Options

[GW2] Path of Fire expansion to be released on Sept 22!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Are there any groups/people that have a fractals night or anything? Been wanting to delve further in to them since I've only done a handful of the tier 1.

If Daily Fractal is one of the 12 dailies it often ends up as a beacon for fractal neophytes in the guild to delve in but as Lea said there's no set night or anything. The few of us that can do T4 fractals usually do them pretty regularly (they're a huge part of how I'm funding and supplying my legendary) but I think there are some still working on lower tiers who hit them pretty often.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I would be game for any Tier 1 fractals. I have no agony resistance and haven't done fractals in so long I don't really remember them. I checked last night and I am only at level 24.

I need a change of pace from running hero points on alts!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    I would be game for any Tier 1 fractals. I have no agony resistance and haven't done fractals in so long I don't really remember them. I checked last night and I am only at level 24.

I'm down too. I've been wanting to do more and learn them.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Dang, is it really only 10 more days?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Dang, is it really only 10 more days?

I actually thought it was fewer. This actually gives me a few more days to try to finish up my legendary shiny before I expect amalgamated gemstones to get a little less common.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I've been trying to finish up my exploration before it hits. 14% to go...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I've been trying to finish up my exploration before it hits. 14% to go...

Minus getting the last map completion I need for my legendary (ugh . . . Tangled Depths), I'm actually holding off on on exploration until after the expansion. I figure mounts will not only make it faster but I no longer have to use builds that handicap combat effectiveness for the sake of getting swiftness or other movement boosts onto a character.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Wow is mesmer amazing compared to engineer. I was sick of juggling 5 kits and not using the weapon I have equipped. I guess I'll still run dailies with the engineer until this mesmer is 80.

• Options
    XenjiKuroXenjiKuro Registered User new member
    vamen wrote: »
    Tulabelle wrote: »

I'm down too. I've been wanting to do more and learn them.

I would also be interested in doing some fractals. I played them a bit when they first came out, but never got past the first few levels.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Was working on Nevermore myself, but might swap that to a rifle legendary.. but who knows, the materials make me want to pull my hair out, and I cant do what I did last time and just drop $$$ on gems to gold and buy a bunch of shit off the TP.. haha oh Sunrise.. I had it easy with you and it still was a pain. Maybe just jumping through hoops to make cool precursors would be fine :D Then again, I assume the new elite specs will come with there own Ascended weapon collection.

of course to make myself feel worse I hit spidy to check current $$ to gem to gold conversions haha $100 US wouldnt even get me halfway to buying the crap for it.

I ended up going nevermore because my options were either Sparkletime Pixie Joy staff, or the Staff of Darkness, No Parents.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    spool32 wrote: »
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Was working on Nevermore myself, but might swap that to a rifle legendary.. but who knows, the materials make me want to pull my hair out, and I cant do what I did last time and just drop $$$ on gems to gold and buy a bunch of shit off the TP.. haha oh Sunrise.. I had it easy with you and it still was a pain. Maybe just jumping through hoops to make cool precursors would be fine :D Then again, I assume the new elite specs will come with there own Ascended weapon collection.

of course to make myself feel worse I hit spidy to check current $$ to gem to gold conversions haha $100 US wouldnt even get me halfway to buying the crap for it.

I ended up going nevermore because my options were either Sparkletime Pixie Joy staff, or the Staff of Darkness, No Parents.

But without the super rich part given the material costs.

Still, more sensible than me. My only 80 that regularly uses swords is my Mesmer and she might end up not doing so anymore if there's no workable power build for Mirage.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Projects:

In the last month I've finished LS3, grabbed the last of my ascended trinkets, and finished Bough of Melandru! I even dusted off my thief and have her heavily geared up.

Big thanks to @Adellios @Berylline @CorriganX and @LockingKey for letting me hang out and helping me out <3

Bonus: Found some screenshots from 2014 and it turns out my thief fashion is fairly consistent...
    4tNwCsk.jpg
    zPpVcu8.jpg

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Ran into a random HP train while I was embarking on some mastery grinding to level my glider and two hours later my tempest was totally done with a nice bank of points left for Weaver.

