As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Ryders on the Tempest

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    He can and should die. Risking and losing his life so that the krogan can be reborn is the most fitting end to the story that featured him keeping them in their cage. Running away and leaving them there lacks any dramatic punch or closure.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Blue Ending
    GodShepard is metal as fuck. Therefore, Blue is the one true ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6Ky1XDt9o

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I snagged Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on Origin while that 50% deal was happening so I've decided to start another run through the trilogy. It has been 9 years since I've played Mass Effect and 5 since I played 2. I really should have just started from the beginning again, instead of jumping into 3.

On a seperate but related note; I've recently moved and just unpacked the boxes for my office and became reacquainted with these amazing gifts I received from an awesome PAer many Secret Santas ago. Even though I long ago sold my xbox 360 I couldn't part with these:

Spoiler for largeness.
    IMG_20160923_193456_zpsyhpll4ev.jpg

IMG_20160923_193523_zps2hpoowo7.jpg

IMG_20160923_193509_zpst0ubrozw.jpg

IMG_20160923_193528_zpsthzp9qyp.jpg

IMG_20160923_193545_zps68mvfh6d.jpg

IMG_20160923_193557_zpsgs5gtft9.jpg

IMG_20160923_193605_zpserot9ddi.jpg

IMG_20160923_193612_zpslyif5cj3.jpg

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Red ending

Because why would Shepard believe anything starkid has to say

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Blue ending

Because who wouldn't want to be a god?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Red ending

Refuse is the real "I don't believe in your bullshit" ending!

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    You know in a way blue ending is the ultimate risk with the ultimate reward.

Kind of like the Vanguard class.

Vanguard = best class

Blue ending = best ending

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Red ending

But if that's your logic, why would you believe them about the red ending?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    You know in a way blue ending is the ultimate risk with the ultimate reward.

Kind of like the Vanguard class.

Vanguard = best class

Blue ending = best ending

But as a Vanguard, you know that you lay waste to all that surrounds you. Charge Nova cannot be withstood

For the sake of the Galaxy, just one more Charge.

Red Ending = Vanguardest ending.

• Options
    Vanguard.

VanGOD.

After taking over the Reaper forces, you're biotic charge ability is also uploaded to them.

Imagine: the collective fleet of giantic reapers using biotic charge against the next galaxy wide threat.

You could even modify nova to distribute a cure to whatever virus or parasite that could potentially plague the galaxy.

Blue Ending = VanGODest ending.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Red ending

But if that's your logic, why would you believe them about the red ending?

Red is "Fuck if I know what's happening. I'm going to shoot something that looks important."

Refuse is shooting something clearly unimportant.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Blue is doing what Illusive Man wanted.
    "Oh, IM would never control us, because he was already controlled by us, but YOU are different!"

Yeah, im not gonna trust Starbrat on that.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You guys aren't looking at the big picture:
    You keep talking about red like Shepard won't die, but Shepard will die. Because Shepard is human, and humans die.

Blue is the only ending where Shepard never dies.
    Shepard is a vanguard of humanity, a representation of humanity at its best (or worst). One thing that makes us human is our mortality.

What? Vanguards don't die.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Vanguard.

VanGOD.

After taking over the Reaper forces, you're biotic charge ability is also uploaded to them.

Imagine: the collective fleet of giantic reapers using biotic charge against the next galaxy wide threat.

You could even modify nova to distribute a cure to whatever virus or parasite that could potentially plague the galaxy.

But they would gain the weakness of the VanGOD as well.

They wouldn't be the host, so they would eventually ascend to Valhalla as they desynced with the galaxy.

So why not skip the middleman and get it over with? VanGODs require no time to deal with their enemies. They can Charge them all at once.

• Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    Turns out the ME trilogy is actually just the long bad stasis dream of one of the Ryder siblings.

i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Blue is doing what Illusive Man wanted.
    "Oh, IM would never control us, because he was already controlled by us, but YOU are different!"

Yeah, im not gonna trust Starbrat on that.
    That's certainly a risk. But one a true vanguard would take. And let's face it: TIM got controlled because he was incompetent and weak willed. Shepard on the other hand is not.
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Vanguard.

