As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    today I somehow managed to acquire a Bo Prime handle from a mobile defense. In 12 hours... I'll actually have a bo prime? I don't know how to process this.

My suggestion is "swingingly"

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    today I somehow managed to acquire a Bo Prime handle from a mobile defense. In 12 hours... I'll actually have a bo prime? I don't know how to process this.

Pity I'm going to have to get one of those for the Arbiters.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Bo prime is a very good melee weapon, so enjoy.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    One of the few that let's me take advantage of primed heavy whatever, the primed impact damage mod.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Whats the "best" Aura for a Frost Prime? On my Oberon I have a maxed out Steel Charge but I almost exclusively use him for Melee. On Frost I find myself using guns and powers a lot more but Steel Charge still seems to be so much better than anything else on offer. Should I forma Frost to match polarity with Steel Charge, or is there a better option?

Also, is trading the only way to get an aura outside of praying for an alert to have one

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Whats the "best" Aura for a Frost Prime? On my Oberon I have a maxed out Steel Charge but I almost exclusively use him for Melee. On Frost I find myself using guns and powers a lot more but Steel Charge still seems to be so much better than anything else on offer. Should I forma Frost to match polarity with Steel Charge, or is there a better option?

Also, is trading the only way to get an aura outside of praying for an alert to have one
    Would steel charge be just for the extra mod energy?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Did you miss the part where he said "I almost exclusively use him for Melee"? :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Is there any way to view stuff like your frames and mods anywhere online? Or is it in client only?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Did you miss the part where he said "I almost exclusively use him for Melee"? :P
    That was his Oberon, not Frost.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    To clarify the Oberon is 100% melee focused, the Frost is not.

My issue is that a maxed Steel Charge gives an increase of 60% melee dmg which seems miles better than Energy Siphon (0.6 mana per sec) which seems to be the pick on most builds. Even if I hardly use melee, for those times I do use it that 60% could be much quicker kills vs Energy Siphon being a single extra cast every minute or so. Am I missing what makes Siphon so good?

Edit: P.s. are there any good sites for colour schemes? Google is only really bringing up reddit posts

Khade97 on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    In general the dash polarity is more effective because it allows you to equip Corrosive Projection, which is practically a must-have on any mission where you will get high level armored units (it's not like you can't kill them without it but you will notice a MASSIVE decrease in time to kill, which is pretty important given that it gets incredibly dangerous if a lot of high level units are allowed to survive).

• Options
    It's weird, I tend to use Siphon all the time despite the fact that if I need energy I'm just dropping a pizza.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Energy siphon does two things. Because you're not usually blowing through all your energy at once, there is enough time passing by to make even that 0.6 energy useful. It's the main thing behind a perma-stealth Loki, since you can get the energy usage on invisibility low enough that you've regained it by the time the duration's up.

The other nice thing about energy siphon is that it takes care of those times you really need to activate an "oh shit" power, but you're at 49 energy and need 50.

• Options
    When you're relatively new to the game and lack resources, energy siphon can be useful to help when lack of power is a failure condition (not super often). I suggest getting the x10 energy restore blueprints from the syndicate rewards, or if you can't access them, the medium x10's from the dojo. There really is no need to use energy siphon ever again if you spend a couple minutes when you log on crafting.

The auras like Steel Charge, Rifle Amp etc. are all much more directly useful, though as Orphane said, Corrosive Projection is the way to go, even solo it's going to allow more damage done than most anything else provided the enemy has armor (most do of some sort, though that's getting reworked soon). A full party of folks with corrosive projection will nullify all armor the enemy's have, and your damage will be huge, with any weapon including melee, compared to using any other aura.

• Options
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Energy siphon does two things. Because you're not usually blowing through all your energy at once, there is enough time passing by to make even that 0.6 energy useful. It's the main thing behind a perma-stealth Loki, since you can get the energy usage on invisibility low enough that you've regained it by the time the duration's up.

The other nice thing about energy siphon is that it takes care of those times you really need to activate an "oh shit" power, but you're at 49 energy and need 50.

Yeah, that's the thing. I just craft pizzas.

PIZZA PIZZA.

Because of that, Energy Siphon is kind of redundant on several of my frames. I wouldn't take it off my Loki, as you stated... but I really just keep it on many frames out of habit.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

PIZZA PIZZA.

