Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

The elite part is a total nightmare designed by crazy people. It's horrible beyond reason.

There are a couple of safe spots, though i'm sure its meant to be done in groups, just like the PVP WQ
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I play a blood dk and I was tooling through the elite section when I ran past a demon a little too slowly, and she dispelled my disguise. I ran madly, trying to scramble to find a safe exit, but got boxed into a dead end, with more elite felborne closing in and a pack of non-elite sycophants bombarding me with arcane blasts. I dove into a corner trying to lose them, but it was too shallow to shake any aggro and about a dozen mobs, half elites, piled in after me. I was down to under half-health, about to bolt and try to find another path, almost resigned to dying and releasing, but then I thought "Fuck it."

I dismounted, dropped Death and Decay, hit Consumption, and started wailing on them, targeting the non-elites, mind freezing, choking casters, throwing up anti-magic shell, deathgripping channelers, spreading blood plague everywhere, blood mirroring the big demon, death striking my health back up. It took minutes, multiple casts of Cosumption and Vampiric Blood, my health hovering at about 10-25% most of the time, but in the end they were all dead and I was alive. 22 ancient mana. I felt like a god.

I no longer fear the elite quarter. I cannot.

As a tank the only thing in the outdoor world that poses a threat is the world bosses. Still doesn't make that section any fun.
    You CAN die if you get too cocky - 10+ of them will be tricky, 15-20 is a death sentence even as a tank.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Mill wrote: »
    So Suramar is quickly becoming my least favorite zone. It's kind of a shame because it's beautiful, but fuck a ton of the design decisions that went into it.

The city really should have it's own sub-zone map.

Not a fan of the elite zone. Ironically, with some decent gear, situational awareness, good CD use and familiarity with the area (possible a body guard, that's what I have). Some of the group quests can be soloed). I don't see many people there, so I don't know if it's a lack of people not being far enough to get the world quests in the elite zone. The area just being a pain to navigate. Or if being in a group doesn't make it go that much faster, I think I killed 16 stelleris libertines before one finally got persuaded. The disguise thing wouldn't be so bad, if the detection patrols weren't so annoying.

Ancient mana is annoying to manage. Some of the withered army stuff is also pretty god awful.

Suramar is probably going to be one of those zones, I start avoiding once I get everything I want out of it or at least the city and withered army training.

I did the unlock and I'm NOT going back to the elite zone unless I have to. Period. There's also that factor.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I hit exalted with the Nightfallen the other day. I definitely feel less inclined to do their quests. I also got all the chests in the withered training a few days earlier, so I don't really need to do that one anymore either. I might continue to do it for whatever toys you can get from the thing.

Yesterday my order hall mission list rewarded nothing but follower upgrade items. That was kind of dumb since all my followers are at their max ilvl with the exception of 2 of my inactive ones. I suppose I could take them out of retirement and level them up too, but eh. At least you can apply the upgrades to level 110 followers who are inactive. I gave Millhouse Manastorm enough upgrades to max him out, not that I'll ever use him.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Christ I hit 8k honored and stopped doing it. I think I did the withered training twice. I actually like the withered training but I hate getting that stupid mana.

The thing that killed me was not one, but TWO quests where that stupid asshole wants massive amounts of your mana just to do the quest. I couldn't believe it was not a joke.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Christ I hit 8k honored and stopped doing it. I think I did the withered training twice. I actually like the withered training but I hate getting that stupid mana.

The thing that killed me was not one, but TWO quests where that stupid asshole wants massive amounts of your mana just to do the quest. I couldn't believe it was not a joke.

Oh yeah, Mr. not Altair. Mana is relatively easier to farm in the Vineyard since there's few guards in there, and I bothered to check requirements to not have to go back to farm mana, but 1200 mana? Fuck off.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Just healed Arcway. Is not BRH bad (BRH is THE worst dungeon in Legion), but that stupid undispellable anti-healing debuff gets depressing.

BRH isn't bad really. I finished a m+10 version of it last night. We didn't beat the timer, but it was easier than eye +9. Arcway trash can get pretty awful pretty fast with higher mythic + levels. Bolstering arcway was really awful, and having to deal with the stupid respawning ghost patrols every wipe is the worst.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    the fun thing about BRH is that it doesn't really get any harder at +10...if you do the trash mechanics correctly you'll win, and if you do them incorrectly you'll lose, and that's true whether you're doing +4 or +10.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Just healed Arcway. Is not BRH bad (BRH is THE worst dungeon in Legion), but that stupid undispellable anti-healing debuff gets depressing.

