As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[POKEMON] more like team mystifying why you would ever choose them

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I like the idea of a wonderlocke, but the potential level disparity really bugs me. Odds are you'll either get a level 1 Pokemon or a random Pokemon at it's "in the wild" level which may be ridiculous compared to your team average.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm pretty tempted to wondertrade this fuckin' burmy given that it knows nothing but protect

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Saw a dragonair this morning, ~700 cp

now I'm the proud owner of no ultra balls

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    i'm pretty tempted to wondertrade this fuckin' burmy given that it knows nothing but protect

It'll learn Tackle at Level 10. What an excellent addition to your team.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    and some day if i stick with it and keep leveling it up it will become

fuckin'

wormadam

• Options
    and some day if i stick with it and keep leveling it up it will become

fuckin'

wormadam

More like wormadamnit

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    oh wait it's a male so it'll evolve into mothim

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    nuzlocke attempt 2 is off to a strong start

i went with yr highness but this is much better

I went with "my queen"

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    oh wait it's a male so it'll evolve into mothim

MEHthim

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    if i lose again i'm cutting the fucking shit and making them call me mommy

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    So far my biggest takeaway from Omega Ruby is "these pokemon are trash"

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I like the idea of a wonderlocke, but the potential level disparity really bugs me. Odds are you'll either get a level 1 Pokemon or a random Pokemon at it's "in the wild" level which may be ridiculous compared to your team average.

I was doing a locke in my first Oras playthrough where I'd do the usual "Catch the first Pokemon in each new area" but then immediately wonder trade it away. But I was re-trading too-high-to-control level pokes (and repeats because I did not sign up for a zigzagoonlocke). Level 1 wasn't so bad cause you can level em up if you want, and if it's breeding leftovers it's probably got awesome IVs anyway.

I should finish that run... I got sad and stopped after my protean frog died horribly to a crit. But I still have a dumb cotton candy pokemon that's somehow the strongest thing on my team.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    The very first wonder trade my wife did in Y was send some level 1 first route bulk garbage pokeyman into the void

And got a Japanese Xerneas in return

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    My friend claims that he just caught a Beedrill at an unusually low CP and then it turned into a Weedle at the same CP

And then he evolved it to Kakuna and its CP skyrocketed much higher than seems likely

Is his phone cursed

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    god damn you burmy you stupid fuck

Broke out of two pokeballs while doing the protect dance, finally got her down to a pip of life and then? Aw yeah baby you guessed it it's time to struggle

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    ....my nuzlocke is otherwise beginning very inauspiciously, lookin gen 1 as hell

currently sitting outside the first gym with:
    Level 10 fennekin (barfin' carl)
    Level 9 pidgey (pordgey)
    Level 9 kakuna (yung tuff)

I can't remember the gym leaders trainer levels but I don't figure I'll do much grinding at this point

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ....my nuzlocke is otherwise beginning very inauspiciously, lookin gen 1 as hell

Level 9 pidgey (pordgey)

I can't remember the gym leaders trainer levels but I don't figure I'll do much grinding at this point

There's a lot of Gen I in Pokemon X and Y. It's almost like a direct response to Gen V, which featured absolutely no Gen I until the post-game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Gonna start a Nuzlocke Pokemon Go run

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

Okay, what constitutes a new area? In the mainline games, a town would be considered an area, so you could only catch one thing there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

same. was thinkin of using the no gofundme clause to buy the rv I'll be traveling the country in though, otherwise it's p easy

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    My run is off to a rip roaring start with a chespin, scatterbug, and metapod. Every flying and fire type I meet is terrifying and my Scatterbug got a """lucky""" crit on the fletchling that was supposed to be my fourth pokemon.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    So kecleon died but now I have a rhyhorn, inkay, and floette to bolster ranks. Birdbud has been boxed for now

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

Well sure, if you're bad that'll happen

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular

Level 9 pidgey (pordgey)

There's a lot of Gen I in Pokemon X and Y. It's almost like a direct response to Gen V, which featured absolutely no Gen I until the post-game.

Gen V having all new pokes was so awesome. I somehow managed to not spoil myself on anything so literally every time I entered some grass it was like, "HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT", "HOLY CRAP WHY are KARATE Bert and Ernie in this game!?"

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So I am joining you in your weird little runs. I am catching one Pokemon per area and wonder trading it. And I am also going to wonder trade all gift pokes. So far I have received Charmander at lv 1, Sceptile at 34, Diggersby at 31, Illumise at 22, and I just got one that was level 13 that I cannot remember because I had to save and shut off.

• Options
    RawrBear wrote: »

Level 9 pidgey (pordgey)

Gen V having all new pokes was so awesome. I somehow managed to not spoil myself on anything so literally every time I entered some grass it was like, "HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT", "HOLY CRAP WHY are KARATE Bert and Ernie in this game!?"

I liked it but there were a few cases where the design philosophy was clearly"subbing in for the standards". Especially the cave 'mons. Still made up for it with an overall great roster and one of the biggest crops of new type combos

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2016
    Any idea why a trainer would stop rematching me in oras? Trying to farm trainer drops, but after ten matches they just stopped being ready no matter how much I walk

Knob on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fCkeLBGSINs

They got the original dude to redo the theme song

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    whoever designed Diggersby is an ACTUAL CRIMINAL I HATE IT SO MUCH

• Options
    Holy shit this dude only made a few hundred bucks for doing the original theme song

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Well there goes that idea. Bank won't get past the title screen if it doesn't find save data for a gen 6 game.

At least it told me that before it took any money.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Holy shit this dude only made a few hundred bucks for doing the original theme song

so did the voice actors

• Options
    Wait really

Did they just make no money for years of work

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    My run is off to a rip roaring start with a chespin, scatterbug, and metapod. Every flying and fire type I meet is terrifying and my Scatterbug got a """lucky""" crit on the fletchling that was supposed to be my fourth pokemon.

Update: Infestation sucks and my entire team is dead

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Yeah infestation is why my first run ended, and it still managed to claim my fennekin this time

Currently running with a wartortle, beedrill, bunnelby, litleo, skiddo, and ledyba

Got burmy and sentret boxed

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I think that I'm going to go into Sun/Moon "blind."

Like, I'm still going to check out all the new pokes, but I'm going to try to avoid things like abilities, base stats, and movepools, because I am a sheep and only want to use pokemon that other people tell me are good.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    New plan. My wife has given me permission to wipe her old copy of Pearl. Nuzlocke go!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    PSA for anyone who's not as far as me

There's a double battle with two furfrous on the left path leading from the big palace, and apparently furfrou is way stronger than i remembered it being because they fucking ate my litleo, wartortle, and bunnelby

Looking forward to the upcoming cave full of rock types without any water or ground moves!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Furfrou have pretty alright special defence and okay physical defence and take half physical damage on top of that.

they're pretty okay?

This discussion has been closed.