Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Sadly, Gyarados has been the biggest disappointment for me in Go. A lot of work and he is completely outclassed by my Snorlax that just randomly popped out of an egg. I get why they made him so hard to get, but man he could maybe use a few buffs.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Does that include transferring after catching?

I think it said I'd need 300 more candies to max the level. I mean, completely max, so it'll be a looong time before I'd actually need all those, since I'm only lvl 16 now. Hopefully after popping a lucky egg and doing all my evos I have, I'll be between 18 and 19.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Sadly, Gyarados has been the biggest disappointment for me in Go. A lot of work and he is completely outclassed by my Snorlax that just randomly popped out of an egg. I get why they made him so hard to get, but man he could maybe use a few buffs.

They actually just nerfed him the other day

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

I am so far down this fucking rabbit hole that upon reading the name of that link I just assumed it meant "typing" as in pokemon type matchups

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man this guy in Route 11 on Mirior Way

with the sigilyph

dude fucked my shit up

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh hey thread

Man it's been a couple weeks now at least since I fired up Go

Definitely seems to have fallen off a bit locally, I'm not sure about the bigger picture. Great fun while it lasted! And it lasted way longer than I thought it would too, so that was nice

Also I really want those Poliwhirl shoes

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Maybe naming my Pokémon after gas stations wasn't the best idea, after all.

w0sxb1n8iry4.jpg

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Wawa is the best

(tied with Sheetz)

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Caught a Dragonair!
    Not as good as the dratini I have (that is SUPER low level), but it's candy, dust, and xp
    I can't believe it didn't run after breaking the 3rd greatball

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TreagyTreagy Registered User regular
    I've spent this week breeding Froakie to pass on spikes to a delibird. Luckily my fist batch of eggs hatched a 5IV delibird. Now to pass spikes onto Chespin. Found a Mr Mime outside my office in Go this week too

378373_trainercard-Treagy.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The running thing sucks. It turns out there's a reason why they don't do that in the games!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Decided that trying to play oras a second time just using gen 3 pokemon is dumb so I'm gonna load it up with pokemon I haven't really used before instead

So far its looking like drifloon, heliolisk, litleo, clauncher, scrafty and I haven't picked the last one yet

Got a nice two form sub theme going on but I probably need to make the last one something that isn't weak to ground

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    That sand hippo who's name I can never spell?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    That might work but I'm thinking something psychic

Like I've never used lgm/bem before so that might be fun but it has that gen 5 "i take a thousand years to evolve" problem

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Spoink/Grumpig maybe? Inkay/Malamar are pretty rad too.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Oh Inkay isn't water type

I never noticed that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    My lil' pandaboy evolved into Pangoro

this guy rules

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Oh Inkay isn't water type

I never noticed that

dark/psychic

thats one of the ones that always kills me because I assume its water

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    malmar is the squid from the end of watchmen as a pokemon

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    every time the game says a Malmar is about to come out and it isnt a chocolate marshmellow treat I get very upset

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Contrary Malamar is so much fun.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I like contrary spinda

not as good but so much sillier/cuter

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    My favorite dumb Contrary thing is Shell Smash Shuckle. Because ma boy wasn't min-maxed enough yet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm all aboard for maximum dumb strats.

It's part of why I like Haxorus so much. Mold breaker+ his stats means you just hammer the attack button and hope for the best.

Preferably while pounding a 40 and flipping the bird.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    My favorite dumb strat was using an Anger Point Krookodile and a Cryogonal with Ice Breath in Battle Subway Doubles

Cryogonal uses Ice Breath on Krookodile (who is holding an Ice-Weakening berry) for a guaranteed crit, activating Anger Point and maximizing Krookodiles attack. Krookodile then spams super powerful earthquakes and rock slides at the opponents for great sweeping.

It's not a very good strategy at all! But I loved the weirdness of it

• Options
    I'm up to the 4th gym now, which is a bit further than I made it last time (IIRC I stopped playing X shortly after finishing the third gym last time)

Is it just me or are Throhs fucking vicious motherfuckers

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So what's the best way to find people to battle in a semi-competitive type of environment.

Like people who breed and ev train and try to put together a team that makes sense, but do so with Pokémon they like/want to try using and not just using the "best"/high tier ones.

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    My favorite dumb strat was using an Anger Point Krookodile and a Cryogonal with Ice Breath in Battle Subway Doubles

Cryogonal uses Ice Breath on Krookodile (who is holding an Ice-Weakening berry) for a guaranteed crit, activating Anger Point and maximizing Krookodiles attack. Krookodile then spams super powerful earthquakes and rock slides at the opponents for great sweeping.