BRH isn't bad really. I finished a m+10 version of it last night. We didn't beat the timer, but it was easier than eye +9. Arcway trash can get pretty awful pretty fast with higher mythic + levels. Bolstering arcway was really awful, and having to deal with the stupid respawning ghost patrols every wipe is the worst.

We did +7 arcway last night with a terrible door luck. We had to go straight up the middle, go one direction, then double back to the other. No real way to skip anything either. A few things gave us some trouble (like a trinket pulling a boss while we were still killing trash), and did you know the banshees response every time you wipe? Super frustrating to have to kill those over and over.

We eventually finished but oof

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Arcway is horrible and it's all those bullshit ghosts fault

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    the fun thing about BRH is that it doesn't really get any harder at +10...if you do the trash mechanics correctly you'll win, and if you do them incorrectly you'll lose, and that's true whether you're doing +4 or +10.

Can you break down the BRH trash? I know you can stun the archers and scouts? out of barrage and knife dance, but I'm still unclear what some of the guys in the first few pulls do. There's some kind of sacrifice soul move that I don't understand, and maybe another heal?

• Options
    They aren't too bad if you have strong DPS and can coordinate interrupts. But of course, that's basically saying "if you have good players then content is more achievable" which is like "well duh"

• Options
    They aren't too bad if you have strong DPS and can coordinate interrupts. But of course, that's basically saying "if you have good players then content is more achievable" which is like "well duh"

The worst part isn't that healing debuff. That can be dealt with pretty easily.

The worst part is the healing debuff while you're also dealing with a regular trash pack, which happens often because of how slow they move, the range of their patrol, and the fact that it's impossible to pull them anywhere, so YOU have to go to THEM

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Arcway as a tank feels like I have a lot of control.
    BRH I have to resort to single pull, then CC, then kite pretty fast.
    EU has raging/necrotic which is just untenable, I did BRH +8 with it today on a wipe run, it took 1h15mins

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Well, with tyrannical there are some hard checks for getting past some of the bosses. Particularly the last boss. If you can't kill lord ravencrest or whatever his name is (the guy you fight before the dreadlord comes out) before your tank gets 3-4 stacks of the debuff it's probably going to be a wipe. At some point the first shadowbolt volley from the dreadlord will kill people outright if they don't have enough mitigation from their personal cd's (I was one-shot through spirit link and astral shift at +10 tyrannical, but had ankh to rez myself). The second to last boss is a dps race also, because the fell fire from the bats is cast more and more frequently as the fight goes on, and at +10 tyrannical, the boss had more health than a normal mode raid boss.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Maybe it's just me being entrenched in 10 years of gameplay, but all these Alchemy quests are really starting to piss me off.

Just give me the fucking recipe. Let me run around for 2-star and 3-star.

It's hard for me to get these done when I log in on a Sunday morning before the kids wake up, and I'm still trudging through these things after they're running around me.
    "Daddy what's that"
    "Daddy do you have a pig pet yet? You said you'd have a pig pet."
    "Daddy I want to play it while I sit on your lap and you play."
    "Daddy let me see the dragons you can ride even though your mount pane issues are still around and fuck Blizzard for, 'just reinstall, I can see things just fine' bullshit tech support."

Mugsley on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    so even low level pvp gives you new-style equipment that changes stats when you change specs.
    thats nice
    i wish they'd redo dungeon and quest stuff to do that too

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2016
    TTODewback wrote: »
    so even low level pvp gives you new-style equipment that changes stats when you change specs.
    thats nice

They do.

It's WQ rewards that don't.

e:
    At least legion does, not the old stuff. If you were referring to that, yeah that would be nice.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    RedDawn wrote: »
    The retrieving information bug is awful. I've seen it constantly. I've done every "fix" people say and nothing short of just luck seems to clear it up.

Have you tried:
    /script GetItemInfo(129457)

(the number needs to be replaced with the item id which you can get from wowhead - this one is the Beginner's Guide to Dimensional Rift in which I had this problem on).

