Options

[Heroes of the Storm] There is no new hero, ONLY XUL.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've been seeing Illidans mostly going Marked for Death at 4 which is an interesting shift from Immolate (generally considered one the best talents in his tree) because the meta has just shifted to burst so much. I still generally see First Aid instead of Follow Through because First Aid is real real good, but it's still interesting to see some other stuff going on there.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Marked for Death is still not a great choice, imo. Yes, it gives you a crit, but it resets your autoattacks and you shouldn't be spamming Dive anyway.

Similarly, Follow Through for the same reason, you don't want to spam your abilities as Illidan. Also because First Aid is really really good and you kinda need the survivability.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Marked for Death is still not a great choice, imo. Yes, it gives you a crit, but it resets your autoattacks and you shouldn't be spamming Dive anyway.

You're not spamming dive, though. You dive once to engage and once again to chase after they use an escape/get peel. It relies less about ToT to get the damage in like Immolate does and gets your damage in NOW, which is what the burst meta asks for. You're not looking to maximize your DPS over the long run by weaving in dives properly with your autoattacks or whatever, you're just concerned with "okay how much damage can I do within the space of 4 seconds starting from half a screen away from them."

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Also Regen Master at has a 5% higher winrate than Shadowshield, granted the sampling is 250 games vs 10,000 but I figure it's worth a try.

ed- Also Marked for Death + Follow Through = 140% on the next attack after the dive.

Second Sweep at 16 also has a high winrate. Interesting, yes quite.

I guess in this burst meta (plus his buff) it's just that important to get the kill that staying alive is secondary.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    This is exciting! I've basically not done more than give Li-Ming's talents more than a cursory view so it's going to be fun to try out different builds tonight.

I don't understand how teleport build could be successful until very late in the game, but I'm curious to give it a shot!

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Supagoat wrote: »
    This is exciting! I've basically not done more than give Li-Ming's talents more than a cursory view so it's going to be fun to try out different builds tonight.

I don't understand how teleport build could be successful until very late in the game, but I'm curious to give it a shot!

Teleport build starts to actually be usable at 13 once you grab Illusionist. Prior to Illusionist, the range is just really, really short. Either way, Teleport is pretty much just used as a finisher at this point. If you can be safe with it, sure, but otherwise save it for kills.

Once you get Diamond Skin you can be aggressive as all hell with your Teleports. Assuming you're not being dumb and Teleporting into the entire enemy team and eating 1000 stuns, go nuts. Diamond Skin makes you virtually unkillable assuming normal circumstances and smart play.

Side note, Teleport build is actually quite proficient at lane clearing. Not like it really matters since Li-Ming has ridiculous siege potential anyway, but Teleport is great for clearing waves. Also, Teleport build is the only build that can clear Zagara creep (Calamity, anyway). Something to keep in mind.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Tried my first Li-Ming game. I went for teleport build since it was largely unaffected by the changes so I figured it'd come out the strongest. I didn't have the highest damage on our team but I only died once and still did plenty of damage. She still feels pretty bonkers to me.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that last game.

It's BoE. They have Stiches and Vikings and we have Artanis as our tank and the rest is the usual mix you'd expect this week.

We are losing steadily most of the game. Not hard, but just gradual. We lose all keeps, core is down to 73%.

They keep trying to rush the core, especially their Zag and their fucking Play Again Vikings.

It's down to 30% after the big rush but we kill about half of them.

We hold out for 4 more immortals like this. We didn't even have both forts down and even though we were getting the immortals, we couldn't push because we had to keep sending people back in desperate defence and we couldn't afford to wipe by pushing too hard.

The core is at 9 fucking percent for the last like 8 minutes of the game.

The 4th immortal we get as our shaman pushes down the top keep. We push bot and start taking their last keep as they all respawn. The keep goes down, the immortal starts on the core but our Artanis over-extends and we lose 3 people. Me and Zagara flee, and I make it out with like 50 health just teleporting out of disintegrate range in time. We run back to defend. Thankfully, they can't push right away since they have to kill the immortal first.

