As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Well that's the end of the 2nd big Steam sale that I've taken any real part in and I think that it was a lot better than the Summer sale since I didn't have to keep on checking back for new deals or waiting until the last day. Now I have another 10ish games in my backlog that are tempting me even though I recently started playing swtor again. Also rectified the situation of a couple of friends who were missing the joy of Assault Android Cactus.

Surprise purchase is Paint it Back which is very reminiscent of SquareCells, though one step simpler since it doesn't have numbers on the boxes and will look familiar to anyone who played around with flash puzzle games. In my category of "Games you can play while catching up on podcasts" it scores a 10/10.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Oh wait that's annoying the cards just poof after 1:00pm? Blah! Whatever.

Ugh, the whole trading card... thing... just needs an overhaul. Hell, I've got ~$30 in there but damned if I'm spending the 2 hours it would take to individually list all those $0.05 cards.

@durandal4532

I'm pretty sure Enhanced Steam and Steam Inventory Helper (Chrome link) are the way to go then.

With at least Enhanced you get the single press Quick Sell (lowest price minus 1 cent), and Instant Sell (sells at the highest buy order price).

Example:
    gluzalcw4caf.jpg

Going to a do post-sale thank you recap today or tomorrow. Just re-thanking the people since listing the gifts can feel like showing off.

As for SWTOR, there are some stories that felt far superior than the others. So if you only want to do one playthrough/shame most of the other stories, play the Imperial Agent first.

Karoz on
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Firebird wrote: »
    FINALLY! The dales are over and I can stop rhyming!

I been playing a lot of Undertale recently.

It's a good romp and absolutely love the characters, dialogue and some of the mechanics. Avoiding every piece and article sorrounding it was worthwhile.
    Taking the pacifist route, we'll see how that goes.

Been rhyming too much that I actually had a lucid dream where I was in a packed stadium doing a freestyle rap battle and sucking royalty.

Uh huh....go on.

GOD DAMMIT!
    Screw this phone's autocorrect!

I am not changing it.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    As for SWTOR, there are some stories that felt far superior than the others. So if you only want to do one playthrough/shame most of the other stories, play the Imperial Agent first.

I am a huge alt-a-holic so have finished all stories except for the two sith classes which will get finished off in the next little bit so no worries there. I have to go back and read summaries on plot points for some of the classes since I have forgotten what happened to my characters when I last played two years ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

It's a good romp and absolutely love the characters, dialogue and some of the mechanics. Avoiding every piece and article sorrounding it was worthwhile.

Been rhyming too much that I actually had a lucid dream where I was in a packed stadium doing a freestyle rap battle and sucking royalty.

Uh huh....go on.

GOD DAMMIT!

I am not changing it.

So maybe now is a good time to ask about your avatar?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

Uh huh....go on.

GOD DAMMIT!

I am not changing it.

Looks like some kinda adventure time thing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    9nh3rtl01ugf.png

@Pixelated Pixie thanks so much for this! I hope your terrible, no good, very bad day is getting better! I know my terrible day has been brightened.

Thanks again!

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

Uh huh....go on.

GOD DAMMIT!

I am not changing it.

Google Mike Inel and check his Youtube channel and DeviantArt gallery. It's pretty much a "what if" 3D rendition of AT.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Oh wait that's annoying the cards just poof after 1:00pm? Blah! Whatever.

Ugh, the whole trading card... thing... just needs an overhaul. Hell, I've got ~$30 in there but damned if I'm spending the 2 hours it would take to individually list all those $0.05 cards.

Enhanced Steam makes this slightly less annoying with buttons that auto list items on the market at the current market price, or slightly below market price for instant sale

Edit: beaten

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    ElderPao wrote: »
    Since my only "gaming" machine was an low-end MacBook for years, I made it through the sales without getting much. I don't have that excuse anymore, so I picked up a number of things I had on my wishlist for a while... and I think I've developed a problem...

This is a support group for things like that, right?

I remember when I got my first real gaming PC a few years ago. I bought all the things. Not so much these days.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SWTOR is pretty great now. You level up 6x faster, your companions can wear whatever gear you want and their stats remain the same (So no need to keep up with gearing them), and it just feels well put together. I moved over to Jedi Covenant where some of the MMO forum folks are, it's been great fun. Also subscribing for one month (15$) will give you all the expansions released so far, which otherwise cost a lot more. So that's a good option. And yeah, it's KOTOR 3. It even has a few characters from KOTOR here and there.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @RoyceSraphim

Re: Fallen Enchantress:

Do you have Legendary Heroes?

Yes

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Since my only "gaming" machine was an low-end MacBook for years, I made it through the sales without getting much. I don't have that excuse anymore, so I picked up a number of things I had on my wishlist for a while... and I think I've developed a problem...

I provide support!
    It may be support in further developing the problem.