This was one productive as heck session tonight o_o

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Finished LS2 on my Revenant last night and have mostly finished off the first HoT zone, going to roll into Auric Basin some time tomorrow night I think. This brings me up to around where I was in terms of story/content when I initially reinstalled GW2 a few weeks ago. Still really digging it and digging my Revenant. I went and pre-ordered PoF and bought some gems and glider skins.

Regretting getting the Geomancer glider skin to be honest. It looks great, but as a huge Norn the comet special effect obscures a large portion of my screen and makes fine flying maneuvers really tricky.

Anyways, my plan right now is to finish off the story or as much of it as I can on my Revenant before PoF hits. My build right now that I enjoy the most is Sword/shield and Hammer. But I see a lot of negative press about both the Herald for the Revenant, and the Renegade coming out in PoF.

Despite playing Necro most of this game, I've almost never run a condition build, and was thinking of going Mace/Shortbow condition build when PoF hits on my Revenant. Anyone have any thoughts about a condition build? I always thought they killed slower but I guess that's not really true is it?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Blerg. Who wants to help me HP train a bunch of my alts up so they can finally get their Elites?

I have an Elementalist, Warrior, and Ranger (this is priority as I'm HOPING to make a Heals Druid so I can try raiding again -- everybody likes healers, right? >>;;;;; ) who are all level 80, though the Ranger needs to be geared up and to get more pets. I also have a Guardian and Revenant who I need to tome to 80 (I was holding off on the Guard in the vain hope that someday we get Tengu, but... I should probably just give up there :\ )

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Despite playing Necro most of this game, I've almost never run a condition build, and was thinking of going Mace/Shortbow condition build when PoF hits on my Revenant. Anyone have any thoughts about a condition build? I always thought they killed slower but I guess that's not really true is it?

Condition builds are slower to kill most open world mobs because you need to stack up the condis first, then they start doing damage. That doesn't make them necessarily bad at clearing out open world areas, it just makes it a bit slower. They really excel on high health mobs that your condis can build up on, then tick for a while. I have a power revenant and she destroys stuff, then I have a condi rev and he can destroy stuff as well, just takes a little more time. However with the torment field, and elite demon form, you can destroy some aoe packs.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Blerg. Who wants to help me HP train a bunch of my alts up so they can finally get their Elites?

I have an Elementalist, Warrior, and Ranger (this is priority as I'm HOPING to make a Heals Druid so I can try raiding again -- everybody likes healers, right? >>;;;;; ) who are all level 80, though the Ranger needs to be geared up and to get more pets. I also have a Guardian and Revenant who I need to tome to 80 (I was holding off on the Guard in the vain hope that someday we get Tengu, but... I should probably just give up there :\ )

I've been joining a player with a mesmer named "Squad for HP Train" (I kid you not). They ask for donations, but they run through all the HP's and MP's for VB, AB, and TD. They're usually on around 8pm or so Pacific (typically they start during the night meta of VB and kill the legendary wyvern) but through a couple nights I've gotten three characters' elites filled out.
    CorriganX wrote: »

Condition builds are slower to kill most open world mobs because you need to stack up the condis first, then they start doing damage. That doesn't make them necessarily bad at clearing out open world areas, it just makes it a bit slower. They really excel on high health mobs that your condis can build up on, then tick for a while. I have a power revenant and she destroys stuff, then I have a condi rev and he can destroy stuff as well, just takes a little more time. However with the torment field, and elite demon form, you can destroy some aoe packs.

I run a condi rev (mace/axe, hammer on switch just for range- will be happy to pick up shortbow with PoF) and Mallyx/Jalis. I am loving it. Kills reasonably quickly, is quite durable. I'm just wondering what part of the current build's gonna be switched out for Renegade.

• Options
    Presumably, you can't have both elite specs active at once, right?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Right, you can only have one elite in the "Elite" spot in the bottom of your specializations window.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    My build right now that I enjoy the most is Sword/shield and Hammer. But I see a lot of negative press about both the Herald for the Revenant, and the Renegade coming out in PoF.

Rev has its issues, it feels like it was rushed out the door to meet the HoT release when it could have done with a few more months in the oven.