Their core is now at 40%, ours still at 9% and the lanes are pushing hard on our core since Vikings keep pushing them and we can't really afford to spend time pushing them back and maybe getting ganked.

We get a 5v2 at our core, Zagara manages to catch Stiches and Greymane in a Maw, I blow up the Vikings and survive only because our Raynor respawns at the perfect time and drops Hyperion for that bit of extra damage. We take out Stitches and Greymane and I manage to blow up the last catapults right as the shield drops. We push the core as 5 and win the game at some ridiculous post 30 minute mark with our core having been almost dead for ages now.

Such a damn great game.

• Options
    edited February 2016

Teleport build starts to actually be usable at 13 once you grab Illusionist. Prior to Illusionist, the range is just really, really short. Either way, Teleport is pretty much just used as a finisher at this point. If you can be safe with it, sure, but otherwise save it for kills.

Once you get Diamond Skin you can be aggressive as all hell with your Teleports. Assuming you're not being dumb and Teleporting into the entire enemy team and eating 1000 stuns, go nuts. Diamond Skin makes you virtually unkillable assuming normal circumstances and smart play.

Side note, Teleport build is actually quite proficient at lane clearing. Not like it really matters since Li-Ming has ridiculous siege potential anyway, but Teleport is great for clearing waves. Also, Teleport build is the only build that can clear Zagara creep (Calamity, anyway). Something to keep in mind.

This is one of the biggest reasons I think Teleport build is the best. There's so many maps where being able to blow up tons of tiny things or face-tank a bit is a big asset and Orb and Magic Missile don't do that very well overall.

Calamity + Diamond Skin really let's you clear minion waves and mercenaries and shrine skeletons and shit like that easily, which is something Li-Ming can often struggle with otherwise.

Also it's way more fun and great for securing kills.

shryke on
  • Options

You're not spamming dive, though. You dive once to engage and once again to chase after they use an escape/get peel. It relies less about ToT to get the damage in like Immolate does and gets your damage in NOW, which is what the burst meta asks for. You're not looking to maximize your DPS over the long run by weaving in dives properly with your autoattacks or whatever, you're just concerned with "okay how much damage can I do within the space of 4 seconds starting from half a screen away from them."

The problem with giving up Immolate is it hurts you alot in every other aspect of the game. Immolate is the reason Illidan and wave-clear and merc really well.

• Options
    Played a game as Li-Ming post nerfs. Yeah, she's still good, of course she was gonna be. You no longer get free damage from W+Q, but it's fine, Ess was broken. Landing Q isn't particularly difficult anyway, but it's definitely noticeable.

Honestly though? The bigger thing for me was the Astral Presence nerf. Like, you run out of mana now, you actually have to back. That is a good thing. Li-Ming no longer has this ridiculous lane presence, she can no longer just sit in lane forever. I still do think Astral Presence is worth taking, though. It has a different usage, however. Instead of giving you infinite mana and lane sustain, it's now for teamfights. It guarantees that you'll at least always be able to cast something, and I think there's value there. I'm still not really a big fan of her other talents, but Power Hungry actually might be worth looking at now. Might try it out.

Triumvirate reportedly still not worth taking. It apparently doesn't quite always work, either there's a bug there or... yeah, I dunno, something's weird with it though. Which is fine, Dominance is honestly legitimately really good. Li-Ming is now more survivable than ever, because she has both Diamond Skin AND Dominance working in her favor.

She is definitely going to need some more nerfs down the line, but this was a good start.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Haven't had a chance to play today, but glad to hear that the Li-Ming nerf is neither too hot nor too cold.

• Options
    Played a game as Li-Ming post nerfs. Yeah, she's still good, of course she was gonna be. You no longer get free damage from W+Q, but it's fine, Ess was broken. Landing Q isn't particularly difficult anyway, but it's definitely noticeable.