This worked for me - it forced the game to reload the item after a minute or so

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    In other news: who designed the algorithm for OH missions?

"Oh, I see you have 3 followers at 810. Here's 5 missions at 830 and two at 810, but you can't cover the needed abilities. GG."

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I hit a point with my mage where WQ don't really help me out that much, except for rep and I guess order points. I've had a devil of a time getting into any of the end game content outside of that. My guild has taken me through the first half of a mythic, but we had to leave. This was over a week and a half ago. I'm not sure what else there is to do.

I ended up rolling a monk and healing through leveling dungeons. Will probably just play him from now, and log on to my 110 just to do the timed quest until i run out of order points.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    thats nice

For leveling, I guess. But Heirlooms already take care of that. I do not want that stuff in my "endgame" of gearing. Earning loot is what I enjoy about this game. I understand why they took it out of PVP, even if I don't agree with it. (I agree that having catch up mechanisms are important, and that leveling the PVP playing field makes sense if you want to normalize the experience).

However, WoW, at it's PvE core has been about character progression. They've added ways to see content, a la LFR and other "normal content", but since the beginning it's been about equiping your character with better gear to make it so you can do more content/do content easier.

I'm not making an elitist comment here: I don't want people not able to see things, or for elite people to have access to better things. But Making my ilevel go up is why I play this game. Getting shinies has been my world ever since my first epic droped (shadow band for my warlock @level 43). Getting my nemesis helm, Azuresong mageblade. and the incrimental advancements were good, too.

I know not everyone plays it for this reason, but MMOs, for me are about that carrot on the stick.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I hit a point with my mage where WQ don't really help me out that much, except for rep and I guess order points. I've had a devil of a time getting into any of the end game content outside of that. My guild has taken me through the first half of a mythic, but we had to leave. This was over a week and a half ago. I'm not sure what else there is to do.

I ended up rolling a monk and healing through leveling dungeons. Will probably just play him from now, and log on to my 110 just to do the timed quest until i run out of order points.

This is pretty much my problem now, i'm glad that the next bonus event gives rep for completing world quests. That means I can do pathfinder pt1 and then stop playing until pt 2 comes out.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God those fucking ghosts, and that damned healing debuff also heals the mob for a portion of what you heal people with if I remember right. So as a healer you have to decide if you want to heal or just let people hang out with low health.

Did a Vault run last night, aside from 3 fucking disconnects... it was fairly smooth, though I swear to god on that second boss dps you can interrupt that ability block move!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    thats nice

They do.

It's WQ rewards that don't.

e:
    At least legion does, not the old stuff. If you were referring to that, yeah that would be nice.

yeah old old stuff.
    hell tbc plate still has agility on it

TBC throwback dungeons are in like a week or two
    I wonder if the 110 items will be fixed or also have stupid stats

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    God those fucking ghosts, and that damned healing debuff also heals the mob for a portion of what you heal people with if I remember right. So as a healer you have to decide if you want to heal or just let people hang out with low health.

Did a Vault run last night, aside from 3 fucking disconnects... it was fairly smooth, though I swear to god on that second boss dps you can interrupt that ability block move!

In mythic you can't, actually. You just have to deal with it. Gotta time it and use abilities you won't need to get rid of it.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular

A mythic dungeon? You can pug those, I know it's not something everybody wants to do, but it's totally doable and I've had success with full pugs up to +5 keystones. If you're dead set on shelving the character, that's another thing, but the progression in Legion isn't totally dependent on having people to play with.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

In mythic you can't, actually. You just have to deal with it. Gotta time it and use abilities you won't need to get rid of it.

Well then the stupid dungeon journal lied to me!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    thats nice

For leveling, I guess. But Heirlooms already take care of that. I do not want that stuff in my "endgame" of gearing. Earning loot is what I enjoy about this game. I understand why they took it out of PVP, even if I don't agree with it. (I agree that having catch up mechanisms are important, and that leveling the PVP playing field makes sense if you want to normalize the experience).

However, WoW, at it's PvE core has been about character progression. They've added ways to see content, a la LFR and other "normal content", but since the beginning it's been about equiping your character with better gear to make it so you can do more content/do content easier.

