As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Respawn could have saved themselves so much bad internet mojo by just saying that. Video game PR is weird

I'm sure Actual Respawn was tearing their hair out while EA PR kept forcing them to not say it was in the game, cause they had a date set for announcing it already

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey awesome! I know people were upset about this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    To bad the movement will probably still feel like crap compared to the first game.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    To bad the movement will probably still feel like crap compared to the first game.

Did you try the second weekend

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I will continue to be super confused by this sentiment

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Official blog post: TITANFALL 2 PC SPECS, DETAILS, AND MORE!
    Titanfall 2 PC System Requirements

Minimum
    OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit
    CPU - Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
    RAM - 8GB
    HDD Free Space - 45GB
    GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    DirectX - 11
    Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Recommended

CPU - Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
    RAM - 16GB
    HDD Free Space - 45GB
    GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
    DirectX - 11
    Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Ultra 4K60
    CPU - Intel Core i7-6700k or equivalent
    RAM - 16GB
    HDD Free Space - 45GB
    GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
    DirectX - 11
    Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster[/url]

There's also links to more new videos in there

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Important to note about those specs

Minimum is intended for Medium at 900p

Recommended is intended for Very High at 1080p, High at 1440p

All are for an average of 60 fps

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah I did.

The acceleration on foot was just bad, you only really build up speed by chaining wall runs and using the grapple.

Which is fine I guess but in the first game you weren't actually that much faster on a wall than on foot, it feels like a change made just to raise the skill ceiling which is a thing I hate.

Also seperate problem, but the aim down sights frames issue I seemed to have was never addressed in either weekend, like it felt like it took to long to release from ADS mode and run away, so unless you get the kill (usually from a headshot) you are just dead because getting back up to speed in time is really hard. Again just a skill ceiling raising change that I hate.

• Options

Yeah I did.

The acceleration on foot was just bad, you only really build up speed by chaining wall runs and using the grapple.

Which is fine I guess but in the first game you weren't actually that much faster on a wall than on foot, it feels like a change made just to raise the skill ceiling which is a thing I hate.

Also seperate problem, but the aim down sights frames issue I seemed to have was never addressed in either weekend, like it felt like it took to long to release from ADS mode and run away, so unless you get the kill (usually from a headshot) you are just dead because getting back up to speed in time is really hard. Again just a skill ceiling raising change that I hate.

I guess I just don't agree, cause even in the first game I felt wallrunning was significantly faster than on foot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Yeah I did.

I guess I just don't agree, cause even in the first game I felt wallrunning was significantly faster than on foot

I mean yes, but being on foot wasn't an automatic death sentence either because you could still book it if you sprinted. Sprinting in this one feels like walking through mud.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, good, Attrition is in. The smart pistol is still in there, too, right? I need all the old man fps crutches they offered last time.

• Options
    Entriech wrote: »
    Okay, good, Attrition is in. The smart pistol is still in there, too, right? I need all the old man fps crutches they offered last time.

I think the Smart Pistol was even in the beta?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Attrition is in

Our long national nightmare is over

I now look forward to Titanfall 2

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yes. Attrition is back...hype returning.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I've heard people say that the smart pistol exists as an amped power up, so something you can do on occasion throughout a match. Never saw where that info came from though so don't know if it's legit or what the details are. It was not in the technical test, but gear for that was pretty limited

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    it's almost as if they specifically timed the announcement of their Dumb As Hell corporate tie-in with the return of the mode everyone wanted

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Marketing Ruins Everything

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I've heard people say that the smart pistol exists as an amped power up, so something you can do on occasion throughout a match. Never saw where that info came from though so don't know if it's legit or what the details are. It was not in the technical test, but gear for that was pretty limited

Yeah. It was confirmed by devs during a Q&A.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ronin speaks to my inner weeaboo.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

Yeah I did.

I mean yes, but being on foot wasn't an automatic death sentence either because you could still book it if you sprinted. Sprinting in this one feels like walking through mud.

It seems to me, encouraging people to wall run is a good thing. This isn't CoD and it shouldn't play like it.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Did you play black ops 3?

• Options
    Hmm...Even in the first game you honestly didn't want to be on the ground for too long for many reasons.

Titans, high ground, etc.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am glad to hear that Attrition is back in the game, also Last Titan Standing, being my favorite and second favorite modes from the original respectively.

Honestly I don't know if its enough to salvage my opinion of the game though.

Watching Last Titan Standing with the tweaks they've made to the game formula for TF2 is like looking at a pale shadow of former glory.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

I played quite a lot of it and the wall running is so different. It's much stickier and kind of clunky whereas it's super smooth and intuitive in Titanfall.

• Options

I played quite a lot of it and the wall running is so different. It's much stickier and kind of clunky whereas it's super smooth and intuitive in Titanfall.

Yeah I liked Blops 3 but its still very much a ground based game.

The wall transversal was for quick travel more than anything.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am glad to hear that Attrition is back in the game, also Last Titan Standing, being my favorite and second favorite modes from the original respectively.

