As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    How does Aerith's Planet Protector compare to Advance? I don't have any Advances on my RW list right now, but I do have a Planet Protector available.

Or I could just bring a level 80 Cloud with Blade Beam for some big damage on a RW?

I find if i'm really trying to get advance I can just run a quick 3-4 stamina dungeon somewhere to cycle the RW's and see if it comes up.

I think Advance is 150% attack boost but i'm not sure what Planet Protector is, only that it's not as much.

I think Advance is 200, and Planet Protector is 150.

I use Planet Protector if I happen to have several characters with physical, multi-target or multi-hit SSBs, or if spellblades are the answer.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Advance is +150% Attack, Planet Protector is +50%. The most Cloud will do is 9999x3 if impeccably geared; you can do that much damage in a few retaliated activations of Double Cut. There's really no alternative to Advance for an Advantaliate strategy.

Fabul Castle normal stage 1 is 1 stamina, one wave with two enemies. Run that to reset your RW list. If you haven't got enough people with Advance on it, go here to find some more.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Definitely bring Protectga, and maybe even Drawtaliate, for Yunalesca. Her attack eats buffs.

Advance is 150%, PP is 50%. You can cycle RWs by running the first stage of Fabul Castle for 1 stamina. There are several people with Advance as a RW who post on PA, plus there's a spreadsheet on ffrk Reddit with friend codes.

Also, it's Power black Tuesday, drop everything that can wait a day and get in there. Best way to strengthen your team. 12 more MPOs and I can complete the stupid quests in my log.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah... I don't think I'm gonna get this done with a Retaliate strategy. I did better with just a standard balanced party of magic, healers, physical and all that. Of course, I only got Expert with that. But I'm not even finishing with Retaliate. I cycled my RW list and got Advance. With Advance up Auron is hitting for about 5500 per attack. But I'm also unable to complete the battle. At around 20%, she casts a move that is confusing my whole party, and it does a whole bunch of damage too. More than I can handle.

I dunno what I'm gonna do for the 140 Yunalesca.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It doesn't matter what your party is if she AoE confuses you. Hope she does Hellbiter right after.

• Options
    The problem is, the fight has run long enough that by the time she hits me with that AoE confuse nuke, it usually kills a couple people. It hits hard and I'm not sure if it's physical or magic. I've been refreshing my Shellga and Protectga during phase 2, but by the time phase 3 rolls around people are still pretty low.

• Options
    When Sunday rolls around I'm gonna hit the EXP + dungeon extremely hard with my main party of MC2 dudes. I need levels. That much is apparent to me.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    I think I may just call exdeath a bust. I'd like to get Ricard's RM to prep for Yunalesca, so I may just focus on getting that, then doing the FFX event.

The only advice I can give if you don't have a native SG/SS2 like me is to try a triple black mage party since you don't have advance on Cloud anyway.
    I did need 3 R4 and 1 R3 'ja spell, but i also didn't have great soul breaks on my casters.

I don't have enough orbs for that, unfortunately. I've only got 1 R3, and 2 R2s. I don't even have Blizzaja crafted yet. Which is a shame, because with a 74 Rinoa, 65 Vivi and 65 Lulu, my Black Mage game is strong.

Maybe if you manage to squeeze Mana's Paean in there somehow you can make 'Ga spells work as well. I didn't have use any +mag buffs in my run.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Rats only expert on Exdeath (Ultimate), didn't get lucky with a blizzard reflect, ah well, I'll take the accessory and the completion orbs and maybe try again a bit later today.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Oh hey! A magic pot!

... 4 star item...

Yep, it's a normal Tuesday.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The problem is, the fight has run long enough that by the time she hits me with that AoE confuse nuke, it usually kills a couple people. It hits hard and I'm not sure if it's physical or magic. I've been refreshing my Shellga and Protectga during phase 2, but by the time phase 3 rolls around people are still pretty low.

It's Magic; the problem is anyone she hits with her basic attack gets haste/protect/shell wiped off.