Honestly though? The bigger thing for me was the Astral Presence nerf. Like, you run out of mana now, you actually have to back. That is a good thing. Li-Ming no longer has this ridiculous lane presence, she can no longer just sit in lane forever. I still do think Astral Presence is worth taking, though. It has a different usage, however. Instead of giving you infinite mana and lane sustain, it's now for teamfights. It guarantees that you'll at least always be able to cast something, and I think there's value there. I'm still not really a big fan of her other talents, but Power Hungry actually might be worth looking at now. Might try it out.

Triumvirate reportedly still not worth taking. It apparently doesn't quite always work, either there's a bug there or... yeah, I dunno, something's weird with it though. Which is fine, Dominance is honestly legitimately really good. Li-Ming is now more survivable than ever, because she has both Diamond Skin AND Dominance working in her favor.

She is definitely going to need some more nerfs down the line, but this was a good start.

Yeah, you definitely feel the mana issues now.

I also gotta agree that I don't find any of the lvl 1 talents all that impressive now. I'm trying out Power Hungry vs Force Armor to see which I like better.

Ess being gone I honestly don't even notice. And Dominance has saved my ass on several occasions, so that's been nice. Probably raised the skill floor but didn't make a huge difference for people who can land magic missiles most of the time except in that you don't get a bullshit interrupt.

Triumvirate I think still works as it always did which means it always feels bugged. The problem afaik is that it does the "65% of it's max range" calculation based off the middle of the orb, not the edge. Which means it feels like the orb moves alot further then it has since the edge hits at a long range but the game says the orb hasn't travelled that far since by that point the orb is huge and the edge is actually moving faster then the centre.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Oh my god, hahaha. I just played a HL match with the most amazing Stitches on my team. Here's the scenario. Teamfight breaking out at the bottom Terror on Garden of Terror. Enemy Falstad Gusts us away, we start a re-engage. Enemy Nazeebo splits us, Enemy Zeratul decides to get in on my ass.

You Won't Believe What Happens Next!!!11

gfycat.com/CraftyUnluckyIlladopsis

Our Stitches is a god, basically. FROM DOWNTOWNNNN.

Also yes I discovered how to very easily record gifs from my replays and I have SO MANY PLANS. And for funsies, here's the scoreboard:
    CbeKd4iWIAAiThi.jpg:large

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    First game back trying out new Li Ming

BFtxJYo.png

Not amazing but she still felt really good to play and kicked some ass. Actually like taking the magic missiles debuff talent, it kicked in some surprising damage on subsequent hits.

Side note: Note the nice distribution of kills/assists on our team, we had some awesome teamwork going on on the Infernal Shrines map and every fight was pretty much everyone working together.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    It's not free Hammer week.

I have 2 hammers in my game.

Both take BFG.

Neither take the lvl 20 upgrade.

I ..... what???????

...because they took Nexus Frenzy, right? Whittle 'em down, then take the kill shot with BFG once they get out of range and think they're safe? No? It's not what I'd normally choose, but I could see that being pretty satisfying to play.

• Options
    I took Aether Walker last night and thought it was absolutely fantastic. It kept me alive so much, and since taking shield damage doesn't count as taking damage I was just free teleporting all over the place like a fool. And as a bonus it reduces mana usage so you have less need for astral presence.

I did run out of mana a couple times, but not more often than I would have with any other hero. Yes, one of those times was when there was a team fight going on so AP would have been helpful there, but I don't feel that she's special in that regard. She doesn't have infinite mana, but having never played a version of her that did, I don't feel like there's any issue.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Oh my god, hahaha. I just played a HL match with the most amazing Stitches on my team. Here's the scenario. Teamfight breaking out at the bottom Terror on Garden of Terror. Enemy Falstad Gusts us away, we start a re-engage. Enemy Nazeebo splits us, Enemy Zeratul decides to get in on my ass.

