As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3] is locked down for another year!

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Even as a joke "something-gate" is so played out it's just tiring now. The actual use of appending -gate to the end of a controversy is annoying enough and it's been happening so long even making fun of it is old hat.

Yeah. Now we append -ghazi to the end of shit.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "-gate" reminds me of my favorite Parks and Recreation joke
    twitter-watergate.jpg

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I remember back in the Wii days when the release of every sonic game had the 'will this be the renaissance of sonic?' narrative

and there were always the die hards who would run to the forum and be like 'THEY'VE DONE IT THIS TIME GUYS'

it was exactly the same cycle for like 5 games

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Perd might be the best character in TV history

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVPPf3A4aw
    Lengthy look at Agents of Mayhem gameplay

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »

My opinion of this post is, I agree with it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVPPf3A4aw
    Lengthy look at Agents of Mayhem gameplay

oh man this looks rad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Eh, it's separated by a minigame where you find out the five fun guys are part of a scam being run by the toad who says the shufflegate line. They introduce the Five Fun Guys, you expose the deception with a minigame, and that's when the toad says the shufflegate line.

In context it reads just as much as a reference as out of context if you're familiar with what it was accused of referencing.

Ugh. Well now I'm back to being disappointed in Nintendo.

So are they going to remove it now?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9E8MRSN6BWQ

The voice talent for the new edition of ROM is a fuckin a plus gang

Cool, I finished ROM earlier in the week and it's real good

Wonder if they'll make a separate edition for the VO on PC

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »

Between Perd Hepley and Leo Spaceman I'm not sure which I prefer.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9E8MRSN6BWQ

The voice talent for the new edition of ROM is a fuckin a plus gang

Cool, I finished ROM earlier in the week and it's real good

Wonder if they'll make a separate edition for the VO on PC

I believe they've said that PC owners get it as a free update.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Eh, it's separated by a minigame where you find out the five fun guys are part of a scam being run by the toad who says the shufflegate line. They introduce the Five Fun Guys, you expose the deception with a minigame, and that's when the toad says the shufflegate line.

In context it reads just as much as a reference as out of context if you're familiar with what it was accused of referencing.

to be fair they're introduced before that in a different minigame where you find them in a hide and seek game.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't know exactly what type of game Read Only Memories is but if you think that a game with Dan Ryckert and Xavier Woods in it is gonna be released and I wouldn't buy it you'd be sorely mistaken

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    old school point and click adventure, I think?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Use headphones on everything.

• Options

Well

Shit

I guess you wouldn't be mistaken after all

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Well

Shit

I guess you wouldn't be mistaken after all

in practice it's apparently very light on actual puzzle solving and amounts to something more like an intricate visual novel

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh okay, I could be down for that

It's the LucasArts puzzle solving shit I can't stand really

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lucasarts puzzles will always be > Sierra puzzles because in Lucasarts puzzles you can never lose the game because of something you did/did not do five hours ago.

• Options
    They are both bad

• Options
    Wasn't Full Throttle a Lucasarts game? Because that game was radical as shit and I will fight the whole world to defend it.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Heyo, to this very day, if somebody even vaguely implies that I should sing something

I will always belt Monkey in My Pocket from Curse of Monkey Island.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Read Only Memories is Snatcher

EDIT: Just to clarify, that isn't stated as a pejorative or anything, if anything it's a signifier of quality

Maddoc on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    That's right, Snake. Body snatchers. That's why we've brought in someone else... a man from a dark future, with no human body for those bastards to snatch.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What is a snatcher?

I feel like I hear about it all the time.

Is it a Good Video Game?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Uriel wrote: »
    What is a snatcher?

Is it a Good Video Game?

it's a sega saturn adventure game made by hideo kojima, inspired heavily by blade runner

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Incidentally, by thinking of it as Snatcher

Maybe bad voice acting is actually perfect for ROM

• Options
    What is a snatcher?

Is it a Good Video Game?

it's a sega saturn adventure game made by hideo kojima, inspired heavily by blade runner

Sega CD

Ensuring even less people ever got to play it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what if Death Stranding is an adventure game
    did he already say it will be an action game?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They are both bad

UV I'm sure you're used to this by now but

your opinion means so little to me.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What is a snatcher?

Is it a Good Video Game?

I'm sold.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    They are both bad

UV I'm sure you're used to this by now but

your opinion means so little to me.

rude

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Counterpoint. Space Quest 6 is amazing. The sheer number of scifi author puns in the liquor store alone is staggering.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    what if Death Stranding is an adventure game
    did he already say it will be an action game?

yes, he said it will be an action game that will "appeal to fans of uncharted"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    It's a devil may cry style action game where your main weapon is a baby that you swing around using the umbilical cord that is still attached to you. Besides on the flash forward missions where the baby is black goop that you direct using nanomachines while listening to man-eater.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also that Sierra unbeatable thing is a bit blown out of proportion. It was only a couple of the early games that were like that. As a Sierra kid, those games really just taught you to save a bunch and learn from the deaths.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Also that Sierra unbeatable thing is a bit blown out of proportion. It was only a couple of the early games that were like that. As a Sierra kid, those games really just taught you to save a bunch and learn from the deaths.

Terrible game development decisions can't be blown out of proportion enough when they cause you to lose hours and hours of valuable gaming time that otherwise could have been spent on Lemmings or Heroes of Might and Magic.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

If you started on Lucas you couldn't switch. It was impossible.

No I don't.
  • Options
    As a LucasArts kid, I remember going to a friends house and playing some King's Quest and thinking it was some bullshit

Not only did you die constantly and need to restart from your save point, the writing was corny and terrible

• Options
    I somewhat enjoyed a King's Quest when I was younger

I'm not sure what number it was, but the subtitle was Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow

I never got too far in it though, felt like I probably needed a guide or something