Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

In before some asshole points out that there is, technically, a lot more white on that board.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

In before some asshole points out that there is, technically, a lot more white on that board.

Except colorsquare notations are never done inside a venn diagram. In fact, this is a pie-chart.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Except colorsquare notations are never done inside a venn diagram. In fact, this is a pie-chart.

You're putting too much thought into it!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    It's difficult to find an insult that doesn't offend anybody.

It's almost like that was their intended purpose

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I have never heard the word "bellend" in my life.

I also never knew of the controversy surrounding the word "cretin".

Overall, I'm learning lots about how to insult people here.

I a only know it means penis because a lot of British youtubers use it and eventually I had to look it up.

Technically it only means part of the penis.

The bellend.

Sophisticated and/or pedantic people use glans

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

I a only know it means penis because a lot of British youtubers use it and eventually I had to look it up.

The bellend.

Sophisticated and/or pedantic people use glans

I get plenty of use out of mine without being either

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No, I think he's putting exactly the right amount of thought into it.

https://xkcd.com/688/

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Offending someone tends to be the purpose of insults.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Most insults we use are insulting to the disabled, the poor, anyone who is the butt of horrid jokes. Even the ones we think are fairly harmless. E.g. 'villain' which pretty much means 'person who is not quite a slave'. And that's become our word for a bad person. And 'barbarian' was the 'ching chong' of its day. I still remember the well meaning campaign that tried to stop people using 'gay' as a substitute for 'lame'. Which totally ignored that lame was also a word that provably shouldn't be used.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

The bellend.

is that the part that goes
    DONG

?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

No, I think he's putting exactly the right amount of thought into it.

https://xkcd.com/688/

I give up! Was a stupid thought anyhow.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

That observation is completely blurplessious, Bursar.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

You kiss your mom with that mouth?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's certainly a very trump thing to say.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Not anymore.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

Not anymore.

This idiom has always bothered me. Do Americans actually kiss their mothers?

Here in Finland we only kiss two things: dogs and people we have sex with. I guess mothers might kiss their kids on the cheek, but you sure as hell don't kiss her back.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I think it has probably declined over time, but some of us do kiss our moms on the cheek.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Not anymore.

I guess mothers might kiss their kids on the cheek, but you sure as hell don't kiss her back.

Well no, you kiss her mouth

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    As someone of Italian heritage, we kiss our female relatives on the cheeck.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    A Vietnam Skincare Centre got a new logo:
    pdk1vguadpkx.jpg
    They chose poorly.
    I'm betting their site's getting a lot of comments like 'I got a treatment, now my skin feels itchy and scratchy'.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They're all going to die down there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    It's not a great place to work.
    You need the hex crank to get into the break room, and someone keeps putting it in the hand of the statue that only unlocks when you turn the two busts to face each other.
    And don't even get me started on what you need to do to open the fire exit...

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    You need the hex crank to get into the break room, and someone keeps putting it in the hand of the statue that only unlocks when you turn the two busts to face each other.

The bathrooms are the worst though. They technically only need the Green Key but you have to fight Tom in a miniboss battle every time.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    And don't forget all the plants you'll need to eat, as well as having only a single pocket that you can use to carry anything with....

I think this joke is dead, but keeps coming back to life. Just like their patients.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's pretty weird that in 2017, they're still using typewriters in the office too. The records live and die by their ink ribbons; they better hope they never come up short.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The cafeteria has terrible selection, it's just Jill Sandwiches every day.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Not anymore.

This idiom has always bothered me. Do Americans actually kiss their mothers?

Here in Finland we only kiss two things: dogs and people we have sex with. I guess mothers might kiss their kids on the cheek, but you sure as hell don't kiss her back.

It depends on your cultural background but yeah most americans kiss their mom on the cheek. For catholics it extends to your aunts.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Madican wrote: »

The bathrooms are the worst though. They technically only need the Green Key but you have to fight Tom in a miniboss battle every time.

You need to pee in all four urinals at the same time so the spiral stair fire exit in the center opens.

4IDxFWa.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

You need to pee in all four urinals at the same time so the spiral stair fire exit in the center opens.

4IDxFWa.jpg

You think it's bad for you though, just imagine the poor janitors that have to clean up when Jimmy from accounting needs to access the old files that are kept in the archives.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

From the article:
    Theunis said he watched a TV program about storm chasers, so he's familiar with them.

The tornado moved away to the east, he said.

"It looks much closer if you look in the photo, but it was really far away. Well, not really far, far away, but it was far away from us," he said.

"I was keeping an eye on it."

Well, alright bud, see ya at next year's Darwin Awards I guess.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    'When you decide to do side quests before finishing the main story'

Javen on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Meh, that's not excessively unreasonable. Mowing the lawn you naturally turn around pretty frequently so he can keep an eye on it, it shouldn't be too hard to see if it's coming towards him or if it's going to the side and it's probably at least a few km away

Plus he's going to have to mow the lawn one way or another

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Meh, that's not excessively unreasonable. Mowing the lawn you naturally turn around pretty frequently so he can keep an eye on it, it shouldn't be too hard to see if it's coming towards him or if it's going to the side and it's probably at least a few km away

If the tornado is visible you should be in shelter. Anything else is risking death.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

If the tornado is visible you should be in shelter. Anything else is risking death.

They can be visible for miles. Depending on the area, tens of miles.

I know they're deadly and dangerous but, admittedly, awe inspiring and absolutely amazing to look at.

Even with my bad advice above, however, I won't venture out if they say the tornado is "rain-wrapped." That right there is some scary shit.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    "There's violent death somewhere over...there about. Maybe."

Lawnmower dude please probably at a lot of risk from lightning, too. Actually are storms that produce tornados and bot lightning even a thing?

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Meh. Growing up somewhere that has daily tornado warnings in the summer, if we'd quit everything we were doing while a tornado was on the ground within visual range, we all would have starved to death.

The basement is right over there. If we need to, we can get there plenty fast enough. Or we can just drive orthogonal to the tornado for a minute and a half and be fine.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    As someone who also grew up around frequent tornadoes and still lives near frequent tornadoes we take that shit seriously and always take shelter.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    As someone who also grew up around frequent tornadoes and still lives near frequent tornadoes we take that shit seriously and always take shelter.

I'm from somewhere flat enough that you can see a funnel touch down two counties over. The primary thing keeping you from observing grounded tornados is often the curvature of the earth. Waiting every observable tornado out in the basement is simply unreasonable.

Edit: To put a finer point on it; we could see many, many tornados that we didn't get warnings for. If you get a credible threat statement from the weather radio or television, then you absolutely take precautions and hit the basement. But if there's nothing squawking at you about it and it's clearly way over there, it's not worth panicking over. I imagine it's the equivalent of very minor earthquakes in places that are waiting on the big one.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    ...how does the Bible Belt NOT realize that God is punishing them for their pride and hatefulness? Like damn, that's a pretty clear middle finger from heaven.

This discussion has been closed.