As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk , go on and get in there. Get some troll hugs.

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Tantrum suddenly realizes her actions may be open to wild misinterpretation and doubles over faking a massive coughing fit.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Blackfish will pay a cab for a ride to the area.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Bauta arrives in time to see Tantrum's double take. He looks around confused for a moment, unsure who the outstretched arms were aimed for. He sees nobody else around but just shrugs to himself once she starts coughing.

"You ok, there?' he says bending down a bit. He rises up and waits for an interval in the coughing "Probably not worth worrying about blending in. We'll draw eyes, regardless."

Looking for the others and any potential eyes around the pier.

Visual Perception Test #545555 -
    geth roll 9d6t5 to see if anybody is watching us on the pier

also ok if I just sped ahead and have my guy arrive? assumed it would be kosher considering it expedites things.

the pier:
    9d6t5 5 [9d6t5=3, 4, 5, 6, 4, 3, 6, 5, 6]

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Yea when it's just you guys planning things I'm completely fine with you all just skipping to a meet.

@Egos - Your eagle eyes are nothing unusual.

• Options
    After a couple of final hacking coughs Tantrum stands up straight and her eyes quickly dart left and right. "What? Nothing! Coughing. I'm normal. Whatever. I ain't found shit." She stands in uncomfortable silence for several seconds. "I'm sure they'll be here very soon." she says more to herself than Bauta. "Any minute now..."

• Options
    Bauta nodded and started to pace down the pier. He crossed his arms as he looked out at the bay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6anMLFwHFqs
    (yes this was mainly an excuse to post this)

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach exits the cab and heads over to the group. He raises an eyebrow at everyone acting weird and not wanting to look each other in the eye. "Afternoon, chummers. Did I miss something awkward?"

I love Invader Zim!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Joining the slowly growing group, Blackfish looks around for a food cart.

I would have responded with 'Invader Zim loves you,' but let's face it, you are a filthy humans meatsack, and are therefore unlovable.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    @Steelhawk Is Breach still carrying around a duffle bag full of a weapons Michael Douglas style?

Also @Brody your character would win points for tallness but lose points for ugliness :|

• Options
    Yes. Yes he is.

• Options
    "Oh , we just had a quickie" Bauta says facetiously with a smile. "Y'know.."

His tone returning to normal

"What's with the bag?" he asks with a slight hint of concern in his voice

• Options
    Tantrum nods very seriously after Bauta's 'quickie' line, clearly having misinterpreted the type of humor he was going for, but also unable to play it properly in any case.

• Options
    "Well... as long as you washed up afterwards. And the bag... the bag is doing a drek poor job of hiding my shotgun. I'm ready to rock and roll...lets get this job started."

• Options
    Bauta squints his eyes ,momentarily, unsure if the man in front of him is being serious or not.

Well ...at least we're safe if a bunch of Halloweenies try to mess with us.

Zim reference seemed fitting and it's close enough to Halloweeners .

Are we waiting on Dumah or are they AWOL?

• Options
    No posts in a few days. Might be best to assume Dumah is (in character) otherwise occupied and will show up if/when she can and just get on with things, catch her up later. Still, no harm throwing up the Cache-signal. @JohnnyCache

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Sorry guys...I get logged out of the forum every once in a while for some weird reason (it's not cookies or a normal timeout) and don't get my notifications
    I don't have anything specific in mind for legwork. I feel like I'm dropping the ball but I'm at a creative loss for the moment? If any of you have anything you'd like done or suggestions, consider them canvassed for IC as well as out.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I don't ..particularly.

Should we just move on with the scene ? Assuming Dumah doesn't show up for whatever reason

Egos on
  • Options
    Breach looks around at the assembled runners, "So? What's the plan? Who figured out what? I vote we just drive up to the fragging Barrens and go in, but if someone's got a better idea, speak up."

We've been quite bogged down in how to get into Oakland...when we should probably just go to Oakland.

Losing our rigger doesn't really help in that respect, but we'll figure it out. Legwork has been done on boats, and spirits and windows for ingress, yeah? So, lets get on that.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Bauta remains silent for a moment, seemingly confused by Breach's blunt approach

"If we can find a pilot , we can fly across- which would make the patrols less of a concern. We would need to fake a flight plan ,though....and I'm not in touch with any forgers in the area."

He bites down softly on his lip

"Crossing the basin on boat ,we'd need to know the patrol routes and schedule. Which I imagine would be less hard to do obtain with our skillsets. That said there would be the issue of getting the boat, and I'm unsure if any of us are competent sailors... I'm sadly not"

He crouches down

"On land, we'll likely be intercepted by something unsavory on the way to or back from the Labs. We should pick meet-up points in the area, should we get separated. And contingency escape routes..."

