Options

[Heroes of the Storm] There is no new hero, ONLY XUL.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    I haven't played Zeratul in a long time, but it appears I still got the touch. also, Shadow Assault is awesome
    YzyyCW8.png

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Hopped on tonight for the first time in about a week. I had just intended to play a few bot games to clear my quest log, but @WingedWeasel invited me to a party and we played a game before I had to go. I have to say that I like new Li-Ming just as much as the old Li-Ming. The loss of EoJ felt strange at first, but now it seems like Triuvirate actually works, so that's actually really fun. I still think Diamond Skin needs toned down a bit, as does her siege damage in the early game, but over all, I think she's in a good spot. Even with the nerfs, I still think she's actually my favorite assassin -- she's up there with Tychus, for sure, and that's saying a lot. I know he doesn't get a lot of attention anymore, but god damn, do I loves me some Tychus.

I feel like even with all her nerfs, she's still OP and pumps out way too much damage. She either needs to be a lot squishier or her damage needs to be toned down.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Or her range.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Three Hero League losses in a row tonight. Got a level 20 Raynor that died 10 fucking times in one game, a Muradin that died 10 times in another, and a team that threw away our early lead in the last.

Man, what's with these shit quality games I've been gett--

Oh. It's Saturday night. It's the fucking weekend. Goddammit.

Also I checked hotslogs after and there was a HUGE MMR discrepancy between me and my teammates. My HL MMR is ~2600, and I was getting paired with dudes who had ~1600-1700. That's fucked.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Oh. It's Saturday night. It's the fucking weekend. Goddammit.

Fu...

*fires up Cities: Skylines*

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Breaking News:

Li-Ming's upgraded Laser-Dick is the best thing ever

shryke on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    @Dibby - At least you have a chance to queue with people roughly around your skill level. If I wanted to play HL, my current ranking is 38.

• Options
    Holy shit, wtf MM?

How do I end up in a game with 3 tanks against a team with 1 tank and all assassins and zagara?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I think I'm finally starting to get Johanna

It seems that Doing It Right is when you end up at like, 1 HP in a fight, and STILL do not die, and your squishy tanks either escape or murder a dude because of it. You are there to stun & slow people, to be a lot of hit points, and to basically be like "No. No, do not fucking do the thing."

She is pretty good against LiMing when she takes Spell Shield in that way. LiMing tries to pelt her from a distance and Jo is like "blessed shield condemn STOP THAT STOP THAT STOP THAT LIMING"

Jo also has a tiny hit box, which is also amazing against li ming

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    @Dibby - At least you have a chance to queue with people roughly around your skill level. If I wanted to play HL, my current ranking is 38.

It's cool it will only take you like 100 games of consistent carrying to dig you out of that hole.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

It's cool it will only take you like 100 games of consistent carrying to dig you out of that hole.

Unless the game determines your MMR is higher than where you placed in the rankings. I finally got around to finishing my placement matches after hitting rank 9 before the wipe (happily playing QM this whole time). I placed at 25 after a string of crappy placement matches. I'm currently getting 300+ points per win and ranking up 1.5-2 levels. Same thing happened to my buddy whose points started to level off closer to 100 per win when he hit rank 12.

The game fast tracks you to where it thinks you should be based on your MMR.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    I'm going to promise myself not to do anymore late night Saturday matches. The very worst players and personas seem to be on this time.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Also I checked hotslogs after and there was a HUGE MMR discrepancy between me and my teammates. My HL MMR is ~2600, and I was getting paired with dudes who had ~1600-1700***. That's fucked.

*** based on data either manually uploaded or from others who have uploaded an incomplete portion of their games

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    *** based on data either manually uploaded or from others who have uploaded an incomplete portion of their games

I encourage you to do an analysis of how accurate hotslogs is. The average team MMRs are almost always within 100 points, and there are usually similar patterns such as if 1 team has a low MMR player, the other team does, too.

Here's the thing - hotlogs may not have every match you've played but it should have roughly the same number of missing wins and losses. Even if you don't upload your matches, only 1 out of the 9 other players needs to. Over the course of many games that averages out so it's accurate. I haven't gotten the sense that people try to game their hotslogs mmr by only uploading wins because there really doesn't seem to be a point.

