As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The worst is when someone puts up a request at Pierre’s shop and then can’t be found for love nor money nor amethyst.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I stopped caring about those requests pretty early on. At least the timed ones, because fuck that.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    They're worth it for friendship points, but don't stress out about them.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Yeah I don’t really care about them.

I think I’m gonna marry Haley cause like yeah.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What do people see in Haley? She's vapid and disinterested in everything and everyone.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Maybe it's a facade and she opens up when you get to know her. Buuuut I've never gotten around to finding out yet. Especially with Abigail and Maru being right there.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I have six boyfriends and six girlfriends in this game.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    What do people see in Haley? She's vapid and disinterested in everything and everyone.

Haley_Dirty_Surprised.png

My kind of girl.

• Options
    edited October 2017

She’s all over the place so it’s easy to raise her relationship points early on without hunting for her. Plus she likes daffodils which are also all over the place in early game.

Drez on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    The worst is when someone puts up a request at Pierre’s shop and then can’t be found for love nor money nor amethyst.

The worst experience I've had with one of those requests was when Caroline wanted jade.

After a very busy day on the last day of the request I finally find some jade and hurry to Pierre's to try and give it to Caroline before it closes. It's 8:50, Caroline is in my line of sight, I open the door to their living room, and get teleported away because as I was opening the door and going through the menus with my controller to select the jade I pressed A while I had a beach teleporter totem selected.

By the time I returned to Pierre's it was 9:10 and the store was closed.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

Negging works, apparently.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Haley does eventually come around to farm life. She's no Leah though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    1h6dl8081wzb.png

Ya'll are crazy. Maru is the bomb.

inhmvbas1lwi.png

Wait, how is Shane tied for second place? You're not going to fix Shane! Shane is an anchor who thinks you're a life jacket! Run away!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    No both those lists actually make kind of total sense to me. Like yeah that adds up.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Leah and Penney are boring IMO. Sam is also boring.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I disagree with one thing from each of those lists. First is Leah being in first place. Second is Alex being liked more than Sam.

I'm close to having the community center done in my game. The things furthest out of my grasp for it are 1 pomegranate and 3 apples.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I disagree with one thing from each of those lists. First is Leah being in first place. Second is Alex being liked more than Sam.

I'm close to having the community center done in my game. The things furthest out of my grasp for it are 1 pomegranate and 3 apples.

I’m in Winter 13, Year 1. I’ve finished all but the Bulletin Board Bundle. I should have the apples and pomegranate before Year 2. I have fruit trees growing in my greenhouse now. The only thing I need to wait on is Red Cabbage.

Oh and I need to raise some pigs. I’m not sure I can get a truffle in Winter. Do I need to wait for the pig to be able to graze?

What I’m having trouble with now is the
    Skull Cavern. I need to bring waaaaaaaay more bombs.

Drez on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Game is unplayable until they add Linus romance options

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am in fall. My four chickens love me and give me many eggs for mayo. My one cow is giving me milk. I upgrade my axe to steel to get hardwood so I can build a cheese press. My first fall crops have only just started giving me produce.

I bought enough iron ore to upgrade my pick next.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I married Leah because she's an artist and is old enough to have her own place and well, obviously I'd go for her.

I wasn't exactly feelin' any of the dudes, except Alex, but he still bothered me because he felt too dumb and too Bro. Every other option for guys I really hated though (and I have no earthly idea why so many people chose Shane).

I reached max level in friendship for almost everybody, except the people I hated. The museum is almost full but there are a few things that are based on just pure luck, and I kinda stopped playing after that. It would only be lots of grinding in my future.

Really liked the game overall, though!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    People who voted on that poll are fart brains.

Who prefers Haley over Maru?

What is even happening in their fart-filled domes?

Ugh.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am currently best friends with Leah. Maru would be my choice if I were to restart. Also Penny just because of books and getting her out of that tiny trailer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    A failing of a lot of Harvest Moon games and Stardew Valley, as well, is that there isn't enough after marriage content with your spouse.

Yeah, you might have kids or they'll ask you to paint the house, but no fun dates or scenes and I picked them because I want to spend my life with them and you give me barely anything, creators.

But maybe that's just marriage.

Maybe it's all just saying the exact same things to each other every day.

And they're already your spouse, you don't even need to give them gifts as often.

The passion is gone. Now we're just together until I get bored and go see a witch about your memory.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I actually married Sam, because he's cool and laid-back and skateboards and is in a band. It also turns out he's kind of lazy. Also after he moved in I thought he was supposed to get a little half pipe to skateboard but he never has. Maybe I need to clear some space.

I actually was initially looking at Alex and then his giant ego became too obnoxious...but I decided to still be friends with him and eventually found out the story there and oh maaaaaan. My core group was basically Sam, Alex, Sebastian, and Abigail.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Finally got around to modding my game. Faster run speed, time doesn't pass indoors and fences don't wear out.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I can think of one reason people would choose Haley over Maru and it ain't a good one.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Haley > haters

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Alex is a sweet dumb boy and I love him.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or just the amount of hours I have in my save, but I've been getting more frequent game crashes lately. Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying when I've had a good trip through the mines or found an artifact I didn't have yet.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Game is unplayable until they add Linus romance options

There are a bunch of sexy Linus mods out there. Though my favorite mod (non sexy) is the diversity mod:

go9o8xogfyqu5bvjct5e.png

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I wish the Switch version had mod support. I would at a minimum like the time not progressing indoors.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I wish the Switch version had mod support. I would at a minimum like the time not progressing indoors.

Maybe I'll just buy this on PC instead and stick to playing Zelda on my switch then.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    bowen wrote: »

Maybe I'll just buy this on PC instead and stick to playing Zelda on my switch then.

Mods are nice but I dropped 80 hours on the unmodded/early PC version. Certainly not needed.

captaink on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The mods for Stardew all seem kind of... lame? Maybe it's because I play a lot of nodded minecraft so I expect mods to be a bit more transformative but it seems like SDV mods are pretty much just reskins, or very minor tweaks.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Leah can kick my ass and that's fucking hot.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    The mods for Stardew all seem kind of... lame? Maybe it's because I play a lot of nodded minecraft so I expect mods to be a bit more transformative but it seems like SDV mods are pretty much just reskins, or very minor tweaks.

look, I saw a streamer ride a giant eggplant around and you can't tell me that's boring

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

It's a fairly difficult game to mod outside of simple sprite reworks.

• Options
    There is a mod that gives you a mirror for you house that lets you change clothes and hair.

I would like this.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There is a mod that gives you a mirror for you house that lets you change clothes and hair.

I would like this.

Too lazy to visit the wizard?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I would like this.

Too lazy to visit the wizard?

Wait he does that? I only spoke to that guy once when required.

This discussion has been closed.