VanGOD.

But they would gain the weakness of the VanGOD as well.

They wouldn't be the host, so they would eventually ascend to Valhalla as they desynced with the galaxy.

So why not skip the middleman and get it over with? VanGODs require no time to deal with their enemies. They can Charge them all at once.
    But Reaper God Shepard would always be the host. Her Reaper tech would have the best internet connection in the universe after all.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    If you pick blue ending you can take that love to a whole new level
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I think i am the only person in the galaxy that didn't encourage Joker to hook up with EDI.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I think i am the only person in the galaxy that didn't encourage Joker to hook up with EDI.

You are not alone, although I applied that policy to everyone.

No fraternizing allowed on my ship.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

This is literally the exact opposite policy that my Shepard had.

All the fraternizing. All of the time.

• Options
    On my first run I thought it was cute, if a bit disturbing, so I let it go.

sig.gif
  • Options
    God, mass effect is unwieldy. I think I'll have to throw this on the lowest difficulty and just power through. The mechanics definitely didn't age well.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    God, mass effect is unwieldy. I think I'll have to throw this on the lowest difficulty and just power through. The mechanics definitely didn't age well.

Play as a vanguard. It helps a lot.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm playing vanguard. I can't go back after my mass effect 3 play through. I've read that biotics are pretty OP in mass effect. I played through as a soldier when I first played, so I've never experienced the biotics.

Maybe I'll just do easiest difficulty until I get some powers.

• Options
    Mass Effect 1 you choose Biotic and watch everything fly into space.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 1 you choose Biotic and watch everything fly into space.

Turning Geth Colossi into basketballs was so much fun.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Lift is hilarious on the last section

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Lift is hilarious on the last section

Yeah... Krogan dude, your magboots ain't going to help when you're already six feet off of the hull. G'bye now!

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I'm replaying ME1 currently as a Vanguard. I probably should have taken Lift cause it is pretty OP whenever I take Liara, but focused on Barrier instead which is also pretty great cause I can now pretty much ignore anything that is not a rocket to the face.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I'm replaying ME1 currently as a Vanguard. I probably should have taken Lift cause it is pretty OP whenever I take Liara, but focused on Barrier instead which is also pretty great cause I can now pretty much ignore anything that is not a rocket to the face.

My favorite ME1 class/power combination was Soldier + Electronics. Once you got decent armor, you didn't even have to dodge Colossus blasts. Assuming you left the mako to fight them, that is.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

My favorite ME1 class/power combination was Soldier + Electronics. Once you got decent armor, you didn't even have to dodge Colossus blasts. Assuming you left the mako to fight them, that is.

Infiltrator + Lift for me. That way I can take whoever I want and still unlock everything. And you get Soldier's crazy invulnerability. Or Sentinel. That's also a good one. ME1 Vanguard is kind of lackluster IMO. Other classes can do what they do, but better.

• Options
    Yeah, in Mass Effect 1 Vanguard was just a shitty Adept.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I always just ran them over and shot them until they had next to no health and then jumped out for full experience.

My favorite combination was anything+singularity. It's hilarious but mostly I just liked running around with explosive shotguns on everybody on my team so I'd just create the corpse cyclone and then let everybody go to town. Lift is kind of more hilarious because you can actually just shoot someone up so high if you're directly under them that they phase out and die rather than running out of health. Explosive shotgun works exactly how Carnage should.

butts
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

"You'll bang, ok?"

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    If you pick blue ending you can take that love to a whole new level
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Well I wanted this drink all over my keyboard anyway.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

I had one Shepard who I roleplayed as an extremely formal military officer. Always wore the dress uniform and everything.

He spent most of his time just being frustrated at his impotent inability to get his crew to behave in an even remotely professional manner.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

I had one Shepard who I roleplayed as an extremely formal military officer. Always wore the dress uniform and everything.

He spent most of his time just being frustrated at his his impotent inability to get his crew to behave in an even remotely professional manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HinsGPuqIDg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I always drop that Blue Suns guy out of the window, lol.