As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a way to share equipment with your characters or am I imagining this? So my tactical gear on my trooper could be used on a new trooper?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The legacy storage , it just needs the the item to be bound to legacy . If it’s bound to a specific character then the other one can’t use it.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    You can also mail items to your alts.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    The other day I was fighting trash in Karagga's Palace and for a second I thought the trash I was fighting was named Coronavirus. Of course, that's not what it was - it was in fact a Gammorean Guard and how my brain saw a completely different word I can't answer for. But it did make me think that Coronavirus is a pretty good character name. Or would have been, if it hadn't already been taken.

Of course coronavirus is a generic name, and the actual name of the current plague is Corvid-19. And that's actually a much better name. Especially for an Agent.

The game doesn't allow numbers in names, sadly, so I rolled a Corvid Nineteen and a Corvid Onenine. I'm not sure which I prefer, I will have to think on it.

(Edit: Also I swear I'm not trying to be flippant about the potential death of a virus, I really just think the names are cool. Especially any name with Corvid in it)

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So uh, I just finished Chapter 2 of Jedi Knight

Man, the scale of this story is way out of wack with the scale of Smuggler and Bounty Hunter

I'd be surprised if any of the other stories are working on a scale like this!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Huh, and today I realize it's Covid-19 and not Corvid-19. I still prefer Corvid, not gonna change it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Huh, and today I realize it's Covid-19 and not Corvid-19. I still prefer Corvid, not gonna change it.

Measure once, cut twice :P

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Jedi Knight late game companion stuff
    Kind of a neat callback to the Bounty Hunter story, Doc curing Nem'ro the Hutt

And then finding out that my Bounty Hunter did go back and fuckin murder him was satisfying, though not as satisfying as doing it would have been

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Listen even though you found out you were wrong, “Corvid-19” is still one hell of a pun and an awesome agent name in any setting

• Options

And then finding out that my Bounty Hunter did go back and fuckin murder him was satisfying, though not as satisfying as doing it would have been

IIRC I think that was actually
    Skadge, and he killed Nem'ro before Doc could cure him, so Doc didn't get credit.

Which, if he weren't already bad enough, would definitely solidify Skadge's spot in the bottom 3 of companions.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    A couple of weeks ago, I finally succumbed to "gold fever" (as it were) and started chasing legendary gear and/or sets, even though I mostly stick to story content and the shallow end of the pool, where such is hardly necessary. Some of it, I think, was the notion of being "done" or "complete", and the fun of having new toys (the set bonuses) to play with. After grinding FPs for most of those two weeks, I've managed to outfit all 8 of my characters on my original/primary server (Darth Malgus) with generic 306 gear, got one set of The Victor (6/6) that I put on my trooper, and was working on Revitalized Mystic for my sage (4/6) ... and then yesterday, I found out that set is probably getting nerfed in the next patch, currently on the test server.

Well, that definitely took the wind out of my sails, and made me take a step back and think hard about whether I wanted to keep sinking all that time and virtual coin into stuff that could (and definitely will, someday) vanish or just, in the shorter term, be rendered much less desirable - "best in slot" is a moving target at the best of times. As you might guess, the answer I came to was "not really." So while I'm not throwing away anything I've got, I'm done with the daily grind, and will be saving my credits for other things (most of them falling under the broad category of "Space Barbie", I imagine).

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

IIRC I think that was actually
    Skadge, and he killed Nem'ro before Doc could cure him, so Doc didn't get credit.

Which, if he weren't already bad enough, would definitely solidify Skadge's spot in the bottom 3 of companions.

I saw that elsewhere

Buuuuut fuck that guy, I got no reason to believe it was him in game, so I'm the one who did it

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I refuse(d) to acknowledge Skadge's presence. As far as I'm concerned, I gave him a bolt between his beady eyes and left him a cooling, farting pile of meat on the floor of one of those prison bunkers, back on Belsavis.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

Listen even though you found out you were wrong, “Corvid-19” is still one hell of a pun and an awesome agent name in any setting

...y'know, in the Netflix show, Frank Castle was a scout sniper who was really fond of knives and had the callsign Raven...

