Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I had a good catch Saturday and then another today!
    8Z7HWAx.jpg
    I was at my brother's show Saturday, waiting for it to start. Had dropped lures on the 3 stops that are right in the area (you can reach all 3 from the sidewalk on one side, its great). I see the silhouette and start walking for it. Found it immediately in the first direction I walked, right up the block from my brother's theater.

pTUpI4k.jpg
    This guy I caught today as I was leaving work.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    To be fair ash saved erika's gloom from burning to death giving him a free badge is in that case not so bad

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    If they're Bank gifts, they'll just be in one of the boxes in the Bank and you transfer them like you would any other Pokemon in the Vault. Otherwise, yeah, the Pokemon Link, then talk to the delivery lady in the Pokemon Center (if you're already in the Center you have to leave and re-enter to spawn her).

I don't think they've ever done this, have they? Gen V transfers through the Transporter are the only time pokemon get put straight in a box.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

Doesn't matter how you get there

If we go with "puck crosses the line doesn't matter how it got there" then Gary is actually the best

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I had a good catch Saturday and then another today!
    8Z7HWAx.jpg
    I was at my brother's show Saturday, waiting for it to start. Had dropped lures on the 3 stops that are right in the area (you can reach all 3 from the sidewalk on one side, its great). I see the silhouette and start walking for it. Found it immediately in the first direction I walked, right up the block from my brother's theater.

pTUpI4k.jpg
    This guy I caught today as I was leaving work.

I want a porygon so badly :(

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

He has never won a championship

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    If they're Bank gifts, they'll just be in one of the boxes in the Bank and you transfer them like you would any other Pokemon in the Vault. Otherwise, yeah, the Pokemon Link, then talk to the delivery lady in the Pokemon Center (if you're already in the Center you have to leave and re-enter to spawn her).

I don't think they've ever done this, have they? Gen V transfers through the Transporter are the only time pokemon get put straight in a box.

They've done this multiple times. That's how we got most of the hidden ability starters.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

They've done this multiple times. That's how we got most of the hidden ability starters.

I can't find any source on this. The Gen V starters were via serial code and the Gen II ones by Pokemon Link.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

He's won two!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

He's won two!

Orange Island's doesn't count! It's not even a real league!

I don't know what the other one is but I'm sure it involves copious bullshit.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I can't find any source on this. The Gen V starters were via serial code and the Gen II ones by Pokemon Link.

Oh, looking it up, it was Celebi and the HA Regis. But, like, I've specifically, personally gotten these gifts, so, like, I'm speaking from actual experience here, they have done this on more than one occasion.

Edit: HA! AND the Johto starters. Memory vindicated!

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

The salt when he inevitably choked in the final round of the Kalos league was legendary, because it really looked like he could do it this time.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Once ash gets to a league tournament he inevitably gets his shit pushed in by a trainer that actually knows something about Pokemon

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Or a trainer that has a Darkrai and a latios

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

It really says something when a trainer can make me feel bad for Ash Ketchum.

Fuck that guy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Ash is the best

Scoreboard

He's won two!

Orange Island's doesn't count! It's not even a real league!

I don't know what the other one is but I'm sure it involves copious bullshit.

Battle frontier, which was in Pokemon Emerald but not as a league in the game.
    My favorite thing about the show is that everyone else is playing by the video game rules and Ash is like "Teach pikachu bite? Pikachu has teeth, I don't need to teach him how to bite things". He's a weirdly 3d trainer in a world of people who only think in 2d, and it's just as much fun to see gym leaders take the same track against him. All of his Kalos gym fights are interesting because they take into account what it would be like in a fully 3D world and not just based on how it works in the game.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    That said, if anyone wants to trade me X pokemon for Y pokemon, my friend code is in my sig. Get us some Friend safari stuff too I guess.

captaink on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Watching the anime more.

