Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Is it me, or does "the last best place" sound a lot less complimentary than I think they intended?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Norwegian anti-immigrant Facebook groups confuses empty bus seats with 'terrorists'
    • Post photo of empty bus seats in a FB group full of racist wankers
    • Racists go bananas seeing people in burqas

Here's the same photo posted to a Swedish group of dubious purpose. At least Tina went "I don't understand this picture?"

DGF7DdUXgAADvNn.jpg:small

In slight fairness, when I scrolled down and my brain first saw the picture before reading the actual words you typed, I thought it was people in hoods, but doing some weird cosplay or some shit. Less "OMG terrorists!" and more "Oooh, spooky, neat!".

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Is it me, or does "the last best place" sound a lot less complimentary than I think they intended?

It certainly did at first read.

But I think he meant it in the context of "The last (of the) best place(s)"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    If Ted Nugent likes a place I assume its full of easily kidnapped 13 year old girls

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Anybody else remember when "Don't Mess With Texas" was an anti-littering campaign?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Anybody else remember when "Don't Mess With Texas" was an anti-littering campaign?

. . . we'll go ahead and get off your lawn now.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Historically messing with Texas goes pretty well for people

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Wait, seriously? That's where it comes from?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Wait, seriously? That's where it comes from?

Yup.

bo9nu3vmc2ej.jpg

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    It's on trash cans in parks all across the state.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's on trash cans in parks all across the state.

They were part of an ad campaign in the 80s.

https://youtu.be/V2qIF3PL7lQ

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Why I Love My Fucking Home State, The Fecal Fury of Montana Man Edition:
    All Bryce Steven Boos wanted was a little financial compensation for returning to a dealership some car keys he found on a sidewalk. That’s all. Is that so much to ask? When the dealership declined a financial reward, Boos did the only rational actions possible: punch a car and then reach into his pants, extract some anus-fresh feces, and smear it on the car. And now everyone’s all worked up. Typical.

I’m sorry, but what exactly was this 27-year-old Great Falls, Montana resident supposed to do? Not punch a car and not reach into his pants, squeeze out a handful of solid waste, and run that fistful of human shit down the length of the car?

For some baffling reason, the dealership was not happy about the $1500 of damage his punch caused to the quarter panel of the car, according to KRTV, and probably also not so into the brown, fragrant racing stripe Boos customized the car with.

The specific dealership was not mentioned.

Police were called, and Boos corroborated that the punch and feces-smear took place, but disputed that car-punching and feces-smearing were, somehow, illegal.

The bear may shit in the woods, but the Montana Man shits on a car, apparently.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Why... Why did he ... have ........ never mind. I don't want to know.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

Three words: "fragrant racing stripe".

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I'll say it.

Why did he have a fresh squeeze of poop in his pants ready to go?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I'll say it.

He had Taco Bell for lunch

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

I'll say it.

When you gotta go you gotta go.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I'll say it.

He always keeps a fresh round chambered in case of a need to make a sudden retreat. It's like pocket sand, only more disorienting.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    What if he just had an accident and preferred to be known as the guy who got angry in a weird way than the guy who pooped his pants for no reason.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    What if he just had an accident and preferred to be known as the guy who got angry in a weird way than the guy who pooped his pants for no reason.

If you poop your pants and don't want people to know about it, don't do something that will get you on national TV.

• Options
    I think you're all putting way too much thought into this.
    Isn't it more likely that he just had a deuce on board at the moment but hadn't taken the time to hit a restroom?
    The opportunity to throw a literal shit fit presented itself, and the guy took it to the logical conclusion.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

If you poop your pants and don't want people to know about it, don't do something that will get you on national TV.

Well yeah, I'm just saying "i meant to poop so i could express my anger!" > "it kinda just happened"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    How hard did he punch the car to do 1500 bucks worth of damage

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    How hard did he punch the car to do 1500 bucks worth of damage

Can't fix most modern panels, gotta replace em.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Oh man, this one has the Canada File and the Spider File both covered. But this time I'm not spoilering the spider because it's not a real spider and it's awesome.

Ottawa archbishop surprised by negative reaction to robotic spider on cathedral

13mdb6j1bnxm.jpg

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I see filming has begun for Wild Wild West 2: The Wild Wild North.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    How is this not an Onion story.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    How is this not an Onion story.

Because Compagnie La Machine are the best sort of crazy.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40792962
    Pub bosses have apologised after asking a group of trainee priests to leave their Cardiff venue, mistaking them for a stag party in fancy dress.

The seven Roman Catholic seminarians had gone to The City Arms to toast Father Peter McClaren's ordination when they were asked to move on.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Oh man, this one has the Canada File and the Spider File both covered. But this time I'm not spoilering the spider because it's not a real spider and it's awesome.

13mdb6j1bnxm.jpg

They're upset because the spider is supposed to be secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TWKyUY8iE

reVerse on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

13mdb6j1bnxm.jpg

"Artwork in a cathedral? How sacreligious!"
    - a bunch of idiots with no knowledge of history, culture, or religion.

sig.gif
  • Options
    "I really thought the parishioners would be cool with a giant robot spider climbing the church. They're normally such a restrained, thoughtful and logical bunch the rest of the time.

• Options
    Pharmabro Martin Shkreli now convictedbro on 3 counts
    After nearly five full days of jury deliberations, Martin Shkreli has been found guilty of three counts of securities and wire fraud. Specifically, he's been found guilty on two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud.

The notorious ex-pharmaceutical CEO was originally charged with eight counts of securities and wire fraud, stemming from what federal prosecutors describes as a Ponzi-like scheme. Prosecutors argued in the five-week trial that Shkreli defrauded investors of two hedge funds he managed and siphoned millions from a pharmaceutical company he founded, Retrophin, in order to cover losses in those funds. Shkreli, most infamous for dramatically raising the price of an anti-parasitic drug by more than 5,000 percent, was arrested and charged in December of 2015. He faces up to 20 years in prison.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Richy wrote: »

A good number of Christian churches are rather iconoclastic (obviously including the Orthodox Iconoclasm movements) and putting up artwork in, say, a dispensationalist meeting hall is probably not a smart idea but Catholic cathedrals definitely do not fall under that category.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Kinda shocked nobody has mentioned Arizona Hitler himself Sheriff Joe has finally been convicted of a crime. The bad news is he had to keep racial profiling going on spite of a court order. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/us/sheriff-joe-arpaio-convicted-arizona.html

Lets hope this is one of many

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    It's definitely come up in the politics thread (one of them, anyway XD) where it was pondered if he'd get punted up to the new head of DHS. XD

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    It is in the immigration thread.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular

A good number of Christian churches are rather iconoclastic (obviously including the Orthodox Iconoclasm movements) and putting up artwork in, say, a dispensationalist meeting hall is probably not a smart idea but Catholic cathedrals definitely do not fall under that category.

I think the Sistine chapel is a good example of that!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

I think the Sistine chapel is a good example of that!

I think Carmen Sandiego stole that, once.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.