Options

[E3] is locked down for another year!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Cory Barlog has also been saying that the new game will be not even close to as violent as the other ones

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Has kratos considered living in like, a town and not the wilderness

I want a Kratos dating sim game where he moves to the city of Akrotiri and through a series of mistakes and accidents he ends up triggering the volcano that destroyed the island.

Oh you mean Bod of War.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm so happy Barlog is back

God of War II is the best one and it's not even close

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Has kratos considered living in like, a town and not the wilderness

I want a Kratos dating sim game where he moves to the city of Akrotiri and through a series of mistakes and accidents he ends up triggering the volcano that destroyed the island.

Oh you mean Bod of War.

I'd chain myself to his arms.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

fuck that

EDIT: dogg if they have kratos mopin around because a mean ol lady wronged him i am OUT

Ok hear me out, what if after all the shit he went through in the original series, he found a lady, fell in love, had a kid, and then one day she ran off. Like out of nowhere. Just left a note saying "I have to leave" and it breaks his heart a bit, its been years since his wife passed and he finally opened up and now this kind of messes him up. He gets a little grumpy towards his son, some shit happens and his son gets abducted, he has to go and save him. He softens up but then he runs into his new wife again, turns out shes actually the Norse goddess (because why not make em a goddess) of war? Or maybe a Valkyrie

Shes the God of War the new game is referring to! And she went off on her own to do a thing that needs to be done, and her and Kratos team up to save their son!

That would be cool.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I want to play a Pokemom game.

What're those moms up to all day now that their young children have left?
    In X and Y, hooking up with the hot professor

I mean

RALvTQ6.jpg

c'mon

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2013-10-17-amd_corpse_run_13_10_17_2.png

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Is the new kratos cell era vegeta

This almost seems like a sentence

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    it makes sense to me

but i am a broken broken man

Shabooty on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Is the new kratos vegeta

possibly even buu.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    just watched the dad of war trailer, kratos is a dick but I like that you can see him try and just have no idea what to do, and in the world where fire spitting ice giants can jump out of the ground and dragons are flapping around he is probably a pretty good dad to have

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    “As many have observed,” the company said in a statement, “when viewed in its entirety the Nintendo Treehouse: Live segment for Paper Mario: Color Splash from E3 includes two jokes separated by commentary and gameplay that have no relation to each other. One joke has to do with Watergate, while the other is a nod to the Fungi Fun Guys from Mario Party 8. It was brought to our attention today that these two jokes have been spliced together and misconstrued as a crude reference to an online hate campaign.”

http://kotaku.com/after-outcry-nintendo-says-paper-mario-color-splash-d-1782492966

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    yeah

sure

watergate

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    man i dunno

i get why some people are upset about this but i don't exactly expect nintendo to be up on all the details of every thing that happens online

shit i'm a relatively informed person about this kinda stuff and i'd never heard of Five Guys before this

i'm inclined to think it's a random coincidence

which isn't to say that they shouldn't change it

they probably should now that they know what they've mistakenly referenced

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yup as a foreigner to American culture (ie from the UK), while I was reasonably versed in the whole gator thing, those screen shots read as a mushroom joke and a HAPPENING-gate reference. The fact that they are also apparently separated by a couple of screens worth of dialogue compounds that. I'm not saying that the reference isn't there if you are looking for it, but it's fairly convoluted and really easy to see how it is (hopefully) intended to be the more commonly read version.

It seems like the easiest thing would be to change the latter dialogue to remove the -gate reference as that's both the easiest change and also has the stronger effect I think?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I just thought Five Guys was a place that sold overpriced burgers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Even as a joke "something-gate" is so played out it's just tiring now. The actual use of appending -gate to the end of a controversy is annoying enough and it's been happening so long even making fun of it is old hat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    yeah

sure

watergate

I can't figure out if you're being jokingly skeptical here or seriously skeptical

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    yeah

sure

watergate

I put the video in question in the Nintendo thread. There is quite a bit of stuff in between the two jokes/scenes. I quite believe that Nintendo intended no harm with this. I agree though that Watergate jokes have been played out for years, yet they keep getting trotted out like they are still relevant all the time.

