Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

1484950515254»

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Finishing the Heidel storyline quests also gives you a costume, a fairly simple soldier uniform that nevertheless looks decent on some classes (compared to the default look anyway).

MSL59.jpg
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    No good being a badass if you look like you just woke up in a cardboard box.

Is there any benefit to joining the guild if it still exists, and is anyone able to invite?

• MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Picked this up as it was under £5 in the Steam sale - fun so far but have no idea what I'm doing (a fairly common occurrence for me!)

camo_sig2-400.png
    Seems to be a shitload of systems in the game, mainly just been levelling myself. I did get some snazzy outfit for free...for 7 days I guess, along with some extra inventory slots. Some of the instructions are fairly cryptic, like arranging inventory to merge items.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah BDO has a lot of new, complex, or just plain odd systems. I do strongly recommend checking out newbie guides to help save yourself some hassle. Though the in game tutorial system is a helluva lot better now than it was at launch, I'd still suggest watching a few videos. Like this one!

Feldorn
    edited October 2017
    While I type this at work, my character is at walking the streets of Velia with hundreds of lbs of trade goods on her back and wearing heels. I sorta question the need for the AFK play, but whatever, the game currently keeps me amused so I'm just going with it.

Also, I have three dudes picking potatoes for me, which I turn into beer for now. I need to watch that video again, still not sure about a few bits and pieces.

Nosf on
    BasilKonphujunAxen
    Gift letter of repayments: I have 5 of these things, anyone want them? They worth much?

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Hmm, Black Desert Mobile, eh?

They wouldn’t even need to change the monetization scheme much

steam_sig.png
    Got to level 56 and unlocked Awakening. Pretty interesting that the witch class' entire playstyle changes and you basically seem to blow off all your old skills and go with new ones. It's a bit of a learning curve to adjust to the new play, but I went back to a slightly previous area and found I was just annihilating Manes and Wandering Rogues, even the big named/special type ones.

My minions are furiously mining and what have you as I accrue material to make a sailboat now.

FeldornKonphujun
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    @Arthil Is the pa guild still a thing?

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    It is, but @Axen has the reigns now I believe.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
    Somethinglovely updated their map for the new Kamasylvia pt. 2 content that came out today.

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/

Konphujun
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I got this due to the Steam special. Not a huge fan of the aesthetic, but so far the combat is fun.

Anything to take note of as I go about the early levels?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Is the thing listed as "Pre-order Purchase Bonus" on my account an extra copy of the game to give away? I didn't pay attention. Apparently expires December 31st this year.

• tricontricon Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Playing after nearly a year again. The did change so many stuff, for most part for the good. I enjoy the new class but wow stuff is a lot easier. When I think how much time it took me to get my first char to lvl 56 you need now a weekend with the new extra exp servers.

If you have a char above lvl 52 I would patch and login at last once and talk to your Black Spirit, we got a free maid (storage or market) for a few days (event) this way...

tricon on
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    So I know I'm on the new jack server for babies with the xp boost and stuff but beyond the fact that I quickly overleveled the quests around me, is combat supposed to be like

pointlessly easy?

My ninja can slide around and do flips and turn into a log and shit but from level 1-34 nothing actually harmed me beyond maybe ~ 10% of my health.

Eventually I wandered off to go fight monsters that were in the mid-40s and other than them being immune to some attacks, I still just tore everything apart while taking essentially no damage and it took a little longer

This game seems visually nice and fast-paced for a classical MMO, but none of the fights are remotely engaging

Is it just a faceroll until you go do dungeons or raid or whatever?

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    If you know what you’re doing and have proper gear, most pve is easy. I think that was part of the point, since you’ll spend a lot of time just killing mobs.

Any mobs not meant for grinding will be harder, but you can probably still handle it fine.

Class also makes a difference. Some classes don’t get major skills until 30+ to faceroll mobs.

Feldorn on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    So I know I'm on the new jack server for babies with the xp boost and stuff but beyond the fact that I quickly overleveled the quests around me, is combat supposed to be like

pointlessly easy?

My ninja can slide around and do flips and turn into a log and shit but from level 1-34 nothing actually harmed me beyond maybe ~ 10% of my health.

Eventually I wandered off to go fight monsters that were in the mid-40s and other than them being immune to some attacks, I still just tore everything apart while taking essentially no damage and it took a little longer

This game seems visually nice and fast-paced for a classical MMO, but none of the fights are remotely engaging

There are no dungeons or raids or anything that I know of. The end game is pvp and grinding drops from the overworld. Theres no instances or anything resembling them.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    The issue is compounded by the fact that you have the server xp boost (and you can get more xp if you find a Bell Server - an item people can buy that gives the server another exp boost for an hour). If you stick to the main story quest line you will be over leveled until the first 'expansion' area - Mediah. If you do every quest you come across, you should be pretty ahead of everything til the desert - Valencia. At those points, you'll need to focus on acquiring good gear/weapons or things slow down significantly. Everything before Mediah should be easy regardless of exp/gear for the most part (probably some exceptions but I didn't come across any on multiple characters).

Friends and I really enjoyed Black Desert until all the bonus packs (inventory/storage space + node management etc) ran out. The packs made the game way more functional and the minute they stopped, it felt very restricted and it was a choice between what amounted to a monthly sub or not playing. We chose to stop instead. :(

Why do you build, knowing destruction is inevitable? Why do you yearn to live, knowing all things must die?
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

pointlessly easy?

This is basically what made me quit the game. At first, the PvE had at least some challenge, and the crafting took effort and time. Maybe too much time, but the point is that after awhile, the devs gave up and just made everything pointlessly easy because they figured all everyone wanted to do was get to the endgame and grind forever between PvP ganks and griefing.

Basil
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    So this game has finally started to click with me. Getting my node empire up and going and coming to grips with the fact that mob grinding is a huge part of the PvE has gotten me settled in to a nice rhythm. I also had like 200m silver dumped on me from my account just sitting idle and getting "Family Fame Funds", so my Dark Knight is a grind monster now with full +15 non-boss gear. Basically just grinding contribution as fast as I can to build my AFK cash empire.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Konphujun
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Anyone get back into this with the PS4 release? Had a buddy stay at my house for a few days and watched him play.

So I hopped back on my PC and loaded it up. Still no idea what to do and my dude is 54 lol.

Is there cross play between the pc and ps4?

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams