Options

[Destiny] Patch 2.2.0: "Wear What You Want, Yeeesss?" - Variks, the Fashionable

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Also, do the whole taken king questline - you should jump to 220-240 very very quickly.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I've done all the Taken King (at least I killed the Taken King and Eris took that crystal out of his sword) and I'm at 189 right now...

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Yeah, for as much bitching as we (okay, mostly me) did last night in IB we still did pretty well. I wonder if there's a way if I can figure out of Destiny or my internet is the reason I go from good connection to "OMFG HOW MANY MELEE HITS CAN THAT GUY TAKE. Oh there he died long after I've been dead and I get a postmortem medal". It's quite frustrating. Had the same problem on Tuesday. When I had a bad connection I did horribly but later when my connection stabilized I had some really good matches. It was fun. Probably should have tried it while drinking. Definitely do that this weekend.

What coast are you on? Maybe it's not so much your connection more so than you get matched up with people in the UK, eastern Canada!

Central Ohio actually.

On Tuesday when I was playing with some of our friends across the pond I was playing far below even my mediocre playing ability. I was fluctuating quite a bit but mostly I wasn't able to deal damage seemingly at all. Later that night though when it was Radiation (jfrofl) and myself and I had a good connection, I performed much better. Like 3.4 K/DR once and only 1 match below 1.0 after that.

Last night, I'm pretty sure we're all in the continental US at least but the connection was all over the place. I'd being playing great and then suddenly in the middle of a match "why didn't that guy die? Oh, I'm at a red bar now".

This is a recent development as well. Like maybe within the last month. I have not changed anything on my end in regards to my internet connection; cable modem settings, router settings, etc. I thought maybe I had a random steam game updating or something but when I went to check, nope. Nothing else in the house was actively doing anything on the network except my network TV tuner which hasn't caused a problem before. It's baffling and frustrating. Like I said, I need to just play PvP with beer.

Ah well, as long as I have other PA folks to Ichabod Bowling with it's still good times. Even if I do swear more than I should.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I've done all the Taken King (at least I killed the Taken King and Eris took that crystal out of his sword) and I'm at 189 right now...

Hahaha, oh wow, I didn't know that was even possible. I'd be grinding some strike playlist! That or just regular crucible.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Nosf wrote: »

Hahaha, oh wow, I didn't know that was even possible. I'd be grinding some strike playlist! That or just regular crucible.

Oh, I beat the Taken King at LL 160something with a 150 VoC, 150 Ice Breaker, and 134 Damage Hezen Vengeance. I'm a badass with weak gear.

Edit: Also, you've missed the last page of conversation.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    There are a lot more quests to do.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Yeah, for as much bitching as we (okay, mostly me) did last night in IB we still did pretty well. I wonder if there's a way if I can figure out of Destiny or my internet is the reason I go from good connection to "OMFG HOW MANY MELEE HITS CAN THAT GUY TAKE. Oh there he died long after I've been dead and I get a postmortem medal". It's quite frustrating. Had the same problem on Tuesday. When I had a bad connection I did horribly but later when my connection stabilized I had some really good matches. It was fun. Probably should have tried it while drinking. Definitely do that this weekend.

What coast are you on? Maybe it's not so much your connection more so than you get matched up with people in the UK, eastern Canada!

Central Ohio actually.

On Tuesday when I was playing with some of our friends across the pond I was playing far below even my mediocre playing ability. I was fluctuating quite a bit but mostly I wasn't able to deal damage seemingly at all. Later that night though when it was Radiation (jfrofl) and myself and I had a good connection, I performed much better. Like 3.4 K/DR once and only 1 match below 1.0 after that.

Last night, I'm pretty sure we're all in the continental US at least but the connection was all over the place. I'd being playing great and then suddenly in the middle of a match "why didn't that guy die? Oh, I'm at a red bar now".

This is a recent development as well. Like maybe within the last month. I have not changed anything on my end in regards to my internet connection; cable modem settings, router settings, etc. I thought maybe I had a random steam game updating or something but when I went to check, nope. Nothing else in the house was actively doing anything on the network except my network TV tuner which hasn't caused a problem before. It's baffling and frustrating. Like I said, I need to just play PvP with beer.

