Options

I'm playing Over[chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    I've set a reminder to call the bar after work and figure out how I can bring a totally legit disc with me for karaoke

uh uh, chief. You have to show it to me in the book.

Multiple copies of the book so as you can't fake one.

this is incredibly easy to fix ludious

you aren't helping yourself

@delmain

you're assuming I haven't already called mark the shark and had an original mailed to me. It's funny. He didn't want money. Just "baby smell"

He wouldn't clarify any further so I just bought some baby clothes at the thrift store and mailed them to him

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »
    I feel the "redditors do things" subreddits are probably an under-utilized source of entertainment. Someone just needs to go to the trouble of sifting through them all and picking out the gems.

This opinion is entirely based on that one DIY guy who basically destroyed his house because he wanted it more "open concept". Tore out two walls because he thought they weren't load bearing, but never stopped to consider what was holding up the stairwell. His whole methodology was "rip out a 2x4 one at a time and see if the floor starts visibly caving in".

Are you talking about the guy who opened up his hallway that had that little triangle window in it? Supposedly he talked to an engineer before he did it. The engineer was totally wrong though.

Ya that's the one. Did the engineer recommend that horizontal 4x4 which totally won't bend like a wet noodle once things start to settle?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    ZUYniah.jpg

tips for PAX East informal Smash tournament

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I told my boss that I've been doing the cross trainer in the gym and now I'm obliged to take part in the work 5k in the summer

oh no

5ks are fun and short

I am a disgusting unhealthy hamplanet who can just about do them on a cross trainer tho

That kind of negates your two positives there

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    smash is such an amazing couch game i miss those days

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    r/nfl is a great subreddit

that's p much the only one I visit these days. sometimes r/fantasyfootball but that one's mostly garbage and guys not understanding simple stats stuff.

yup i check r/nfl and r/hockey p much every day. r/fantasyfootball when i'm trying to find a possible sleeper on the waiver wire. i read r/nba a couple of times a week

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    "Stamina" is a fun word. Stanaminamina.

• Options
    r/soccercirclejerk is the best

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I feel the "redditors do things" subreddits are probably an under-utilized source of entertainment. Someone just needs to go to the trouble of sifting through them all and picking out the gems.

This opinion is entirely based on that one DIY guy who basically destroyed his house because he wanted it more "open concept". Tore out two walls because he thought they weren't load bearing, but never stopped to consider what was holding up the stairwell. His whole methodology was "rip out a 2x4 one at a time and see if the floor starts visibly caving in".

Are you talking about the guy who opened up his hallway that had that little triangle window in it? Supposedly he talked to an engineer before he did it. The engineer was totally wrong though.

Ya that's the one. Did the engineer recommend that horizontal 4x4 which totally won't bend like a wet noodle once things start to settle?

No he said it wasn't load bearing IIRC.

It was totally load bearing because of all the sistered 2x4's supporting joists above it I think. Another few thousand dollars could've gotten him a beam and he totally could've opened that up 100%.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    "Stamina" is a fun word. Stanaminamina.

doo doooo doo doo doo

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I never had a group of friends to play smash with. I remember playing the gamecube one, sadly, by myself.

Like most console games.

Actually, that is sort of an epiphany. I think that's why I will never like..invite people to groups on Live. I have some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome and just assume everyone is a robot.

• Options
    oh i forgot i do check the destiny and league subreddits cuz they're decent news aggregators if nothing else

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage i am on business travel but i will try to find time :(

@Powerpuppies oh that's OK don't worry about it then. Beasto just thought you might have a better idea of what he actually does. Fortunately here our cup runneth over with frogs and rammers
    yes do not worry if you can't do it, we're just looking for second opinions from people who may have actually looked at other programmer's resumes for hiring purposes and would know if we're doing it wrong or if leaving off like the first 8 years of working here is a bad thing....i just won't ever get a new job if you don't look at it, no worries

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I told my boss that I've been doing the cross trainer in the gym and now I'm obliged to take part in the work 5k in the summer

oh no

5ks are fun and short

I am a disgusting unhealthy hamplanet who can just about do them on a cross trainer tho

they're short tho. over soon. Plus you get to see that you're actually not the slowest, wheeziest hamplanet in the company

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I never had a group of friends to play smash with. I remember playing the gamecube one, sadly, by myself.

Like most console games.

Actually, that is sort of an epiphany. I think that's why I will never like..invite people to groups on Live. I have some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome and just assume everyone is a robot.

My group of game-friends was mostly my cousins. I have a lot of cousins, though.

• Options

oh no

5ks are fun and short

they're short tho. over soon. Plus you get to see that you're actually not the slowest, wheeziest hamplanet in the company

I actually p sure I am

Everyone here is beautiful or coked up, I reckon they could all outrun me

• Options
    http://imgur.com/a/10DS3

He pulled out the supporting member with a crowbar/prybar.

He'll probably be okay. Assuming he doesn't live in an area that gets snow.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

It was totally load bearing because of all the sistered 2x4's supporting joists above it I think. Another few thousand dollars could've gotten him a beam and he totally could've opened that up 100%.

maybe he talked to a software engineer

• Options

maybe he talked to a software engineer

listen I've got a disclaimer

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
  • Options

oh no

5ks are fun and short

I actually p sure I am

I think you know what you have to do, Tav

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I've decided to try following one of those training plans to whip myself back into half-marathon shape. I find clear tracking and checklists and such tend to work really well for me, so I've got a spreadsheet all set up and as I finish the planned runs I can change the cell color to green and feel good about myself.

Incidentally, the plan normally calls for the biggest runs on the weekend, followed by a rest day. My day off is Tuesday though, so I shifted the schedule to put the big runs there, which means today is the rest day.

