Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Nioh: Onimusouls Action Available on Feb 7!

1363738394042»

Posts

  • l_gl_g regular Registered User regular
    I think it's more like there are some stances which just feel obviously good versus some enemies (whichever stance gives you Kick versus skeletons), and some stances which feel dangerous to use against some enemies (usually High stance). If you can optimize stance switching with Ki charge, it can be powerful, and it gives you more stamina back than using the dodge Ki charge... buuut, if you've determined a good strat for fighting a given enemy with a given stance, go with it. Nioh is hard enough already!

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    furlion
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    I think it's more like there are some stances which just feel obviously good versus some enemies (whichever stance gives you Kick versus skeletons), and some stances which feel dangerous to use against some enemies (usually High stance). If you can optimize stance switching with Ki charge, it can be powerful, and it gives you more stamina back than using the dodge Ki charge... buuut, if you've determined a good strat for fighting a given enemy with a given stance, go with it. Nioh is hard enough already!

    That is probably a better way of putting it. I did definitely fight enemies in different stances, I just rarely switched.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • azith28azith28 regular Registered User regular
    I'm actually kind of scared about sekiro not having levels...cause that means i will not be able to grind and outlevel the content.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • QanamilQanamil irregular Registered User regular
    I'm slightly ahead on levels for these missions, yeah. Just did Umi-Bozu which wasn't bad at all, didn't even notice I could use the fires to ignite my weapon until afterwards. I was just using charms.

    Managed to fall into the water in that level plenty enough to make up for having an easy time with the boss.

    Steam/PSN ID: FauxRomano | JBYC Podcast, recorded live and messy Mondays at 9EST
  • azith28azith28 regular Registered User regular
    Can anyone suggest a good place to grind amatea for someone who just beat the basic game difficulty, about level 120? I can do the regular parts of the first DLC level, but the boss is completely fucking me up. I know a lot of people use the hidden area where you fight human bosses in a boss rush way, but im still working on getting the sword skill to unlock the area (I've played the Kura all this time).

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    It took me a long time, maybe 30 hours, before I realized how useful blocking is. As a huge souls player it is ironic that a series noted for pushing players out of the norm managed to instill a habit that hit me in the ass.

    I finished the base game and NG+ utilising my long term "don't block ever" policy. Worked out ok (I suck at these games and the extra button to manage is just too much for me).

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook regular Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I'm slightly ahead on levels for these missions, yeah. Just did Umi-Bozu which wasn't bad at all, didn't even notice I could use the fires to ignite my weapon until afterwards. I was just using charms.

    Managed to fall into the water in that level plenty enough to make up for having an easy time with the boss.

    This level is really sapping my will to continue playing this game.

    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
    Heffling
  • l_gl_g regular Registered User regular
    it is bizarre that being a sailor is a big part of his backstory but he can't swim

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • reVersereVerse regular Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    it is bizarre that being a sailor is a big part of his backstory but he can't swim

    A good sailor never has to learn how to swim.

  • BluecyanBluecyan Oh great. It's Master BelchRegistered User regular
    That was actually a thing though, sailors of the time did not learn to swim for a variety of odd reasons. Most were very superstitious and it was seen as "tempting fate", as you are learning something that would only be used if something bad happened. More pragmatically, the ships could not turn very well, so if a sailor did go overboard then they were as good as dead anyways.

    In a modern perspective, it would be like bringing a parachute with you on as your airplane carry-on. Most of the other passengers are going to think you're paranoid and you'll probably spend quite a bit more time talking to security.

  • Ah_PookAh_Pook regular Registered User regular
    I think carrying around 300 pieces of armor would probably sink the best swimmer around.

    It's incredibly incredibly annoying gameplay wise, whatever else it might be.

    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
  • l_gl_g regular Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    I think carrying around 300 pieces of armor would probably sink the best swimmer around.

    It's incredibly incredibly annoying gameplay wise, whatever else it might be.

    Ahem I might need that level 2 piece of armor for fashion reasons
    but yeah most of what you pick up in the game is junk
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    That was actually a thing though, sailors of the time did not learn to swim for a variety of odd reasons. Most were very superstitious and it was seen as "tempting fate", as you are learning something that would only be used if something bad happened. More pragmatically, the ships could not turn very well, so if a sailor did go overboard then they were as good as dead anyways.

    In a modern perspective, it would be like bringing a parachute with you on as your airplane carry-on. Most of the other passengers are going to think you're paranoid and you'll probably spend quite a bit more time talking to security.

    Super interesting! I never knew this!

    l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    furlion
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    There's one hell of a difficulty jump going from Way of the Strong to Way of the Demon isn't there.

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • KarozKaroz regular Registered User regular
    Came late to this but was gifted the complete edition.

    Holy cow this game is great. I honestly think of it as an improvement of the souls series. While I may like the setting of Bloodbourne more (mainly because I'm ignorant of Japanese history, though it has grown on me in a big way), the combat and mechanics feel like both an improvement in gameplay and quality of life.

    Also a camera that actually stays locked on!

  • metaghostmetaghost regular Registered User regular


    Apparently folks should keep an eye out for an Nioh 2 Alpha invitation. People are currently streaming it and things are looking good.

    Bandcamp (I make weird rap music) / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
    KarozGnomeTankGenji-Gloves
  • KarozKaroz regular Registered User regular
    Hey check your emails because I got in this morning, downloading now and will report back.

    metaghostazith28
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank regular Registered User regular
    Super excited for Nioh 2. Nioh, much like the Dark Souls trilogy, is one of those games I've gone through multiple times and enjoyed it every time. I'm not a huge replayer, I don't replay most games...but Nioh is on the list.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • QanamilQanamil irregular Registered User regular
    Looks like more of the same in a good way. I really need to get back to Nioh. Something pushed me away but I can't remember if it was a particularly level, boss or what.

    Steam/PSN ID: FauxRomano | JBYC Podcast, recorded live and messy Mondays at 9EST
  • KarozKaroz regular Registered User regular
    edited May 24
    Yeah it is definitely more of the same (which is a good thing) with some new systems added on top. The yokai enemies continue to be freaky. Got to the boss in the alpha and it's beating me pretty badly. I can see how to beat it, but I gotta switch out of low stance so I can do some real damage when I get the chance.

    Also you create your own character at the start so I don't have to grind out 40k favor to be a lady.
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Looks like more of the same in a good way. I really need to get back to Nioh. Something pushed me away but I can't remember if it was a particularly level, boss or what.

    If you're playing on PC I'll be happy to do some jolly cooperation.

    Karoz on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe regular The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Nioh 2 TGS trailer:

    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Moon Name: Moon
    KarozGenji-GlovesBeezel
Sign In or Register to comment.