You Won't Believe What Happens Next!!!11

gfycat.com/CraftyUnluckyIlladopsis

Our Stitches is a god, basically. FROM DOWNTOWNNNN.

Also yes I discovered how to very easily record gifs from my replays and I have SO MANY PLANS. And for funsies, here's the scoreboard:

Sometimes people with the master Stitches skin have gotten good with the hook.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like playing Stiches in Towers of Doom
    Hook'm eat them and puke them up before the guns for a laugh

• Options

Oh, welp. Triumvirate interaction apparently confirmed as a bug, will get fixed. Neato.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Oh btw, last night my W wasn't registering at all.

It was pretty infuriating.
    Multiple times where it'd save my ass but nope. Had to slam it 2-3 times for it to register.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I realised today that I've only ever played two Assassins really, Thrall and Zerarul.

Time for some Li Ming!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    Don't know if it was the real one, but MFPallytime was on the enemy team. As I was trying the spin of friendship, nova ganked my lane and he killed me. There was no more spinning, and he did NOT have a fun game after that.

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Squatfurd wrote: »
    Don't know if it was the real one, but MFPallytime was on the enemy team. As I was trying the spin of friendship, nova ganked my lane and he killed me. There was no more spinning, and he did NOT have a fun game after that.

Pretty sure this guy: http://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=162043

Is the "real" MFPallyTime, given the sheer number of games played. If you check his match history and you show up, then it was him.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Squatfurd wrote: »

Pretty sure this guy: http://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=162043

Is the "real" MFPallyTime, given the sheer number of games played. If you check his match history and you show up, then it was him.

Yeah, Hengest is in most of his Hero League games. Unless the fake has a buddy with a Hengest account that seems legit.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    yeah, it was a phony. A filthy jerkbag phony.

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2co8X_Jd0

Apparently 5 supports has become pretty amazing???

• Options

Oh man, I saw a similar thread the other day about Kael'thas...

cOqOigx.png

-10%, oh nooooooo :(

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

Oh, welp. Triumvirate interaction apparently confirmed as a bug, will get fixed. Neato.

Cooldown reduction?

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    5 supports vs 5 specialists!!!

(Pretty sure the supports would win. Specialists FTL.)

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2co8X_Jd0

Apparently 5 supports has become pretty amazing???

It's not 5 supports, it's 4 supports and the best melee assassin in the game.

also holy lol stim drone on Kharazim with his E up.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

Cooldown reduction?

That's the talent where if the orb hits a hero, it shaves off like 6 or 7 seconds on the cooldown

• Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular

Cooldown reduction?

Cooldown reduction.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Ah. I'm not especially familiar with Li-Ming, couldn't place Triumvirate, and misunderstood. I was thinking maybe Arcane Orb's splash wasn't triggering Critical Mass if Triumvirate was chosen.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Some cool fanart the facebook page shared:
    tq5j5Ne.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    One of those really frustrating nights where I think I played pretty well, dominated the score charts, and still lost all 4 games. Even more frustratingly I've suffered three or 4 evenings in a row of this and have gone from Rank 31 to 40.

Also today I had a rank 48 on my team. What's up with that, I thought 40 was the lowest.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Spaffy wrote: »
    One of those really frustrating nights where I think I played pretty well, dominated the score charts, and still lost all 4 games. Even more frustratingly I've suffered three or 4 evenings in a row of this and have gone from Rank 31 to 40.

Also today I had a rank 48 on my team. What's up with that, I thought 40 was the lowest.

Nah, 50 is the lowest.

Edit: You can't lose ranks below 40 but you can start as low as 50. It's like how in Hearthstone you start at 25 but can't fall past 20.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    5 supports vs 5 specialists!!!

(Pretty sure the supports would win. Specialists FTL.)

That's because Xul isn't out yet. Otherwise, specialists would win. Because necromancer.
    I really hope he is awesome.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
This discussion has been closed.