As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[POKEMON] more like team mystifying why you would ever choose them

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Nuzlocke Pearl attempt number 1.

I may have under estimated how rough benching my starter would be...

Getting my first route acquisition of Bidoofus over the speed bump of his first level took a lot of tactical running away and relay races to the Pokecentre.

Got there in the end and picked up Birdbrain the Starly on route 2. Who then swiftly perished to a crit while trying to train his first level.

Bidoofus did sterling work against the route 2 trainers and I reached the first city. But was insufficient alone for the first rival battle and perished to a fire monkey while his attack had been growled into oblivion.

Take two.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ughhhh. they changed up spawns and killed Dratini park. I had 50 candy and a Dragonair too.

Kinda upset about that, because every gym here has a dragonite on it, and I was only a few dratini short of getting mine. Now I can't really compete :/

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Take two started out as an inverted mirror of the darkest timeline as I got a Starly (Chicklet) on route 1 and Bidoof (Keekeekaka) on route 2 who swiftly died to a crit trying to get his first level.

This time however I took a different route out of town for a new recruit and though it was blocked, managed to poke my head into a cave to get one more.

So now training up Ellie the Shinx and Zooey the Zubat for rival revenge time.

Taught Zooey Hidden Power with a (single use!) TM as he only has weak Leech Life at the moment. Hits fairly hard and is either Fire, Pyschic Flying or Ice as it super effectives Budews.

Edit: Supered a Starly so must be Ice. Nice.

Edit 2: Rival's first mon is a Starly. Super Effective Critical one shot! Go go ice bat boy! Revenge success. On to the first gym.

Edit 3: First encounter route 3 was an Abra. So no new recruit for me the sneaky teleporting little bastards.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I hope the gimmick of the evil team in S&M is that they want to turn pokémon into candy

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I hope every promotional piece for Sun and Moon says "*Kids, don't Google Pokémon S&M"

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ughhhh. they changed up spawns and killed Dratini park. I had 50 candy and a Dragonair too.

Kinda upset about that, because every gym here has a dragonite on it, and I was only a few dratini short of getting mine. Now I can't really compete :/

Get yourself one of those "ice" moves

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    did anyone else order one of the team hats from that Etsy shop, and if so, have you gotten it yet

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So pokeradar says,dragonite are spawning near me

Hmm

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

Or a fairy pokemon/moves. I noticed that even though it's the Gen 1 mons, the types and moves are from later gens, and even some non-fairy mons have fairy moves like Dazzling Gleam or Fairy Wind.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    did anyone else order one of the team hats from that Etsy shop, and if so, have you gotten it yet

Got mine yesterday, took about 2-3 weeks from when I got the alert that it had been mailed.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    yeah yesterday was 2 weeks
    I was hoping to have it for the big meetup on the National Mall today

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »

Or a fairy pokemon/moves. I noticed that even though it's the Gen 1 mons, the types and moves are from later gens, and even some non-fairy mons have fairy moves like Dazzling Gleam or Fairy Wind.
    They need to put in immunity. It will stop gym domination in its tracks

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Quick sketch of my first gym team

c0udqbjmed6j.png

Lil' Bun was restless to go on new adventures so she left the team and in her stead a small French Igglybuff showed up

001.png 242.3K
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    currently working out my own "rules" for this nuzlocke. It's a bit tricky because I don't know the game or modern Pokemon well enough, so I'm pretty much guessing at a lot of pokemons typing (and I'm honestly kinda iffy on the updates that happened to the type chart)

currently thinking:
    -exp share is of course off
    -set battle style
    -items can be used, but the only items that can be bought are pokeballs
    -can only retreat to a pokecenter once when embarking on a new route
    -upon reaching a new town, I get 3 pokecenter heals worth of grinding before I need to challenge the gym or progress forward
    -can't google Pokemon types or evo requirements

I dunno how good of a balance this is atm, though. I started these rules upon reaching the 1st gym so I did already do a bunch of healing through your friend in the forest and such when I wasn't feeling it needed to be stricter

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    The squad atm, top 3 fresh off smashin up gym 1

Pordgey (lv 15 pidgey)
    Barfin' Carl (lv 14 fennekin)
    Yung Tuff (lv 11 beedrill)

and the freshmen:
    Slammington (lv 10 azurill)
    La Jardinier (lv 7 flabebe)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    My black 2 and playthrough did not last long at alllll

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    So do the login servers just not work anymore? I haven't been able to login in a week.

