As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[POKEMON] more like team mystifying why you would ever choose them

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh apparently now you won't be able to transfer a favorited pokemon
    i kind of thought it was dumb that you could and it was only for sorting?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm definitely thinking griffin is gonna lose some boys to the mirror cave

Wobbuffet is like a ticking time bomb that you're not allowed to run away from

I only got through relatively unscathed because Chingling could use Entrainment to turn shadow tag into levitate

Mirror Cave is where I'm stuck* at in my X playthrough. There's a lady with two fighting types that are super effective against 5/6 of my team and I can't seem to do enough damage to wreck her.

*-stuck in that I just don't have enough drive to grind a few levels.

is that the one who has the hawlucha

that hawlucha was enough of a shitbag that i decided that i would just continue without releasing anything if i totally wiped because what the fuck is she feeding that thing

That's the one. Fuck that Hawlucha.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    yo blue is now a male color option

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

aka best color

Also on Android you apparently have to go into Play and download the update, it won't go automatically.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Transfer now requires one more click to do, as it's been moved to a menu list. Maybe for the best? But less efficient aaaaaaaaa

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Should we have a battle royale when we all finish the nuzlocke

See whose pokemon can make it through a tournament arc

No ev training, used at the exact state of when you beat the eltie four

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Should we have a battle royale when we all finish the nuzlocke

See whose pokemon can make it through a tournament arc

No ev training, used at the exact state of when you beat the eltie four

Only if the tournament itself uses Nuzlocke rules

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Of course

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Transfer now requires one more click to do, as it's been moved to a menu list. Maybe for the best? But less efficient aaaaaaaaa

I've heard it hailed as more efficient because you don't have to scroll to the bottom

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I don't know how I feel about capturing machamps. They're dudes out in the wild wearing clothing. Where did they get that? Are they intelligent enough to make their own clothing? Is it legal to capture these guys and force them to fight for my entertainment?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    being analytical and conserving outs pays off

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-408256792

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So thinking about doing a nuzlocke run, not going to delete my X save,but not sure what version to do it in. I have acsess too
    -Emerald
    -Diamond
    -Pearl
    -Black

And the crazy choice
    -Dragon Quest:Monster Joker.

Chose black.

My run is over. Didn't catch the Pokemon on route 2. Pansear I got given was one shot first time it went out. And then the gym leader wrecked me with his grass Pokemon (chose oshawatt)

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I got a 580 Hypno today

Biggest poke I ever caught

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Oh shiiiiit real logos for medals. My next few days are now taken. Taking those and turning them into 3D models for badges yo.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I guess I should at least try to finish X.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    It has a good endgame, for a Pokemon game anyway. The last team flare bit is very satisfying

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

So can you change your characters outfit now? Or does team mystic have to start over?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm at a similar place to Speed in my own Nuzlocke. I lost my Aurorus to the trainer with the fuckin' lucha bird.

My first dead Pokémon. RIP.

And then I lost the Lucario vs Lucario fight so Lucario was used a total of once.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, how'd you lose?

Something I noticed in that fight was that it seemed like it was rigged so that it'd be hard to lose

Yours is faster, the enemy is weak to both of your moves, and the two non offensive moves effectively double the damage you can deal, so unless you play around with metal sound or swords dance too much you always win in 2 turns

Did she get a crit maybe?

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »

So can you change your characters outfit now? Or does team mystic have to start over?

yeah when they actually get around to pushing the update it can be changed

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, how'd you lose?

Something I noticed in that fight was that it seemed like it was rigged so that it'd be hard to lose

Yours is faster, the enemy is weak to both of your moves, and the two non offensive moves effectively double the damage you can deal, so unless you play around with metal sound or swords dance too much you always win in 2 turns

Did she get a crit maybe?

She was faster and I made the mistake of starting with Sword Dance.

So it went get hit with punch, go down to 2HP, sword dance happens, second round I frantically use an Elixer, get hit with punch, go down it one hit.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Oh huh ok

I just assumed they made your Lucario faster

I guess not though

• Options
    After the fight I accepted the thing into my party just so I could look at it and it's blue stat was speed

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty happy with my team, otherwise.

Currently rocking a Delphox named Spitfire, a Wartortle named Gusha, a Doublade named Zoro, a Bagon named Joey Samoey, a Swirlix named Puff Daddy, and a Yanma named Swiper.