It isn't terrible and bad, but it isn't winning any races except in some niche circumstances. It lacks the DPS and group utility to make it a top pick for high end content. It has recently had its condi side tweaked and tuned so that it is okay DPS wise but again brings pretty much nothing to the group that others can't do better or with higher DPS. Griping and whining aside I still like rev, and have pretty much made it my main since a week or two after HoT launched (aside from T4 frac lolnecrolol).

Basically unless you are looking to do meta raids rev is fine and herald is most definitely fine, you can murderhobo quite nicely.

Condi rev! I waited ages for it to become a thing. Power rev can make things explode nicely and you have a nice array of defensive tools with off hand sword, shield, and hammer/staff on swap. But I do really enjoy condi rev, I love leaping into a cluster of mobs dumping a load of condi on them and dodging out and watching the survivors hobble after me which just makes the oodles of torment stacks tick harder.

If you're gonna go condi you would run Malyx/Jallis with mace/axe and once the expansion releases shortbow (rangedcondiweaponwooo!) on swap.

Here's my current condi setup.
    Here's a totally subject to change and not min/maxed at all possibility for PoF.

Whether we swap out Jallis for Kalla remains to be seen. The spirits not only taking damage but also having low health pools could gimp them in most encounters, we'll have to see how they've been tweaked since the beta, and if they've been given the "pet protection" of only taking real damage if specifically targeted.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    One of the fun things about condi builds is if you do enough damage and are a lazy butt like me, you can slap a few conditions on something and then just walk away. I do this with my Engineer all the time: usually a point blank Pistol #4 is enough to kill most normal mobs, so I will do that and then leave. Things die while they chase me.

• Options
    What kind of gear would you try to run on a Condi Rev? Condition damage, Toughness, and Vitality? Or would you try to mix some +power on there to get a bit of front loaded kick as well?

• Options
    What kind of gear would you try to run on a Condi Rev? Condition damage, Toughness, and Vitality? Or would you try to mix some +power on there to get a bit of front loaded kick as well?

Viper gear and Nightmare Runes are preferred IIRC.

You do indeed want some power, especially for open world activities.
    Condition damage is also obviously a priority.
    Condition duration is also extremely strong as the longer a condition stack stays on a target the more damage it gets to do.
    Precision isn't as useful since conditions don't get critical hits, but many condition builds have traits that apply conditions when the power component of their attacks get a critical hit and Rev is included there so it sees some use.

The normal MO of a condition build is to use viper gear until you can hit 100% bonus condition duration on a primary damage condition with the help of runes, food, and focusing crystals before starting to add Sinister gear but right now it doesn't seem like Rev caps out before all equipment is Viper.

That said, Viper gear isn't exactly cheap to make and acquire outside of the trinket and back pieces (where you can get ascended pieces you can select the stats of by doing LS3 material collection) and some weapon types, none of which condi rev uses and breaking the bank before we know what gear PoF adds or how the new elite specs shake out is not really recommended. If you can get some LS3 trinkets, that's still worth pursuing as it's all be guaranteed someone will get use from those but slapping on Sinister/Dire/Rampager armor and weapons for now is acceptable for casual content.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular

In case you weren't aware on the links in my previous post click the below buttons to switch between the weapons, traits, and armour:

qkqer5fj0w7y.png

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular

As others have said, Viper is definitely the meta right now. I found on my Rev that it is a little squishier than I like and it has weak heals, so I might throw some toughness on my trinkets and see if that helps.

A lot of gear choices come down to your main mode of play. Raids, open world PvE, WvW or PvP all have slightly different "best in slot" builds. I think for open world PvE and maybe fractals and raids, a Condi Rev wouldn't have Toughness or Vitality. In PvP or WvW, usually having one (either Toughness or Vitality, but not both) isn't a horrible idea.

I like the Metabattle website for getting ideas. I wouldn't follow it word for word, but it's good for building a base.

• Options
    Only need to complete TD now to get the Gift of Maguuma! Also I am about 20k xp from Leyline Gliding!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Project update!

I completed my ascended warhorn, The North Wind!

I'm just a few items away from completing TWO Mawdreys... one for me, one for Belasco.

I have my Gift of the Raven Spirit for Legendary Nevermore!!!

I need the following things:

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of Energy: All the non-crystalline dust.
    Gift of the Mists: complete the last two sections of the Gift of Battle reward track, buy enough Memories of Battle for the Gift of War.

