As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Harry Potter and the Holy Shit New Trailer

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Pony that was the most depressing story I've heard in a while.

Man, that is like fifty times worse than my old obsession with that one chick. Man I feel stupid.

it is depressing in parts but has an uplifting ending about how people grow and change and touch each other's lives

uriel don't watch children of men

seriously dude you will cry for days and days

Man, Armageddon made me cry.

So yeah, probably.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    if I could go back in time for a relationship kind of thing

I would grab myself by the shoulders, shake me a little and say sternly:

"Don't you ever EVER fall for that fucking "guy friend" bullshit. Don't you waste your time on that whore, don't you spend one more god damn red cent on her ass. She'll never put out, she's going to go back to her old boyfriend, and you're going to be left holding the bag. Your bag."

then I'd dust me off and tip my hat and jump back into my dimensional portal

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    you know i've always found the transition from "platonic guy friend she trusts so much" to "casual fuckbuddy" not a hard bridge to cross

it's why i shake my head at them ladder theory type shit-heads

anytime i see a dude going on too much about the friend zone shit i think to myself

dude you're probably an ugly milquetoast

Pony on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want to tell a story now can I.

please do i feel weird being all grandpa simpson and forumers are like "pony's talking!" and they all scoonch forward cross-legged resting their chins on their hands

Haha I don't think I will actually tell the story because it would be lame to anyone who is not me I think.

that has never stopped me

So it was dogshit weather last night, cold and rainy, overall crappy party weather. But i am a trooper so i went outside to smoke, and she came with me because we had been talking pretty much all night and we ended up just standing there, in the rain kissing and god it sound so girly now but I was so cold that I was shaking and i just didn't care

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

please do i feel weird being all grandpa simpson and forumers are like "pony's talking!" and they all scoonch forward cross-legged resting their chins on their hands

Haha I don't think I will actually tell the story because it would be lame to anyone who is not me I think.

well your story was kind of long and ranedos wasn't here to de-rail it with his ham soliloquy

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    you know i've always found the transition from "platonic guy friend she trusts so much" to "casual fuckbuddy" not a hard bridge to cross

it's why i shake my head at them ladder theory type shit-heads

anytime i see a dude going on too much about the friend zone shit i think to myself

dude you're probably an ugly milquetoast

I only had the one incident where I went too far down the friend road and basically wasted my time

easy mistake to fix later on but I passed up a few good chances at other hot girls because I was too busy playing guy friend

thats what pissed me off

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Not enough pedophilia Longbow.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    playing guy friend is the problem

i ain't ever done that

ever.

if i'm a friend, i'm a friend, if i'm trying to rock trim i make my intent clear

women, as a lot, appreciate the honesty and straight-forwardness

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

So it was dogshit weather last night, cold and rainy, overall crappy party weather. But i am a trooper so i went outside to smoke, and she came with me because we had been talking pretty much all night and we ended up just standing there, in the rain kissing and god it sound so girly now but I was so cold that I was shaking and i just didn't care

haha

now you're not a man

I know how you feel though

it's the "fuck yes!" resounding through and bounding off the inside of your skull thats making you act like a retard

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Goddamnit.

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    BYToady wrote: »

but not nearly as much of a downer!

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    baugh that's pretty cool though

but then i am a sap for that shit

Pony on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Uriel wrote: »
    Pony that was the most depressing story I've heard in a while.

Man, that is like fifty times worse than my old obsession with that one chick. Man I feel stupid.

That was an awesome story.

Pony got laid, got his heartbroken then years later made someone else feel better over the entire incident.

If I was grading anecdotes I'd give it 9 out of 10 only because it didn't include a joke.

Plus it came in three parts.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

i ain't ever done that

ever.

if i'm a friend, i'm a friend, if i'm trying to rock trim i make my intent clear

well it began as just being nice and available for her

then instead of me putting enough moves on to make my motives clear, I was too passive and it just simmered at the friend level too long so she got the wrong message

you're making me feel like maybe she wasn't the bitch i've felt she was for years

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »

haha

now you're not a man

I know how you feel though

it's the "fuck yes!" resounding through and bounding off the inside of your skull thats making you act like a retard

It's true

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

but not nearly as much of a downer!

a downer like christine young

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i have such weird break-up stories

one of them ended up with me owning a cat

i still have that cat

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I once flirted with a chick all day every day for about seven days.