Ah well, as long as I have other PA folks to Ichabod Bowling with it's still good times. Even if I do swear more than I should.

Don't worry about your connection, Iron Banner prioritises evenly matched teams over connection quality. I've had equal amounts of laggy games on my own and with trans Atlantic PA teams.

(Anyone who doesn't believe this should go to guardian.gg and look at the team ELO ratings for their Iron Banner matches this week, though they're listed under Clash)

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    StaticValorStaticValor Registered User regular
    Mmm that feel tho when 2-3 Guardians stack up right in front of your Sleeper Simulant.

PSN staticvalor_1
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Got in a bunch of matches this morning and had solid connections throughout... I think only 2 enemy players with obvious lag related shenanigans going on.

Also managed to run Jolly Holliday up to around 40%... I think last word with a sidearm/machine gun is my new jam.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    i've been eating loss after loss in IB, but I finally got a good glove drop

int/disc, grenade throw range increase, scout rifle reload boost

ding ding ding

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    The new "This Week at Bungie" is posted. Don't bother reading it, there's nothing there.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I just found out about the NLB reload glitch

I am borderline aroused

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

I am borderline aroused

What's gonna happen?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

I am borderline aroused

What's gonna happen?

a9yhT0F.jpg

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Central Ohio actually.

Don't worry about your connection, Iron Banner prioritises evenly matched teams over connection quality. I've had equal amounts of laggy games on my own and with trans Atlantic PA teams.

(Anyone who doesn't believe this should go to guardian.gg and look at the team ELO ratings for their Iron Banner matches this week, though they're listed under Clash)

The skill based match making has been modified TWICE to the more balanced between connection quality and team skill.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I just went 27-10 against a team of red bars with NLB

I am simultaneously pleased and furious

• Options
    Some more fun palling around with Byron Anner.

One with the prevalence of snipers:

And another where having the wrong grenade on turned out to be totally okay:

• Options
    If you guys want me to put those in spoiler tags for the sake of easier forum-browsing, let me know.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The new "This Week at Bungie" is posted. Don't bother reading it, there's nothing there.

Was there ever?

Also if you get any form of mail from a Destiny Item Manager dude, or Deej these days, odds are its an asshole trying to get your log in info.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    For those of you looking to finish your ship/shader/emblem collection
    Community manager Cozmo put together a list of what's not currently dropping and replied in a forum thread that makes it seem like that might not be intended.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    For those of you looking to finish your ship/shader/emblem collection
    Community manager Cozmo put together a list of what's not currently dropping and replied in a forum thread that makes it seem like that might not be intended.

Man.... it'd be awesome if they finally released that stuff, but holy shit... Can they not run a script to see what percentage of the playerbase has X item/shader/ship?

If they seriously don't know that those aren't dropping that's pretty rough on Bungie's part.

Here's hoping they make up for it by cranking the drop rates and tossing out a few random freebies (a la candy/choco ghost).

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Bungie seems to test some things very well, and others....not at all.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot more of the whole "I just shotgunned a guy point blank and he turned around and punched me to death" stuff this IB.

Thats called lag compensation (it also hides how laggy the matches really are), a thing Destiny is very lenient with, probably because of their partnership with Activision, since Call of Duty does this too.

Its also the thing that makes the Red Bar Demigods possible.

@shoeboxjeddy

You complained that Amanda isnt selling rare ships? According to Reddit its been 113 days since the last time she sold a rare ship. (Glad I'm not checking that shit every day.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/47cpqz/it_has_been_113_days_since_amanda_holliday_has/

Probably bugged.

Ah... so it wasn't my imagination. That's... dumb.

If you guys want a laugh, DO read the Thursday update. They're going to tell us how the sausage is made next week! This will either be the saddest, most embarrassing thing or the biggest lie session since the last time Molyneux announced a game.

"When we want to make a change, we load up the change goat with our requests. The change goat climbs render mountain. Sometimes requests fall off. That's to be expected, don't be discouraged! 2 or 3 days later, the goat reaches the error checking oracle. The oracle is always drunk. This is also expected. Then..."