It's not a very good strategy at all! But I loved the weirdness of it

That's pretty good. Could also do it with Camerupt, who is much bulkier, plus lacks an Ice weakness, freeing up that item slot. Slow as hell, though, so you'd have to heal him probably.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Alright I'm gonna destroy this Grass Gym

then it's time to spend a bit of time catching pokemon and training others

Edit: Yeah that fight was super easy. Thanks, Charizard!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Boy the things people ask for on the GTS are stupid. I guess it's partly because XY came out so long ago. Any version-exclusive mons I look for, guaranteed most people want Darkrai, Genesect, etc.

• Options
    Oh, question - I have like 3 pokemon I got from using Pokemon Vault. How... do I retrieve them?

• Options
    Watching the anime more.

I'm at the point where Ash has his 8 badges. Let's take a look at how he "won" them:

vs. Brock: His only Pokémon are electric and flying types. Against Brock's rock monsters. He gets owned. His plan for the rematch is basically "try harder". Only managed to win because Pikachu accidentally breaks the sprinkler system, dousing Onix in water. So Ash essentially blunders into cheating, "earning" his first badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Misty: To Ash's credit, he was doing okay, before Team Rocket interrupts the fight to do their usual thing. After taking care of TR, do they resume? Nah, he's just given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Lt. Surge: Ash does earn this one, in what is actually a cool little fight, where he uses his Pikachu's speed to beat Raichu's power.

vs. Sabrina: This is where it gets stupid. Sabrina's one Pokémon pwns Ash completely and utterly. In two battles. But Ash happens to befriend a Gengar, who happens to show up during the second fight and make some silly faces until Sabrina laughs. Which is all she really wanted or something? Ash is given the badge because a Pokémon he doesn't own or train or control makes someone laugh. Because fuck you.

vs. Erika: Ash and Erika each take down one Pokémon from the opposing team, before Team Rocket once again interrupts. And once again after they go away Ash is given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Koga: Once more, Ash loses the first attempt. He wins the second, when Koga uses a fuckin' Golbat instead of his good Pokémon that beat Ash the first time. Why downgrade his team for seemingly no reason? BECAUSE FUCK YOU

vs. Blaine: Ash's team technically wins here. It's still bullshit, though. His hacked Pikachu somehow electrocutes a ground-type to death because fuck you. Charizard ultimately wins the match, but only because it feels like it, and does so fighting completely on its own, ignoring Ash's commands and just doing what the fuck it wants.

vs. Giovanni: The mysterious leader of Team Rocket has a team of powerful Pokémon, and goddamn Mewtwo as his trump card. He obliterates Gary Oak, Ash's superior rival. But right before Ash is set to challenge him, he has to leave town. He leaves Jessie, James, and Meowth in charge of the gym, because fuck you. So Ash has to defeat Team Rocket to win his badge, the guys that literally everyone who has even been on the show can beat, instead of the actual gym leader. Congrats.

So that's three badges that are just given to him without winning at all, two from pure luck, and two won because he was allowed to fight a weaker version of the gym's lineup. That leaves only one that feels truly earned.

You suck, Ash.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Boy the things people ask for on the GTS are stupid. I guess it's partly because XY came out so long ago. Any version-exclusive mons I look for, guaranteed most people want Darkrai, Genesect, etc.

Literal days after the first iteration of the GTS went up, people were asking for Lvl 100 event legendaries in exchange for Caterpies and they haven't stopped since. At least in Gen VI they filter those out now, so it's just "evolved Pokemon at levels that they can't legally exist in"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    You can't even trade event Pokémon over the GTS

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I could write a ten page thesis on Ash Ketchum being the worst pokemon trainer alive

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    I could write a ten page thesis on Ash Ketchum being the worst pokemon trainer alive

I would read this.

• Options
    You can't even trade event Pokémon over the GTS

Yeah, I'm not sure why they still allow event-only Pokemon to be selected as trade requests. That's a new restriction this generation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

Doesn't matter how you get there

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh, question - I have like 3 pokemon I got from using Pokemon Vault. How... do I retrieve them?

If I'm understanding the question correctly, choose the Pokemon Link option on the main menu.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    If they're Bank gifts, they'll just be in one of the boxes in the Bank and you transfer them like you would any other Pokemon in the Vault. Otherwise, yeah, the Pokemon Link, then talk to the delivery lady in the Pokemon Center (if you're already in the Center you have to leave and re-enter to spawn her).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.