I'm not making an elitist comment here: I don't want people not able to see things, or for elite people to have access to better things. But Making my ilevel go up is why I play this game. Getting shinies has been my world ever since my first epic droped (shadow band for my warlock @level 43). Getting my nemesis helm, Azuresong mageblade. and the incrimental advancements were good, too.

I know not everyone plays it for this reason, but MMOs, for me are about that carrot on the stick.

You misunderstood what @TTODewback was talking about. He's not saying pve gear should have it's ilevel removed, he's saying that pre-legion quest and dungeon drops should have the new automatically-changing-primary-stat functionality too; that way if you're leveling as say a enhancement shaman, and you want to switch to resto to do some dungeons, you don't have to completely replace your gear set.

• Options
    So in withered training towards the end there is like a stair case full of never ending spider ads. What are you supposed to do there? just hopefully have enough withered to run past them to get to whatever spawns the ads?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So in withered training towards the end there is like a stair case full of never ending spider ads. What are you supposed to do there? just hopefully have enough withered to run past them to get to whatever spawns the ads?

Put them on aggressive and slowly push through until you can aggro the boss that spawns them.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular

More or less, yeah. For what it's worth, that's basically the end. There's an easy boss with a bucket of health at the top of the gauntlet.

• Options
    Oats wrote: »

More or less, yeah. For what it's worth, that's basically the end. There's an easy boss with a bucket of health at the top of the gauntlet.

I figured, but when I got there last night I had like 3 withered.

Its that freaking leystalker that always fucks my shit up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

BRH is a fucking nightmare as a healer because someone thought tight staircases was never going to be difficult to LOS in.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    One thing the WQ's have gotten me to do is not mind doing the occasional pvp quest. I'm not into PvP, but i feel interested in smashing the occasional alliance stronghold and getting some kind of credit for it. I rarely see alliance to fight against, only npcs are defending the tower but I kinda feel good about it and getting honor as a reward feels more like progression.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

BRH is a fucking nightmare as a healer because someone thought tight staircases was never going to be difficult to LOS in.

Aside from the spider area following the first boss, never had an issue with healing on the stair cases since no one fights on them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »

I figured, but when I got there last night I had like 3 withered.

Its that freaking leystalker that always fucks my shit up.

I'm playing as a tank so my advice won't be universal or super helpful likely. I walk in with 20, generally open and then skip the first two rooms, and then clear everything.

Last time I hit Dro I waited for him to move away, stunned him, hit Party Time! (the big red button) and the withered killed him shortly thereafter.

If you hard CC Dro when he's running around stabbing mooks he'll go back to being tankable afterwards.

• Options
    In mythic + it gets bad because the bats fixate on other players and last week it was especially horrible considering bolstered is a hell of an affix for sections like that. sanguine is probably a pain too now that I think about it, due to the narrow corridor

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    One thing the WQ's have gotten me to do is not mind doing the occasional pvp quest. I'm not into PvP, but i feel interested in smashing the occasional alliance stronghold and getting some kind of credit for it. I rarely see alliance to fight against, only npcs are defending the tower but I kinda feel good about it and getting honor as a reward feels more like progression.

I love doing those, but from a PvP perspective they kind of baffle me as there is absolutely nothing drawing the opposite faction to that area so it's pretty much a PvE thing that awards honor :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    It really helps to grab the regular chests when you can on withered training runs, they give upgrades to your withereds' health, damage, and makes them less likely to run away when their health gets low. The really big chests are good too, but they cost a lot of withered to get.

Starting off with a 2000 mana army makes it a lot easier. It's not hard to find all the upgrades, and spending about 20 minutes in Suramar will give you 2k mana. And I'm not even talking about the elite section, just run around the waning crescent nabbing arcwine and leypowder. Go after chests, there's a lot. You'll have full mana in no time. I was running around the other day with 35 fully upgraded guys and the Leystalker lasted about 5 seconds. 'course, at this point I'm just doing it for rep and a chance at some rare items. Plus I hear there's an artifact appearance for blood DKs in there.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    azith28 wrote: »

I was on my Prot Paladin, doing the one where you ride around on bears, in order to get some piece for transmog. I came across an Alliance bear. We both froze.

I backed off and nodded.

He or she backed off and nodded.

We stayed well away from each other and completed the quest without doing any PVP.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
This discussion has been closed.