*changes cell color to green*

Phew. Off to a good start.

weird schedule dogg but if it works it works :star: which plan are you following, Hal Higdon? I really like his plans cause they're not overly punishing and have lots of room for flexibility

I did a good tempo run this morning meself :) made up for tapping out yesterday because of 27 degrees + piercing winds bullshit

I mean it was still 30 fucking degrees this morning, but there is a material difference without wind

I work weekends! They do not exist for me as the bastion of energy and free time that they are meant to be.

But yeah, I was looking at just doing that lowest level Hal Higdon plan, looks very doable. I haven't followed an actual plan since finishing Couch to 5k so I'm kind of excited about it. Unless we've entered an eternal second winter, at which point maybe I'll postpone this endeavor, all spreadsheet cell colors changed to frosty ice blue.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

oh no

5ks are fun and short

I actually p sure I am

Continue going gym three times a week?

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I don't think it's going to collapse, but it is going to sag and the dude will probably end up paying a bunch of money repairing badly cracked drywall as the wood sags more and more as time passes.
    i was going to do two 2x9"s for the headers, but, that shit was really heavy and i was doing this entire project solo, so, shortcuts were made
    Amazing.

• Options
    I've decided to try following one of those training plans to whip myself back into half-marathon shape. I find clear tracking and checklists and such tend to work really well for me, so I've got a spreadsheet all set up and as I finish the planned runs I can change the cell color to green and feel good about myself.

Incidentally, the plan normally calls for the biggest runs on the weekend, followed by a rest day. My day off is Tuesday though, so I shifted the schedule to put the big runs there, which means today is the rest day.

*changes cell color to green*

Phew. Off to a good start.

weird schedule dogg but if it works it works :star: which plan are you following, Hal Higdon? I really like his plans cause they're not overly punishing and have lots of room for flexibility

I did a good tempo run this morning meself :) made up for tapping out yesterday because of 27 degrees + piercing winds bullshit

I mean it was still 30 fucking degrees this morning, but there is a material difference without wind

I work weekends! They do not exist for me as the bastion of energy and free time that they are meant to be.

But yeah, I was looking at just doing that lowest level Hal Higdon plan, looks very doable. I haven't followed an actual plan since finishing Couch to 5k so I'm kind of excited about it. Unless we've entered an eternal second winter, at which point maybe I'll postpone this endeavor, all spreadsheet cell colors changed to frosty ice blue.

i did the Novice plan for my first Half. P easy peasy. Sign up for a race and you'll force your ass outside even if eternal second winter swallows us whole

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    With my wife watching so many of those home shows on HGTV, "open floorplan" became one of the phrases I'm the most tired of hearing. In every one of those shows they'll say it 100x times. I swore I'd never say it while looking for a house.

• Options
    I don't think it's going to collapse, but it is going to sag and the dude will probably end up paying a bunch of money repairing badly cracked drywall as the wood sags more and more as time passes.
    i was going to do two 2x9"s for the headers, but, that shit was really heavy and i was doing this entire project solo, so, shortcuts were made
    Amazing.

It'll probably fail in 40-60 years.

Also it looks really fucking terrible, especially since it goes from wood to concrete to carpet.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I have accepted the fact that I fucked up my back and I need to recover and can't workout hard for the short term

I will persevere

Every day I skip the gym a part of me dies tho
    That part of me is my gains

poo
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Walls are inefficient uses of space, all houses should be, in high density areas, stacked cubes, and in low density areas, perfect spheres.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    With my wife watching so many of those home shows on HGTV, "open floorplan" became one of the phrases I'm the most tired of hearing. In every one of those shows they'll say it 100x times. I swore I'd never say it while looking for a house.

Houses that have it look gorgeous, but, many houses that were built in the 70s and 80s do not have the size to be open, because you sacrifice important walls in the kitchen and you suddenly end up with 4 feet of kitchen counter and 3 cabinets.

Though I'd like to see more houses "open" because you don't need to segregate the living room from the dining room to the kitchen, you can just have 1-2 walls instead of 8.

• Options
    Haha I wrecked that toilet bowl

Haha poop

poo
  • Options
    I have accepted the fact that I fucked up my back and I need to recover and can't workout hard for the short term

I will persevere

Every day I skip the gym a part of me dies tho
    That part of me is my gains

you're not losing that much in gains

in fact when you get better and return you might find yourself feeling even better because you are recovered

• Options
    *looking through my agrees/awesomes*

*see an av i don't recognize. probably a lurker i think to myself*

*mouse-over to see the profile name*

it's my wife

*sweats*

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Open floorplans aren't inherently a good thing, either, and they're a bitch to heat/cool.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Walls are inefficient uses of space, all houses should be, in high density areas, stacked cubes, and in low density areas, perfect spheres.

triggered

• Options

it's my wife

*sweats*

Does that mean she knows I ghostwrote your emoji sexts?!?

poo
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Amazing.

It'll probably fail in 40-60 years.

Also it looks really fucking terrible, especially since it goes from wood to concrete to carpet.

It also looks super dumb cause its DOOR - BIG HOLE - DOOR on both sides the split looks so unnatural.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

oh no

5ks are fun and short

I actually p sure I am

Continue going gym three times a week?

I was thinking epinephrine injections directly into your scrotum half an hour before the run

But your idea is good too

• Options

it's my wife

*sweats*

She's the porpest.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    ps i'm sure it's very pretty not like DemonStacey says

WHAT IS THIS POST IN REFERENCE TO?

I can't figure it out..

Powerpuppies

@DemonStacey

just casually slandering you

I say Beasto's resume is very pretty, whatever Stacey says about it. That Stacey character real harsh on Beasto...

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.