If you'd like some data to review, here's 409 HL matches and 978 QM matches you can look at: http://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=4065049

Supagoat on
    bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Last night I had a crazy 33 minute game on Spider Queen. Remember the proposed match maker changes? Our team was:

Abathur (Me), Murky, Leoric, Li-Li, Li-Ming
    vs
    Valla, Tyrael, Morales, Leoric, Thrall

I hadn't had success with hat build early on in my Abathuring so I'd been going for a locust build (sometimes mines on BHB) ever since, but I've had a ton of success with hat build on Towers Of Doom (Where locusts are worthless) so I decided to go for that here.

Holy cow what a match. The other team had the edge in team fights. Our Li-Li was so-so and positioned too far forward, so a number of times Tyrael Judged her and the rest of the team pounced and she went down in an instant. I went for clone because I always do, but in that comp who do I clone? I settled on Leo and my MO was to dive Morales. That made 1 of 2 things happen: Either she'd turn around and run away out of the fight, or the entire team would focus me and give my teammates a chance for some free damage.

Anyway, this game went back and forth so much. Both teams had core damage. Both teams had MULE, but I think their Morales forgot to use it a bunch while I was able to heal ours back up to 100%. We got spiders, pushed to core, but they were able to stop us from destroying it. They were too busy defending to make a dive on our core, so we were able to resurrect. There was a team fight mid where 3 of them were dead and I think 1 or none of us, so then we pushed for their core... Getting there maybe 10 seconds before they started resurrecting. We got the shields down, I cloned Leo and helped do some work on it and we just pulled it off before they wiped us. It was an intense and immensely even matched game and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edit: And of course I topped all the stats for my team. :-) Go Slug!

Supagoat on
  • Options
    So should I upload to hotslogs?

I don't care too much but I'm kinda curious.

I play a ton of AI games.
    There's a way to filter those out, right?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

pretty sure there is still a manual upload option so you can always just only upload your "real" games and ignore the vs. AI ones. not sure if it filters for AI games automatically.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Hotslogs ignores/rejects AI games.

I find it to be a really handy resource to analyze my performance on various heroes and over time. It's also nice to have a 6 game losing streak and then be able to scroll down and look at the 8 game winning streak I had. Also to be able to see my MMR go up week over week so I don't feel the bite of losses as much. I know that I have more wins than losses, and continue to do so.

Supagoat on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Yes, you should. I don't care too much either but it's interesting to see. Honestly Hotslogs only confirmed what I already knew: Brightwing is my strongest character, I am a filthy casual, I really suck at Zagara, I am slowly improving with Johanna, Thrall, & Reghar.

I actually think it doesn't even look at AI games. It only shows Quick Match, Hero League, and Team League.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    It is an valuable tool for assessing personal growth, for sure

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    my hotslogs chart is always as follows. It goes up a bunch when I play in groups with PA people, then tanks super fast when I play a bunch with pugs.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Also I checked hotslogs after and there was a HUGE MMR discrepancy between me and my teammates. My HL MMR is ~2600, and I was getting paired with dudes who had ~1600-1700***. That's fucked.

I'm not sure that this is a valid methodological concern. When you upload to HotSLogs you necessarily upload the data for 9 other people, half of whom won and half of whom lost. Even if all you did was upload your own wins, beyond a certain sample you will be unable to skew your MMR. And that is all you would be able to do - people who don't try to skew their own results are dependent upon others to do the uploading, which means that their sample would likely be more representative, not less.

• Options
    God, if I only played on weekends I think I would hate this game.

Weekend groups are so goddamn awful.

• Options

Yes, you should. I don't care too much either but it's interesting to see. Honestly Hotslogs only confirmed what I already knew: Brightwing is my strongest character, I am a filthy casual, I really suck at Zagara, I am slowly improving with Johanna, Thrall, & Reghar.

I actually think it doesn't even look at AI games. It only shows Quick Match, Hero League, and Team League.

These are the stats it has for me. They didn't change after I uploaded my 1000+ replays, meaning I guess it gathered all the data from other people uploading.

I don't HL very much at all.
    Maybe I should practice there more?

General Information
    Team League Platinum * (Current MMR: 2533)
    Hero League Bronze * (Current MMR: 1417)
    Quick Match Platinum 25868 (Current MMR: 2311)

Sub Role Games Played Win Percent
    Siege 389 56.0 %
    Bruiser 132 53.0 %
    Sustained Damage 97 50.5 %
    Tank 293 46.4 %
    Utility 161 45.3 %
    Support 56 44.6 %
    Ambusher 12 41.7 %
    Burst Damage 27 33.3 %
    Healer 19 31.6 %

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

pretty sure there is still a manual upload option so you can always just only upload your "real" games and ignore the vs. AI ones. not sure if it filters for AI games automatically.

