Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My friends and I were bored during Raw so we worked our way through that USA Today superhero bracket and debated on each fight

The winner ended up being
    Doctor Strange, who defeated Shazam in the finals

The semi finalists were Scarlet Witch and Aquaman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I sort of don't get the excuse of Bruce Timm being part of the Killing Joke movie meaning that it gets a pass.

Like, sure, he's great.

But this is not the same situation as an original piece of media like Gods and Monsters.

This is an unnecessary rehashing of a tired, outdated and harmful story.

And unless they make some major changes, it's still going to be that story.

To be honest, the fact that he's associating himself with it kind of makes me think a little bit less of him.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i didn't even like the killing joke when i read it in the early nineties

i don't even think there is a word for how over it i am at this point

bring me an adaptation of the longbow hunters, or mogo doesn't socialize instead

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Man, if we're going to keep getting DCAU movies adapted from existing comics

then give me my freakin' Year 100 movie

I want some weirdo ugly arthouse Batman in ripped cargo pants and false teeth

Veldrin on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I want to see krypto the superdog tear darkseid's throat out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I picked up the first Sex Criminals hardcover over the weekend. I'll start reading it tomorrow, maybe?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I bought that with Christmas money I got from my mother (specifically to buy comics - it's easier than her trying to decide exactly what to get me).

I sent her a picture of the cover (which is labelled BIG HARD SEX CRIMINALS) when it arrived to say thanks and got back 'That looks....interesting?'

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    On episode 11 of Daredevil

Man they really set up Shadowland in this season, huh

Makes sense The Hand is the major threat of Season 2

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Okay, I just got through issue 27 of USM

As I was reading it I realized I'd actually already read all of this before, I think I even own the trades! But it was still nice for the refresher

Also all of the Nick Fury/Peter Parker scenes were especially great knowing that that interaction is technically possible now

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really like what I have read of USM, but Bagley has no idea how to draw normal people in normal clothes. His superhero stuff I'd very dynamic and great though.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

hell, gimme vampire batman going batshit (lol) and breaking into Arkham to eat everything that moves.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Well he did it Mongol. I think it was Mongol. I really hated that comic

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Part of what this first arc is about is Power Man and Iron Fist actually coming back together and reforming for all intents and purposes Heroes for Hire, the original incarnation where it's just the two of them, and then from there it's really going to be an exploration of how this partnership and friendship impacts not just the lives of Luke and Danny, but how it impacts the entire Marvel Universe. I was going to say the city of New York, but it's going to be much bigger than that.

I'm going to play with this notion that as a duo they're one of the most respected and feared crime fighting duos of all time. Then at the same time I'm going to play with the notion that when you see them sort of behind the scenes that how could anybody be afraid of these guys? All they seem to do is argue all the time about some of the dumbest things you could possibly imagine. [Laughs]

We're going to see them really come into their own not just as a team, but how do you grow in a relationship? Because that's what they're in. It's not romantic or sexual, but it's a relationship nonetheless. And when you're in a very close relationship like they're in it affects you. It changes you, it helps you grow into another person, and you don't always do that willingly. A lot of times you fight those changes, and that's another part of what we're going to be exploring. So there's going to be some pretty cool stuff coming up.

This book is everything I ever wanted out of a relaunched Luke and Danny buddy book

I am so happy it exists

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Zero Year, The Black Mirror and Year One are all tied for my favorite Batman stories

Year One, the comic in which Batman pees his pants?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    No
    That's widening gyre

It's a goatse joke, you see

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Part of what this first arc is about is Power Man and Iron Fist actually coming back together and reforming for all intents and purposes Heroes for Hire, the original incarnation where it's just the two of them, and then from there it's really going to be an exploration of how this partnership and friendship impacts not just the lives of Luke and Danny, but how it impacts the entire Marvel Universe. I was going to say the city of New York, but it's going to be much bigger than that.

I'm going to play with this notion that as a duo they're one of the most respected and feared crime fighting duos of all time. Then at the same time I'm going to play with the notion that when you see them sort of behind the scenes that how could anybody be afraid of these guys? All they seem to do is argue all the time about some of the dumbest things you could possibly imagine. [Laughs]

We're going to see them really come into their own not just as a team, but how do you grow in a relationship? Because that's what they're in. It's not romantic or sexual, but it's a relationship nonetheless. And when you're in a very close relationship like they're in it affects you. It changes you, it helps you grow into another person, and you don't always do that willingly. A lot of times you fight those changes, and that's another part of what we're going to be exploring. So there's going to be some pretty cool stuff coming up.