• Options
    Man, the Red Dragons in Tuesdaily+ are no joke. My level 59 Rinoa with a mastered Cardinal that has +7 Augment still needs a +MAG% RM to one-shot them with Ruinga.

• Options
    I see you guys talking about Ruinaga quite a bit. I only have it at rank 1, so I only have two casts. But I'm not impressed by it. I know it's non-elemental so Null/Resist isn't as big of an issue. But the damage seems pretty terrible. I'd rather just pack my Quake spell and then single-target burst anything that lives through the quake.

But yeah, those dragons are no joke. Their AoE flare skill is nasty.

• Options
    Ruinga does more base damage than Quake.

• Options
    Ha nice! Decided to do another quick round at Exdeath (Ultimate) and this time he used all three magics, got the Champion!

Party comp:

Cloud (78): Tempo Flurry R5 / Retaliate R5 (Self Sacrifice)
    Lenna (51): Protectga R2 / Reflect R2 (Double hit)
    Y'shtola (64): Shellga R2 / Curaga R5 (Oath of Tycoon)
    Tyro (65): Magic Lure R1 / Double Cut R3 (Dr. Mog's Teachings)
    Red XIII (51): Full Break R1 / Double Cut R4 (Thief's Code)
    RW: Advance

Basically same as others have run but since my synergy was not very good I decided to equip The Candle Rod on Lenna, and Esthar Bracers on Y'shtola to give them both some AoE heals. That plus the Regen on Lenna kept my HP up with some spot heals from Y'shtola now and again on big single target hits.

On my first kill I took Magic Breakdown instead of Fullbreak but the rest of the mitigation was solid enough I felt that losing the 18% was worth the increase in damage I got from having his Armor broken a bit. Plus it also lessened the physical hits a bit more.

As a plus he also dropped a Major Dark Orb!

Pics below:
    QkRn2F0.pngGmeFeat.pngBtzVsGD.png

final shot there is Cloud about to use Blade Beam just to make sure. I had to hold out an extra turn for Exdeath to use Blizzard for the win condition.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Quake is a 5.6 modifier, Ruinga is a 5.9.

Lucascraft you might want to spend a few minutes flipping through http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf; it has a lot of useful info about ability multipliers, percentages and durations.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fat Chocobo apparently isn't too bad.
    Fat Chocobo: 440 Potency x 2 hits = 880 potency.
    Quake: 560
    Ruinga: 590
    Valefor/Maduin: 960 (Future buff: 480 x 2 hits)
    Meteor: 900

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Lost Y'shtola right at the end, but still got Champion. Ultimate Exdeath is done.

Phew.

Shamus on
  • Options
    Been farming Tuesdaily+ all day, so far I've gotten 2 Major Power Orbs and a decent scattering of greaters. This would absolutely suck without my Rinoa + Ruinga, though.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    That Thunder Rod from FFVI + Terra + Ruinga means Tuesdaily+ is suuuuuper easy.

I am no longer upset that I pulled that Rod.

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »

Isn't Tuesdaily FFIV synergy though?

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Since there's three hours left until he disappears, I'm considering whether or not I should take on Ultimate Exdeath. My 4* abilities and hones are still pretty nonexistent DPS wise, so it would absolutely have to be with a Lureflect strat, and probably an advantaliate or draw-vantaliate on top of that. I don't have Full Break yet, and I'd have to craft Magic Lure which would take precious 4* orbs I'd rather use to make and hone other skills right now.

I do have great FFV synergy gear, so it's not totally out of the question, but with only Steal Power and Magic Breakdown (and Protectga/Shellga) and no natural Wall, I feel like he'd rip me to shreds if he did even a few AoEs. I don't even know if I'd have all the ability slots I need, and I don't have Double Attack RM or either of the start-with-an-SB-bar RM yet.

Seven Major Orbs would be worth the investment, but I feel like I'd only get the First Time rewards if that. I think I'm going to let it go.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Rius I just did Ultimate ExDeath and got Mastery (my second kill, first one he killed people right before the last attack costing me Mastery)

My setup was below.