Also, my town is doing a thing

• Options
    I've been logging in all week through google, and I haven't had any trouble with my pokemon trainer club account either.

• Options
    pokeball_aimer_02-625x350.jpg

Okay, that's pretty cool.
    3D printed pokeball aiming device that clips on to your phone. The guy was selling it on Etsy, but had to close down for a bit while he got caught up with the demand for it.

And here's the files on Thingiverse
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1688339

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    was looking around on pokevision and I think I discovered a Zelda dungeon.
    HAfXoqN.png

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    currently working out my own "rules" for this nuzlocke. It's a bit tricky because I don't know the game or modern Pokemon well enough, so I'm pretty much guessing at a lot of pokemons typing (and I'm honestly kinda iffy on the updates that happened to the type chart)

currently thinking:
    -exp share is of course off
    -set battle style
    -items can be used, but the only items that can be bought are pokeballs
    -can only retreat to a pokecenter once when embarking on a new route
    -upon reaching a new town, I get 3 pokecenter heals worth of grinding before I need to challenge the gym or progress forward
    -can't google Pokemon types or evo requirements

I dunno how good of a balance this is atm, though. I started these rules upon reaching the 1st gym so I did already do a bunch of healing through your friend in the forest and such when I wasn't feeling it needed to be stricter

Balance is tough with Pokemon because there's a LOT of RNG to account for. Also that last criteria would basically be pointless for me unless you, like, hit me over the head first.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Well, if you insist

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Looks like Niantic might be looking into ways to change their API so sites like Pokevision can't work

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i'm not even using those sites but if they do that before fixing the three steps problem

they're fucking idiots

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    They've said that they would look into it after fixing the nearby list

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    There's apparently a patch up on APKMirror and they've just removed the steps altogether for now

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Got the mega ring

Current team:

Snoofus the Granbull
    Loose Change the Chingling
    Larry the Lucario
    Mike the Skiddo
    Winona the Wobbuffet

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely thinking griffin is gonna lose some boys to the mirror cave

Wobbuffet is like a ticking time bomb that you're not allowed to run away from

I only got through relatively unscathed because Chingling could use Entrainment to turn shadow tag into levitate

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Apparently I already started X over at some point!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Looks like Niantic might be looking into ways to change their API so sites like Pokevision can't work

Niantic has proven themselves as really talented developers so rip pokevision for sure

How many programmers really way too into Pokemon could there possibly be right

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So thinking about doing a nuzlocke run, not going to delete my X save,but not sure what version to do it in. I have acsess too
    -Emerald
    -Diamond
    -Pearl
    -Black

And the crazy choice
    -Dragon Quest:Monster Joker.

• Options
    Apparently I already started X over at some point!

i was very confused as to why i didn't have any X save data and then i remembered that my old 3ds got stolen and that i lost my shiny imposter ditto as a result

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I only got through relatively unscathed because Chingling could use Entrainment to turn shadow tag into levitate

Mirror Cave is where I'm stuck* at in my X playthrough. There's a lady with two fighting types that are super effective against 5/6 of my team and I can't seem to do enough damage to wreck her.

*-stuck in that I just don't have enough drive to grind a few levels.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    You can re-create your trainer in the profile menu now! And they tweaked a bunch of balance stuff

• Options
    Ugh, my Gyarados got Bite/Twister :-(

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Which profile menu?

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Update isn't out here yet

• Options

Mirror Cave is where I'm stuck* at in my X playthrough. There's a lady with two fighting types that are super effective against 5/6 of my team and I can't seem to do enough damage to wreck her.

*-stuck in that I just don't have enough drive to grind a few levels.

is that the one who has the hawlucha

that hawlucha was enough of a shitbag that i decided that i would just continue without releasing anything if i totally wiped because what the fuck is she feeding that thing

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Update isn't out here yet

Yeah they're staggering it. I haven't gotten it either. It's on apk mirror of whatever but I'll just wait

• Options
    Instead of fixing the 3 footprints glitch they just got rid of footprints so you're still guessing where anything is

This discussion has been closed.