...there's a non-manual upload?!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »

...there's a non-manual upload?!

Yeah you can download an app and just leave it running, it will automatically upload your HotS replays to the site.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Account/Upload

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Oh, so despite my 3 HL losses last night I actually had some really impressive plays during one game.

So, Towers of Doom. Enemy Team Comp is Diablo, Zagara, Anub'arak, Li Li, Jaina.

Our Team Comp is Li-Ming, Rehgar, Raynor, Stitches. I am last pick. I think for a sec, and pick Tyrael, realizing that Sanc is probably going to save a ton of lives.

I was fucking right. Diablo would open with Apoc (or Zagara with Maw), Jaina would follow up with Ring of Frost/combo... The number of times I negated all of that with excellently timed Sancs was incredible.

Too bad my teammates were idiots and we still lost the game. But hey, maybe I'll record some gifs later, cause that shit was dope.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Murky on the enemy team as Li Ming is the dream. Holy shit that was a lot of damage.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Murky on the enemy team as Li Ming is the dream. Holy shit that was a lot of damage.

I love that you can blow your ult on Murky and it's a good move.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    From the other side, you can entirely waste all of Li-Ming's cooldowns with a well-timed bubble and then octograb ends her life.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    PING = 267 MS
    SITE = Singapore

W
    T
    F

• Options

Yeah it's pretty stupid. They need to do something with Murky, because he can die to a single arcane orb, and it doesn't even have to travel very far. He's been too squishy ever since the scaling changes, IMHO. If he's going to die that often, then he needs to do way more damage/CC, or his HP needs a buff. A 5-second respawn timer just doesn't work anymore, especially when you have a still-OP reset hero running around who can kill him constantly.

• Options
    From the other side, you can entirely waste all of Li-Ming's cooldowns with a well-timed bubble and then octograb ends her life.

You just gotta be patient. Start throwing out the missiles and orb, wait through the bubble then laser-dick and it's over.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    my current way of dealing with Li-Ming:

> be Johanna
    > angrily walk up to her and start stunning her a lot, hope the rest of my team gets a clue and helps here

it doesn't always work :|

*e* saying "fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you" while doing this doesn't help, but it might make you feel better

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    Fucking SA Zeratul has been the real bane of my existence as Li-Ming in most games.

And for some reason they are fucking everywhere this week even though he's not in the free rotation.

• Options
    Yeah, those two things are not unrelated. It's the same reason I've been queuing almost exclusively as Thrall.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Man, Rehgar and Cho'gall.

I had a really good Cho'gall team earlier when I was playing Rehgar and he maximizes that lightning shield to the fullest. We were routinely wiping out 2-3 heroes a shot. I was tempted to get bloodlust but their setup had a lot of dps, so I went with ancestral.

Get the lightning shield upgrade for AOE and Cho'galls massive frame really cover a LOT of ground.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Fucking SA Zeratul has been the real bane of my existence as Li-Ming in most games.

And for some reason they are fucking everywhere this week even though he's not in the free rotation.

I've found good Illidan play to be similar.

For every person looking to "git gud" with Li Ming, there's 3-4 looking to do the same with regards to killing her ass.

Now I'm not going to outright tell you which side of the fence I'm on... but you know what's a great way to describe a Li-Ming that thinks she can get away with repeatedly split-pushing vs an Illidan using the Hunt?
    NOT PREPARED!!!

But seriously though, it kept happening.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    God, I fucking hate playing against Morales. It's the same bullshit that I hated about Illidan: you stop playing HotS, you start playing "how do we not lose the game because of this one character's presence". I'll see teams with four fucking melee characters (if you count Greymane) saying we shouldn't be diving Morales. It's like, well, what the fuck are we going to do then? Just stand there doing literally nothing while they take every objective? You CAN kill someone through Morales' healing, sure, if it's a 2v5. But my team is like, nah, let's just sit here and whack away at Thrall and Sonya who are literally never below 75% health, this is fine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Morales is a character you can deal with in many ways but like basically anything in HOTS, some comps are just better then others. And if they have a good comp for fronting for Morales and you don't have a good comp for killing her through that, you are at a disadvantage. Such is the nature of QM.

The game is definitely getting more characters that require a change in how you play to deal with them (in certain comps anyway). But that seems to me to be a good thing. Adds diversity to the experience.

That + random comps though can fuck you sometimes.

shryke on
This discussion has been closed.