As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Why didn't they just make it an heirloom?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Watching people on the ptr get fucking nuked by flame wreathed is triggering me super fucking hard. I am going to rage so goddamn hard. People are already too dumb to leave the heart when it's closing I can't imagine pugs causing wipe after wipe on this fight.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I'm sure this info is available somewhere, but I can't find it. What do items cap out at from LFR?

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    835 base can proc all the way up to 895

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did have good trinket luck this weekend. Got the mythic one from the second boss on the way to Helya for the trinket with a shield proc, and then the vial from Court of Stars. So I have too cool healing procs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    good to know that the new followers can get upgrades, when they are inactive. I gather, they need to be active in order to give the xp tokens to? If not, I'll have to farm up some for my inactives to get them to a good spot, in the event that I ever actually need or want to activate them. I'm hopeful blizz will realize the current setup is asinine at best. Just make so a set number of followers can be on a quest at a time. Then players still have to make decisions, since quests do reset. Also makes RNG with them less obnoxious, not fun getting nothing but follower quests that require a ret follower and only have one on a long quest.

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    I finished getting attuned to Court of Stars and Arcway. I healed both. Did Arcway first with a group from Ragnaros. They seemed like a bunch of nice people, until we started wiping. The warrior, in particular was not happy about wiping. So he started talking shit to the rest of the group about me. In Spanish, which I don't speak. Unfortunately, he said something to the effect of this healer is farts/butts. The healer part doesn't translate, and that's when I figured out he was talking smack. So I told him to stop standing in stuff and he wouldn't die so quickly (No se pare en la mierda y que no va a morir como mucho. Yay google translate). He wasn't happy and I'm ok with that. I kept everyone alive on the final boss, while he died within 10 seconds. The time warping part was silly, and I was completely unprepared for it; thanks Dungeon Guide.

I used the advice upthread to help my healing. Started using cooldowns more often and that helped a lot in CoS. I died on that last boss at the end, but I felt like I was running around like crazy. It was all of our first times, so that may have been a contributing factor.

Re:PVP
    As a disc priest in the Dalaran underbelly, I die really quickly to melee. Which is all there seems to be down there: warriors, demon hunters, ferals and rogues.

I did "duel" a fellow disc priest. After a few minutes she ended up killing me. I looked at her spec to give me some ideas, which have greatly helped in killing other people when they aren't looking at me.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    That is the general rule for pvp right now , if you are a caster you die to melee. If you are a caster that needs to set up and cant spam instants while you desperately try to run away you die even faster.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Nija wrote: »
    Did Arcway first with a group from Ragnaros.

I have discovered your problem :P As someone who is used to running LFD on this battlegroup (Cataclysm especially) the Latin American servers such as Ragnaros and I think Quel'Thalas should be avoided at all costs. Blizzard "oh, don't worry about them not speaking English! Just use emotes!!" Yeah, I'm going to use emotes to explain the Jindo fight to a tank who doesn't know it or speak English and keeps wiping the group because he won't drag the trolls to the chains.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    On Saturday I LFG'd into a latin group doing Mythic+ runs

they spoke enough english to tell me important stuff but otherwise just stuck to Spanish

It was a really good group. I had a great time with them. We ended up doing like five mythic+ dungeons ranging from +2 to +4

I don't recall what server they were on

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the archaeology polearm is also one of the few (only?) polearm-esque models that's a one hander, which might make it potentially interesting for transmog I guess?

I dunno I think I vendored mine. At least it was an easy archaeology quest, though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh, i should look into doing that arch quest. It could be useful for my monk. How do I go about getting that quest?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Wait till you group with Russians
    Whose alphabet DBM can't read
    So all you get is <<Rot on ??????????> and you have to guess by class color and length of name who it is.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Oh, i should look into doing that arch quest. It could be useful for my monk. How do I go about getting that quest?

Should be from dalaran to talk to someone in high mountain.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    So all you get is <<Rot on ??????????> and you have to guess by class color and length of name who it is.

I love on Shade of Xavius when it casts that debuff on a random target, it'll target DK Army Ghouls. DBM spits out "Dispel on Army of the Dead Ghoul!".

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Thing with heroics is that most people out gear them , so everyone who can is doing mythics + 2 for three chest easy gear. So the people doing heroics are inexperienced or just flat out bad.

I tank heroics if I'm bored and there's a bonus waiting for me. It's what, 700g or so? And a decent amount of AP. It's basically a lot more worthwhile than a world quest.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    As a mage, the rumor quest in Suamar wasn't that bad, only triggered the mobs once.

Now I'm up to the Mythics

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    There's an NPC near the Waning Crescent (a child standing on a wagon) who sells items that can distract guards and such. They aren't perfect, but they might give you the few seconds you need to get to safety.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    There is definitely a class power gap when it comes to the suramar elite stuff with the deciding factor being if you have access to proper cc or not. My windwalker crushed all those quests in a matter of minutes, in fact I didn't even realise it was the same quests that people in guild chat had been complaining about until after I was done.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Christ I hit 8k honored and stopped doing it. I think I did the withered training twice. I actually like the withered training but I hate getting that stupid mana.

The thing that killed me was not one, but TWO quests where that stupid asshole wants massive amounts of your mana just to do the quest. I couldn't believe it was not a joke.

Oh yeah, Mr. not Altair. Mana is relatively easier to farm in the Vineyard since there's few guards in there, and I bothered to check requirements to not have to go back to farm mana, but 1200 mana? Fuck off.