This book is everything I ever wanted out of a relaunched Luke and Danny buddy book

I am so happy it exists

Yeah, that all sounds fantastic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    i didn't even like the killing joke when i read it in the early nineties

i don't even think there is a word for how over it i am at this point

bring me an adaptation of the longbow hunters, or mogo doesn't socialize instead

They adapted Mogo Doesn't Socialize for the second GL animated film, Emerald Knights. Bolphunga was voiced by Roddy Piper. It was pretty great. I'd love to see a Longbow Hunters adaptation too. With Arrow being so popular on TV, one would think it would be a shoe in.

Worsel96 on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    did Batman really piss himself in the widening gyre

really

I know it's kevin smith but

really

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    when I was playing i liked storm, because you could just turn on hurricane and fly around aoe damaging everything to death without paying attention

throw the occasional lightning bolt

that game had way too much stuff going on with items and such for me to stick with it

I have spent 70 hours in that game and never once used a crafting element and I never will

I also have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing when I log in now, I thought I hit the end game? But maybe I didn't?

Like I lost the thread of quests and everything is just so busy I am put off of trying to pick it back up again

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

really

really

There's a scene where he recalls that great bit from Year One where he crashes the party and tells those dudes that they're not safe from him

And he reveals that he wasn't prepared for how powerful the shock wave from those charges would be and it caused a bladder spasm

I think he's telling this to the Joker for some reason

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

really

really

There's a scene where he recalls that great bit from Year One where he crashes the party and tells those dudes that they're not safe from him

And he reveals that he wasn't prepared for how powerful the shock wave from those charges would be and it caused a bladder spasm

I think he's telling this to the Joker for some reason

Are the two of them hanging out outside a convenience store?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I hear that Kevin Smith's Joker also says fuck a lot

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    it's not the joker, it's some young hero kid

kevin's defense is that it's batman trying to comfort a young new hero. like, even the most badass of us mess up/get embarrassed.

but yeah, still kinda like "wait...what?"

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    I hear that Kevin Smith's Joker also says fuck a lot

the only thing i remember from smith's cacophony series is that he suuuuper pushed the idea that joker was gay for batman

and it was really uncomfortable

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Give it to me right NOW!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yesssss

Its good to be excited about the netflix stuff again

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I just found out last night that there's a new Pee-Wee movie coming to Netflix on Friday and I'm much more excited for that than Daredevil

• Options

really

really

Also Poison Ivy got Batman high on weed

• Options
    Yesssss

I was really down on House of Cards after the last couple of seasons but after some rave reviews in the TV thread I gave Season 4 a shot and it's really good. Also more Kimmy Schmidt next month.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Keith wrote: »

really

really

It would be more surprising if Kevin Smith didn't put something like that in there.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

really

really

Kevin Smith discovering marijuana was an inflection point of stupid in Kevin Smith's life journey

• Options
    Yesssss

I was really down on House of Cards after the last couple of seasons but after some rave reviews in the TV thread I gave Season 4 a shot and it's really good. Also more Kimmy Schmidt next month.

I watched the first episode and so far think they should rename it House Of Bored. Hot take.

I don't know how they took a fast paced, rollicking thriller about a murderous politician and turned it into the world's most staid marriage drama. Are there even any good murders in this one? Be honest.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    l liked Kevin Smith's stuff way more before he became the spokesman for weed. I believe he started around Zack & Miri. In his current creative state I just have doubts I'll enjoy anything as much as I did Dogma or Clerks 2. I know a lot of people don't like his stuff, but it definitely became more juvenile post working with Seth Rogan...

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Yesssss

I watched the first episode and so far think they should rename it House Of Bored. Hot take.

I don't know how they took a fast paced, rollicking thriller about a murderous politician and turned it into the world's most staid marriage drama. Are there even any good murders in this one? Be honest.

Well they murdered your interest :D

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    When I saw that Robin Wright Penn is an exec producer now I picture a meeting where she told the writers all the exciting ways that the season could focus on her and nobody having the heart to tell her that she plays the most boring character in the history of time.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    There is a murder in season two of House of Cards that was pretty enjoyable to watch happen.

But there was a murder in season three that was so distasteful and no one wanted it to happen.

So, I don't know...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yesssss

Sorry I meant the marvel netflix stuff, didn't like Jessica Jones

Netflix originals overall are pretty high quality

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh man. That Daredevil Season 2 trailer has done its job. I wasn't too excited for more Daredevil after season 1. I didn't enjoy the second half of the season nearly as much as the first half. But this looks really good.

• Options
    Yesssss

I'm only halfway through, but they do dispense with the marriage drama which, thank god, because that was incredibly tedious. Not a lot in the way of cold-blooded murders so far, but there are at least a couple of interesting deaths.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.