I saw you picked up ARK, excellent choice. You should check out the ARK thread and hop on the server. It's PvE and kinda quiet these days from what I hear, but I know quite a few people are hibernating and waiting on a new map/reset before they come back to try the new stuff. Still folks playing though who are fun and can help you tackle some of the bigger stuff when you get around to it. Heck, I could even download myself from the obelisk and give you a tour of The Zig in all its...attempted, multi-rollback glory.

Would be even easier if I had my bird and saddle in the obelisk. I actually don't remember if I uploaded them both or if the saddle is at The Zig. Hrm. Doesn't matter, if you get on there and would like a mini-tour, someone can hook you up or I can figure it out. :)

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SWTOR is pretty great now. You level up 6x faster, your companions can wear whatever gear you want and their stats remain the same (So no need to keep up with gearing them), and it just feels well put together. I moved over to Jedi Covenant where some of the MMO forum folks are, it's been great fun. Also subscribing for one month (15$) will give you all the expansions released so far, which otherwise cost a lot more. So that's a good option. And yeah, it's KOTOR 3. It even has a few characters from KOTOR here and there.

Are you playing with PA folk? I've played on and off, but always got a little bored because none of my friends ever played. I'd love to make a new character and play with some people.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    anoffday wrote: »

Are you playing with PA folk? I've played on and off, but always got a little bored because none of my friends ever played. I'd love to make a new character and play with some people.

Kinda sorta! It's not an official PA guild, but they are accepting whoever wants to join from PA. I hopped on and got invited with a buddy of mine. They're mainly Republic but have an alt Imp guild I've been leveling an Inquisitor in. There's more info in the MMO forum thread, or ask me on steam or something.

I highly recommend being in a guild because you get to talk in guild chat, have a cool guild capital ship, and you get 5-10% bonus XP just for being in a guild.

Also go get your Stronghold from your fleet. The starter one was 4 credits but that runs out soon I think. You can instantly teleport to your stronghold, and then go straight to your ship. Very handy. Star Wars!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Can I subscribe to TOR for one month, cancel and retain all of the expansion content that's been released up until today? TOR is one of those "I should play soon" games but man is it hard to fit another big game like that in.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ElderPaoElderPao Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »

I provide support!
    It may be support in further developing the problem.

I saw you picked up ARK, excellent choice. You should check out the ARK thread and hop on the server. It's PvE and kinda quiet these days from what I hear, but I know quite a few people are hibernating and waiting on a new map/reset before they come back to try the new stuff. Still folks playing though who are fun and can help you tackle some of the bigger stuff when you get around to it. Heck, I could even download myself from the obelisk and give you a tour of The Zig in all its...attempted, multi-rollback glory.

Would be even easier if I had my bird and saddle in the obelisk. I actually don't remember if I uploaded them both or if the saddle is at The Zig. Hrm. Doesn't matter, if you get on there and would like a mini-tour, someone can hook you up or I can figure it out. :)

Man... ARK. I spent an hour pooping and freezing on a beach while punching trees and putting together a rock collection. I don't think I'm ready to play that game with anyone yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is TOR still subscription based?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @RoyceSraphim

Re: Fallen Enchantress:

Do you have Legendary Heroes?

Yes

Okay!

In that case, I like (in order) the Map Pack, the Quest Pack, Dead World, Battlegrounds, Loot Pack, Leader.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Can I subscribe to TOR for one month, cancel and retain all of the expansion content that's been released up until today? TOR is one of those "I should play soon" games but man is it hard to fit another big game like that in.

Yes you can, though I don't think you'll get Chapter 10. I could be wrong, but one month of sub grants you ALL expansions forever, even after you unsub.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    it's free to play, but you can get an optional subscription.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I got maybe halfway through the Imperial Agent story in TOR. I liked the overarching narrative for that character and the side companions. But I dropped off for reasons I don't entirely recall.
    This was back when it was closer to launch, and the MMO bits did end up making some parts of it feel like they were dragging. I did also like the group "dungeons" where each person in the group got a vote on what to say or do at a given time and it randomly chose a winner and placed them in the scripted scenes etc.

I should go back to it at some point. I've stayed away from MMOs the past few years telling myself I would rather spend the time on more individual different games, but in the end I've probably sunk a lot of that time into just TF2 and Hearthstone instead.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    50 more sales like this and I might actually be even with you monsters.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    it's free to play, but you can get an optional subscription.

There are three levels: Free to play, preferred, sub. I think if you spend at least $5 on the game, you unlock preferred which opens a lot of QoL enhancements. Feel free to drop by the SWTOR thread if you need more specifics or a friend code.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    PU6aVNK.jpg

Goddamnit Arti it was less than a dollar!

I just... You know that feeling of needing to sit down but you're already sitting down and the best you can come up with is to lower the chair.