Gift of Maguuma Mastery

Gift of Maguuma: two hero points in DS and about half of Tangled Depths.
    Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 and 5, and ley line gliding. This will take a long time because it needs about 50 more mastery points and I only have 15.

Hubris

Well I learned that I shouldn't read wikis late at night because I missed some very important things. Let's do an update! We'll call this "The Shock of Realization" edition:

To Craft Nevermore, I need the following:

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of the Mists: complete the last two sections of the Gift of Battle reward track, buy enough Memories of Battle for the Gift of War.

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Maguuma: about half of Tangled Depths.
    Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 through 6. To complete this I need 45 additional mastery points.
    A Bloodstone Shard
    250 Crystalline Ingots (these need a Fulgurite, an Amalgamated Gemstone, an ecto, and a Crystalline Ore each)

Mystic Tribute (omg how did I miss this aaaaaaaaaa omg omg)
    Gifts of Condensed Might & Magic: I have less than 45 of the top tier item for any of these Gifts (Blood, Bones, Claws, Fangs, Dust, Scales, Totems, Venom). Additionally I'll need another entire set of dust over and above what the Gift of Energy needs.
    47 Mystic Clovers
    4 Mystic Coins

omg

spool32 on
  • Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Ouchies. I found it easier to use gw2 efficiency to keep track of what I needed to stop unwelcome surprises. :( It will give you a gold value of how much you have to go as well, os you know when you can just buy everything rather than farm.

A few bits of advice for the things you're missing:

For fangs/blood etc... Check the price of t4 and t6. Use laurels to buy bags containing the most expensive tier. It helps! Also check the versions converters and guild vendor daily to see if they have the bags.

Forge the 10 recipie for amalgamated gemstones. You have a chance for a 25 proc, and using whichever is cheapest on the tp to forget with is almost always cheaper than buying them directly.

You can get 7 clovers from various one time wvw and pvp tracks and the end of daily log in reward chest.

• Options
    Project update!

I'm just a few items away from completing TWO Mawdreys... one for me, one for Belasco.

Gift of Nevermore

Gift of Maguuma Mastery

Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 and 5, and ley line gliding. This will take a long time because it needs about 50 more mastery points and I only have 15.

Hubris

Well I learned that I shouldn't read wikis late at night because I missed some very important things. Let's do an update! We'll call this "The Shock of Realization" edition:

Gift of Nevermore

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 through 6. To complete this I need 45 additional mastery points.
    A Bloodstone Shard
    250 Crystalline Ingots (these need a Fulgurite, an Amalgamated Gemstone, an ecto, and a Crystalline Ore each)

Gifts of Condensed Might & Magic: I have less than 45 of the top tier item for any of these Gifts (Blood, Bones, Claws, Fangs, Dust, Scales, Totems, Venom). Additionally I'll need another entire set of dust over and above what the Gift of Energy needs.
    47 Mystic Clovers
    4 Mystic Coins

omg

So, uh, there are reasons I repeatedly mentioned leyline anomaly events, how you'd need amalgamated gemstones and crystalline ore from Dragon's Stand metas and hanging around afterwards, etc. in chat when you and others working on gen 2 legendaries were on.

You'll chip away at the amalgamated gemstone needs working on crystalline ore and can also do so working on the ectos by hitting up the AB meta. The TD meta is also pretty quick once it fires but you need to get in pretty early go find a decent map as it requires more organization than AB or VB but has multiple hard time limits. 15 minutes early is good enough but 20 is better if possible. You can spend time mining and doing other gathering waiting for the event to actually start if you do this. Also note that right when you finish looting the caches behind the wall after a successful TD you're at a good time to head into AB in preparation for its meta event. And when that's done, DS is not too long from starting.

The T6 materials you need reliably but randomly are rewarded in batches of 10 from the 1 gold 500 unbound magic packages. It's a lot cheaper than buying them outright at least when you you still need them all. The other items that can pop out of these can often be sold but I'd recommend holding onto the gemstones that pop out. Obviously the amalgamated gemstones have a use for you but many of the others can eventually be combined in the mystic forge to make more amalgamated gemstones. Also, laurel vendors can supply the blood, etc. of various tiers including t6 if you have some to spare.

