CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I love the porygon kicks

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I caught a Ducklett and named it Ducklord

which isn't really a clever name or anything but it definitely made him cooler in my eyes

so of course he evolved into a fucking swan, fuck you pokemon

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I named the Ducklett I caught Just Ducky.

"Who is that? Oh, that's Just Ducky."

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    it's

pikashoe

God DAMMIT

:P

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Browsing through the rest of the shoes, I need those Metapods. The Nidokings, Charmanders, and Onix are also pretty fresh.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Seadra, Tangela, and Seaking are all flames

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    shoes:

magikarp: fresh

bulbasaur: fresh

magnemite: FRESH

pikachu: dece

raichu: dece

starmie: probably the source of the concept of original sin

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    i would rock the fuck out of those wartortles

E: oh wow i didn't even notice that you can actually order these

i need to put my money in savings like right now or else i'm gonna have to start buying more shoe racks

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    water arcanine rumours will not die. a post claiming to be the same person that leaked the images of the stage 3 starters that seems to be accepted as fact seems to suggest a water/fire arcanine. and that it will be a pokeride option.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The only thing I really want confirmed is that pokerides is replacing HMs.

The last couple gens have been moving away from HMs a ton. B/W don't require any to complete the story (other than maybe surf?) and X/Y made most HM puzzles stay solved after you did them. Let's just rip that bandaid off already.

It was kind of a shock when I picked up OR and remembered how bad it used to be. One of the biggest intersections on the map requires rock smash to go through, every time!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm fine with HMs now that they work like TMs (edit wait I guess they don't why did I think they did) I like the flavor of the area gating mechanics are all overcome by your pokemon and not you like buying a hedge trimmer or something

But if they made ride pokemon so that you actually rode YOUR pokemon instead of some rando rhydon or goat that you stole that would be really cool though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'm fine with HMs now that they work like TMs, I like the flavor of the area gating mechanics are all overcome by your pokemon and not you like buying a hedge trimmer or something

But if they made ride pokemon so that you actually rode YOUR pokemon instead of some rando rhydon or goat that you stole that would be really cool though

They don't work like TMs though. You can't trade a Pokemon in your party if it has an HM and you can't delete an HM on the fly, so a Pokemon with Cut is stuck with it until you find the Move Deleter. Nothing about how HMs work has changed since Gen I

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The fact you can't even replace an HM with another move is horseshit.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'm fine with HMs now that they work like TMs, I like the flavor of the area gating mechanics are all overcome by your pokemon and not you like buying a hedge trimmer or something

They don't work like TMs though. You can't trade a Pokemon in your party if it has an HM and you can't delete an HM on the fly, so a Pokemon with Cut is stuck with it until you find the Move Deleter. Nothing about how HMs work has changed since Gen I

Did they not

Why did I think they had been changed to work like TMs

Weird

Anyway I don't actually have a problem with them working like HMs always have either as long as the moves don't completely suck so maybe that's why they didn't bother me in XY

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    The fact you can't even replace an HM with another move is horseshit.

It was a necessary evil in the Game Boy era because it was possible (and necessary) to put the HMs in the PC and if you overwrote an HM you could end up stranding yourself somewhere and basically soft-lock your game. But it should have been abandoned the second they got rid of the Item Box and you could never not teach an HM.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    HMs feel like legacy mechanics that originally existed because of limitations but now only exist because of tradition

Ride pokemon seem neat but also not exactly what I want because it looks like there's limitations on what you can ride. I think each pokemon having a single innate ability like strength or cut that doesn't take up a move slot would be pretty great and then you'd have to balance your team for traversal in addition to battle without the temptation of putting all the bunk HM moves on a single pokemon that you never actually take into battle. Also get rid of the bike and make it so you have to ride fast pokemon to go fast.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The best thing they did for HMs in XY was make you not have to use the ones that are not good moves

I think the only ones you HAVE to use in XY are surf and... actually that might be it? You don't have to use cut or strength to progress

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    or FRIGGIN DEFOG

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would like pokemon to go full open world

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Pokemon: Breath of the Wild could be pretty cool

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Sun/Moon dual steelbook pack comes with two cartridges? It must, right?

According to the Amazon page, yes.

Looking at the insides of the steelbook, it looks like the cartridges have to be next to each other to fit inside the holder. Why did they design it like that? Why not have two compartments for each game? It's a minor inconvenience but its something that bugs the hell out of me.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA <3<3<3

I...... WANT........... D:

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe I should have just PM'ed Wyborn instead...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Anybody have an extra Feebas?

• Options
    Rock gym time

Finally it's Frogurt's time to shine

also Pancham, who is just my lil' scrappy pandaboy

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Rock gym time

Finally it's Frogurt's time to shine

also Pancham, who is just my lil' scrappy pandaboy

I'm never going to finish X, because I keep doing things like re-arranging my boxes by theme and creating new teams of all fighting-types because pancham and meinfoo look awesome.

• Options
    Also my Pancham's name is Kit Fisto which I think is a preeeetty good name for a pandaboy

• Options
    Why are there so many god damned Snubbulls around Geosenge Town

We really need to start a Pokepound or something because fuck

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am so proud of all my inside-baseball Pokemon names.

When I die my Go collection will be available at the for people to read and try and figure out and nod sagely at how fucking great all these names are.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I have been watching the Pokémon show.

Oh my God Ash, stop giving away your Pokémon. That Primeape was your best one!

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I have been watching the Pokémon show.

Oh my God Ash, stop giving away your Pokémon. That Primeape was your best one!

Ash is the worst trainer. He gets by because his Pikachu is max level and he did the stupid new game training thing so he get forever crits and free focus stash effects.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Me and @T4CT are planning an lp of Pokemon yellow where you're only allowed to catch Pokemon that ash caught in the anime and have to release your highest level Pokemon after every gym

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    c662mofoh0a6.jpg

8-)

Party time

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Also man while I get that Team Rocket are comedic heels it would be nice if they were at least a little bit of a threat.

In like, their second appearance they all get beat by a fuckin' Caterpie.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Tox Please tell me you're checking IVs if you did all that work.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Goose! wrote: »
    Tox Please tell me you're checking IVs if you did all that work.

Oh yeah
    p7sq1gamuz1a.jpg

e: now I just need seventy-five more to max it out

*sigh*

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Does that include transferring after catching?

Goose! on
This discussion has been closed.