As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Darmak wrote: »
    *drools at the Zeph skin. Oh lordy, it's amazing. I hope it survives. That said, that new craft is so big. It's almost hilarious.

Both look pretty fuckin cool and I wants them

ehh... the wings are a bit... mehh for me, the rest of it is great though... apart from maybe the feet, could use some work.

I'd like it more if they made them more like actual 'wings' maybe a little less curvy? and i assume they are going to have something between them already but if not yeah, that... like laser feathers or something...

edit: Also can i grab an invite to the Clan on PC please and thank you.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    *drools at the Zeph skin. Oh lordy, it's amazing. I hope it survives. That said, that new craft is so big. It's almost hilarious.

Both look pretty fuckin cool and I wants them

ehh... the wings are a bit... mehh for me, the rest of it is great though... apart from maybe the feet, could use some work.

I'd like it more if they made them more like actual 'wings' maybe a little less curvy? and i assume they are going to have something between them already but if not yeah, that... like laser feathers or something...

edit: Also can i grab an invite to the Clan on PC please and thank you.

Dr. Seuss is alive and well, apparently designing warframe skins

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Finally decided to get around to farming Trinity Prime, since I had the chassis already. Ended up getting the helmet within 3 tries, and the BP and systems on the first try. Welp, there goes all my luck for this year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Hey all

After leveling up and trying stuff out for the past two weeks I am putting together my first "endgame" build.

I have a Frost Prime, (+Reactor, +Exilus, +3 Forma) and have three builds I would like opinions on;

Spoilered for length
    (P = Polarity Slot)

Build 1
    Energy Siphon (Aura)(P), Power Drift (Exilus)(P)
    Fortitude (P), Flow (P), Intensify, Chilling Globe
    Armored Agility (P), Vigor (P), Stretch, Redirection

Armor 435
    Health 420
    Shields 1295
    PowerStr / PowerRng 145%

This is the build I am leaning towards and everything is maxed out except Redirection which is sitting at 7/10. For the purpose of this post this is the "default" build.

Build 2
    Redirection (P), Vigor (P), Stretch, Streamline

Armor 300
    Health 420
    Shields S1295
    PowerStr / PowerRng 145%
    PowerEfi 130%

This drops the Armored Agility and pops in a Streamline instead. Powers become that bit cheaper, but I lose that armor boost making both me and my snowglobes that bit more squishy. I am not sure the Power Efficiency if worth it, keeping in mind I have Energy Siphon as well.

Build 3
    Armored Agility (P), Vigor (P), Stretch, Streamline

Armor 435
    Health 420
    Shields 735
    PowerStr / PowerRng 145%
    PowerEfi 130%

This is the build I am least happy with. Pretty much the only reason I have this as an option is to get to as close to an "all gold" build as I can (however there is no way I can drop Siphon or Stretch). Takes the Redirection out (because it is bronze) and replaces it with the Streamline. I am pretty sure halving my shields isn't worth a few extra casts, but I may be wrong.

Is build 1 the best of the bunch... am I missing anything major, or have something in that is completely useless? If it makes any difference to the advice, I am running Boltor Prime, Lex Prime and Dakra Prime.

Khade97 on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Frost Prime doesn't really need energy siphon. You forma'd into it? o_O

Also, why do you have stretch on your globe? It obstructs shooting across the globe during most objective missions.

edit: also why fortitude? you have your globe for cover?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    At the advice in the Alliance chat, Energy Siphon has been swapped to Corrosive Projection and Redirection to Steel Fiber. Just toying around with PwrStr mods now

• Options
    edited January 2016
    And steel fiber is a must for any snowglobe frost.

ediT: oh I see they advised you accordingly.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Also, why do you have stretch on your globe? It obstructs shooting across the globe during most objective missions.

What do you mean by this? My experience in general has been it's easier if they're larger unless you're dropping them all over the place all willy nilly style.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

What do you mean by this? My experience in general has been it's easier if they're larger unless you're dropping them all over the place all willy nilly style.