P Cecil lvl 65 with Protectga (Rank 2) and Magic Lure (Rank 2). Double Hit RM on him. I only needed Rank 1 Magic Lure but I was being cautious.
    Tyro lvl 65 with Double Cut (Rank 5) and Magic Breakdown (Rank 2). Haste RM. He does NOT have Sentinel's Grimoire.
    Cloud lvl 69 with Tempo Flurry (Rank 5) and Retaliate (Rank 5). He was using Kotetsu (Gilgamesh's Sword) a Thornlet (5 star hat from FF5) and Omega Badge (5 star accessory). He had Katana Master as his RM.
    Lenna lvl 55 with Shellga (Rank 2) and Renewing Cure (Rank 5). Dr. Mog's Teachings as her RM. Main thing here was having an AoE Heal for a SB option. I used a Healing Rod from FF9.
    Celes lvl 55 with Double Cut (Rank 4) and Reflect (Rank 2). Haste RM. She only needed one use of Reflect so Rank 1 would've been fine.

I only mention Cloud and Lenna's equipment as the rest was basically useless. I loaded them with as much RES as I could find as his magic hurt with just Shellga and Magic Breakdown.

I should've swapped my Double Cuts since Tyro has to use Magic Breakdown and Celes only has to cast reflect once.

I used Advance as my RW.

Cloud was hitting for around 6k per hit from the retaliates. I think Lenna could've gotten by WITHOUT Dr. Mog's Teachings and using Curaga or Curaja instead. The regen does almost nothing from Renewing Cure and she needed more heal output. Lenna charged one SB by herself and had the one from the RM but I only used one. The fight was a decent amount of S/L in phase 1 due to his usage of AoEs and Dispel.

You have to make sure Ice, Fire, and Thunder get reflected. You'll loose 2 dmg medals and 1 actions medal most likely doing this so you can't afford to not meet the other criteria if you want Mastery.

If I would've had a native Wall, or Haste/Protect/Shell relic it would've been a lot easier, but it's doable with just the spells and an AoE Heal relic. It just takes time and some S/L.

Cirira on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Ultimate Yunalesca down and Mastered! Either I was much luckier or she's considerably easier than ex death. MindBlast is the new dispell but can be much more recoverable depending on her next actions and who gets confused.

Gilgamesh (draw fire/retaliate) Dragoons Determination
    Celes (Firaga blade/double strike) Zeal
    Tyro (protectaga/Tempo mcflurry) Dr. Mog advice[SG]
    Yuna (Curaga/curaja) double hit
    Sazh (Full break/armor break) Mako might [Boon]
    RW advance

Held off on SG till the second phase but got taunadvatalate up as soon as possible. Holy is about the only tank buster attack and I only saw that come up thrice. MindBlast hit Gili, Yuna and Celes and Tyro was blind. Absorb woke up Celes who woke up Yuna by luck and Sazh got Gili up.

Not sure if confuse resets ret, the ready animation was gone but it was simple to get that up and running again. Also not sure how close it was to holy-all when she fell but I only saw two megadeaths.

One medal lost on actions and another on damage. A lot of good X defensive gear was used and a 5* X Dagger. Def is nice but Res is critical for surviving holy.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    oh, nice, there's a thread just for FFRK.

Got Wakka's MC2, don't feel like beating my head against +++ or Ult, so I'm trying to get caught up with dungeons. I uh, just unlocked Gaulf, to give an idea of how far back I am. Fortunately I have all characters / MC / MC2s released so far, but I fear that in the future they're going to start requiring you master the dungeons for the MC2s, so I'm trying to get gud, fast.

KiTA on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Ultimate Yunalesca down and Mastered! Either I was much luckier or she's considerably easier than ex death. MindBlast is the new dispell but can be much more recoverable depending on her next actions and who gets confused.

RW advance

Held off on SG till the second phase but got taunadvatalate up as soon as possible. Holy is about the only tank buster attack and I only saw that come up thrice. MindBlast hit Gili, Yuna and Celes and Tyro was blind. Absorb woke up Celes who woke up Yuna by luck and Sazh got Gili up.