I'm at the point where Ash has his 8 badges. Let's take a look at how he "won" them:

vs. Brock: His only Pokémon are electric and flying types. Against Brock's rock monsters. He gets owned. His plan for the rematch is basically "try harder". Only managed to win because Pikachu accidentally breaks the sprinkler system, dousing Onix in water. So Ash essentially blunders into cheating, "earning" his first badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Misty: To Ash's credit, he was doing okay, before Team Rocket interrupts the fight to do their usual thing. After taking care of TR, do they resume? Nah, he's just given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Lt. Surge: Ash does earn this one, in what is actually a cool little fight, where he uses his Pikachu's speed to beat Raichu's power.

vs. Sabrina: This is where it gets stupid. Sabrina's one Pokémon pwns Ash completely and utterly. In two battles. But Ash happens to befriend a Gengar, who happens to show up during the second fight and make some silly faces until Sabrina laughs. Which is all she really wanted or something? Ash is given the badge because a Pokémon he doesn't own or train or control makes someone laugh. Because fuck you.

vs. Erika: Ash and Erika each take down one Pokémon from the opposing team, before Team Rocket once again interrupts. And once again after they go away Ash is given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Koga: Once more, Ash loses the first attempt. He wins the second, when Koga uses a fuckin' Golbat instead of his good Pokémon that beat Ash the first time. Why downgrade his team for seemingly no reason? BECAUSE FUCK YOU

vs. Blaine: Ash's team technically wins here. It's still bullshit, though. His hacked Pikachu somehow electrocutes a ground-type to death because fuck you. Charizard ultimately wins the match, but only because it feels like it, and does so fighting completely on its own, ignoring Ash's commands and just doing what the fuck it wants.

vs. Giovanni: The mysterious leader of Team Rocket has a team of powerful Pokémon, and goddamn Mewtwo as his trump card. He obliterates Gary Oak, Ash's superior rival. But right before Ash is set to challenge him, he has to leave town. He leaves Jessie, James, and Meowth in charge of the gym, because fuck you. So Ash has to defeat Team Rocket to win his badge, the guys that literally everyone who has even been on the show can beat, instead of the actual gym leader. Congrats.

So that's three badges that are just given to him without winning at all, two from pure luck, and two won because he was allowed to fight a weaker version of the gym's lineup. That leaves only one that feels truly earned.

You suck, Ash.

It's a children's show

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    That said, if anyone wants to trade me X pokemon for Y pokemon, my friend code is in my sig. Get us some Friend safari stuff too I guess.

Damn, I have Pokemon Y too. But I'll still friend you for Safari purposes.
    Safari porpoises

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Watching the anime more.

I'm at the point where Ash has his 8 badges. Let's take a look at how he "won" them:

vs. Brock: His only Pokémon are electric and flying types. Against Brock's rock monsters. He gets owned. His plan for the rematch is basically "try harder". Only managed to win because Pikachu accidentally breaks the sprinkler system, dousing Onix in water. So Ash essentially blunders into cheating, "earning" his first badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Misty: To Ash's credit, he was doing okay, before Team Rocket interrupts the fight to do their usual thing. After taking care of TR, do they resume? Nah, he's just given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Lt. Surge: Ash does earn this one, in what is actually a cool little fight, where he uses his Pikachu's speed to beat Raichu's power.

vs. Sabrina: This is where it gets stupid. Sabrina's one Pokémon pwns Ash completely and utterly. In two battles. But Ash happens to befriend a Gengar, who happens to show up during the second fight and make some silly faces until Sabrina laughs. Which is all she really wanted or something? Ash is given the badge because a Pokémon he doesn't own or train or control makes someone laugh. Because fuck you.

vs. Erika: Ash and Erika each take down one Pokémon from the opposing team, before Team Rocket once again interrupts. And once again after they go away Ash is given the badge. Because fuck you.

vs. Koga: Once more, Ash loses the first attempt. He wins the second, when Koga uses a fuckin' Golbat instead of his good Pokémon that beat Ash the first time. Why downgrade his team for seemingly no reason? BECAUSE FUCK YOU

vs. Blaine: Ash's team technically wins here. It's still bullshit, though. His hacked Pikachu somehow electrocutes a ground-type to death because fuck you. Charizard ultimately wins the match, but only because it feels like it, and does so fighting completely on its own, ignoring Ash's commands and just doing what the fuck it wants.

