As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[POKEMON] more like team mystifying why you would ever choose them

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm deciding this snorlax doesn't count and I'm not allowed to catch it, because I always use snorlax and part of the point of this is to use weird Pokemon

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Oh

Bye ledyba

Thought usin a ledian would've been neat but I guess that snorlax thought otherwise

OH AND NOW I HAVE AN ILLUMISE THAT DOESNT KNOW ANY OFFENSIVE MOVES, WHOOOOOOO

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Apparently some changes have been made to Go, so swarm locations and pokemon have changed. In Toronto, it seems like there's a lot less dratini. I've also noticed that a pikachu park nearby has turned into an ekans swarm instead

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh

Bye ledyba

Thought usin a ledian would've been neat but I guess that snorlax thought otherwise

OH AND NOW I HAVE AN ILLUMISE THAT DOESNT KNOW ANY OFFENSIVE MOVES, WHOOOOOOO

I feel like I should have a gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn in reply to this post

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    it knows Charm AND Play Nice

WHY DID THEY PROGRAM THIS MOVESET IN

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Oh you can catch that Snorlax?

Whoops

• Options
    edited July 2016
    IT CANT EVEN LEARN INFESTATION

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Aaaaaand there goes sentret

Dead to a smeargle that whipped out a brick break

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Are Nuzlocke runs this hard?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Are Nuzlocke runs this hard?

They're easy as hell if you grind

Which I'm trying not to do for that exact reason

Feel like I'm getting slammed hard in terms of luck though

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Yeah all nests in Go seem to have rotated now

nobody has found a new dratini nest yet

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    as it turns out, nuzlockes are easy peasy if you're using a team of primarily traded pokes, the exp boost is nutso, haven't had a death yet, just about to fight grant

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Yeah all nests in Go seem to have rotated now

nobody has found a new dratini nest yet
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Apparently some changes have been made to Go, so swarm locations and pokemon have changed. In Toronto, it seems like there's a lot less dratini. I've also noticed that a pikachu park nearby has turned into an ekans swarm instead

Oh boy oh boy nest changes? I live next to two nests. I wonder if they've got anything cool.
    aaaaaaaand
    13 cp psyduck.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Only nest I know of that isn't the super common types is a Magmar nest, and it is still a Magmar nest

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Alright, caught me a meditite

Maybe things will start turning around

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Yeah my run is going pretty well because I don't restrict leveling.

I don't grind much, but I get a decent amount of fights in.

Haven't lost anyone, though there have still been tense moments

• Options
    Cliff Badge secured!

• Options
    Wwwwelp, that was a surprisingly high leveled axew

Now that beedrill is gone I don't have any of the Pokemon I used against the first gym

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I haven't continued mine since I grinded to get Braixen evolved, but he crushed Korrina's whole team.

I should try to evolve grinding to make the Nuzlocke challenging, but even so I've still lost five Pokemon to it already.

• Options
    i almost got my ass pushed in by Korrina's power-up punch lucario on our first battle, cause I was going out to a route with a team I wanted to level up

thankfully a beefy meowstic bailed my ass out

• Options
    TBH I'm not really doing this for the challenge so much as I am doing it for the whole random team aspect.

I like the concept of making do with what you have.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    In looking for pokemon I found my old DS

it looks like it has been running for years

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Hell yea boys
    papbj47v8kai.png

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Got the cliff badge

Currently got:

Cesar the Machop
    Mike the Skiddo
    Cupid the Luvdisc
    Snoofus the Snubull
    Melvin the Meditite

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    whoever designed Diggersby is an ACTUAL CRIMINAL I HATE IT SO MUCH

please don't hate on diggersby just because they are fat and dirty and gross

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Went to an actual gym, did a workout, saw that there was a rhydon nearby with ten minutes left. @Wyborn generously agreed to speedwalk over, and I think he is doubting how much I push myself at the gym because I was still able to jog. There was a cluster of twenty people on the small side street, all to find the rhydon. Mine was 30 CP... but I'm just happy I caught it. <3

signature.png
  • Options
    Just missed an alakazam

Some friends got it, said they caught it at 1.6k CP

My day is darkened

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i saw a silhouette of lickitung but couldn't find him :(

• Options
    By the way, I don't know if any of you have observed this in your areas, but with the update today the rarest random pokemon spawns in my area have occurred in the most popular places to hang out for playing Go. Namely, around the most frequently visited gym (that changes colours every ten minutes) and the triple pokestop area. Hopefully that will keep up!

Also I super wish they'll rotate the pokemon that show up at nests/swarms on an ongoing basis. Like on a monthly basis, perhaps. That'd really help me with my pokecatching...!

signature.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Round two went significantly better, mostly because the vivillon used moves other than infestation, and my entire team survived

That team being:
    Spike Gal the Chespin (My first chespin was Spike Boy but this one was a girl, in fact every pokemon I've caught this time has been a girl)
    Clawfire the Fletchling (who was the MVP of the fight)
    Vivillionair the Spewpa
    The Best the Dunsparce
    Lil' Bun the Bunnelby

and I can't decide whether I want to wonder trade the dunsparce or bunnelby

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    By the way, I don't know if any of you have observed this in your areas, but with the update today the rarest random pokemon spawns in my area have occurred in the most popular places to hang out for playing Go. Namely, around the most frequently visited gym (that changes colours every ten minutes) and the triple pokestop area. Hopefully that will keep up!

Also I super wish they'll rotate the pokemon that show up at nests/swarms on an ongoing basis. Like on a monthly basis, perhaps. That'd really help me with my pokecatching...!

This meshes with my theory on spawns. Wide areas with higher regular cell phone data use are more likely to have pokemon, that's a given based on their previous use of that info for Ingress. Go is actually shaping that landscape right now as more people congregate regularly at those spots now. Creating a larger, concentrated hotbed of activity.

But higher concentrations might also mean rarer mons for that given area. So if more people concentrate in an area, rarer spawns may show up over time.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    are y'all telling me that dragonair outside my place this morning is coming back and i will get another chance to fruitlessly throw away all my ultra balls on it

looking around my city everything looks exactly the same spawnwise
    wait the beach which used to have electric types currently doesn't

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular

See that's what happens when a bunch of irresponsible trainers release their ekans into the wild without checking

• Options
    Oh I guess some big balance changes happening
    Water gun 40% nerf

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I just got my two vaporeons and they kick massive, level 30, 2k CP ass around here

noo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Just about all the quick moves are much closer dps-wise now it seems, with most charge moves being stronger

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Caught a mother fuckin wooooooooobuffeeeeeeeeeet

Incidentally wild wobbuffet is terrifying on a nuzlocke run

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Caught a mother fuckin wooooooooobuffeeeeeeeeeet

Incidentally wild wobbuffet is terrifying on a nuzlocke run

Shadow Tag...

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i keep debating doing a new run of x, but in my very first run my nickname was lil' b

how can i top being the based god

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.