As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Just railroaded two friends through to the end of Second Dream.

I can't wait to hear their impressions.

Personally?

"OH GOD PUT THE HELMET BACK PUT IT BACK ON OH GOD WHAT NO".
    Operator voice on/[off]

It's not the voice, it's the EYES.

The voice is just... My Valkyr is now wearing the big one as a hat, I don't think it was anything remotely approaching "a close one". And dear god, "Some explode when killed, will need to strike and move."? I think I figured that one out after the fifth one tried to cover me in its internal organs. Captain Obvious here.

And the Amprex definitely doesn't need ADS. It's a cone of "splat", especially once you've got the +range mod and enough punchthrough on it.

It's about shooting things in the eyes. Right in the eyes. They need to add a hitbox for groins.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I've got an extra Body Count in the unlikely event that anyone needs one (they're pretty common drops)

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Just railroaded two friends through to the end of Second Dream.

I can't wait to hear their impressions.

Personally?

"OH GOD PUT THE HELMET BACK PUT IT BACK ON OH GOD WHAT NO".
    Operator voice on/[off]

It's not the voice, it's the EYES.

The voice is just... My Valkyr is now wearing the big one as a hat, I don't think it was anything remotely approaching "a close one". And dear god, "Some explode when killed, will need to strike and move."? I think I figured that one out after the fifth one tried to cover me in its internal organs. Captain Obvious here.

And the Amprex definitely doesn't need ADS. It's a cone of "splat", especially once you've got the +range mod and enough punchthrough on it.

It's about shooting things in the eyes. Right in the eyes. They need to add a hitbox for groins.

Well, I can't argue with that one. At all.

• Options
    Shadow Stalker solo is so horribly unfun if you make the mistake of having a sentinel up. Wish you could set your kubrow/sentinel to attack or defense modes or something... otherwise it's spend several minutes whittling him down... or just let him kill you. :|

• Options
    I take the attack precept off my sentinel unless I'm using a stealth frame. Carrier doesn't need anymore affinity, and it's been a loooong long time since I've needed its help for surviving.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    So I was playing around with Blood Rush & Body Count. The combo multiplier is something alright.

D9ya4ZL.jpg

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I take the attack precept off my sentinel unless I'm using a stealth frame. Carrier doesn't need anymore affinity, and it's been a loooong long time since I've needed its help for surviving.

I was running missions with stealth Loki and levelling a primary and melee... just hate how fighting him now can slow everything to a crawl, or you just give up and die.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

I was running missions with stealth Loki and levelling a primary and melee... just hate how fighting him now can slow everything to a crawl, or you just give up and die.

If you're stealthed, the sentinel shouldn't be attacking, should it?

• Options
    edited January 2016

If you're stealthed, the sentinel shouldn't be attacking, should it?

Shadow Stalker spams dispel and if you move out of his LoS teleports you to be adjacent to him too. so even if you manage to get invisible he'll just spam it more.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So for anyone that missed Torment's mod drops the first go around, he's respawned.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Do they have any additional lore information on the Shadow helmet gang?

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Well after over a year of not playing I dusted off my ninja suit to try and hold off till xcom 2, boy did the game change! Think I unlocked most of the functions of the ship? Somehow still in the PC clan which is awesome, will be around trying to relearn everything again.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Heads up, there's a reactor vs. reactor invasion on Hapke, Ceres.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey @Darmak I've got a set of the good new shotgun mods for you if you havn't had time to get them.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey Darmak I've got a set of the good new shotgun mods for you if you havn't had time to get them.

Hell yeah, I'll gladly take them. You gonna be online tonight when I get off work in about 2.5 hours?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Hey Darmak I've got a set of the good new shotgun mods for you if you havn't had time to get them.

Hell yeah, I'll gladly take them. You gonna be online tonight when I get off work in about 2.5 hours?

Nope, will be getting up shortly.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Nope, will be getting up shortly.

Alright, we'll figure something out soon. I'm off Saturday and Sunday so I'll probably be on quite a bit then!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ring of Fire went live on Xbox One today, assuming PS4 too. As mentioned before it's a 12gb download that's supposed to improve loadtimes and make further expansions possible or something.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    So... DE apparently cracked the shits and took their baro-ball and went home? heh...

I mean sure, they copped a lot of shit (and to be fair, rightly so considering how over-priced those tato's where).

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Heroth wrote: »
    So... DE apparently cracked the shits and took their baro-ball and went home? heh...

I mean sure, they copped a lot of shit (and to be fair, rightly so considering how over-priced those tato's where).

I think in Devstream 67 they said they were taking him out? Will have to dig deeper.

Being that DE has trolled the playerbase before (see the gift of the lotus with level 1 gasbags after people complained about that one thing being too hard), they probably did the same with Baro's offerings last week on PC because people always said his offerings were horrible/useless... so if they were planning to remove him anyway, doing what they did wouldn't come as a surprise.