Since you're likely looking at having to try and forge some mystic clovers, you'll want more than just 4 more mystic coins. The leyline anomaly events will reward 1 the first time you succeed in one each day.

It's really the amalgamated gemstones that are in the shortest supply since those only have a few sources and not everyone choose them from hero's choice chests. I still kick myself for having sold so many I wish I had held onto.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Project Update:

The Shining Blade material stuff is now mostly done.

I still have a few shards of the crown left to chip away at, but not many and that will wrap up in a few days.
    Around the same time the 6 mystic coin daily login reward will come in and combined with daily leyline anomalies and the occasional mystic coin coming from a fractal reward I'll only have to buy a small number.
    My last amalgamated gemstone combine popped out 25 instead of 10 and quickly finished up that requirement for much less money than it could have taken.
    T6 materials are done outside about 20 ancient bones I'm waiting to see if I'll need to buy or if I'll get some from other sources.
    And I bought the last of the platinum I needed plus the memories of battle last night.

What's left is rebuilding my supply of t5 crafting bits I used to make mystic curios, some of the t3 and 4 materials, and a TD map completion, and then 5 more daily resets.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Project update!

Gift of Nevermore

Gift of Maguuma Mastery

Hubris

Gift of Nevermore

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    A Bloodstone Shard

47 Mystic Clovers
    4 Mystic Coins

omg

So, uh, there are reasons I repeatedly mentioned leyline anomaly events, how you'd need amalgamated gemstones and crystalline ore from Dragon's Stand metas and hanging around afterwards, etc. in chat when you and others working on gen 2 legendaries were on.

You'll chip away at the amalgamated gemstone needs working on crystalline ore and can also do so working on the ectos by hitting up the AB meta. The TD meta is also pretty quick once it fires but you need to get in pretty early go find a decent map as it requires more organization than AB or VB but has multiple hard time limits. 15 minutes early is good enough but 20 is better if possible. You can spend time mining and doing other gathering waiting for the event to actually start if you do this. Also note that right when you finish looting the caches behind the wall after a successful TD you're at a good time to head into AB in preparation for its meta event. And when that's done, DS is not too long from starting.

The T6 materials you need reliably but randomly are rewarded in batches of 10 from the 1 gold 500 unbound magic packages. It's a lot cheaper than buying them outright at least when you you still need them all. The other items that can pop out of these can often be sold but I'd recommend holding onto the gemstones that pop out. Obviously the amalgamated gemstones have a use for you but many of the others can eventually be combined in the mystic forge to make more amalgamated gemstones. Also, laurel vendors can supply the blood, etc. of various tiers including t6 if you have some to spare.

Since you're likely looking at having to try and forge some mystic clovers, you'll want more than just 4 more mystic coins. The leyline anomaly events will reward 1 the first time you succeed in one each day.

It's really the amalgamated gemstones that are in the shortest supply since those only have a few sources and not everyone choose them from hero's choice chests. I still kick myself for having sold so many I wish I had held onto.

Regarding Amalgamated Gemstones:

You'll have a lot of T5 gems and jewels sitting around your crafting storage just from mining and random drops. Dump those in the Mystic Forge. It's not a high chance, but there's still a chance that you'll get either 1. A T6 gem, which you can combine 4 of those in the forge to make more Amalgamated Gemstones or 2. An actual Amalgamated Gemstone.

I'm still a long way off from the 250 Crystalline Ingots I need, but every source of Amalgamated helps.

*edit* As for clovers, if you don't mind doing sPvP or WvW, the last box of every Reward Track drops at least two, and some drop up to 4. You can also get some clovers from the monthly login reward box. Again, every one you make that doesn't require a goddamn Mystic Coin is one more Mystic Coin for you.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    So what's the best way these days get T6 mats? I'm really close to finishing off Ad Infinitum, just really need a Gift of Fortune. Mystic Clovers aren't an issue, so I'm left with the Gift of Might and the Gift of Magic to get. I'm about halfway there with the T6 mats. I have plenty of laurels (300) and unbound magic (7k), or is promoting T5 more worthwhile?

