Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Just hit level 20; I thought it was really cool that I automatically unlocked my first mount rather than having to buy one off the bat.

That said, questing in the Barrens really, really sucks up until you hit 20, since everything is so far apart and Tauren walk very slow.

Im going to mention that you should hop on a zeppelin to the undercity and do quests on that side of the continent instead.
    Because hillsbrad foothills is level 25 (I think?) and man oh man it is the best.
    Also both plaguelands are pretty cool imo.

Definitely agree, the Eastern Kingdoms quests are overall much more fun.

rhylith on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    tag me next time you're playing and people are doing the no fun alliance killboy thing to you and ya boi will SHOW THE FUCK UP

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty done with factions in general. I don't mind the separation in the open world, but I really wish you could do "mercenary mode" so I could play the Alliance Paladin I made on launch day with other people.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So when is 6.0 going to 'drop' on live? It's usually a couple weeks before the expansion, isn't it?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So when is 6.0 going to 'drop' on live? It's usually a couple weeks before the expansion, isn't it?

normally 2-4 weeks, yeah

so people can get used to changes

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Just hit level 20; I thought it was really cool that I automatically unlocked my first mount rather than having to buy one off the bat.

That said, questing in the Barrens really, really sucks up until you hit 20, since everything is so far apart and Tauren walk very slow.

Im going to mention that you should hop on a zeppelin to the undercity and do quests on that side of the continent instead.
    Because hillsbrad foothills is level 25 (I think?) and man oh man it is the best.

GET PUNCHED

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Pre expansion is up on the ptr, ptr usually lasts a month.

I'd expect at least a month of 7.0 before Legion drops.

Also I was doing some apexis shit last weekend on my hunter in Tanaan and fucking Katrina is still there. I cannot imagine a sadder existence.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

Also I was doing some apexis shit last weekend on my hunter in Tanaan and fucking Katrina is still there. I cannot imagine a sadder existence.

holy fuck, that is devotion to being a giant dingus for absolutely no payoff

• Options
    My favorite thing about Katrina is that once she doesn't have 40 ilvls on people she is hot garbage and just runs away from fights. Meaning in Legion she won't be able to outgear everyone and will probably not be able to do that kind of shit any more.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I always wonder what sort of person you have to be to spend so much of your free time being that specific kind of dickwad.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    I always wonder what sort of person you have to be to spend so much of your free time being that specific kind of dickwad.

cartman or a goon

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Another Coalfist Gronnling in the Not Trash Idiot tab of the guild bank.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    how much

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Oh do you guys have one of those assholes too?

On my server we have a hunter named Saralonde who spends literally all day either ganking alts in Tanaan or killing the auctioneers in Warspear. No joke, the dude will spent literally 12 hours straight doing this, every day. If he's not ganking people/auctioneers, he's on a horde alt talking shit in trade chat about how amazing he is.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    how much

Free!

Just go take it.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »

On my server we have a hunter named Saralonde who spends literally all day either ganking alts in Tanaan or killing the auctioneers in Warspear. No joke, the dude will spent literally 12 hours straight doing this, every day. If he's not ganking people/auctioneers, he's on a horde alt talking shit in trade chat about how amazing he is.

katarina has been doing this since tanaan since it came out

and they were at it even before then

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

To be fair though, this person is Alliance on Cho'gall. So if the Horde decided to actually swarm her there'd be nothing left.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

To be fair though, this person is Alliance on Cho'gall. So if the Horde decided to actually swarm her there'd be nothing left.

Same thing here. Barthilas is somewhere around 85% Horde. Really the whole alliance population is the guild of groupies that follow Saralonde around and get thoroughly thumped whenever there's more than 5 people hanging around. They often try to control the entrance to HFC on Wednesday nights, and it usually lasts about 2 minutes before 4 whole raid groups tell them to fuck off.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

katarina has been doing this since tanaan since it came out

and they were at it even before then

Yeah, before Tanaan Katarina would pick one of the Apexis daily areas and go there.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I think every PVP server has the person who's got top tier gear and ganks people but is actually bad and can't win in a fair fight. Our server's is a feral druid named Sushi who runs away as soon as there's any indication they're losing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    And people say servers have no sense of community and family anymore

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I think every PVP server has the person who's got top tier gear and ganks people but is actually bad and can't win in a fair fight. Our server's is a feral druid named Sushi who runs away as soon as there's any indication they're losing.

well... thats PVP servers since forever

• Options
    Opty wrote: »

It's super funny when one of the actual gladiators show up and run them off the island, though. Sadly, Katrina is a Windwalker monk and, as such, can escape from any fight for any reason she wants and nothing can catch up with that.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I used to get on my paladin and see how many alliance nerds I could goad in to letting me kite them around a zone as a holy paladin.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Also I'll probably play Legion but I'm gonna main my paladin since healing is the most fun.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

I'll check it out, but I'm probably gonna try to wrap up Ashenvale first.