The timer is still on the consoles.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Ring of Fire went live on Xbox One today, assuming PS4 too. As mentioned before it's a 12gb download that's supposed to improve loadtimes and make further expansions possible or something.

Ring of fire on Xbox One?

rrod_full.png

Ember is truly the most feared warframe :P

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    I hope that the missing timer doesn't mean that Baro's gonna be gone permanently. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't really mind that he didn't always have something on the same level as Primed Continuity/Primed Flow/Prisma Grakata/etc., and I was usually happy with the cosmetics he brought (outside of the Edo armor anyways, that was kind of wank). Maybe it's just that my attitude is that if he brings something cool, then that's great, but if it's a weak offering, then I can keep my ducats, and I'll have that many more to spend next time he actually brings something I'd want. Not to mention that outside of the last offering, I can't think of any visits that I thought were outright terrible, and even then, the Bane mod could've still had some value, if you were the type to use them.

Oh well. If they axe him, at least he'll live on in our hearts...

ebt5371s65jv.jpg

And on my market console, silently judging my shopping habits.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Re: Baro -

https://youtu.be/X5aAvBlhoIE?t=543

If the embed starts at the top it's from 9:05 - 10:30. There they talk about Baro and all the Salt his PC offerings would bring. So yeah, those PC offerings were probably intentionally what they were. Also, the feedback over what he offers.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The fifth Edgeketeer has finally shown up, time to get your last set of mods.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So I was playing around with Blood Rush & Body Count. The combo multiplier is something alright.

D9ya4ZL.jpg

I hadn't checked on Warframe in a while. They finally fixed the melee combo not being worth a fucking shit?

Time to update.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    If a new mod that extends the combo timer counts, then yes. Otherwise, not really.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

https:// youtu.be/X5aAvBlhoIE?t=543

If the embed starts at the top it's from 9:05 - 10:30. There they talk about Baro and all the Salt his PC offerings would bring. So yeah, those PC offerings were probably intentionally what they were. Also, the feedback over what he offers.

I mean, that doesn't make it better? in my opinion that makes it even worse... trolling your customer base like that is pretty fucking shitty behavior. Its stooping down to the level of the same people they are trying to 'troll' and also effecting those who are new/er and who might not really know about the whole trading thing, so got ripped off on buying potatoes...

I mean, i get that it must fucking suck with some people just continually complaining but you're a company and they are your customers, fucking suck it up... I personally didn't really mind any of Baro's offerings (apart from that last one) I frigging *love* cosmetics, but this has kind of made me mad retroactively at the entire thing... it doesn't help with the other Nerfs DE has been doing and the other mini-controversies either... Maybe they should stop shitting on there customers for 'fun' and focus more on making it a funner game to play?

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options

I mean, that doesn't make it better? in my opinion that makes it even worse... trolling your customer base like that is pretty fucking shitty behavior. Its stooping down to the level of the same people they are trying to 'troll' and also effecting those who are new/er and who might not really know about the whole trading thing, so got ripped off on buying potatoes...

I mean, i get that it must fucking suck with some people just continually complaining but you're a company and they are your customers, fucking suck it up... I personally didn't really mind any of Baro's offerings (apart from that last one) I frigging *love* cosmetics, but this has kind of made me mad retroactively at the entire thing... it doesn't help with the other Nerfs DE has been doing and the other mini-controversies either... Maybe they should stop shitting on there customers for 'fun' and focus more on making it a funner game to play?

I thought the whole thing was hilarious. Anything that makes nerds mad is a win in my book.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I did not feel trolled in the last trader instance. I liked the bane mod, and never really care about the things he offers that I'm not interested in, not sure why anyone would complain about something they aren't forced to participate in.

• Options
    Awwww yeah, got me that acolyte noggle pack

F680CD8382260C8FA2E9A98A681FE1F355500545

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The Baro thing was amazing and I bought plat in appreciation.. I wish they let me put a note to a purchase to tell them why I was buying something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh. So Body Count only drops from Angst and Misery for now?

Lame.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

Lame.

I have approximately one million body counts, if you need one.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Lame.

I have approximately one million body counts, if you need one.

I missed the entire event... any mods you've got to spare, I'd appreciate!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    managed to pick up a Body Count, thanks!

Now to find a Blood Rush. I assume that's significantly more valuable given the insane bonus.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I could use a spare (assuming someone has an extra on PC) as well, if that's not too much trouble.

Been a busy week, so I've done a little Acolyte hunting, but doubt I'll be able to put in enough hours to get much more done.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    are the drops guaranteed per kill/stop whatever you're doing to them?

• Options
    l7gUjIW.jpg
    Yay my stalker noggle doesn't have to feel lonely anymore.

• Options
    Kubrows have been out forever and I've had an egg like over a year but I've never hatched one.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    are the drops guaranteed per kill/stop whatever you're doing to them?
    Guaranteed but random.

There's also supposed to be a chance to get them in the upcoming final mission of the event.

This discussion has been closed.