Egos on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I forgot I have some Security knowledge... @Farangu can I roll where one would like be able to find patrol routes/schedules? If so

Geth roll 9d6t5 to Find Out Where Basin Patrol Routes Info Would be or How I'd Find that Information

to Find Out Where Basin Patrol Routes Info Would be or How I'd Find that Information:
    9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=1, 5, 6, 3, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1]

Egos on
  • Options
    Looking to Bauta, Tantrum speaks as evenly as she can. "Like I said. I don't have much yet. I have an appointment with... one of my contacts tomorrow. He's good, but he probably isn't going to want... to get too heavily involved in my side-gig. If you need any extra info, or stuff, or whatever, I can ask.
    "A day trip to Oakland, poke around, see what you can see, might not be a horrible idea, but if you think you need me along for that, probably gonna have to be Monday at the earliest."

• Options
    @Egos
    It's likely to you that Lone Star routes are likely stored at the precinct HQ, either on a terminal or in their Host.

• Options
    Is Dumah sitting this one out like Frost or ?

@JohnnyCache

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Sorry guys...I get logged out of the forum every once in a while for some weird reason (it's not cookies or a normal timeout) and don't get my notifications
    I don't have anything specific in mind for legwork. I feel like I'm dropping the ball but I'm at a creative loss for the moment? If any of you have anything you'd like done or suggestions, consider them canvassed for IC as well as out.

Just kind of along for the ride right now. I'm showing up, I'm down to go poke around

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    yea there's typically not a lot of Matrix related activity in a Barrens, so you may as well proceed. Dumah will know what she's able to do depending on where she is, I'll make sure of it

• Options
    She's at the meet. And will go along to oakland. She just isn't volunteering a lot, for some reason.

(Ooc: she is concerned this mission involves tracking down the dwarf underground and otherwise bringing fresh hell down on o-town and is inwardly debating how to handle it, and is thus being a bit withdrawn)

• Options
    "I'd imagine your presence might help some, if we took a day trip." responding to Tantrum

Bauta stands up and walks toward Dumah

"Lone Star should have a schedule of their patrols on their terminal. Would you be able to get into their system?"

• Options
    "Hard to say. Opsec is only as good as the person. Best play is probably find a sgt. with a shitty personal 'link when we get closer."

• Options
    When we get closer = to oakland or to a LoneStar Hq?

• Options
    Also a good reason to poke at Dumah is she's likely the only one of you to have any clue about what exactly makes this dwarf so valuable.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Breach looks to over to Dumah, "What's the deal with this dwarf anyway? What's so important about Funranium Labs?"

Now THAT is a good point. Spill Johnny, spill...

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    "A red team run into a lone star hq to get a patrol schedule is like breaking into a bank for pens, way easier to target an officer or a car...if it was me, I'd patrol it with drones... But drones probably cost more than bullies with GEDs...
    what DO I know about the du that I should/could be sharing

• Options
    @JohnnyCache
    You know pretty much what you can gleam from the website - Since steins like that aren't anything special right now, this guy specialized in making really good coffee. From real beans.

• Options
    "Well, this...this doesn't really make that much sense...as far as being paydata...but in the old days, the silicon valley was obsessed with high end coffee. From a coffee plant, not a soy bean. And Funariun made some of the best and strongest.

I don't get it myself, brewing in liquid form caffiene you could just synth and snort, but it was a bit of an obsession for all the techheads back when. Probably the most fun their corporate overlords would let them have..."

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Did I miss something IC? Is there any reason our characters would know Dumah knows something about the dwarf ?

As said may have missed something

Re: breach suddenly asking Dumah

Egos on
  • Options
    Dumah's portion of the legwork was to do the matrix research on the dwarf and Funranium Labs...

• Options
    so this part? or was there something else I missed
    "Thanks for the food, Havisham. I'll get to work on my end. I'll leave cyberspace to Dumah, I'm sure she can pull up more than we need. I can get to work on the physical legwork in casing this lab and popping in to see what's inside. Bauta, wanna join me?"

• Options
    "Makes sense to me." Tantrum leans back against a railing, looking up at the sky. "Some fuckers got more money than they know what to do with. Missing their fix. Real crew don't want their time wasted. 'Oh look, a team of lovable losers who ain't got no standing. Even if they screw this shit to hell: Funny.'" She looks back at the others. "Or there's some secret bullshit conspiracy. Don't make a lick of difference to me. Do the job, get paid, get more jobs."

• Options
    "Frost isn't here. So we don't have the luxury of drones." addressing Dumah's earlier statement "What piece of equipment would you need specifically to tap into their system? referring to Lone Star