Seriously, Night Elves, why do you want to invade the Barrens so bad? It's called the Barrens. What about that is attractive to you?

Also, stat question; for a tank Paladin build, what should I be focusing on most? Just straight Stamina?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Strength more or less always takes precedence over secondary stats, then bonus armour (which I don't think makes an appearance until WoD gear, so probably don't worry bout it), then probably haste. Really, stat weights matter very little until you hit medium-high level raiding, the higher level item is pretty much the better option every time until then. Stamina is on every single item, so you can't actually focus on stamina beyond just getting better items.

Lorahalo on
  • Options

Seriously, Night Elves, why do you want to invade the Barrens so bad? It's called the Barrens. What about that is attractive to you?

Also, stat question; for a tank Paladin build, what should I be focusing on most? Just straight Stamina?

the removal of horde military fronts near sacred forests

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Okay, look.

I have been to Ashenvale.

There are plenty of trees to go around.

Maybe the Night Elves should be more concerned with those demon assholes who are turning their trees into scary faces? I dunno, I just feel like that's a bigger problem.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

Okay, look.

I have been to Ashenvale.

There are plenty of trees to go around.

Maybe the Night Elves should be more concerned with those demon assholes who are turning their trees into scary faces? I dunno, I just feel like that's a bigger problem.

How do you know the trees don't secretly yearn to be scary faces?

• Options
    the horde should have considered the diplomatic angle of asking instead of invading territory then

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    look
    we need those trees to build watchtowers and catapults and ridiculous giant airships
    we DESERVE that forest, the elves aren't even using it!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I think I got my future DH's transmog sorted out.

CqtelNj.png

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    look
    we need those trees to build watchtowers and catapults and ridiculous giant fire hazards
    we DESERVE that forest, the elves aren't even using it!

The Horde does not have airships, the Horde has Hindenbergs-in-the-making.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    well we got our ballooning technology from the goblins so yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

This wont come up until you're much higher level. But

in general
    Primary stats (Strength in your case) > Bonus armor > Haste until 50% > Mastery > Crit > vers > multistrike > haste (past 50%)
    Prot paladins are a little weird in that strength isnt actually all that good tank-wise but... I think we're still on the "Grab the highest ilvl thing you can find" itemization path.

I dont even remember if anything besides heirlooms has bonus armor on it at lower levels. And mastery doesnt exist until... cataclysm?

You really shouldnt worry too much about your gear until you hit 100 though. Normally just take the higher ilvl stuff because it's better (So long as it has higher Str+Stamina on it.)

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    And that stat setup isn't something you'll have to keep in mind for long either, a couple of those stats aren't even going to exist anymore come pre-Legion patch.

Dys on
  • Options
    Dys wrote: »
    And that stat setup isn't something you'll have to keep inind for long either, a couple of those stats aren't even going to exist anymore come pre-Legion patch.

Im really curious about how tank paladins stats are gonna be moving forward. Bonus armor and multistrike are gone yeah?
    Probably still gonna be haste > mastery > crit > vers but who knows.

• Options

in general
    Primary stats (Strength in your case) > Bonus armor > Haste until 50% > Mastery > Crit > vers > multistrike > haste (past 50%)
    Prot paladins are a little weird in that strength isnt actually all that good tank-wise but... I think we're still on the "Grab the highest ilvl thing you can find" itemization path.

I dont even remember if anything besides heirlooms has bonus armor on it at lower levels. And mastery doesnt exist until... cataclysm?

You really shouldnt worry too much about your gear until you hit 100 though. Normally just take the higher ilvl stuff because it's better (So long as it has higher Str+Stamina on it.)

Oh man this just reminded me about leveling up my Warrior as Prot with the fuckoff BA proc enchant on my heirloom weapon. I remember going from 1000 Shield Slams to like 15k with the proc up, it was completely batshit.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

in general

Oh man this just reminded me about leveling up my Warrior as Prot with the fuckoff BA proc enchant on my heirloom weapon. I remember going from 1000 Shield Slams to like 15k with the proc up, it was completely batshit.

I think they finally got around to nerfing some of the lower level BA gear. Because twinks in bg's were essentially immortal and also like 4 shotting people because they had ridiculous amounts of Bonus armor at level like, 60.

This discussion has been closed.