vs. Giovanni: The mysterious leader of Team Rocket has a team of powerful Pokémon, and goddamn Mewtwo as his trump card. He obliterates Gary Oak, Ash's superior rival. But right before Ash is set to challenge him, he has to leave town. He leaves Jessie, James, and Meowth in charge of the gym, because fuck you. So Ash has to defeat Team Rocket to win his badge, the guys that literally everyone who has even been on the show can beat, instead of the actual gym leader. Congrats.

So that's three badges that are just given to him without winning at all, two from pure luck, and two won because he was allowed to fight a weaker version of the gym's lineup. That leaves only one that feels truly earned.

You suck, Ash.

It's a children's show

I don't see why that matters.

There's no reason they couldn't have written Ash and his team to overcome challenges in a more satisfying way.

Even as a kid I thought it was lame.

• Options
    Ash is a nerd with a shitty voice.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it's so you don't feel bad if you were bad at the games, you just gotta give it your best an eventually you will win, like The Ketchum Ash.

no wait, he lost in the end, never mind.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    BTW I actually think it's kinda a fun show I just like to give Ash shit for being terrible.

He's lucky the villains are dumber than him.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    it often seemed like they were aping a shonen jump or whatever style anime without understanding how all the parts work and instead ended up with Ash who while on the outside seems kind of like a dim witted kid with no idea what he's doing, secretly he is a dim witted idiot with no idea what he is doing.

• Options
    Anya's been watching the show and man, there's more goofy references to being a show than I remembered

"Why didn't we do this in the first place?" "We have to fill a half-hour"

• Options
    its hilarious how often Ash just completely ignores type matchups.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anya's been watching the show and man, there's more goofy references to being a show than I remembered

"Why didn't we do this in the first place?" "We have to fill a half-hour"

The show is funnier than I remember it being, overall.

Especially once Psyduck and Jigglypuff start making regular appearances.

• Options
    it annoys me that pikachu is supposed to be this super powerful special pikachu, but then he ends up getting chumped by everything and there's basically no pay off.

I think the reason Oak didn't want to give him to ash was because he knew that pikachu was a jerk.

• Options
    It varies from episode to episode.

Sometimes Pikachu is this amazing hax Pokemon that can one shot a ground type.

Sometimes it gets clowned by the featured Pokemon of the week.

• Options
    I feel like I shouldn't be trying to catch two of every pokemon because trying to trade every one to Rachel one at a time is going to be a stupid pain

but also

it's kinda fun when you do manage to catch one

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I've been watching the anime on Netflix from the start of XY, and Ash is much smarter now

He's gotten 3 badges so far and he's had decent strategies for all of them

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    There have been 930 episodes of the Pokemon series

That's nuuuuts

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Much like the nintendo ds, it prints money

• Options
    I've got three more Pokemon in this area I want to catch for Rachel

so why the fuck do I run into nothing but Drifloons

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    And still had 4 more pokemon .

Thats still easily the worst loss because they werent even trying

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

Especially since Legendaries in the anime are usually never seen as caught Pokemon. They're free agents who get whole movies about them.

And this guy just happened to have two Legendaries when no one else has had any.

• Options

Hexmage-PA wrote: »

Especially since Legendaries in the anime are usually never seen as caught Pokemon. They're free agents who get whole movies about them.

And this guy just happened to have two Legendaries when no one else has had any.

I hope this trainee never apologizes for being what is obviously the best trainer in the TV series.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    That trainer is the average pokeplayer, animeized

(Only I have a thing about never letting my legendaries accrue exp, so it's deffo not me)

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    That trainer is the average pokeplayer, animeized

(Only I have a thing about never letting my legendaries accrue exp, so it's deffo not me)

legendaries go right in the box 100% of the time

where they belong

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    If I legit caught 'em, I'll use 'em. I earned that.

If they were handed to me by some lady, they are collectables and never to be used.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.