Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Someone photoshop a Roomba happily cleaning up that mess, please. :whistle: Doo doo da dooooo do :whistle:

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Somebody left a cassette?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I have to say though, that's the weirdest water feature I've ever seen in a mall.
    Like, does it not have any lip or edge to it at that side? Just small stairs into knee deep robo-death?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    From the NOPE Department, surgeons find 27 contacts in woman's eye:
    While prepping a 67-year-old female patient for routine cataract surgery at England’s Solihull Hospital, physicians noticed a strange bluish blob in one of her eyes. On closer look, the blob turned out to be 17 contact lenses stuck together. Another 10 lenses were subsequently discovered in the same eye. The surgeons have never seen anything quite like it.

As reported in the British Medical Journal, the unnamed patient was unaware that the contact lenses were missing. Incredibly, the 27 lost lenses, which had drifted behind her upper eyelid, weren’t causing her any serious distress. She figured her dry eyes and periodic discomfort were just a product of old age.

And people wonder why I wear glasses.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Eeewww

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    From the NOPE Department, surgeons find 27 contacts in woman's eye:
    While prepping a 67-year-old female patient for routine cataract surgery at England’s Solihull Hospital, physicians noticed a strange bluish blob in one of her eyes. On closer look, the blob turned out to be 17 contact lenses stuck together. Another 10 lenses were subsequently discovered in the same eye. The surgeons have never seen anything quite like it.

As reported in the British Medical Journal, the unnamed patient was unaware that the contact lenses were missing. Incredibly, the 27 lost lenses, which had drifted behind her upper eyelid, weren’t causing her any serious distress. She figured her dry eyes and periodic discomfort were just a product of old age.

And people wonder why I wear glasses.

That's not a problem with contacts

That's a problem with someone being dumb enough to assume the 26 other contacts they put in their eye magically vanished

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    This reminds me of my mom who had to rush to the doctor because she tried to somewhat forcefully remove a contact lens only to discover that she wasn't wearing one.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    This reminds me of my mom who had to rush to the doctor because she tried to somewhat forcefully remove a contact lens only to discover that she wasn't wearing one.

oh no

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    My eyes are pretty tolerant to what may cause others noticeable discomfort. As a result I go months on a single pair, and have both:

Assumed a contact had fallen out when it got sucked up in my eye hole.

and

Tried to remove a fucked up contact that had, in fact, fallen out.

Fortunately the former squeezed back up front about a month later, in what was a thoroughly disturbing realization, and the latter only got so far as poking myself in the iris and trying to slide it around.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ill stick with glasses thanks. A thousand years of proven and tested tech.
    Now to read my books.
    *glasses slip off and land on the floor*
    Oh jeeze good thing these are made of plastics now not glass that would have been an ironic twist

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I will never wear contacts after eight year old me
    Stupidly put a clear sequin from my dress in my eye. Cue a day of eye pain, before it harmlessly popped out in the evening. I never told my parents, and they never found out.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    The whole concept of contacts feels weird to me.
    Except for cosmetic ones that change how your eyes look.
    Actually, no, that feels pretty weird as well.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I have a pretty noticeable, to doctors, cosmetic scar on one of my eyes from a contact deciding to turn into a knife on my cornea, but I never remember which eye until they point it out.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Okay, that's enough of the eye screams.

We haven't had a good infogrammatic in a while, so here's a pictorial Analyzing the Gender Representation of 34,476 Comic Book Characters. It's an interesting breakdown of powers, names, and teams by gender.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    TNTrooper wrote: »

I haven't looked. I am expecting "Train McTrainface".
    Not disappointed :D

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Florida Man vents frustration with AT&T, AT&T truck:
    On Wednesday, Florida resident Jorge Jove clearly couldn’t stomach the sight of an AT&T work truck parked out front of his house. Naturally, police say, he retrieved a revolver and started shooting out the tires and engine.

Jove, a 64-year-old retired firefighter who lives in the city of Hialeah, was captured on video methodically shooting out all four corners of the unblinking truck. He moves around it calmly, reloading his gun several times, firing off at least 18 shots.

Here’s more from the Miami Herald:
    Jove then walked to the second bucket truck and began shooting at the front of it, reloading the gun several times. Meanwhile, one of the AT&T workers could be heard calling police to report the shooting.

“He’s shooting the truck right now,” said a man who identified himself as Derrick Taylor, a technician with AT&T. “There’s a guy shooting the tires and shooting the engines and everything.”

As Taylor spoke to the dispatcher, Jove continued his attack on the trucks.
    Police confirmed that Jove was apparently “upset” that the trucks were parked in front of his driveway, the Herald reports.

• Options
    Oh, and we have video from the technician:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZygqbvjwHo

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    If you're unhappy that someone has parked blocking your driveway I would think that rendering their vehicle immobile would only exacerbate the problem.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I don't see where the "gone good/well/right" part is in all that....

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Please tell me that man is being charged with a felony and will have his 2nd amendment rights taken away.

• Options

Well, he let the technician videotape his crime, which makes the trial easier.

• Options

"Fuck AT&T" ?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Scientists try to get an AI to create inspirational posters.

It went about as well as you would expect.

content-1498646167-ai7.jpg

content-1498646036-ai5.jpg

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

"Fuck AT&T" ?

I guess?
    I mean, I'm not a fan of them either, but nowhere have I thought that shooting some trucks would really get back at them.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

content-1498645896-ai1.jpg

@Arch @Shivahn

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    aXm3317xjU.jpg

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    This may be my favorite

aXm2022xjU.jpg

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Occasionally it spits out a good inspirational poster like it's supposed to though:
    content-1498646076-ai6.jpg

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah but what woman doesn't ask for souls?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

As a male of the same persuasion (at least in complexion and facial hair), gingers.

We don't ask, we just take.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

As a male of the same persuasion (at least in complexion and facial hair), gingers.

We don't ask, we just take.

People are always after the things they can't have.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Oh, a demotivator bit, amusing. Let me just read this light hearted article while I sip this drink...
    Or what about Google’s neural networks that are able to create their own AIs autonomously?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options

Oh, a demotivator bit, amusing. Let me just read this light hearted article while I sip this drink...
    Or what about Google’s neural networks that are able to create their own AIs autonomously?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

MOTIVATING THE MEATBAGS

• Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    It's like a mix of vaguely inspirational sounding
    epk1wccy9woq.jpg

sexual
    rfu1yluwb0vl.jpg
    80pwntnkw571.jpg

and...this
    ujx4fj189w25.jpg

• Options
    3GLizBH.png?1

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Don't worry! The advanced AIs will eventually wipe out the lesser AIs, we'll turn to them for guidance, they'll splinter into factions and then we're all living on Hyperion.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Inspiribot could fill a thread.
    aXm8271xjU.jpg

aXm7355xjU.jpg

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Alright, I'll do one too, oh dear...
    aXm3126xjU.jpg

edit: and a bonus before I stop pushing generate:
    aXm1282xjU.jpg

davidsdurions on
This discussion has been closed.