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

I am borderline aroused
    What's g--

I am borderline aroused

What's gonna happen?
    Too slow

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    My favourite thing about the NLB glitch is seeing snipers talk about how it couldn't possibly need fixing since it's an expert level technique that's so difficult to do. The reality is quite different.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Is that really a glitch? You can do the same with shotguns and other certain reloading types.

I mean, there's 2 things in all shooting games: a reloading animation and a "check" for ammo. They hardly are ever the same. This is just one of the guns where the animation is much longer than the check. Glitch? that seems to be stretching it.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, a lot of the really long raid weapons can have their animation juked by weapon switching right as the counter changes.

Or just waiting for cocoon, but...

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    NOT DISAPPOINTMENT!

Ruin Wings
    Mask of the Third Man
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    T R U T H (fucking finally, I've been playing since day 1 and still didn't have one)
    Legacy Heavy

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »

Central Ohio actually.

The skill based match making has been modified TWICE to the more balanced between connection quality and team skill.

It's also very hard to analyse how the matchmaking is behaving while using outside sources of "scores" for the various playlists. While I'll definitely agree that most of my matches, the average ELO of both teams were well within 50-60 points of each others, there are likely explanations to this. For starters, over 60% of the playerbase ends up being in that lower range. So your odds of being matched up against these guys is higher than getting match up against upper-tier players. Furthermore, those who get high ELOs in the 6v6 playlists are highly likely to be playing as a full or nearly full fireteam. Likely making their team waaaay above the skill level of your own and thus, the matchmaking system will make you avoid them. I'm actually quite glad we aren't getting matched up against the top ELO folks.

Hell, I looked at the game history of the #1 Clash player and his games his team average 1700 ELO and he goes up against 1300/1350 ELO teams. Skill based match making? I'm not sure... again, it's hard to say that this definitely points to no SBMM. It's likely a little of column A, a little of column B and luck.

Honestly, the simple fact that the matchmaking can take a fireteam with a guy from Western Canada, Eastern Canada, someone in Central US and the UK... it's impressive that 50% of our games are good.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    NOT DISAPPOINTMENT!

Ruin Wings
    Mask of the Third Man
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    T R U T H (fucking finally, I've been playing since day 1 and still didn't have one)
    Legacy Heavy

While it doesn't help me, I'm glad he's selling it. It's one of those exotics that's essentially mandatory for trials, which makes it problematic if RNG just decided not to bless you.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Victory Eagle II today! I now have all of Eva's emblems.

• Options
    Thanks to my trans-atlantic pan-american Ironing team, I already managed to hit Rank 5 on 2 characters. Hunter should get it today or tomorrow morning. Nothing notable from the packages, the 317 Int/Dis Chest on the Titan with Arc armor & scout rifle isn't bad. Only problem with it is that it's a chest. That's the one slot you tend to have an exotic when PvPing on a Striker Titan.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I really need to get a better handle on pvp. My k:d is beyond atrocious when I play with you guys and sure enough when I was solo last night I wound up having decent matches. They need a blue pill for pvp performance anxiety. :(

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I stopped playing right before they put in skill based matchmaking.

When I came back to play some IB I said to myself "It can't be that bad. People have to be over reacting."

I can say with absolute certainty no one is over reacting and I am having far less fun than I used to in IB. Even if you put aside the lag issues the fact that every game is now this crazy adrenaline fulled haze is just not what I am looking for. Don't get me wrong, I don't want every game to be a blow out either but it was nice when some games were nice even matches and some were a little less. . . Exhausting.

I'll grant anyone who might have problems with this argument that I am getting old and most of my game time is at the end of the night right before bed but. . .I am having far less fun this IB than I did in the past.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    I find, for me, that when I try too hard or get too frustrated, I tend to die a lot more. Like trying to make plays and getting kills at all cost puts me in a bad spot and I get whammo'd. Getting my ass killed is just feeding 100+ points to the enemy. Sometimes just hanging back and finding a good spot to go to try and poke the enemy is enough to turn a game around.