This is why splicing two different jokes together without surrounding context is a bad idea. Things like this can happen.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I think talking about how the two things aren't IMMEDIATELY one after the other is a bit disingenuous.

They are still part of the same shtick. It's not like they are in two completely unrelated scenes.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Kinda wish they would have said what they said, but also added on a "Even though it was not our intent, we're sorry that this has affected Quinn and have decided to change the Watergate reference. Though not intended, even perceived support of harassment has no place at Nintendo."

No I don't.
  • Options
    Kinda wish they would have said what they said, but also added on a "Even though it was not our intent, we're sorry that this has affected Quinn and have decided to change the Watergate reference. Though not intended, even perceived support of harassment has no place at Nintendo."

Agreed there, I logged a complaint with Nintendo about it yesterday (and I hope others did too) and put in there that I feel the joke should be changed so that the perception isn't there.

So yea, coincidence or not, they should make the change as a show of good faith.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Yeah. Nintendo better have an iron-tight internal harassment policy, because they are building the kind of public trail of iffy decisions that a future lawyer representing a sexual harassment case would just love.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really don't like that they used the term "misconstrued"

Whether it was intended or not that's still what it appears to be

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Like, good on them for even addressing it, which is more than I thought they would.. but it was once again "Nuh uh, not us nope. Why are people not understanding things we do?"

Thing is, I do believe them when they say it wasn't intentional.

No I don't.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That they even said "online hate campaign" is surprising for Nintendo.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9E8MRSN6BWQ

The voice talent for the new edition of ROM is a fuckin a plus gang

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Personally, I think it's a pretty good statement from them, and I think people are maybe glossing over the fact that Nintendo came out and straight up called it an internet hate campaign.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Personally, I think it's a pretty good statement from them, and I think people are maybe glossing over the fact that Nintendo came out and straight up called it an internet hate campaign.

I think everyone is giving them credit for even acknowledging the issue. However Nintendo is running a deficit in this kind of stuff, and even with the whole thing being a coincidence, a more strongly worded statement would have been a powerful message that they're not just out to save face here.

No I don't.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Dan Ryckert in Read Only Memories? Weird!

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I agree with you, but it's also worth reflecting on what a fucking travesty it is that a game company merely acknowledging it as a "hate campaign" is considered progress.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Well, I think it's "misconstrued" because it was a copy/paste job bringing the two lines together when in fact they were in totally different parts of the dialogue. (Assuming I'm reading Nintendo's response right.) So whoever did the copy/paste job was the one who created the appearance, not Nintendo.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh man, Dan Ryckert in Read Only Memories? Weird!

Also Willis from Diff'rent Strokes

• Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Well, I think it's "misconstrued" because it was a copy/paste job bringing the two lines together when in fact they were in totally different parts of the dialogue. (Assuming I'm reading Nintendo's response right.) So whoever did the copy/paste job was the one who created the appearance, not Nintendo.
    “As many have observed,” the company said in a statement, “when viewed in its entirety the Nintendo Treehouse: Live segment for Paper Mario: Color Splash from E3 includes two jokes separated by commentary and gameplay that have no relation to each other."

Pretty sure you're reading it right. Misconstrued is very applicable.

ImperatorXXV on
    r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Eh, it's separated by a minigame where you find out the five fun guys are part of a scam being run by the toad who says the shufflegate line. They introduce the Five Fun Guys, you expose the deception with a minigame, and that's when the toad says the shufflegate line.

In context it reads just as much as a reference as out of context if you're familiar with what it was accused of referencing.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    It's especially horrible timing when just recently the whole Alison Rapp debacle happened.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!