Vineyard got netfed.
    GL

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Christ I hit 8k honored and stopped doing it. I think I did the withered training twice. I actually like the withered training but I hate getting that stupid mana.

The thing that killed me was not one, but TWO quests where that stupid asshole wants massive amounts of your mana just to do the quest. I couldn't believe it was not a joke.

Oh yeah, Mr. not Altair. Mana is relatively easier to farm in the Vineyard since there's few guards in there, and I bothered to check requirements to not have to go back to farm mana, but 1200 mana? Fuck off.

Vineyard got netfed.
    GL

Since when? I still make tons there.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Vineyard got netfed.
    GL

How so? Seems the same to me. Granted about two weeks in everyone hit 110 so the area was farmed to hell, but I still see lots of nodes there sometimes at odd hours.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I do have people giving me rude gestures and swearing at me when I collect mana though. Like we all need it, I don't know why someone is throwing hate on me for grabbing it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Just another reason to not group with people who speak other languages. I personally will auto-quit a mythic dungeon group if i join and there is someone from azralon, ragnaros, quel'thalas, etc. in the group.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    In mythic + it gets bad because the bats fixate on other players and last week it was especially horrible considering bolstered is a hell of an affix for sections like that. sanguine is probably a pain too now that I think about it, due to the narrow corridor

The bats don't bolster or sanguine. Thankfully.

EDIT: This post was jumping the gun, you others mentioned this.

TBH Blizz has been pretty good about not making packs affected by affixes when it would be truly ludicrous for them to be.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    havoc demon hunters are going to be fun on flame wreath.

• Options
    I don't remember having any issue on flame wreath as a melee, but maybe I'm just misremembering how that fight went.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Pretty sure Blade Dance technically counts as standing still.

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Pretty sure Blade Dance technically counts as standing still.

fel rush and vengeful retreat sure won't.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oats wrote: »
    So in withered training towards the end there is like a stair case full of never ending spider ads. What are you supposed to do there? just hopefully have enough withered to run past them to get to whatever spawns the ads?

More or less, yeah. For what it's worth, that's basically the end. There's an easy boss with a bucket of health at the top of the gauntlet.

I figured, but when I got there last night I had like 3 withered.

Its that freaking leystalker that always fucks my shit up.

Stun him, put withered on aggressive, and blow him up!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I'm wondering if felblade for vengeance also won't be allowed, since it's unusable when rooted even if you're already in melee range.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

I'm wondering if felblade for vengeance also won't be allowed, since it's unusable when rooted even if you're already in melee range.

Yeah. I don't change talents very often because of the cost of tomes, but there are a few fights where I wish they weren't 200g each.

• Options
    Oats wrote: »
    So in withered training towards the end there is like a stair case full of never ending spider ads. What are you supposed to do there? just hopefully have enough withered to run past them to get to whatever spawns the ads?

More or less, yeah. For what it's worth, that's basically the end. There's an easy boss with a bucket of health at the top of the gauntlet.

I figured, but when I got there last night I had like 3 withered.

Its that freaking leystalker that always fucks my shit up.

Stun him, put withered on aggressive, and blow him up!

I do that, but he murders my bros! I just got the tome for increased accuracy hopefully that will help.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    The 25% Health 25% damage and Focus attack Buffs are the most important buffs to get and i always make sure to grab those chests when i get a new character into the scenario

The Cheat death bubble juke still works on Dro only he won't run into it until he dies anymore he will get hit once by it and lose about 70% of his health always make sure you go in with at least 15 withered anything less Imo is a waste

I go in with 8 and can clear the whole thing. Just have to be careful what you pull.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Regarding the 'useless' polearm you get from Highmountain archy this week, it turns out that it scales to your level, up to 100. So, if you have a monk or something and don't want to spend gold on heirloom weapons, there you go.

Apparently you can't loot it on M+, which was kind of annoying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    A guildie made me a sky golem, and I enchanted my gloves with the Legion herbalism. Holy shit. Combine that with tank spec and I literally don't ever have to dismount or fight anything, unless I get one of the hostile mob procs. Just run around and pick up herbs in 0.3seconds. Even if I have things on top of me punching me in the face, the cast time with the enchant is low enough to herb between swing timers.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It's a bit strange with some of these higher mythic+ difficulty dungeons, of having to explain the concept of LoS pulls to people again.

That is to say, when we're doing an LoS pull, please stop dpsing the pack that we're trying to dps, and then pull aggro and fuckup the los pull.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    It's a bit strange with some of these higher mythic+ difficulty dungeons, of having to explain the concept of LoS pulls to people again.

That is to say, when we're doing an LoS pull, please stop dpsing the pack that we're trying to dps, and then pull aggro and fuckup the los pull.

at least these days you don't have to worry too much about healer aggro.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    One of the main herbalists in our guild who I help out, was using my Leather Bardings for about a week until he realized he could just switch to tank spec and never be dismounted by mobs.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    A guildie made me a sky golem, and I enchanted my gloves with the Legion herbalism. Holy shit. Combine that with tank spec and I literally don't ever have to dismount or fight anything, unless I get one of the hostile mob procs. Just run around and pick up herbs in 0.3seconds. Even if I have things on top of me punching me in the face, the cast time with the enchant is low enough to herb between swing timers.

I got a sky golem, what's that enchant do? Gotta pick up some stirrups and stuff for super gathering I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.