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I've been picking up a few datacrons (I have almost none of them), and decided to pick up the two on Hutta.

I did, but only one is registered as picked up on the legacy tab. If I try to pick up the "missing" one again, it says I already did.

Anyone encountered this bug? Anyone know what to do about it?

• Options
    I've been picking up a few datacrons (I have almost none of them), and decided to pick up the two on Hutta.

I did, but only one is registered as picked up on the legacy tab. If I try to pick up the "missing" one again, it says I already did.

I haven't encountered that bug, but maybe try to get the datacron on a different toon and see if that clears it?

• Options

I haven't encountered that bug, but maybe try to get the datacron on a different toon and see if that clears it?

Didn't think of that. I'll give it a go.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ooooh, cool. (Onslaught spoilers)
    Finally put a Mandalorian through the new expansion. On Mek-Sha, when you meet the Dar'manda, their leader is usually terse and standoffish, but he's all but hostile with a Mandalorian Alliance Commander.

For various reasons I sided with Vette during Eternal Throne with my most-advanced Mandalorian hunter, so I can't check if there's any extra dialog if Torian's present--though come to think of it, I didn't check with characters who let Torian live but weren't Mandalorian themselves--but Shae Vizla and Akaavi Spar (which you pick up as a Bounty Hunter Outlander due to her working witih Mako in the intervening years) both get special dialog, so I can't imagine Torian doesn't.

I have to imagine that since Onslaught came out two weeks before The Mandalorian, they decided to put in the extra effort, not just for a player character, which would be expected, but to give Shae and even Akaavi, who I'm pretty sure hasn't had new recorded dialog written for her since 2016, a whole special interaction is pretty cool.

Edited to add: You don't need to be a Mando yourself; just having Shae, Akaavi, or Torian with you is enough to provoke the reaction.

Shadowen on
  • Options

Didn't think of that. I'll give it a go.

The game allowed me to pick up the datacron with another character. But it still doesn't register in the legacy panel.

If you're curious, it's the matrix shard one in the sewer tunnels.

• Options
    I just finished Chapter 1 of Inquisitor
    Man, poor Khem

• Options
    Taris Inquisitor
    Man after a promising set-up, recruiting not-Ahsoka sure was a real wet fart

"Here, take a pamphlet."

"Oh no! I read the pamphlet! I'm evil now!"

Felt like a Chick Tract about Harry Potter or something

• Options
    The concept of the Inq story is pretty cool.
    The execution is... um.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    The execution is... um.

Having finished the Inquisitor story, I feel this for sure

One nice thing, though
    I loved being able to finally save Khem from Zash

Anyone who chose to save Zash instead is a fuckin cop imo

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    The execution is... um.

One nice thing, though

Anyone who chose to save Zash instead of a fuckin cop imo
    Zash forever!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Taris Inquisitor
    Man after a promising set-up, recruiting not-Ahsoka sure was a real wet fart

"Here, take a pamphlet."

"Oh no! I read the pamphlet! I'm evil now!"

Felt like a Chick Tract about Harry Potter or something
    Especially since you never fully turn her to the Sith. Hell you have to go get another apprentice just so you can have a "for real Sith" apprentice.

It's a shame that they do such a better job at the corrupting a Jedi thing in the Sith Warrior story when the Inq is supposed to be the job for people who wanna be Palpatine. Corrupting people is kinda his thing.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ashara's companion storyline
    just seems to assume that you're going to be a reformer, if not outright LS. And neither of my Inqs were really interested in that, only surviving and/or acquiring more power for themselves.

She's a stubborn idiot who, frankly, outlives her usefulness as soon as you get her ancestor's ghost there on Taris.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    The execution is... um.

One nice thing, though

Zash forever!
    I cannot relate

She's obviously going to betray you again! Poor Khem was just trying to save your life!

• Options
    The execution is... um.