The times when a globe being needed is the failure condition are few and far between. In my groups I can kill things much faster than would make a globe useful. It's not often that I'll stay inside the globes radius, and the larger the globe the bigger the area you cannot shoot into from outside, in order to kill enemys that happen to get close.

I'd say stretch is useful, for any particular defense object a regular size globe without stretch almost doesn't cover all of it, and any explosive will hit it regardless. definitely wouldn't use the other two range mods though, they're just going to hurt high performing players rather than help defend, totally aside from someone plopping them down everywhere because they use them as personal armor or mistakenly think they're helping.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »

The times when a globe being needed is the failure condition are few and far between. In my groups I can kill things much faster than would make a globe useful. It's not often that I'll stay inside the globes radius, and the larger the globe the bigger the area you cannot shoot into from outside, in order to kill enemys that happen to get close.

I'd say stretch is useful, for any particular defense object a regular size globe without stretch almost doesn't cover all of it, and any explosive will hit it regardless. definitely wouldn't use the other two range mods though, they're just going to hurt high performing players rather than help defend, totally aside from someone plopping them down everywhere because they use them as personal armor or mistakenly think they're helping.

Yeah, if you're with spread out for whatever then a vary large globe is going to obstruct shots made for covering and assisting. Unless you stay in the globe the entire time, which depending on the group can be slower, and not everybody does.

Most of the defense missions I do use the smaller defense objects, so the massive globe hasn't been necessary in my experience.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I guess most of my experience when I actually want to be inside one is trying to fire tonkor shots out of it, which doesn't work well with more than one person in a tiny globe.

Midrange ones are kinda the worst of both worlds, though.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    I disagree, I have great success with a bit of range on my globe for one simple reason: Higher level Bombards.

I found that the sweet spot for mitigating their area of blast effect on my team and the object in a Void defense mission, which works as a handy way to measure, is if the globe reaches to just about touching/covering all the laser consoles. That size of a bubble seems to be just as effective on all other defend a stationary objective.

The issue of the globe getting in the way of my team mate's shots has been made moot ever since they allow me to use the #1 ability to blow up a globe, when ever we end up on the move and I get a sense that the globe is going to block shots, toss off a cheap 1 and boom, bye bye inconvenient globe. Great for when I whip up a globe to pick up a fallen team mate, then when that is done I just break it down or leave it up to slow/freeze the enemies as we continue on with the objective(s) as is appropriate to the situation. If another team mate feels my globe is in the way and tell me as much, its a simple affair to be rid of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh the 1 pops globes? That's nice to know. I once spent like a minute trying to shoot one down

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yep, it's pretty neat. As for the rest, I'm willing to just attribute the use of the range on the globe to the diversity of playstyles and all.

Anyhoo, I've been using Amprex/Ignis a lot again lately and I got combustion beam and it's fun... especially with Isaac. I've also begun to run radiation more now because I'm sick of corrosive on almost everything so the proc is pretty fun to watch as well... though clearing a T4 Ext solo using rad procs really turned me onto that.

I did manage to finally get another rare corpus container and a reinforced to spawn for me today. But no lander parts. I figure people just bought them at this point.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    ...wait, holy crap, when did I hit my Steel Meridian cap?

And also they added a second weapon, a... new Hek??

Okay is that gun any good without the multishot bonus from Scattered Justice because I would looooove to have a better Hek, that's my best gun

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Okay is that gun any good without the multishot bonus from Scattered Justice because I would looooove to have a better Hek, that's my best gun

I'm given to understand that yes, it's like baller or something.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Vaykor Hek is awesome.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    IIRC it's a crit-based shotgun, so hopefully you picked up Primed Ravage from one of Baro's visits.

Also it may be awesome mechanically, but it looks like poop from a butt. Here's a comparison shot of the regular hek and the vaykor hek with the same color options:
    8wgczL5.jpg
    7lXuW03.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Isn't there a desaturated color set? The materials are probably shiny?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Isn't there a desaturated color set? The materials are probably shiny?

