next week. =D

    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I know you love your new subclass but if you think Sunbreaker is balanced right now, you are sorely mistaken, perhaps if Voidwalkers could shoot single targets 5-7 times I guess? And every Nova Bomb healed him as well?

    If Golden Gunners could shoot 5-7 times (with a range reduction I guess) and had damage reduction and self heal from Golden Gun kills?

    Those are the closest things to compare with right now and people said that Bladedancers should be nerfed all the time.

    Yeah, from that same Reddit post:
    so you give sunbreakers the ability to titanskate and on top of that the hammer of sol, which is a combination of the best traits of bladedancer (health regen on kill), nova bomb (AoE, good distance to targets), GG (multimple instant shots, but more of them and the super lasts longer), it has the armor bonus of a radiance/ram warlock (they had to wear an exotic for this btw) that let's you tank GG shots and high impact sniper headshots, while being on the fastest class in the game. if you dont think they went a bit overboard with this and that it's not broken you've not used all of the classes enough to see how much better than any other super HoS actually is.

    I also posit that that is some real talk right there

    Why was it okay for Titans to get told to suck it up for a year?

    In more detail - HoS is NOT an instant attack. Stormcallers have equally ridiculous DR, as do Nightstalkers and Bladedancers. Nightstalker super is a hard counter to HoS.

    Also the titanskate issue is legit, but lets be real, how many Titans skate and super flawlessly?

    I mean seriously though, you don't think it's kinda a double standard that Titans get an entire year with no good pvp super and the moment they get one the community at large cries nerf? Come on.

    Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do some Vanguard (Heroic or Normal) Strike Playlist?

    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So. Was this all according to keikaku? Oryx, lore and Books of Sorrow possible spoilers,

    That's my thinking. I brought it up in the last thread but don't think anyone replied.

  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Got devouring maw this morning. Such a badass look to it.

    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I know you love your new subclass but if you think Sunbreaker is balanced right now, you are sorely mistaken, perhaps if Voidwalkers could shoot single targets 5-7 times I guess? And every Nova Bomb healed him as well?

    If Golden Gunners could shoot 5-7 times (with a range reduction I guess) and had damage reduction and self heal from Golden Gun kills?

    Those are the closest things to compare with right now and people said that Bladedancers should be nerfed all the time.

    Yeah, from that same Reddit post:
    so you give sunbreakers the ability to titanskate and on top of that the hammer of sol, which is a combination of the best traits of bladedancer (health regen on kill), nova bomb (AoE, good distance to targets), GG (multimple instant shots, but more of them and the super lasts longer), it has the armor bonus of a radiance/ram warlock (they had to wear an exotic for this btw) that let's you tank GG shots and high impact sniper headshots, while being on the fastest class in the game. if you dont think they went a bit overboard with this and that it's not broken you've not used all of the classes enough to see how much better than any other super HoS actually is.

    I also posit that that is some real talk right there

    Why was it okay for Titans to get told to suck it up for a year?

    It wasnt, it was bullshit.

    I just hope Bungie do a full rebalancing of all supers, because some of them are sorely lacking, especially the old supers on all classes.

    Second best PvP super is probably my new baby, Stormtrance... I can admit it, even though I dont want to lose it, that thing would most likely have been the top tier if it wasnt for Sunbreaker.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fQiwMXCCQ

    but they toned down the effects.

    psn: PhasenWeeple
Sign In or Register to comment.