Thank you @Arithon32

I can't... I can't handle the class.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Grove wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »

Yes you can, though I don't think you'll get Chapter 10. I could be wrong, but one month of sub grants you ALL expansions forever, even after you unsub.

All the ones that were out when you subbed at least. (Join us on Jedi Covenant!)

Oh also, if you attach a security key you get 100 Cartel Coins a month, the premium currency. If you're like me and did that at the game's launch and then stopped playing till now, you'll have several thousand of those. Be careful with unlocks! You want to get legacy unlocks first, not character unlocks. It's tricky and doesn't show you things you already own. Be careful. (And get rocket boost, or the going places bundle)

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Kinda sorta! It's not an official PA guild, but they are accepting whoever wants to join from PA. I hopped on and got invited with a buddy of mine. They're mainly Republic but have an alt Imp guild I've been leveling an Inquisitor in. There's more info in the MMO forum thread, or ask me on steam or something.

I highly recommend being in a guild because you get to talk in guild chat, have a cool guild capital ship, and you get 5-10% bonus XP just for being in a guild.

Also go get your Stronghold from your fleet. The starter one was 4 credits but that runs out soon I think. You can instantly teleport to your stronghold, and then go straight to your ship. Very handy. Star Wars!

Are both Guilds (Imp and Rep) on JC? Seems I'm close to ending my Act 3 Sith Warrior story and I'm planning on moving to be with Actual People™ (nothing like being on a PVP server in planets with a whole other 10 people and never even seeing them.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Hum, Swtor. . . I haven't played in a long time. I played at launch. I don't need another MMO habit though. . .

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After playing Fairy Fencer F for 6 hours i like it, but im afraid it has more to do with my total lack of experience with JRPG's than real quality of the game. Sure, characters are nice and fighting is fun, but the plot seems to be really uninspired so far,

• Options
    Drovek wrote: »

Are both Guilds (Imp and Rep) on JC? Seems I'm close to ending my Act 3 Sith Warrior story and I'm planning on moving to be with Actual People™ (nothing like being on a PVP server in planets with a whole other 10 people and never even seeing them.)

I understand there are a few people on Shadowlands, but the guilds I am in have Republic and Imperial guilds on Jedi Covenant. The Imp is just more of an alt guild from what I understand. The MMO thread knows more!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Wanted to once again thank all these fine classy individuals for the gifts they gave me during the Winter Gale:

@Antoshka - my alpha and omega gifter
    @Berylline - the gift sniping (and receiving denying) bunny
    @Heatwave - the old feud lives on
    @Stabbity Style - one more victim for the Oniken altar
    @CorriganX - surly bastard but with good tastes, also fun to co-op with
    @Descendant X - giving me all the tips for Dark Souls 2
    @mildlymorbid - a grumpy, gifting scrooge
    @Veagle - knows you sometimes need to be naughty
    @Pimsy - for putting a bunch of rats in my life
    @Shade - best of luck with finishing up school and for passing on the mantle. I may try to be more responsible drinker though. :smile:
    @HyphyKezzy - for indulging my curiosity

This community has really made this holiday season a lot more fun even when the sales aren't as crazy as the days of yore. I hope you all have a great 2016!

Karoz on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I spent less than a tenner this sale. ALL THIS POWER!!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    SWTOR question: it doesn't seem to be on Steam. Is it on another "client", or stand-alone?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    SWTOR question: it doesn't seem to be on Steam. Is it on another "client", or stand-alone?

It's its own launcher thingy. I think I saw that the one on Origin is extremely old and can't be patched.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Yeah just get it from SWTOR's site. I wish it were on Steam. Anyone know what to point it at for the library add feature?

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I dled SWTOR from its website this past weekend with no problems.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Yeah just get it from SWTOR's site. I wish it were on Steam. Anyone know what to point it at for the library add feature?

Last I recall it was kinda tricky because of the launcher.

Granted this was like 2 years ago, but I think I had to use a batch script or custom exe some one made.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

Granted this was like 2 years ago, but I think I had to use a batch script or custom exe some one made.

I don't know if SWTOR is the same, but for LOTRO, I added the launcher to steam. I opens the launcher, and I play game. Not sure if that is what you wanted. I guess a launcher for a launcher is silly, but it is less one icon on the task bar.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

I don't know if SWTOR is the same, but for LOTRO, I added the launcher to steam. I opens the launcher, and I play game. Not sure if that is what you wanted. I guess a launcher for a launcher is silly, but it is less one icon on the task bar.

It's just nice to be able to use the steam shortcuts to chat or whatever. I went to add and it found it no problem.

• Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

The thing with SWTOR is that as soon as the launcher... launches, Steam stops treating it as "running." Which you might not mind, but if you want to take screenshots and use the Steam Overlay it doesn't work.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.