One nice thing, though

Zash forever!
    I cannot relate

She's obviously going to betray you again! Poor Khem was just trying to save your life!
    But she has so much useful knowledge and artifacts. And is, quite frankly, very likeable. Plus, knowing that she'll betray me I'll be ready for her.

• Options
    So for fun at work today I decided to rewatch all the CGI trailers for this game, since I hadn't seen them in a bit

But apparently I've been so out of the loop that I didn't even know Knights of the Eternal Throne had a CGI trailer? I was wrapping up the one with Arcann and thinking "cool, glad I caught up" and then another one I didn't even know existed started up, it was a truly wild experience

Is the star of that one the Lana lady I keep hearing people talk about?

• Options
    No, it's Vaylin, Arcann and Thexan's younger sister.

• Options
    There's also Senya, Arcann, Thexan and Vaylin's mother, who's the woman trying to get Vaylin out.

• Options
    For the record, Lana Beniko is someone you meet before the Eternal Throne stuff starts. Her (and Theron Shan) have a few "intrigue" chapters before the big expansions.

I was thinking they were the original tease chapters for Eternal Throne, but now that I remember they originally came into the game as a teaser for the return of Revan. So they've been around for a while.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    When playing an Agent, all the (real and imitation) John Williams music should be replaced with John Barry.

(I guess I can always mute the in-game and play my own, but...)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Double XP coming. They'd planned it for May the 4th, but with Stuff Happening, they're now looking at April 14 through May 12.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Double XP coming. They'd planned it for May the 4th, but with Stuff Happening, they're now looking at April 14 through May 12.

Double XP is now starting April 21.

Also, with Stuff Happening and voicework not able to be done for many characters, the next story update, intended for June, is going to be delayed; update 6.2 has become 6.12 as a result. However, they are still launching a new event in the vein of Rakghoul/Gree/Dantooine--a swoop race-themed thing.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    aw dang, I was looking forward to 2xp. Guess I'll have to look a little farther forward.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    So I picked this up again after a few years away. I bounced out when they implemented the awful galactic command system, so was pleasantly surprised with the current ease of endgame gearing. How does one make credits these days? Back in 3.0/4.0 days I had a cottage industry of alts feeding crafting materials to augment/aug kit crafters, but the increased complexity of top tier crafting has me put off. Once my stockpiles of tier 8 & 9 augment kits finally run out, how do I keep the Hutts at bay?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    So I picked this up again after a few years away. I bounced out when they implemented the awful galactic command system, so was pleasantly surprised with the current ease of endgame gearing. How does one make credits these days? Back in 3.0/4.0 days I had a cottage industry of alts feeding crafting materials to augment/aug kit crafters, but the increased complexity of top tier crafting has me put off. Once my stockpiles of tier 8 & 9 augment kits finally run out, how do I keep the Hutts at bay?

Do you have a cybertech crafter? Level 9 grenades still sell daily. And/or if you have an artificer, dye modules sell constantly.

Beyond that, you can do some of the new daily areas like Ossus or Onderon. Or do heroics.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Do you have a cybertech crafter? Level 9 grenades still sell daily. And/or if you have an artificer, dye modules sell constantly.

Beyond that, you can do some of the new daily areas like Ossus or Onderon. Or do heroics.

Oh yes, I have all professions covered across a huge stable of alts. Once all the crafting skills were maxed, the alts all became biochems back when reusable stims were a thing. Then they were not a thing, and I retooled the alts to support the other crafters. And now reusable stims are
    a thing again, because of course they are.

Will have to take a look at the grenade market on my server. Been holding off on reverse engineering a lot of schematics up to purple/gold because of the material requirements. I have three alts at 306 gear level and ten whole embers to my name.

Content wise I've been running FPs nonstop and showering in the gear fountain. It sure would be nice if the T11 mats didn't cost ludicrous amounts of jawa scrap.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    The fastest heroics across multiple alts is the simplest fastest way to make a shit-ton of credits without becoming an auction house tycoon.