I also find that on Clash, it seems getting a really good heavy round is the one way for me to do very well (http://destinytracker.com/dg/4700612810). 9 Heavy kills and a 14 kill spree. I played that game super safe and ran away often.

I also try to recognize more now when a loadout isn't working for me. Like last night towards the later games I just couldn't get Mida or Doctrine to work. Switcher over to Covolance (http://destinytracker.com/dg/4699657211) and I get a good game.

I really wish I could be more constant in my game quality. But alas...

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I find, for me, that when I try too hard or get too frustrated, I tend to die a lot more. Like trying to make plays and getting kills at all cost puts me in a bad spot and I get whammo'd. Getting my ass killed is just feeding 100+ points to the enemy. Sometimes just hanging back and finding a good spot to go to try and poke the enemy is enough to turn a game around.

I also find that on Clash, it seems getting a really good heavy round is the one way for me to do very well (http://destinytracker.com/dg/4700612810). 9 Heavy kills and a 14 kill spree. I played that game super safe and ran away often.

I also try to recognize more now when a loadout isn't working for me. Like last night towards the later games I just couldn't get Mida or Doctrine to work. Switcher over to Covolance (http://destinytracker.com/dg/4699657211) and I get a good game.

I really wish I could be more constant in my game quality. But alas...

I wound up having a really good match when I went solo last night. Wound up going on a six-kill streak before I was taken down but I was just running around tossing grenades and using my Suros regime. Was nice to finally start getting on a roll after having 4 or 5 matches last night where I couldn't get a kill to save my life.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I need to learn to disengage after kills that sap my life away. A lot of times I'll have a slugfest with one dude, and then another of his teammates slips out from behind him and wastes me when I stay engaged.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Entaru wrote: »
    I can say with absolute certainty no one is over reacting and I am having far less fun than I used to in IB. Even if you put aside the lag issues the fact that every game is now this crazy adrenaline fulled haze is just not what I am looking for.

Honestly, this is caused more by Clash and the current content slump than the matchmaking. Clash is a clusterfuck of a game mode with very little strategy, so it's super hectic. There is also significantly less casual Destiny players. So generally, quite a few of us and myself included, are kind of like at the rock bottom of the skill curve. It's not like the game can match you up against worse opponents. The very casual Crucible players just are not playing. Like Hermano mentioned, most if not all of our games (and I checked yours too) are within very close ELO (skill) scores. However, those scores are at the very bottom of the range. If the game matched you up against better connections, you'd play against people that outskilled you severely.

Celian on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I can say with absolute certainty no one is over reacting and I am having far less fun than I used to in IB. Even if you put aside the lag issues the fact that every game is now this crazy adrenaline fulled haze is just not what I am looking for.

Honestly, this is caused more by Clash and the current content slump than the matchmaking. Clash is a clusterfuck of a game mode with very little strategy, so it's super hectic. There is also significantly less casual Destiny players. So generally, quite a few of us and myself included, are kind of like at the rock bottom of the skill curve. It's not like the game can match you up against worse opponents. The very casual Crucible players just are not playing. Like Hermano mentioned, most if not all of our games (and I checked yours too) are within very close ELO (skill) scores. However, those scores are at the very bottom of the range. If the game matched you up against better connections, you'd play against people that outskilled you severely.

But I didn't feel this way in the last Clash I played. Sure there were frustrating things and some matches were blowouts and what not but it wasn't like this.

Maybe it's just a function of there being less players. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Clash is definitely more stressful than say Control, because on the latter, you have an idea of where the other team are, what routes they'll take to get a point, in addition to the typical fire lanes.

Clash, you get shot at from lanes / angles you don't typically expect to compared to the the objective game modes, spawn flipping happens a lot more, and the mode itself is actually fairly hard to dominate another team meaning games are typically very close.

I also find it very easy to find myself getting in a rut of being disappointed in how I'm playing, and then struggling to adjust. What I find is just to take a deep breath, slow my game down, and really try to stick with team mates, if only to add assist points (I swear in one game @Gonmun, you got something like 6 kills, but 14-15 assists; K:D sometimes don't really tell the whole story).

PSN Fleety2009