Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So the new Spider-Woman series is great

And Black Widow also seems great

I heard Black Widow ended which is a shame since it's so good, but it's good to know I can look forward to more Jessica Drew in trade form in the future

Black Widow actually just started up again last week with a new team, the people that did Daredevil for the last couple years

Awesome, I loved their work!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh huh apparently AoS kinda introduced a new comics character this week
    Manifold's name shows up on some documents and is referenced as an Inhuman that was captured by Hydra but has since been recovered and is healing up.

That's cool!
    I hope they actually keep him Indigenous Australian if he features in the show. It'd be great to see more Aboriginal folk getting parts in mainstream stuff.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Manifold's name shows up on some documents and is referenced as an Inhuman that was captured by Hydra but has since been recovered and is healing up.
    So that's Quake, Slingshot and Manifold. I'm guessing they're just going to use Creel instead of his son, Jerry Sledge.

That leaves J.T. Slade (Hellfire), Alexander Aaron (Phobos) and Sebastian Druid as remaining Secret Warriors they could reinterpret. The Secret Warriors are coming together.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I really like what I have read of USM, but Bagley has no idea how to draw normal people in normal clothes. His superhero stuff I'd very dynamic and great though.

Now, to be fair, I was in high school in New York around the same time I started reading USM, and people did dress like that.

How I see it is that's it's a different universe. An ultimate comics universe :P with ultimatly bad fashion sense :P

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So that's Quake, Slingshot and Manifold. I'm guessing they're just going to use Creel instead of his son, Jerry Sledge.

That leaves J.T. Slade (Hellfire), Alexander Aaron (Phobos) and Sebastian Druid as remaining Secret Warriors they could reinterpret. The Secret Warriors are coming together.

You know what I really want.
    Keep Phobos as is, maybe just older. Open up the way for the introduction of the Greek pantheon.
    Most importantly Ares and Hercules.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Keep Phobos as is, maybe just older. Open up the way for the introduction of the Greek pantheon.
    That seems like something they wouldn't let Agents of SHIELD handle

That is a big enough deal for the MCU that it would be in the movies

Then again, we have Inhumans running around and the movies haven't touched on them yet so who onows

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Remember when everyone was positive that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were going to turn out to be inhumans (both in the movies and comics)

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Well it's a hope anyway. Their movies docket is currently full for a few weeks so possible shows is not that far out of the question.
    And I'm sure where Hunter and Bobby ended up at the end of this episode is not a coincidence.

Man imagine an Incredible Hercules show with Rookie shield agent Adamus Cho as his handler/partner and Ares as rival/antagonist.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Then again, we have Inhumans running around and the movies haven't touched on them yet so who onows
    I mean, they were allowed to have that Sif episode

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

I mean, they were allowed to have that Sif episode
    Having a guest star from an already established corner of the universe is very different from establishing a brand new one that has huge implications for the MCU

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So the new Spider-Woman series is great

And Black Widow also seems great

I heard Black Widow ended which is a shame since it's so good, but it's good to know I can look forward to more Jessica Drew in trade form in the future

Black Widow actually just started up again last week with a new team, the people that did Daredevil for the last couple years

Awesome, I loved their work!

The first issue is literally one long action scene and it's pretty great.

• Options
    International Iron Man seems like the very definition of an unnecessary sister title
    The bulk of the issue is set 20 years ago and involves college age Tony courting a new character who is also the child of a rich weapons industry family with no real shocking revelations

Then the big ending beat is, surprise, she's still alive and has an eye patch and appears to work for the Russian equivalent of SHIELD or something and has a kicked Tony's ass

I've been enjoying Invincible Iron Man pretty well but boy I am glad I decided to skip this one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    An eye patch, you say

• Options
    An eye patch, you say
    It's very in this season!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So Iron Man gets his ass kicked by Molotov Cocktease?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I have that DVD

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I have that DVD

Come to think of it, I don't know that Venture Bros has ever really done much with the Iron Man archetype.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Dr. Venture is basically Shitty Tony Stark now, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    International Iron Man seems like the very definition of an unnecessary sister title
    The bulk of the issue is set 20 years ago and involves college age Tony courting a new character who is also the child of a rich weapons industry family with no real shocking revelations

Then the big ending beat is, surprise, she's still alive and has an eye patch and appears to work for the Russian equivalent of SHIELD or something and has a kicked Tony's ass

I've been enjoying Invincible Iron Man pretty well but boy I am glad I decided to skip this one

So what you're saying is
    Bendis has given Tony his own version of Elektra.

• Options

I have that DVD
    Is it

So what you're saying is
    Bendis has given Tony his own version of Elektra.
    100% yes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Dr. Venture is basically Shitty Tony Stark now, though

Yeah, but without the high-tech armor. You'd think Iron Man riffs would be directly in their wheelhouse given how into Super Science they are.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Also International Iron Man apparently has some pretty sloppy writing errors in terms of time period and setting
    It is said that the scenes with College Tony are set 20 years ago, so 1996, but people are talking about googling things and have smart phones and are texting.

And apparently he goes to college at the University of Cambridge which Bendis thought was in London but is actually quite a ways (for Britain) away

Nothing, like, gigantic but that should have been caught by editorial

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Man, remember when we thought this was gonna be a Dr. Doom series

Can we just call a mulligan on this whole thing now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Civil War thing, not really a spoiler as it was in the last trailer but just in case
    Zd4gnPM.jpg

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I wasn't really reading comics when the Civil War event happend. Is it worth going back and reading on Marvel Unlimited?

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    no, Civil War the comics event is terrible

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah like most big comic events, there's some good stuff in the insane number of tie-ins, but mostly it's pretty subpar.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I liked the original Civil War for the concept, but the logic of who fell on which side made little sense to me and it definitely didn't wrap up well. Just my opinion though.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Civil War is a garbage fire.

Read Kurt Busiek's Avengers run instead.

• Options
    cwiiteaser-deadpool-174381.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Deadpool is weirdly adorable

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    OK. Busiek's Avengers it is!

• Options
    Apparently while filming Civil War Paul Rudd "borrowed" Cap's shield while Chris Evans was taking a bathroom break and played around with it a bunch before being discovered by Evans himself.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Apparently while filming Civil War Paul Rudd "borrowed" Cap's shield while Chris Evans was taking a bathroom break and played around with it a bunch before being discovered by Evans himself.
    Well wouldn't you

• Options
    Black Panther and NewCap are suuuuuuper fun in Infinity

Hey these United Front guys know how to design melee combat!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Well wouldn't you

Remember when Tom Hiddleston stole the hammer and the shield from the Chris's?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I am actually surprised how much I like Marvel Battlegrounds

It's a really, really fun Power Stone

The stages are all super fun, and they've made updates to all the old characters to keep them up to speed with the new ones and the new game mechanics

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I am actually surprised how much I like Marvel Battlegrounds

It's a really, really fun Power Stone

The stages are all super fun, and they've made updates to all the old characters to keep them up to speed with the new ones and the new game mechanics

I'd love to play it, but I will not participate in the toys-to-life thing, no matter how much I like that art style

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I wish marvel battlegrounds didn't have a huge buy in or I'd be all over it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Well wouldn't you

Remember when Tom Hiddleston stole the hammer and the shield from the Chris's?

Reminds me of the story about Chris Pratt when filming GotG. He's running around, pointing his gun at people and going, "Pew! Pew! Pew!" They asked him to stop 'cause sound effects would get that and they didn't need his lips making the words, and his response was basically, "I never shot a ray gun at somebody without going pewpewpew!"

This discussion has been closed.