Man, that was the only thing that made that horrible place tolerable.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i have such weird break-up stories

one of them ended up with me owning a cat

i still have that cat

A woman isn't a woman without her pussy. You took away her womanhood.

I'm just assuming it was a bird anyway.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    She dumped you AND her cat!

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok, new story time then Pony.

Blake T on
  • Options
    El DudarinoEl Dudarino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I made the mistake of hooking up with "the slutty girl" at the last party i was at. It really wasn't my fault, it was the open bar's fault.

Now i have to lie furiously about it.

El Dudarino on
    lebowski11.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Uriel, the only thing that made working at McDonalds tolerable was hitting on the girls that worked there.

Of course, I was 18 at the time and they were all 14-16 so it was just creepy, but damn it, I was bored and had a radio that spoke directly into their ear, how was I NOT going to make horrible suggestions about every person they served?

I was like a satanic Jimminy Cricket.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I made the mistake of hooking up with "the slutty girl" at the last party i was at. It really wasn't my fault, it was the open bar's fault.

Come on it is a right of passage to sleep with at least one of the group whores.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

i ain't ever done that

ever.

then instead of me putting enough moves on to make my motives clear, I was too passive and it just simmered at the friend level too long so she got the wrong message

you're making me feel like maybe she wasn't the bitch i've felt she was for years

i will tell you something

a lot of dudes blame the chick when they choose to be the eunuch friend

really it's all their fault in most cases

and then later they are like argh that bitch how could she not know

well hey maybe it's the way you never made any kind of move at all

women aren't psychic.

stand-up comics, especially female comics, like to make a big deal out of "girls look at relationships like this, men look at them like this"

horse shit

i have, i shit you not, crossed that barrier between friend and something more simply by being cheeky.

chick talks about how she's never gotten an orgasm from oral

i am like "would you like to?" :winky:

and she's like "whoa, uh, yeah i guess"

your platonic chick friends? they will say these sorts of things. they are dropping hooks for you. you aren't biting. so after a while, they just stop dropping hooks because they think you'll never bite

and don't think women are above doing the "platonic friend" thing when what they really want is a mouthful of your dong.

it's finding where these lines are and what side people stand on that complicates things, and you can reduce that complexity just by being straightforward and honest.

Pony on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Penguin's Break Ups:
    Erin: Wanted to be friends. Oh, and she fucked my friend.
    Carla: I got my copy of Ghost Dog back.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Come on it is a right of passage to sleep with at least one of the group whores.

I know, but i wish it hadn't been that particular one.

The funny thing pretty much every girl there was a group slut at one time.

El Dudarino on
    lebowski11.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

You banged the skag one, didn't you.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Uriel, the only thing that made working at McDonalds tolerable was hitting on the girls that worked there.

Of course, I was 18 at the time and they were all 14-16 so it was just creepy, but damn it, I was bored and had a radio that spoke directly into their ear, how was I NOT going to make horrible suggestions about every person they served?

I was like a satanic Jimminy Cricket.

Yeah, this was one girl. And the place was a adolescent psych ward.

After that I was obsessed with her for 4 years. We flirted but because we weren't supposed to, we never asked for eachother's numbers or email addys we were too shy.

It was a really rough time for me.

But it seems stupid after ponies story.

Sucks I am starting to think about her a little again, but I have two romantic possibilities on the horizen, so with luck it wont get bad again.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

You banged the skag one, didn't you.

no, but like 2 maybe 3 up from her. (i am assuming the skag scale goes from bottom to top.)