Because of that, Energy Siphon is kind of redundant on several of my frames. I wouldn't take it off my Loki, as you stated... but I really just keep it on many frames out of habit.

Pizzas are all well and good. But unless you're power spaming frame, energy siphon+orbs really does meet like 90% of your energy needs

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Is there any way to view stuff like your frames and mods anywhere online? Or is it in client only?

Maybe this app is what you seek Tenno?

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

PIZZA PIZZA.

Pizzas are all well and good. But unless you're power spaming frame, energy siphon+orbs really does meet like 90% of your energy needs

It all depends on what kind of performance you want, that energy siphon slot is taking the place of something that could give an advantage over a redundant amount of energy regeneration.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

Maybe this app is what you seek Tenno?

Thank you sir.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DustyMalmstoneDustyMalmstone Registered User new member
    Hey, one of your clan members is a friend of mine and directed me here to get an invite to Space Knights of Arcadia. I play on PC with the username ZeroCereal. Any chance I can get in on the fun?

• Options
    So I hatched a kubrow this weekend, but since they don't mature in stasis and all that jazz had to leave them out. But I haven't played for a few days to give him his meds and/or nurture him. I suspect our relationship is off to a rocky start. :T

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    It'll forgive you. They always do; they're dumb like that.

Unless they're dead, in which case they feel nothing at all except the cold vacuum of the void

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I love how janky idle stances can be with certain weapons. For example, Ivara's noble stance with the Sonicor makes her look like she's on the phone:
    kmfx5ify3tmu.jpg
    tqorjkz0xrf7.jpg

"Yes, hello, Dominos? I'd like a pizza. Yeah. Can you deliver it to space? ...Hello?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sometimes I love how janky idle stances can be with certain weapons. For example, Ivara's noble stance with the Sonicor makes her look like she's on the phone:
    kmfx5ify3tmu.jpg
    tqorjkz0xrf7.jpg

"Yes, hello, Dominos? I'd like a pizza. Yeah. Can you deliver it to space? ...Hello?"

She's not on the phone, she's totally done with life. that's the suicide animation/stance.

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Update 18.3 is in, and it brings some changes/fixes and the new rapier, Destreza.

Stats and requirements for the rapier:
    1yp5guftyww1.jpg
    16z78v9b57iz.jpg

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Also hope you like fighting tyl regor, because the rapier's stance drops from manic bombards.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Also hope you like fighting tyl regor, because the rapier's stance drops from manic bombards.

I got it from transmuting, awwwww yeah

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

You can... you can get useful things from transmutiung? Every single time I've done it, even when plunking down 4 rares, I wind up with another Redirection or something. I have never seen anything remotely useful come out of it, other than a way to drain credits. And syndicate ranks exist now, so I don't even need that.

• Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular

You can... you can get useful things from transmutiung?

Got Bite from it, pretty happy with that :biggrin:

causality.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Double potato invasions going at the moment.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

You can... you can get useful things from transmutiung? Every single time I've done it, even when plunking down 4 rares, I wind up with another Redirection or something. I have never seen anything remotely useful come out of it, other than a way to drain credits. And syndicate ranks exist now, so I don't even need that.

I've got a LOT of stances from transmuting! Whenever you have too many credits...

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Balor Fomorian just showed up at pluto on PC, time to dust off my archwing.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    Balor Fomorian just showed up at pluto on PC, time to dust off my archwing.

Yay!

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    30 runs, still no Imperator Vandal receiver :(.

• Options
    Whats the "best" way to find groups for Tower runs? I ended up in a small clan with old friends so don't have access to a big guild chat, and the recruitment channel just seems to be a waste of time. Is there any other way apart from spamming LFG

• Options
    Whats the "best" way to find groups for Tower runs? I ended up in a small clan with old friends so don't have access to a big guild chat, and the recruitment channel just seems to be a waste of time. Is there any other way apart from spamming LFG
    Is your clan in an alliance? Are they against joining We Are Nice Guys?

• Options
    I thought alliance was just for PvP... we haven't really looked into it. Does that give shared chat then?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I thought alliance was just for PvP... we haven't really looked into it. Does that give shared chat then?

Yeah, there's an alliance chat, just like there's a clan chat.

• Options
    Cool, in that case how would we go about forming one with the PA guild?

• Options
    We already have an alliance set up, just give us your clan name and we can get an invite sent.

This discussion has been closed.