Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Growlithe is listed as the puppy pokemon.

multiple entries mentions it barking at things.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Growlithe is listed as the puppy pokemon.

multiple entries mentions it barking at things.

Thats fair

I guess I didn't really read the pokedex when I was a kid

I'm not sure I've caught a growlithe sent then

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    hqdefault.jpg
    1381098259T0j2t9-i.jpg

come play with us chincy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    hqdefault.jpg
    1381098259T0j2t9-i.jpg

come play with us chincy

what an incredibly weird call

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    giphy.gif

Look at all these fucking tigers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    why isn't there a tiger pokemon though

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

raikou?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

raikou?

That's more a sabretooth tiger than a traditional striped tiger

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Dont worry Chincy, I understand. It's orange, it's striped. It's name isnt arcanine in the japanese. It's more or less based on those giant lion statues you find all over east asia, etc.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

raikou?

That's more a sabretooth tiger than a traditional striped tiger

listen, he said tiger, raikou is a tiger.

look at how long it took to get a proper lion, it's going to happen. and it will be a siberian tiger and be fighting/ice. you'll hate it.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Dont worry Chincy, I understand. It's orange, it's striped. It's name isnt arcanine in the japanese. It's more or less based on those giant lion statues you find all over east asia, etc.

That's kiiinda right, but those statues (called shiisa) were known as "guardian dogs." And the komainu statues were still "lion dogs."

Either way, it's dogs all the way down.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Komainu is a motherfucker of a netrunner card

• Options
    Komainu is a motherfucker of a netrunner card

I hate that damn thing

Such a good Faust-Stopper though

• Options
    also for some reason i am looking at the smogon teirs and man, i am real sad that mega houndoom isn't more popular.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

That's kiiinda right, but those statues (called shiisa) were known as "guardian dogs." And the komainu statues were still "lion dogs."

Those statues are way more lion than dog is all im saying.

• Options

Those statues are way more lion than dog is all im saying.

the important part is it is 0% tiger.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    also for some reason i am looking at the smogon teirs and man, i am real sad that mega houndoom isn't more popular.

There's a huge class of Pokemon that are considered trash tier because there's some other Pokemon that can serve basically the same role but has just slightly better stats

Because if your only goal is winning, why would you ever use it

And that goes double for mega Pokemon because you don't wanna waste your mega slot

• Options

There's a huge class of Pokemon that are considered trash tier because there's some other Pokemon that can serve basically the same role but has just slightly better stats

And that goes double for mega Pokemon because you don't wanna waste your mega slot

yeah i completely get it, which is why i didn't say it was bad just not popular. by their own thing it's completely able to hold its own in over used but why woudl you use it over mega charizard Y for a special attacker? you wouldn't other than trying to be different.

i just want houndoom to be real popular eveywhere.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I guess the real question is whether or not you would fuck a growlithe

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Reminder that the first forum I ever posted on (in like 6th grade) was a Pokémon forum and my username was TheGreatGrowlithe because I love dogs

• Options
    I have now beaten my "nuzlocke" run of x/y

I had forgotten that the story in that game is kind of bad even by pokemon standards

That was fun though

Is anything available on the eshop other than red/blue?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I have now beaten my "nuzlocke" run of x/y

I had forgotten that the story in that game is kind of bad even by pokemon standards

That was fun though

Is anything available on the eshop other than red/blue?

Yes. The Trading Card Game.

(Real answer: Just ORAS because you can't buy DS games on the eShop).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I might pick up ORAS then, I don't think I've ever played the original for more than a few hours

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I like ORAS a lot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    The Pokemon TCG game on GBC was INCREDIBLE

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I like ORAS less than X/Y, but they're totally worth playing

Especially if you never played the originals

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    The Pokemon TCG game on GBC was INCREDIBLE

Yeah

I... actually might get that instead?

I think it would prevent me from getting burnt out on normal pokemon before sun/moon comes out

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular

I remember reading the Chimecho entry on smogon back during gen 3 or 4 and it said "why use Chimecho when Mewtwo does everything better?" and I'm like well yeah but....

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

It's shiisa in Okinawa, but the whole thing is a migrating tradition that can be traced back to China where they were guardian lions based not on live lions but on depictions from traders. In Japan the statues are called "lion-dogs" in english because over time what they depicted varied between lions and dogs, and at certain points in their history the same style of statue would either be a lion or a dog based on the position of the mouth and sometimes the presence of a horn. Komainu was a term used to refer to both the dog (Koma inu, Korean Dog, closed mouth with a horn) and the lion (Kara shishi, Chinese Lion, open mouth). However it's also kind of murky because the tradition of lions in front of buddhist temples is the that open and closed mouth statues are forming the first and last letters of Sanskrit, representing the beginning and the end.

The important take away is that tigers were not involved.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus

yeah i completely get it, which is why i didn't say it was bad just not popular. by their own thing it's completely able to hold its own in over used but why woudl you use it over mega charizard Y for a special attacker? you wouldn't other than trying to be different.

i use houndoom as a sweeper sometimes cuz he's badass and looks like my dog

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I thought Growlithe and Arcanine were tigers until they came up in the anime

I was so disappointed

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    wanna chime in to say that the pokemon tcg is probably my best purchase on the eshop

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Knob wrote: »

Let me see your dog

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »

Let me see your dog

its a trick don't let him!

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2016
    Looks like the PoGo update is up for both Android and iOS now!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Apparently I have 3 exceptional Eevees, all with at least one IV at 15.

And one of them has max IV in both attack and defense.

And yes, it will be a Vaporeon, and I'm not even sorry #TeamMystic

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Eevee evolutions, cats or dogs????

Vaporeon: Cat
    Jolteon: Dog
    Flareon: Dog
    Espeon: Cat
    Umbreon: Cat
    Leafeon: Cat
    Glaceon: Dog
    Sylveon: Cat

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options

they're both.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Arcanine is lame. Growlithe is cool tho

• Options

they're both.

So they're foxes