In the failure box/coffin is the Aurorus that I forgot to name and the Lucario who I promptly named Garbage and shelved.

In reserve is Spike the Zubat, Hangry the Hippopotas, Lizzie the Litleo, Forearm the Machop, Hashtag the Fletchinder, Pewdie the Stunky, and a Mr. Mime who horrifies me and thus is called Dreamkiller.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Mr. Mime's idle animation is horrifying and I love it

• Options
    I've been doing the McElroy thing of doing a Wonder Trade after each gym, with the stipulation that it has to be one of the team of six I brought into the gym. Also with the dupe rule in effect, so if I get back something I already got, I toss it back into the void until I get something new.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yesterday was a good day.

Found a 1600CP snorlax just hanging out.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Instead of fixing the 3 footprints glitch they just got rid of footprints so you're still guessing where anything is

Yeah I love how they come out and say, we don't like people using pokevision, we think it's cheating. But they don't fix anything that might actually help us find pokemon.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I prefer footsteps being gone, I hope they keep it this way

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Blake T wrote: »
    Instead of fixing the 3 footprints glitch they just got rid of footprints so you're still guessing where anything is

Yeah I love how they come out and say, we don't like people using pokevision, we think it's cheating. But they don't fix anything that might actually help us find pokemon.

it's consistent, they don't want you to have help

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular

I don't mind if they remove them, but I would like the little radar thing back that if you point your avatar in the direction of the pokemon you want to track the thing blinks for you. This way we at least know which way to go

• Options
    I'm cooling on Go pretty hard.

It's always the same pokemon, everywhere I go. There's close to 100 that just never ever pop up for me. Combine that with leveling getting slow, and even easy mons being tough to catch leading to me dealing with Pokeball shortages, it's just becoming increasingly less rewarding.

It doesn't help that the game made me pick up the actual Pokémon games, and playing those has made me see just how dull Go is without real combat.

• Options
    M.D. wrote: »

I don't mind if they remove them, but I would like the little radar thing back that if you point your avatar in the direction of the pokemon you want to track the thing blinks for you. This way we at least know which way to go

This never worked for me, I spent like 30 minutes trying to chase down a Raichu that told me it was in several different directions

Then later on I heard that the radar box simply pulses when a new Pokemon enters one of the nine radar box slots and it has nothing to do with direction

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Transfer directly from the catch screen is genius

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »

This never worked for me, I spent like 30 minutes trying to chase down a Raichu that told me it was in several different directions

Then later on I heard that the radar box simply pulses when a new Pokemon enters one of the nine radar box slots and it has nothing to do with direction

Oh yea, it worked for me when the game was out that first week, but after I experienced what you saw. It pulsed for all directions and never led me in the right direction so now I ignore it.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

There needs to be something to tell me where pokemon are because I stopped playing after an electabuzz showed up on my radar and it was impossible to find

If they were going to take away the footsteps they should take out the radar entirely because it's just frustrating knowing that I could catch something cool if only I was clairvoyant

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

There needs to be something to tell me where pokemon are because I stopped playing after an electabuzz showed up on my radar and it was impossible to find

If they were going to take away the footsteps they should take out the radar entirely because it's just frustrating knowing that I could catch something cool if only I was clairvoyant

The list order still works

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

The list order still works

When the footsteps still worked the closest pokemon was still frequently two or three steps away

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I'm cooling on Go pretty hard.

It's always the same pokemon, everywhere I go. There's close to 100 that just never ever pop up for me. Combine that with leveling getting slow, and even easy mons being tough to catch leading to me dealing with Pokeball shortages, it's just becoming increasingly less rewarding.

It doesn't help that the game made me pick up the actual Pokémon games, and playing those has made me see just how dull Go is without real combat.

My go experience is a never ending stream of pidgeys and weedles. Even the other trash mons rarely show up. I just barely managed to get a Raticate, and I still need 3 more Caterpies for a Butterfree.

Meanwhile, I've probably evolved and transfered at least 20 pidgeottos and kakunas.

I'm just about out of balls again and then that'll be the end for me. Not dropping any more money on this thing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

They said they have priorities (namely fixing the system in the game) before they get to dealing with the third parties skimming their data, so I think the people saying they've already done it might be jumping the gun here. They've just said that they don't like it and that they'll deal with it in time, but like all of their announcements they're putting that stuff way in the future while they get all the systems up and running.

This discussion has been closed.