As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    The wifey is house sitting for a retired friend on vacation for two weeks because she has a pup (just over a year old) that needs somebody around and dear lord this dag. Complete dufus in the most endearing way, super well behaved, a giant cuddlebug, and is always super excited and friendly with new people or animals.

Best two weeks ever.

because she gets the dog or because she's gone for two weeks

answer carefully

It's 100% dag. Like, I guess having some extra hours of vidya the nights I can't stay the night there because of other junk is fun, but I'd still rather be hanging with her.

This is important--I need to know what kind of pupper this is.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Things appear to be going well with a girl I've been talking to on bumble. We are joking around and she seems to be chill? I just need to figure out what to say regarding asking her out on a date. I don't want to suggest coffee since she works at a coffee shop, but would dinner be too strong? I want her to pick the a place I haven't been to yet, since trying out new food can lead to new favorite spots.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    do you drink

is there somewhere you could grab a drink that also may have small food things

a sit down dinner for a full date can be much for a first date but depends

poo
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Things appear to be going well with a girl I've been talking to on bumble. We are joking around and she seems to be chill? I just need to figure out what to say regarding asking her out on a date. I don't want to suggest coffee since she works at a coffee shop, but would dinner be too strong? I want her to pick the a place I haven't been to yet, since trying out new food can lead to new favorite spots.

There's nothing wrong with dinner, though some people feel that it traps you in a specific location for an hour or so which some people can find awkward if they want to cut it short. Personally, I would suggest having a spot or two in mind in case she doesn't want to make a decision on the place to eat, it tends to come across better if the person asking the date has spots or activities in mind rather than being perceived as wishy washy and not having anything lined up. Maybe suggest two or three places that you'd like to try and if she doesn't want to commit to one then pick the one you would like most and run with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Since on Bumble women have to approach men first, I'd try asking if you're supposed to wait for her to ask you out, or is it ok for you to ask her out.
    From there you can talk about where a good first meeting place would be.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    do you drink

I do partake in the spirits.

I should find out if she likes to drink as well, she's around my age so hopefully she doesn't mind grabbing drinks.

Thanks for the advice!

Also I know tons of places to eat, so picking one won't be an issue. I'll figure out what to say when I'm off work and report back.

BillyIdle on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I got a visit to my OkCupid profile from someone who describes herself as a "Rob Schneider fan"

What?

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Found a bloke on PoF who is pretending to be a doctor, including photoshopping his head onto a picture of a doctor...

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    Found a bloke on PoF who is pretending to be a doctor, including photoshopping his head onto a picture of a doctor...

See how long you can get him to keep up the ruse

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Doctor Love

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Turns up to a date with a white coat and a stethoscope.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    hmph

like, one of my friends who i consider a good friend but haven't gotten to see much lately because of her work sched and stuff, and if i see her it's always in context of our larger friend group, tho we used to hang out a lot more

so i planned dinner with her to catch up and stuff

but then she invited our other friends (who i love dearly, but who i see all the time and you know, sometimes you need a break) without asking me first

is it fair to be annoyed (i am not going to act annoyed as i can handle things tactfully like an adult) - but that is how i feel

Speaking as someone who is Not Very Socially Intelligent, I have done this, albeit by accident. It's good she's making up for it to you in two weeks, but I've definitely been in her shoes.

I wouldn't do that these days though because I have precious little social energy to spare, and I use most of it to deal with my coworkers or the staff at my nearby grocery. One on one gatherings or nothing, please: group meets are acceptable at PAX and nowhere else, for me.

• Options
    Doctor Feelgood

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Doctor Detroit

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Doctor Mario

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Ask about a particularly nasty boil.

• Options
    So they are a doctored doctor?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular

Sometimes Penelope wonders if her mom married daddy just so that she can make a sick pun

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Maddie and I are vacationing Upper Peninsula of Michigan right now. Presently relaxing in the precious little cabin her grandmother owns. Kayaked out to a point in Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay, found some pretty rocks (and played a game where we found rocks that reminded each of the other's eyes), went diving for crayfish, and then paddled back to our stretch of beach and built sandcastles and canals

This is one of the most relaxed and fun trips of my life, and I really needed it after being a bit of a workaholic all summer. And of course, Maddie's been the perfect travelling partner, and I absolutely love her

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand silence.

Oh well.

:bro:

The nice thing was she seemed happy to hear from me.

We shall see. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Hey love thread...quick question:

Do you believe in life after love?

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Reginald wrote: »

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"Signs point to no."

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Reginald wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OALQ7a2h84E

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Doctor Love

Dr Jan I. Tor?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/9UZWfMgjqAs

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Doctor Love
    Hilariously, this was the name of my optometrist back in the day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    "Sex will be special with u mmm"

That almost ruined my lunch. Plus he's using a footballer's picture.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    At first glance I thought that said mum

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    do you drink

I do partake in the spirits.

OMG GHOST EATER

• Options
    I pointed out the footballer thing. "Well u can't have a pice of me cos I'm low key so pls it's not s loud ting"

He's changed his profile picture to a stock photo. This is fun.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I pointed out the footballer thing. "Well u can't have a pice of me cos I'm low key so pls it's not s loud ting"

He's changed his profile picture to a stock photo. This is fun.

Ah, so he's cheating on/trying to cheat on his partner. Wonderful!

• Options
    Hey Ange, has posting all these messages utterly destroyed your phone's autocorrect or what?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    The wifey is house sitting for a retired friend on vacation for two weeks because she has a pup (just over a year old) that needs somebody around and dear lord this dag. Complete dufus in the most endearing way, super well behaved, a giant cuddlebug, and is always super excited and friendly with new people or animals.

Best two weeks ever.

answer carefully

It's 100% dag. Like, I guess having some extra hours of vidya the nights I can't stay the night there because of other junk is fun, but I'd still rather be hanging with her.

She's a black lab/german shepard mix and is also a very good girl

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options

Best two weeks ever.

answer carefully

She's a black lab/german shepard mix and is also a very good girl

This probably goes without saying by now...

but I wanna meet that dog.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    "08/18/2016 12:24:54 AM
    hey x

08/18/2016 2:26:27 PM
    u wanna have some fun b x

08/18/2016 10:43:51 PM
    u wanna fuk b x"

No thank you b x

• Options