So far as I can tell, the issue seems to be that the vaykor hek hasn't had a PBR passover, which is odd as the regular hek has.

Switching to entirely uniform color, the hek shows differences in material between the barrel, body, gubbins, and stock, while the vaykor hek doesn't.
    1bqh5dB.jpg
    IoqYhig.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    IIRC the V. Hek is the better shotgun if you use a crit build with Primed Ravage and aim for headshots as much as possible. The doubled mag capacity is pretty sweet too. I still haven't put much work into mine though, since I've already dropped like 5 forma into the normal version. Also like Neo said, it looks like ass and is a huge pain to get a good color scheme for. I guess you could always just use the default scheme, since that seems to be the only color scheme that doesn't make the gun look hideous, but... muh Fashionframe. Oh well, hopefully the Hek will eventually get a good skin that negates this issue and I'll be better able to enjoy the Extra Hekky Goodness.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Have they brought up the topic of mod sharing on sentinel weapons?

Also, my sentinel's Sweeper has -2 capacity because they don't even bother to check the limits of those when you're upgrading mods, it seems.

• Options
    Operation Shadow Debt is on! Its rewards include a sigil, Vulkar Wraith, a Lacera skin, and a bunch of new mods found by killing Stalks-McGee's new friends, the acolytes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Operation Shadow Debt is on! Its rewards include a sigil, Vulkar Wraith, a Lacera skin, and a bunch of new mods found by killing Stalks-McGee's new friends, the acolytes.

lppYxC7.jpg

More like "Operation: Moar Warframs with Stalker Heads" <3

I like that it's spy missions. Should be neat to do in a few months when it's on console. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    So heads up, the Datalyst units in the corpus missions for the event can drop Vulpine Mask. I dunno how common it is, but I got it on like, the second corpus mission, so good luck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Just railroaded two friends through to the end of Second Dream.

I can't wait to hear their impressions.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Personally?

"OH GOD PUT THE HELMET BACK PUT IT BACK ON OH GOD WHAT NO".

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    dporowski wrote: »

Personally?

Operator voice: on/[off]

cB557 on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Personally?

Operator voice on/[off]

But years of feeding have made them strong.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey, I like how they look and sound!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hey, I like how they look and sound!

They...
    sound exactly like children who were subsequently trained to be warriors, and pretty much have only ever either interacted with others like them.

Which is weird considering the established personalities and histories of some of the Warframes like Limbo, Mirage, and Mesa... but eh, I guess they'll clarify that at some point.

Valkyr too.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The mods are.. Interesting.

I'm not sure how I like the fact that they all require you use iron sights but I guess that's fine? I usually don't, because the weapons I use are either accurate enough or I don't really need to aim (ilu amprex)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You don't ADS your amprex? What about the headshot bonus?

Well... I guess because mousing it's not necessary?

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    The best thing about these new mods are the introduction of Body Count and Blood Rush.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    The best thing about these new mods are the introduction of Body Count and Blood Rush.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of those too. What if you also used Excal with the slash dash augment?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I don't have Excalibur yet.

• Options
    Ahh. Well that augment has every enemy hit with his slash dash ability add to the melee counter, so I think it'd be a great way to quickly close the gap and continue meleeing enemies.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I've been unable to obtain Blood Rush so far. I want it even more than the Argon one everyone is going after.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Apparently they don't work with exalted blade and hysteria.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    cB557 wrote: »

Personally?

Operator voice on/[off]

It's not the voice, it's the EYES.

The voice is just... My Valkyr is now wearing the big one as a hat, I don't think it was anything remotely approaching "a close one". And dear god, "Some explode when killed, will need to strike and move."? I think I figured that one out after the fifth one tried to cover me in its internal organs. Captain Obvious here.

And the Amprex definitely doesn't need ADS. It's a cone of "splat", especially once you've got the +range mod and enough punchthrough on it.

dporowski on
This discussion has been closed.