Watching Last Titan Standing with the tweaks they've made to the game formula for TF2 is like looking at a pale shadow of former glory.

I am really honestly curious what other things you don't like?

• Options
    The game modes were really the only thing giving me major pause from the tech tests. Sure there are things that are different, but they weren't getting in the way of me having fun. I'm back on the hype train now

Steam ID
  • Options
    The game modes were really the only thing giving me major pause from the tech tests. Sure there are things that are different, but they weren't getting in the way of me having fun. I'm back on the hype train now

Yeah...I guess I'm one of the few folks who is actually on board with a few of the changes.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am really honestly curious what other things you don't like?

Let me see if I can dig up the big post I made in the podcast thread last time you asked me this, one sec... (at least I think it was you that asked, my schedule has been mad hectic so my memory is shite right now.)
    Movement is slower, maps are no longer designed to facilitate constant wallrunning, maps are built to be lanes, enemies are now highlighted making long range targetting easier and promoting long distance gunplay over close up fighting, flanking routes and outmaneuvering the enemy are discouraged, AI is removed from most gamemodes, the one mode seen with AI no longer has roaming AI but AI that only spawns in specific zones at specific times that must by farmed for points, burn cards are gone, instead you get a reward for doing well, which is everyone just taking amped damage, which means TTK is shorter, again promoting long range gunplay, titans don't have shields when they spawn, batteries must be stolen from titans and given to other titans to create a shield that does not regenerate, titans have less dashes that recharge slower so mobility is limited, you can't sustain a rodeo anymore, you simply steal a batter or throw a grenade and jump off, you can't customize your titan loadout like before, you get a mostly pre-built character titan (because all FPS games must be character FPS now) that you can tweak to a minor degree, the smart gun is gone as a primary weapon (is a kill streak reward card), titans mostly build from doing well now and less from simply the passage of time (originally they did not build from the passage of time at all, but enough complaining tweaked that)

Basically if you were like me and liked Titanfall 1 for its fast paced, constant movement with a focus on moving through the AI chaos and engaging is intense close range gun battles all that has been thoroughly stripped from the game in order to make it more of a standard 3 lane cod style shooter (like, this isn't me being cynical but near direct quotes from one of the lead designers).

Personally I hate it.

Strike'd through the part about attrition being gone.

Last Titan Standing without regenerating Titan shields is a very awkward gamemode, imo. Especially coupled with how they've slowed down Titans. I really, really dislike the battery mechanic they came up with.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Well, on that list they already said the two beta maps weren't indicative of the final game and watching all that dudes gameplay I saw a couple of maps that were much more traditional Titanfall.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well, on that list they already said the two beta maps weren't indicative of the final game and watching all that dudes gameplay I saw a couple of maps that were much more traditional Titanfall.

The map stuff is straight from an interview with the game director:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/96446/titanfall-2-game-director-on-a-slower-paced-multiplayer

Shacknews: How has your approach to map design changed from the previous game?

Fukuda: One of the big efforts there was trying to think of the degree of verticality, the sort of "swiss cheese" effect. But now we have a 3D "swiss cheese" effect. So we started thinking more in terms of simplifying the concept and using what the designers call a "window pane" effect, where we think in terms of lanes. Defined paths become the norm: the left, the middle, the right. There's a greater simplification of the player's understanding of the environment, so that the environment becomes more predictable and becomes less about just drawing lines across the map from any point to any point where it just becomes a mess. We're trying to make sure the level is designed in a way that gets these trendy routes and feels more fundamental.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Well I'm not denying that what I'm saying is I saw maps with way more wall opportunities than the beta had.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    To be honest I'm probably getting infinite warfare instead for my fps fix this year... :(

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sorry I just don't understand the large majority of those

Movement in particular I feel like the game you're describing is just not this game

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Devs have stated they have maps not shown that have much higher emphasis on wallrunning, but the comment on maps not being Swiss cheese as an improvement is worrying. A map described as cheese sounds great! That is exactly what I want from Titanfall.

Being disappointed for this long before actual confirmation of attrition, I struggle to feel excited at this news.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sorry I just don't understand the large majority of those

Movement in particular I feel like the game you're describing is just not this game

Well luckily there is no need for you to understand.

You can have fun playing TF2 and I can have fun playing other games I enjoy.

Win win, really.

• Options
    I mean

You didn't have to be a goose about it but okie dokie

• Options
    I mean

You didn't have to be a goose about it but okie dokie

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being a goose about it but that's not my intent.

I'm just saying there isn't much of a conversation to have about it.

Like, I don't like the mechanical changes, you do. There's... really not much else to say?

• Options
    I wasn't saying I like the changes and you don't

I was saying I literally do not see the changes you are saying are there and was hoping you could elaborate

But now yeah we should probably just drop it because like

Movement is not slower, I have no idea where that comment is coming from

So I guess I agree there's no point in discussing when we are apparently talking about different games