• Options
    Geod wrote: »
    So what's the best way these days get T6 mats? I'm really close to finishing off Ad Infinitum, just really need a Gift of Fortune. Mystic Clovers aren't an issue, so I'm left with the Gift of Might and the Gift of Magic to get. I'm about halfway there with the T6 mats. I have plenty of laurels (300) and unbound magic (7k), or is promoting T5 more worthwhile?

Farming Winterberries, eating them, and then buying Magic Warped Packets. Seriously.

• Options
    I'm going to focus on seeing how many Amalgamated Gemsones I can get while doing the meta in HoT areas, because I still have plenty of xp to gain and masteries to snag. Then I'll see where I am, and craft the rest I guess heh. Luckily Belasco doesn't need them so she can give me hers!

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Laurels if you have them is the most reliable way to get t6, unless you still need your t4 ( but it I think that's newer legendaries only) . If you need t4 as well, check the prices and if more expensive buy those with laurels first.

For those looking for amalgamated gemstones, remember the forge recipie for 10 is more efficient than the recipie for 1, as it has the chance to drop 25.

Leandriell on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Leandriell wrote: »

Laurels if you have them is the most reliable way to get t6, unless you still need your t4 ( but it I think that's newer legendaries only) . If you need t4 as well, check the prices and if more expensive buy those with laurels first.

For those looking for amalgamated gemstones, remember the forge recipie for 10 is more efficient than the recipie for 1, as it has the chance to drop 25.

Yep. My method beyond "do metas" is "dump every T5 and lower gem into the Mystic Forge, hoard Orbs until I get 3 stacks of 25, then Forge them"

If you're really into this farming method, you can actually farm Coral in the Orr maps (incl. Siren's Landing for some nice Oysters for Pearls & Magic Warped Bundles) and other level 80 maps with water that you can safely swim in (Ember Bay, Southsun Cove, Bitterfrost Frontier, the north part of Frostgorge Sound) for a reliable source of T5 and a few T6 gems. It is NOT efficient to do this by the Trading Post, as even Coral is kinda pricey these days because of people doing this very thing.

None of these methods are *fast*. This is partially why I'm focusing on The Ascension more closely, because I only need a Gift of Fortune for that, while for HOPE I need the fucking Mystic Tribute and other garbage that needs more stuff.

OH RIGHT. One more thing about Magic Warped Bundles: They have a chance to drop Mystic Clovers as well (saving you some Mystic Coins), and they VERY OFTEN drop Lodestones of various types, so if you need Lodestones you can hoard those too, OR you can sell them for extra $$$ (which I'm just turning into more T6 mats x_X ) (LEGENDARIES ARE HELL)

*edit* At this point in my life, if I had a full-time job, I'd honestly just dump a fuckton of money for Gems => Gold and straight out BUY the mats I need, because I'm pretty over the grind :\

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Are there guides to the mystic forge? That thing is like...a mystery to me with what it does.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Have you checked the Mystic Forge wiki page?

For weapons/armor you'll probably want to combine all of the same type (all swords, all light shoulders, etc) if you're looking to get back that specific item type. For other combinations, you'll probably want to refer to the wiki page of what you're looking for. (If the question is how do people figure the recipes out? From what I recall of the halloween shoulders a couple years back: trial and error)

Zetx on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Is there a generally-accepted "cheapest" ascended armor prefix? I know you can swap ascended stats via Mystic Forge recipes, so I'm wondering if it's cheaper to

a) make Viper's gear for my revenant; or
    b) make a different prefix and stat-swap them in the MF

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Is there a generally-accepted "cheapest" ascended armor prefix? I know you can swap ascended stats via Mystic Forge recipes, so I'm wondering if it's cheaper to

a) make Viper's gear for my revenant; or
    b) make a different prefix and stat-swap them in the MF

It will generally be cheaper to stat swap something into a non-HoT specific stat item than it is to craft the HoT specific armor piece directly. Do note that you often have to buy the recipe for the non-HoT specific armor piece though whereas you can get the HoT-specific armor recipes as drops so that can skew the cost.

As for what's cheapest, you'll want to look that up yourself. While zerker is going to be one of the more expensive non-HoT specific stat lines as it's frequently used, the others may fluctuate a bit now that their materials get used in large quantities by people working on mystic curio requiring legendaries so you can't just assume poison sacs will be cheapest anymore.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.