El Dudarino on
    lebowski11.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

i ain't ever done that

ever.

i will tell you something

a lot of dudes blame the chick when they choose to be the eunuch friend

really it's all their fault in most cases

and then later they are like argh that bitch how could she not know

well hey maybe it's the way you never made any kind of move at all

women aren't psychic.

stand-up comics, especially female comics, like to make a big deal out of "girls look at relationships like this, men look at them like this"

horse shit

i have, i shit you not, crossed that barrier between friend and something more simply by being cheeky.

chick talks about how she's never gotten an orgasm from oral

i am like "would you like to?" :winky:

and she's like "whoa, uh, yeah i guess"

your platonic chick friends? they will say these sorts of things. they are dropping hooks for you. you aren't biting. so after a while, they just stop dropping hooks because they think you'll never bite

and don't think women are above doing the "platonic friend" thing when what they really want is a mouthful of your dong.

it's finding where these lines are and what side people stand on that complicates things, and you can reduce that complexity just by being straightforward and honest.

well, in a word,

exactly

this was a somewhat tough lesson to learn at 16, but I'm glad I figured it out right then, rather than way down the fucking line somewhere, or never like some people

As far as crossing the friend line, well, thats the basic layout of the beginning of my wife's and my relationship

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Uriel, don't ever get around to regretting it.

Ask these people out. If you burn and fail, then fuck them, they're probably lesbians anyway.

But you won't know that they wear lots of flannel if you don't ask them and find out.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It took me 18 years to learn the "Fuck 'em" style of ego defense.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    your platonic chick friends? they will say these sorts of things. they are dropping hooks for you.

This also gets really complicated when you get older, and you're on the other side of the page

trying to ignore these hooks laid so carefully in your path

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Your thirties must have been rough.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    okay, about the cat

years ago, i was dating this one chick

we had gone out for two months

i couldn't get past second base

very frustrating!

but i didn't pressure her

she was saying she wasn't ready, and i liked her enough as a person to think i was comfortable with waiting

but i wasn't

hormones raging

dick, disobedient

so i fooled around on her. not a cool thing to admit but i've done far worse. mostly, it was with dudes because in a warped way it felt like less cheating.

eventually, i realized this whole thing was fucked. i liked her as a person, she was a good friend, and my god did i ever want to rock her vag, but i didn't love her, i didn't really want to be in a relationship with her. i didn't want her as my girlfriend, i wanted her as my fuckbuddy. so i decided to end the deceit, tell her how i felt, tell her the truth, and tell her about how i'd been sleeping around.

she took it really hard. really, really hard. she started skipping classes (she was such a good student) just to avoid seeing me. she attempted suicide. she didn't succeed. her parents switched her to a different school and put her into therapy. i didn't speak to her for like, a year

then, one day she calls me up, and wants to talk with me. so her and i meet and talk. she explains to me that she is, in fact, a lesbian. has been all along. the reason i could never get past second base? she was going through the motions. she wasn't really attracted to me, but liked me so much as a person and wanted so badly to just be a straight girl she tried to put up with it. when i dumped her like i did, it hit her so hard because she couldn't deny it anymore, and the truth of that fucked her all up and that's why she tried to kill herself.

she didn't hate me anymore. in fact, she wanted to thank me, because after going through therapy she managed to confront her own sexuality and become at peace with it and she's got a girlfriend now and her parents were all okay with her coming out and her life's a lot better, and in a way, by dumping her and making her get that depressed it forced her to address her own denial and she wanted to thank me.

and her parents and her were moving to hamilton, to an apartment, and she couldn't keep the little kitten she had. she named the kitten willow, after the buffy the vampire slayer character. the character who was dating a boy who dumped her because he couldn't control his animalistic urges and didn't want to hurt her further by being with her, and the depression she went through from that made her realize she's a lesbian and she found a woman to love. kind of poetic, in a lame teenager way.

anyway, since they couldn't keep the cat, she thought it was a nice gesture for her to give the cat to me.

i still have that cat

this is willow:
    Willow01.jpg

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your cat is a lesbian totem.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

That hurts me deep inside.

No, wait, fuck you.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dick, disobedient

like girl, interrupted

wow you're a fucking life destroyer aren't you

are you sure you're not death

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

That hurts me deep inside.

No, wait, fuck you.
    High five!

Penguin Incarnate on