Not sure if confuse resets ret, the ready animation was gone but it was simple to get that up and running again. Also not sure how close it was to holy-all when she fell but I only saw two megadeaths.

One medal lost on actions and another on damage. A lot of good X defensive gear was used and a 5* X Dagger. Def is nice but Res is critical for surviving holy.

I found her a lot easier. I went in without Tyro (so Y'shtola couldn't Medica) and loaded up with Magic Breaks (which are useless, and I knew that, and I'm an idiot) and I still got her on the second try. I didn't taunt, and I'm not sure it would it have made it a lot easier. It feels like Holy is the big fuck you of this battle.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »

RW advance

I found her a lot easier. I went in without Tyro (so Y'shtola couldn't Medica) and loaded up with Magic Breaks (which are useless, and I knew that, and I'm an idiot) and I still got her on the second try. I didn't taunt, and I'm not sure it would it have made it a lot easier. It feels like Holy is the big fuck you of this battle.

As I understand it the main issue with her single target attacks is the dispell attached to them. Holy is the big check, I had great stuff and it was still taking off 1/2 the hp bar with SG and Shell up. Osmosis I imagine will be the greatest threat for most people hence the double cures. I was down to my last retaliate due to losing several and all out of double hit attacks. For added protection I could have gone with a back up samurai in Celes' place.

• Options
    Pushing hard for U. ExDeath; I've done one mythril revive and that's all I'm willing to spend. 38 minutes to try and nail him; I can get to 50% pretty consistently if he doesn't go nuts with the AoE. I had one run with triple vacuum wave =/

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You actually have 72 hours after the event ends to S/L
    What team are you in with?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ha, I should have figured that. I just lost to him at 45% after I didn't quite get Reflect up and he triple actioned. And then he did double AoEs and I didn't think to S/L. Ooh well!

Wound up doing a second mythril revive earlier, but my two bonuses were HP and Abilities. Could have used defense or damage in place of Abilities =(

Didn't expend much; two mythril and the orbs to make Lure Magic.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    did a 3 pull on the FFX banner for funsies
    got nothing
    probably gonna have to be more serious and set up an altar for the RNGods next time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Took until Red was literally 8000 XP from 65 but I finally got Seto's Will!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

Isn't Tuesdaily FFIV synergy though?

Whoops meant IV. I also have Rydia's whip. <3 tuesdaily.

• Options
    Man, tomorrow I'll be starting up Dungeon Updates again after a long time, and I am not looking forward to it. Getting through trash is by far the most miserable part of the game.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    5vmkD9Jl.png

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Man, I wanted to use the MGEs I got from the + event to boost Ricard so I could more easily get his awesome RM. It's the last 'must have' that I need other than things like Tyro's RM3. But I guess Rikku surviving is pretty important to these bonus battles? So I'm taking her instead. Meh. I guess I have another sundaily to get them both at reasonable levels

• Options
    Just one stone away from joining Dunadan in the awesome sword club.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I actually had one rosetta stone left over, I forgot how many were given out over the new year until today's login reward. I also just finished the bonus battles so I have 2.

now I wonder if farming defender Z is objectively better than A) doing the daily for lightning orbs or B) finishing elites.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I actually had one rosetta stone left over, I forgot how many were given out over the new year until today's login reward. I also just finished the bonus battles so I have 2.

now I wonder if farming defender Z is objectively better than A) doing the daily for lightning orbs or B) finishing elites.

I saw this and wondered if I had any I had forgotten about. I had 5. 5 Rosetta stones just chilling. Thank you for reminding me I am dumb.

• Options
    Unfortunately, Masamune has the two spare stones. I put them there a long time ago. But I'll get the one I need from the end of this event, working through elites.

Discount Single Pull got me Warrior's Bracer, with Protectga SB. Love bracers and helms. This one allows me to run Noble's Armguard/Crystal Helm++/Warrior Bracer across 3 mans. All the attacks.

This discussion has been closed.