Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Sims: Literally every time we write a scene with Professor X, it's like thirty seconds before one of us just goes "NYAAAAAAHHHH!" Out loud.

in case there was still any doubt, the right people are writing X-Men '92

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Further confirming a Civil War spoiler, Funko Pop revealed their new line of Marvel figures and it includes
    an extra large Civil War branded Giant-Man figure wearing the new Civil War Ant-Man suit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It sounds like he's King of Wakanda again somehow, so I don't know if he's still King of the Dead as well.

• Options
    Slowtipede

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Is he still King of the Dead post-Secret Wars?
    He is king of Wakanda proper again so maybe not

And even if he is, it is just ceremonial now as all of the other Black Panthers turned their backs on him for not being able to cross the line and murder a world

Now that I've been into comics for a few years it tickles me when I see continuity nods, like when that scene appears as a nightmarish vision to Black Panther in Ultimates.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Secret wars did reveal being king of the dead has some fringe benefits.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The new Horsemen of Apocalypse, from a future timeline apparently, got leaked ahead of tomorrow's Extraordinary X-Men
    Colossus, Deadpool, Venom and Moon Knight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I am having a real hard time caring about basically anything going on in the X-books right now besides All-New Wolverine for some reason

• Options
    I am having a real hard time caring about basically anything going on in the X-books right now besides All-New Wolverine for some reason
    All-New X-Men has been excellent!

and it seems that Warren and Laura are breaking up so that's one of your issues dealt with

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

And even if he is, it is just ceremonial now as all of the other Black Panthers turned their backs on him for not being able to cross the line and murder a world

Though at the end of Secret Wars
    He and miles were some of the only people who actually made the transition from their original universe, and still seemed to be, like, alive at the end of SW

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Got a call from my comic shop today, wondering where the fuck I was and if I was ever coming back. Added several more titles to my pull list in like...November...and have been too broke and busy to make it up there since then. But the timing is good because I JUST read my huge stack of comics from the holidays like 3 days ago when the power went out. Man, that Secret Wars #8 was pretty dope! Gotta get that number 9 and finish this beast already!

I thought for sure they'd have tossed my stuff onto the rack by now, but nope. They were totally cool, just wondering if I was ever coming back or if I died or something. And now Karnak #2 is finally out so I have my first truly compelling reason to go back. :P

• Options
    Hey is Namor still dead from that dumb first issue of whatever book ruined Hyperion?

Quire.jpg
  • Options

the reason is the m-pox metaplot is bad and the flagship book is terrible

• Options
    Hey is Namor still dead from that dumb first issue of whatever book ruined Hyperion?

yyyup

• Options
    All-New X-Men has been excellent!

and it seems that Warren and Laura are breaking up so that's one of your issues dealt with

I saw that but I have a bad hunch it's a fakeout

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube wrote: »
    It's amazing to think there was a time when you could put a Papa Roach song in a film and people would just accept it.

I never accepted it.

Yeah yeah, and every Frenchmen was in the resistance.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So here's a 12 minute gameplay video of TMNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6e3gxSoJ4

It actually reminds me a bit of the X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance games, in the way that abilities work anyway

You can equip 4 special abilities on each turtle and activate them by holding a trigger and pressing the corresponding face button. Each ability is crazy different. Donnie has one that picks up any ally that has been downed and one that creates a giant force field bubble that pushes enemies out. Mikey has one where he winds up and then swings a giant baseball bat, and one where a disco ball appears and makes the enemies dance. Fun stuff.

And the movement actually looks pretty cool. A lot of running up walls, grinding on stuff and gliding with parachutes.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ryvenryven Registered User regular
    is that on PC too?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    ryven wrote: »
    is that on PC too?

Yes.

• Options
    ryvenryven Registered User regular
    hopefully it turns out better than TMNT out of the shadows, or whatever the one that they released on steam was.. where co-op was completely broken and never fixed

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    This is the first time I'm hearing about Platinum TMNT having co-op. That's pretty cool.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm continuing my readthrough of Ultimate Spider-Man

One of my favorite things so far is when someone's not sure if the Spider-Man they see before them is the real deal until they realize he isn't going to shut up

This has happened a few times and it's funny everytime

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    been hanging around here too long

AoS
    Not-Ward asks the lackeys to bring him 5 humans

and I think

it's a new look for you, Zordon, but I'll allow it

• Options
    I'm continuing my readthrough of Ultimate Spider-Man

One of my favorite things so far is when someone's not sure if the Spider-Man they see before them is the real deal until they realize he isn't going to shut up

This has happened a few times and it's funny everytime

the end of superior spider-man comes to mind

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Favorite bit of Ultimate Spider-Man was the list he reads off to Fisk. Always cracks me up.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that page is so great

osborn all ....you

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    that page is so great

osborn all ....you

And it's great, because there's almost a fear there?

I could be reading too much into it, but it feels very much like "Oh, shit, it's THE Spider-Man, I'm fucked"

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It's amazing to think there was a time when you could put a Papa Roach song in a film and people would just accept it.

I never accepted it.

Yeah yeah, and every Frenchmen was in the resistance.

papa roach was actually the perfect band for dumb action movies, cause they could just play the riff and edit around the terrible voice/lyrics

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    that page is so great

osborn all ....you

And it's great, because there's almost a fear there?

I could be reading too much into it, but it feels very much like "Oh, shit, it's THE Spider-Man, I'm fucked"

Maybe not fear but he sure puts on his serious pants.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Secret Wars
    When T'Challa went back at the end of SW time had reset to before the first incursion. So time reset to before they turned their backs on him

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Secret Wars
    When T'Challa went back at the end of SW time had reset to before the first incursion. So time reset to before they turned their backs on him
    We don't really know how that works in regards to the spirits of the dead and whatnot since T'Challa remembers everything that happened and carried their powers and memories inside of him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So the new Spider-Woman series is great

And Black Widow also seems great

I heard Black Widow ended which is a shame since it's so good, but it's good to know I can look forward to more Jessica Drew in trade form in the future

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So the new Spider-Woman series is great

And Black Widow also seems great

I heard Black Widow ended which is a shame since it's so good, but it's good to know I can look forward to more Jessica Drew in trade form in the future

Black Widow actually just started up again last week with a new team, the people that did Daredevil for the last couple years

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    There's a new Black Widow series, though! It's even better!

Also you should check out the new Mockingbird series and also All-New Wolverine.

• Options
    If Mockingbird follows through on what it's promising, it could be the best comic of the year

And a really, really rewarding paperback to read

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Black Widow has a new series, first issue came out a couple weeks ago, from the creative team behind the acclaimed Daredevil run from the past few years

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wait a minute, Totally Awesome Hulk is already almost on issue #4?

Is just nobody reading that?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I dropped it, personally

It was fun and a good book but not good enough to make the cut when I had to chop my pull list down by about half

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm still picking up Totally Awesome Hulk, it's real fun.

• Options
    Oh huh apparently AoS kinda introduced a new comics character this week
    Manifold's name shows up on some documents and is referenced as an Inhuman that was captured by Hydra but has since been recovered and is healing up.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.